Another Colorado Hair Institute in Lone Tree, CO horror story.

Dzl210

I haven't lost all hope for another transplant, a competent clinic should be able to get me decent coverage with high temples. The grafts that did grow grew in extremely thick, the hairs are more course than my actual hair, they grew in like beard hair.

If I feel like pissing away more money is doubtful though, probably just live with this.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't lost all hope for another transplant, a competent clinic should be able to get me decent coverage with high temples. The grafts that did grow grew in extremely thick, the hairs are more course than my actual hair, they grew in like beard hair.

If I feel like pissing away more money is doubtful though, probably just live with this.

I would at the very least consult with some of the top doctors and let them give you recommendations. Doctors that aren't very far from you that are honest and ethical are Konior in Chicago, Gabel in Oregon, Shapiro in Minnesota. I am also really impressed with Dr Cooley in North Carolina even though it is quite a far distance. Nothing on this website angers some of us more than the so called work done by that nightmare of a place you happened to find. They should be shut down or as Dutchie said blown up.

Gabel is really great you won't go wrong with him. His prices are a lot more reasonable than the other clinics I listed. Try and meet with him in person if you can and let him give you honest advice. He won't try to talk you into work if he doesn't think it will help you.

I removed the sutures myself and there was a thin white thread that didn't make any sense, I never regained feeling above where it was. I could be wrong, I'm not a doctor, but I drew the conclusion that it was a nerve.

Jesus Christ

Gabel is really great you won't go wrong with him. His prices are a lot more reasonable than the other clinics I listed. Try and meet with him in person if you can and let him give you honest advice. He won't try to talk you into work if he doesn't think it will help you.

What are Gabel's prices if you could share? I would be surprised that it is materially lower than peers considering he is one of the few doctors involved in the whole process.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my god. Seriously how does this happen? These posts make me sick to my stomach.

So sorry you're having to go through all this.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Oh my god. Seriously how does this happen? These posts make me sick to my stomach.

So sorry you're having to go through all this.

And the doctor you represent is stepping up to the plate and actually doing something about it. Much respect goes out to your clinic, you have earned it.

And the doctor you represent is stepping up to the plate and actually doing something about it. Much respect goes out to your clinic, you have earned it.

Thanks man. It's also forums like this one that do a fantastic job of educating the public about how to go about choosing a surgeon (and warning people of who to stay away from as well, as this post does). There are enough credible, reputable doctors out there that if people were educated and did solid research, these types of cases could practically cease to exist. That's my hope anyway - that one day we can stop hearing about these horror stories altogether as these guys go out of business. Hair loss is stressful enough on its own without having to deal with botched surgeries from unethical doctors in the process.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

They're now threatening to file a "Complaint and Summons" through their lawyer for this forum post and a Google and Yelp review for defamation. If anyone else has been butchered by these guys, please message me so I can begin rounding up contacts if these people are actually stupid enough to try to sue me.

I think you should also contact Dr. Umar to see what options he might give you about repairing your current situation. As others have stated, you probably arent a candidate for full restoration, but I think restoring your frontal zone and framing your face with a very conservative, naturally receding hairline, and possibly re-distribution of the grafts, along with some beard & body hair for density, you could definitely see an improvement over what that butcher clinic did to you. I hope you're pursuing them as well for compensation - what they did is certainly "medical malpractice" and no where near the standard of care in the industry today. In addition, I think you could successfully file get compensation for "disfigurement". See an attorney.

Definitely. I was going for an extremely receded hairline with these guys, I've always had extremely high temples and large forehead and wanted to keep an aged version of that.

I'm going to keep hushed about my plans for potentionally suing them, but I have informed their lawyer I have a very large folder of public records on "Chris" McTyre and his past doctors.

They're now threatening to file a "Complaint and Summons" through their lawyer for this forum post and a Google and Yelp review for defamation. If anyone else has been butchered by these guys, please message me so I can begin rounding up contacts if these people are actually stupid enough to try to sue me

This sounds like your typical con artist.

When confronted they get mad and start attacking the person who's in his right

Can someone check if they still have an active Facebook? I believe they may have blocked me before I could write them a review.

Can't attach a screenshot from my phone, but yes... It looks like they have a public page.

Which one? They had two and now all I can see is their older one. They had some negative reviews on their new one and I'm guessing they just deleted it, it didn't come up on my girl's Facebook either.