Growing hair back? - The Big 3 ++ Journey

15 minutes ago, Phil36fromaus said:

wow  you can really see a marked improvement with your current regiment in the last 2 months. congrats!

congratulate me if all my hair grows back lol it probably wont. But in all honestly, its been working. looking forward to the next update on the 26th of this month.

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

• Moderators

I'm really curious to see the results after a few more months to know if those little hair start to grow out. Please keep us updated.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 12/8/2018 at 5:42 PM, shookwon33 said:

i couldnt find the answer to my question i asked you on this thread man lol

what?? lol not only is everything I'm doing in this thread, I also have pictures! lol

1 hour ago, Shifty said:

what?? lol not only is everything I'm doing in this thread, I also have pictures! lol

lol yes but my question I asked was what brand of finasteride are you using... and are you seeing any results so far from your finasteride such as regrowth. I don't see any of those answers bro lol

@shookwon33 I mentioned in your thread I was taking Hims. Its why i commented. So far on the regimen I am doing (in this thread) as you can see form my comments and photos, I am seeing regrowth. I am just over 2 months in.

Edited by Shifty

2 hours ago, Shifty said:

@shookwon33 I mentioned in your thread I was taking Hims. Its why i commented. So far on the regimen I am doing (in this thread) as you can see form my comments and photos, I am seeing regrowth. I am just over 2 months in.

Thanks for responding. Have you tried using the HIMs shampoo at all? It has DHT blocking active ingredients as claimed. Just wondeirng, because i saw that you purchased a separate DHT blocking shampoo for some reason

20 minutes ago, shookwon33 said:

Thanks for responding. Have you tried using the HIMs shampoo at all? It has DHT blocking active ingredients as claimed. Just wondeirng, because i saw that you purchased a separate DHT blocking shampoo for some reason

I purchased a shampoo with 1% Ketoconazole. Had nothing to do with DHT really. As someone else in this thread mentioned, get Nizoral.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2018 at 12:57 PM, Shifty said:

2 month mark doing the above religiously. 2 months in I've seen 2 marketable differences. 

1) thicker hair

2) new growth

The last pic is an upclose of the left temple area where there was zero hair before starting finesteride in September and the rest after. If you cannot see them there are small hairs growing all over the pace. This is happening on the right and starting to happen in the front of my hair line as well. Not easy to notice but in person they are very noticeable. Praying this is happening on crown as well. i just cant see or photo it because of angle. 

I dont notice as much difference in the crown, which sucks because its what I am cognizant of the most, but an upclose shows some progress. (last 2 pics)

image.png.65417e1d3146fcb5637ae8836453b28a.png

image.png.cf406db2dae766042f8d7a04ae56f2f9.png

image.png.428e2589a89cf2499c118f1f2efef301.png

9/22

image.png.cb63c6eb6430466de293884359faa54b.png

11/25

image.png.73b852caabe15d49e64cb788cd0759cf.png

Hope this helps someone out there. 

Belated merry Christmas all and happy holidays. Today is 3 month mark for Finesteride with added 1% Ketoconazole shampoo and derma rolling and Rogaine added along the way as well as my regular vitamins and such. Pictures taken this morning. (up close temporal is left side to show hairs growing as this was the weakest side)

Let me know what you think. Thoughts on crown filling in more?

image.png.75f50586d4e2005c31e6c1566be83372.png

image.png.5506372ca01303a61b573dea66397e1c.png

image.thumb.png.75b43cc925fa6dc4fb8a3199cf170fc9.png

image.thumb.png.20679bef2d5a300f524f42fcfba64879.png

**there are quite a few vellus hairs in the temporal area, and I do believe these are becoming terminal, anyone care to correct me if this is not possible considering my age/hair loss?

You cannot see them in the photos but in the right light I can, they are getting longer.

On 11/12/2018 at 11:51 AM, Shifty said:

Just wanted to keep the updates going on this thread If this works and anyone wants to follow suit.

My Regimine:

Started taking Finesteride 1MG September 26th

Started derma roller October 18th (2 times a week Thursdays nights and Sunday nights, no minoxidil on these nights)

started Rogaine foam 2nd week of October (morning and night)

Just started Shampoo Containing  1% Ketoconazole (2-3 nights a week)

currently using PhotoWorx Organic Hair Loss Shampoo w/ plant stem cells for recovery and regrowth (using this for 2-3 months)

will use Photoworx on days I do not use Keto shampoo

Vitamins:

Daily and Nightly (been taking these since 2012) https://bit.ly/2JZ1gQC 

Sr Sports biotin with coconut oil 5000mg https://amzn.to/2FjoiD6 (taking this for last few years)

Viviscal Professional (been taking this for the past few years) https://www.viviscal.com

Photos:

Taken October 7th

image.png.3d4211fd269813574b381863cd5c2040.png

Taken October 17th

image.png.fbeeedd214a7aca66d2626a21843b8b0.png

Taken November 12th

image.png.4716712d6662c16820877b9c65961f35.png

image.png.ac12577ed3367c192828c15042606406.png

this is the original progress post of where i started.

Edited by Shifty

• Moderators

You are having some very good progress for only a few months. Since you've only been doing this for 3 months (is that correct?) then I think there will be further improvements over the next 3 to 6 months.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

5 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

You are having some very good progress for only a few months. Since you've only been doing this for 3 months (is that correct?) then I think there will be further improvements over the next 3 to 6 months.

Today is exactly 3 months (started Sept 26) for Finesteride. I started derma rolling 10/18 not sure when I started Rogaine, was about a month or so after fin. I also started the keto shampoo mid November.

Edited by Shifty

Nice! You're seeing some awesome progress buddy. Keep it up 🙂

100% things are thickening up towards the front and crown. Will be interesting to see how things turn out in 12 months.

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date.

Thanks for responding. Have you tried using the HIMs shampoo at all? It has DHT blocking active ingredients as claimed.

Save your money. It's the big three. Rogaine, Propecia, Nizoral. And if you have the budget, PRP... But that's only to thicken vellus hairs and prevent hair loss because it keeps hair in the growth phase.  Is not required though. The big three will do the trick. If you go the PRP route, make sure is five times concentrate.

2018-12-27_0917.png

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HairLossMentor said:

Nice! You're seeing some awesome progress buddy. Keep it up 🙂

100% things are thickening up towards the front and crown. Will be interesting to see how things turn out in 12 months. 

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date.

No problem hoping someone can get somethign out of this if they are iffy about an HT. I am pretty happy about the progress so far.

6 hours ago, HairLossMentor said:

Save your money. It's the big three. Rogaine, Propecia, Nizoral. And if you have the budget, PRP... But that's only to thicken vellus hairs and prevent hair loss because it keeps hair in the growth phase.  Is not required though. The big three will do the trick. If you go the PRP route, make sure is five times concentrate.

2018-12-27_0917.png

I hear iffy things about PRP..

Why are you pointing out the certain areas of my progress? Any particular reason? this is the most recent.

image.png.4ca7916455518eeaa496c6d81ffe7151.png

Nothing in my hair but Rogaine foam. Cursed with a high forehead. Hoping the top fills in more over the next few months so I can maybe lower the hair line with the HT

This is 3 months growth. 

Screenshot_20181230-120606_Gallery.jpg

53 minutes ago, HairLossMentor said:

@Shifty No reason man! All looks great. Just where I noticed the most improvement. Looks like you're seeing growth all over too. 

Just bookmarked this thread. Keep us posted buddy. A lot of guys considering meds would benefit from this. Maybe even throw up some video too. That would be cool.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I will 100% update every 26th of the month. As for video I wouldn't know where to begin. 

• Administrators

Great progress man, the edges of your crown are really improving 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

18 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Great progress man, the edges of your crown are really improving 🙌🏼

Thanks, month 3 was really significant. I have been religious with this and will not stop the train while its rolling so well. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/26/2018 at 11:31 AM, Shifty said:

Belated merry Christmas all and happy holidays. Today is 3 month mark for Finesteride with added 1% Ketoconazole shampoo and derma rolling and Rogaine added along the way as well as my regular vitamins and such. Pictures taken this morning. (up close temporal is left side to show hairs growing as this was the weakest side)

Let me know what you think. Thoughts on crown filling in more?

image.png.75f50586d4e2005c31e6c1566be83372.png

image.png.5506372ca01303a61b573dea66397e1c.png

image.thumb.png.75b43cc925fa6dc4fb8a3199cf170fc9.png

image.thumb.png.20679bef2d5a300f524f42fcfba64879.png

Today is month 4 to the day that I started Finesteride while adding other products along the way. Hope these help! 

I think it is going very well. Got a haircut yesterday for first time in a long time, the owners had me write down what i was using they were fairly shocked. 

I will comb hair and use product and take pics with hair styled tomorrow

NO PRODUCT IN HAIR STRAIGHT OUT OF SHOWER WITH USE OF A BLOW DRYER

image.png.7d0df4c6ef625fa54735881d7421b722.png

image.png.8e4998c459ff843ce9e55c286b94f3ef.png

THIS IS TEMPORAL AREA. OBVIOUSLY PLENTY OF MORE HAIRS GROWING

image.thumb.png.1802c66148cba552c7a4aade485776d2.png