Another Colorado Hair Institute in Lone Tree, CO horror story.

Dzl210

Here's my actual "results" from the clinic. I had my initial transplant with little result and was talked in to a second transplant, same thing (duh). After the second transplant, I replied to a bad review of this clinic here, the clinic found it. They did offer a refund if I posted no more bad reviews. After months of no reply or money, I wrote them and they said they "didn't get my email". They said they'd repair the scar this time around, I argued for over a week that this wasn't a reasonable agreement. I'd have to take time from work, it would cost me more money being away from home even if they paid travel and lodging. I'd still have a head worse than before and still be out $5k.

They again agreed to refund me, but again, no response. I emailed a follow up, they basically told me to get bent and they'd sue me if I posted the emails between us.

I don't think I need to say much more, there's other posts here about them that I can verify are 100% true. They're deceitful hacks.

20150918_124910-1.thumb.jpg.ddfc606da753542c02fd1baded275cca.jpg

20150918_125915.thumb.jpg.dbee5dbbde802e245a281cf8a80e8242.jpg

20150918_124440-1.thumb.jpg.46349eb05c6b92fd64fd867f3abf080f.jpg

20160304_100245.thumb.jpg.d1052c38cf5847db5e951bb180fe53a3.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This clinic should be pinned to the top of every section of this forum with a huge warning in bold text in red letters.... and all other hair loss forums. It's a true disgrace what they are doing and getting away with. There are only so many grafts to be had in a head to donate and even forgetting the money they are stealing people's finite resources. On top of that their after the fact policy of "take down the bad review or else" crap is ridiculous.

I feel for you man. How the heck do people of this nature sleep at night knowing what they do to people.

At this point regular users of this site just need to keep bumping these stories to front page so new readers can hopefully avoid this place.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

I offered to post a follow up that I was refunded, but they chose to further ruin their reputation instead. I almost think they know they're in over their head and trying to get sued. I'm sure they've made enough ripping people off to hand the lawsuit to their insurance and close shop with a comfortable retirement.

Thanks for the support though guys. This clinic needs stopped. I know there's more people out there holding back coming out about them because they're playing in to the "we'll make it right, don't write anything bad about us or we won't".

Thanks for posting your honest experience and photos Dzl210, no doubt someone will see it and think again before proceeding with Colorado Hair Institute. This site works best when members have the courage to post final results, both good and bad. :)

Question for all, including mods: is there a petition process or something you can file with the BBB that will formally place this clinic under review? I feel like we all want to help shut this place down with all the horror stories but we're sitting idle hoping things will change.

I'd be happy to help. Sure others would as well. Maybe the mods can put together a petition for signatures to send to the state. Any lawyers on here?

Question for all, including mods: is there a petition process or something you can file with the BBB that will formally place this clinic under review? I feel like we all want to help shut this place down with all the horror stories but we're sitting idle hoping things will change.

I'd be happy to help. Sure others would as well. Maybe the mods can put together a petition for signatures to send to the state. Any lawyers on here?

The mods on this forum could care less. These websites exist, first and foremost, to make money. Secondly they serve a useful place to exchange results, post warnings, vet potential doctors, etc., etc., but the HT industry remains the Wild West, and you ride into town knowing there is no Sheriff there to help you. You are on your own, outside of whatever online support people will offer you.

You are lucky they didn't perform their "fue" plug procedure on you... Even with minimal/no growth on your transplanted area, at least the recipient area looks good and isn't scarred up... The good news is that a good Dr can fix that scar, and with SMP or FUE into the scar, it can be drastically improved.

I had a nerve hanging out my head after the second one and never regained feeling to the left side of my head. I've made mistakes in my life, but this is my biggest one so far.

What do you mean you had a nerve hanging out of your head?

Or just call a few local news outlets. They live for negative stories.

Would suck he would have to be plastered all over tv. And leaves a bad stain to HT clinics everywhere

At this point regular users of this site just need to keep bumping these stories to front page so new readers can hopefully avoid this place.

These butchers will be aware of these threads . Just need to keep it going .

What do you mean you had a nerve hanging out of your head?

I removed the sutures myself and there was a thin white thread that didn't make any sense, I never regained feeling above where it was. I could be wrong, I'm not a doctor, but I drew the conclusion that it was a nerve.

You are lucky they didn't perform their "fue" plug procedure on you... Even with minimal/no growth on your transplanted area, at least the recipient area looks good and isn't scarred up... The good news is that a good Dr can fix that scar, and with SMP or FUE into the scar, it can be drastically improved.

Look closer. It's pitted, raised, and scarred. It's not nearly as horrible as the donor area, but still bleeds from all the bumps when I shave it.

But yeah, I saw their "fue", holy hell.

Look closer. It's pitted, raised, and scarred. It's not nearly as horrible as the donor area, but still bleeds from all the bumps when I shave it.

But yeah, I saw their "fue", holy hell.

You are probably going to want to explore repair options. I can see they (probably deliberately) added far too few grafts in both the crown and frontal scalp, which they intentionally know needs more work, and they hope more visits from you.

You now have to come up with a plan for repair. The scarring in the back is going to need a combination of beard hair and SMP, in my opinion. I have numerous strip scars in back and this combination had proven success for me. There is no substitute for adding hair to the scarring, the SMP serves as a compliment to further hide the scar. Beard hair is king in scar repair.

The top of your scalp is another story, I would think that the addition of further hair is a not an option, you were never a candidate for a full restoration. I would think the reversal route is your best option. That could mean electrolysis or having them surgically removed, which means more scarring. Good luck on whatever route you choose.

I'm thinking just full laser removal, I was fine with being bald in the first place, just tired of shaving. I went the HT route because it was about the same cost, oops.

I'm thinking laser may be able to somewhat blend the scar.

I don't know what the hell they'd sue for.... It's an empty threat that they keep using, but they know that they would be destroyed by a countersuit. They would lose hands down. There is no argument that would convince a jury that they are meeting the bare minimum best practices for this kind of surgery.

Further, I suspect the person who is actually doing the surgery is not even a doctor, and from the sound it of, perhaps not even a nurse.

I agree, but I'm not going to risk it. From what I've found, they contract people from Craigslist to try their hand at it. The last time was a military surgeon who couldn't tell a transplant scar from a "sports injury" and said "I can't get you sewn up, I gotta call for help, hold on."

• Administrators

This place is truly the house of horrors, luckily for you they did not do FUE, otherwise you'd have pits in your head the size of pumpkin seeds. You have my vote for Mohebi's next free transplant.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

This place is truly the house of horrors, luckily for you they did not do FUE, otherwise you'd have pits in your head the size of pumpkin seeds. You have my vote for Mohebi's next free transplant.

The problem is that he does not have the donor to hide the grafts they sprinkled all across the top of his head. Another HT is not really an option at this point, a full removal and working on scar repair is really the only way forward.

Any surgeon with a clue knew the approach they took on him wouldn't work, and I don't think this was a mistake, I think it was a deliberate attempt to get more visits by this guy, and I'm guessing this is the clinic's M.O.

They are committing fraud and medical malpractice, and no one can do a damn thing about it. That's why this entire industry is so corrupt, they know they can get away with this.