one month before Fue surgery . Want to do Fut now..

Thanks all for ur opinions n support .. It has eased my mind . I’m 100% going to go through with the 2000 grafts FUE.. 

was just having cold feet .. not easy to spend $16,000 and go through surgery .. but I feel good about it now .. thanks  :)

Edited by Legend007
  • Like 1

I started seeing real hair loss around around 40. 3 years later and I'm panicking. I'm 100% positive no more hair is falling out but I wish I had done research then like I've been doing now.

I have my appointment July 2019 with Diep and I am considering FUT because of the amount of hairs that can be harvested. I do like to wear my hair short so I am very torn.

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

@Legend007

i know a lot of people are saying that they wouldn’t get a hair transplant in your shoes with that amount of hair.  But I do see enough thinning that would bother me as well...enough to consider surgery.  Not only that but I believe you said you were 40 years old.  So you seem like a good candidate for either FUSS or FUE (both are considered FUT procedures by the way).   

Considering the way you like to style your hair, I wouldn’t worry too much about the possibility of strip scarring especially since storing is typically minimal even when your hair is cropped short.  However, if you are really that concerned about it, then perhaps you should go the FUE route.  

Dr. Diep is an outstanding surgeon and I feel confident that he will give you the results you’re looking for.  

Best wishes,

Bill

On 10/16/2018 at 11:35 AM, Legend007 said:

N thanks vox, mick n gas for the support .. I appreciate it ..

n yeah jean , diep fut prices are half of his fue.. $4-4.50 per Graft FUT compared to $8-$8.50 per graft FUE..

i think my first surgery should be FUT , considering my circumstances ..  if i let diep do my first surgery with FUE, since I have thick asian hair he will be using .9-1mm punches ,  my donor is going to be depleted quite a bit  to where doing fut later won’t be as beneficial . 

First pic is me today ..n how my hair is .. I still have a hairline .. n don’t look bald at all .. but at closer examination u can see the recession , hair is diffusing into a Norwood 3.. I’m trying to have good hair for another 10-15 years .. I have a pretty 26 y/o fionsa ... met her when I still had good hair :) I have to retain my looks for another decade at least .. 

I have a question , since I be transplanting into native hair ,, Will diep still be able to dense pack it? I’m almost certain I will lose those hairs in the front from shockloss , I don’t care bout them it’s so thin already it’s bound to die soon .. but I’m worried it affect my transplanted hair to where it can’t be densepacked ..

FA34DBBE-88FB-46F6-AB16-862451A41708.jpeg

D7C59E2F-42E1-4A01-BB07-4332F0E60766.jpeg

B83188BE-5B92-4071-A431-DB7663E0DC0A.jpeg

Hi Legend, I can see what you're talking about in the middle picture, and you're doing the right thing now while it's not noticeable. I think I can speak for the rest of us, and hope you decide to keep us updated on your progress after the surgery.  Either way,  I have every confidence Dr. Diep will do a great job with you.

Edited by SWdan

7 hours ago, Legend007 said:

Lasercap and spaceman .. thanks for the advice and support .. y’all feel me man .. that frontal hairline is very important in shaping ones hair .. n even though my hairloss isn’t bad , fixing that area and reinforcing it with stronger donor hair will make a great cosmetic impact .. should keep me lookin youthful for a few more years to come .. 

You have hairloss or MPB or baldness...who told you that you're norwood 3? 

I've worked with a great number of surgeons these past 25 years.  Some are brilliant with absolutely no bedside manners.  Others would put grafts on a broomstick if they could with amazing bedside manners.  Check results, naturalness and the density they typically achieve with one procedure.  I noticed Dr. B Arocha is listed as one of the recommended doctors on the site.  Hundreds of photos.  If you go to the bottom of the page you will find interactive videos.  

I tend to think that most patients call the practice that is local to them.  Please do lots of research before moving forward.

• Like 1

if you think you’re a NW3... then I am a NW100.

i understand you want to rebuild the hairline but to what others have said.. you don’t look like you have receded/balded at all in your lifetime.

Perosnally I would wait on the procedure until you have more prominent hair loss 

Obvious NW2 with thinning in the NW3 area.  His temple peaks are very far foward and corners high, so especially with the long hair it doesn't appear as much of an issue, but its approaching a NW3 in shape without a doubt. Can see in one of the pics obvious diffusion in the area too.

The people saying he doesn't need surgery don't understand how long hair works. I guarantee if he cut it very short you'd have a different opinion.

I have similar type of hair to you, you can disguise the thinning with the right hair style, the point is - it is really still there, I get the desire to have the surgery, best of luck with it and I hope you get a great result.

It's the diffused hair that is at the greatest risk of shock loss.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks so much bill n Melvin .. I appreciate y’all .. 

n Gill n others that’s giving me advice . N for others that say I don’t need a transplant .. thanks . :) 

n thanks jean .. if y’all don’t know by now .. he might be a young buck .. but he knows about hair .. 

n yes I am a Norwood 2 heading to a Norwood 3 .. even doctor diep said so . What scares me is that my hair caliber is thinning in diameter all over , on top n sides .. I can’t deny it .. n I hate it .. n I’m scared .. yeah I’m grateful that I made it to almost 39 years old n just now experiencing hairloss .. but I’ve always been someone that had good hair all my life,  it’s one of the reasons I’ve been able to retain my youthful look all these years .. n to start losing volume in my hair .. n receding also .. it’s a reality check .. I’m getting older .. having great hair hasn’t been a priority in my life .. I hardly comb it .. or put any gel or hairspray .. but when u start losing it .; it makes a big difference on how u look .. this is me 1.5 years ago at 38.. n now , I can’t even comb it like that anymore .. hair follicles r losing color .. it’s not as dark or thick as it used to be .. finasteride seems to help the crown ,: the hair on the crown has a chance to grow longer .: but the hairline keeps receding ., n it’s going to a 3 by next year .. I can tell when I see gaps thru the light . I’m bound to lose it .. that’s enough for now .. I get back to y’all .. 

pic is from me 1.5 years ago . I can’t even comb it like that anymore n I don’t dare dye my hair anymore .. my current hair don’t have bald areas .. but hair is thin n weak .. I lost a lot of volume.. it doesn’t look bad for a balding man.. but it doesn’t look good either .. n I’m heka afraid , cuz I still have a hairline .. it’s just thin n not dense .. a failed hairtransplant can leave me with a harsh hairline n see thru.. that would sux so bad 

877BF499-BC5F-467B-89EB-FC613689D826.jpeg

I think you should consider not wearing your hair long. For a couple of reasons.

1. It looks much weaker when it's long. Keep your sides shaved/short and leave some bangs on the side to help your hairline. Like Miralem Pjanic:

Miralem-Pjanic.jpg

2. When you lose hairs, these long hairs keep laying around the house and in the shower. That is a psychological factor that can make you stressed. The short ones you won't see as often.

3. Also when you lose hairs that will grow back, they will blend in to a short haircut sooner, whereas it will take over 6 months for them to blend in to a long hairstyle.

4. If you keep it in a ponytail, it can cause traction damage.

To summarize. Long haircuts at age 40 is a luxury for people with zero risk or sign of losing hair. People that are losing and are desperately clanging on to a long hairstyle most of the time just need to be told by someone that it looks horrible. Not saying that you do, you still look fine. But I think you would look massively better with a short cut.

Edited by BjornBorg
  • Like 1

I usually keep my hair short .. but when u lose two inches in ur hairline .. it’s difficult. That’s why I’m trying to build a wall of hair in the front thru surgery .. then I can style it up on the front .. I know how to look attractive.. been doing it all my life ..  but when u losing ur frontal third of hair .. ur styling options are limited .. I have full confidence in doctor diep to restore my hairline .. n I have enough donor hair to do fue at least 3 times .. so I’m pretty comfortable with my decision .. it’s like buy a new car or get back my hair .. I already have a Lexus , it might not be new .. but it still looks good .. n I have money in the bank .. so I can spare money for this operation .. gonna build that wall of hair in the front .. if my top gets thinner or the crown gets weak.. I can toppik it .. but right now gotta build that wall (‘.^)