Jotronic Resigns from Hasson & Wong

Jotronic

Hi guys, it's Joe Tillman.

As of July 29th, 2014, and after a LOT of careful consideration and soul searching, I have chosen to leave Hasson & Wong and will no longer act as their representative. From now on I am only a Hasson & Wong patient.

I am now representing Rahal.

There's good news and bad news that comes with that.

The bad news is that, as of this post, the Jotronic name will be officially retired. I wish I didn't have to do that, since I was Jotronic even before I was a patient at H&W, but it is what it is. Unfortunately, I can't answer any questions as to why. The account will be locked with no option to reopen it. I'm honestly genuinely pleased that I can hang my reputation on my name now.

The good news is, I will always be Joe Tillman. A name can be retired, but that doesn't mean I'm ready to retire. I got into this industry to bring men (and women) like me the best information on hair loss solutions that I can. I've always been 100% about the patients, whatever you guys -- us guys -- need. That will never go away, no matter what name I write under.

I started off as just another patient looking to get follicular salvation, and I would like to especially thank my friend Mike Ferko for guiding me. The role that I ended up taking on is one that Mike brought me into. For many years Mike and I worked together to help educate others, and I'd like to think we did a pretty good job.

My friends in Vancouver have given me valuable fellowship over the years. Christina, Doug, and Daria, you're great people and I'll miss you dearly. The other professionals I worked with, the technicians whose names can't be mentioned, you guys are also outstanding and have been great friends over the years.

To Dr. Wong, you will always be the doctor that saved me. Mike might have put me on the road to salvation, but you were where that road lead, and nothing can take that away, no matter where I go. Dr. Hasson, thanks for your mentoring and support.

Finally, to all the patients I've met and helped over the past eleven years, I thank you all. To all the patients I've yet to meet, I hope I can learn as much about your concerns as you can learn about solutions from me.

I wish everyone the best, and I look forward to working with all of you under the "JoeTillman" username from this day forward.

All the best,

Joe Tillman (the poster formerly known as Jotronic)

• Like 1

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

This is shocking to say the least. I wish you all the best Joe. Will you be working for Rahal now or are you only going to serve as his online rep? Either way, Rahal is lucky to have you.

Good Luck

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

My friends in Vancouver have given me valuable fellowship over the years. Christina, Doug, and Daria, you're great people and I'll miss you dearly.

I can second that.

Christina, Daria, and Doug are a wonderful part of the Hasson/Wong team.

To Dr. Wong, you will always be the doctor that saved me.

I feel the same way about Dr. Wong.

Dr. Wong changed my life!

Finally, to all the patients I've met and helped over the past eleven years, I thank you all.

Joe best of luck in your new endeavor and thank you for your guidance with

my surgery at Hasson/Wong....and the dinner you treated me to the day after my surgery.

I'll miss seeing you when I head back to Hasson/Wong for my crown sometime in the next year.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

A username doesn't define all the great work done here on the forums and in the real world, the user does. And I know there are countless HT patients who appreciate all the work you've done. Welcome to the forums Joe Tillman, and congrats on the new job!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Joe Tillman/Jotronic,

On a personal and business level I will be very sorry to see you leave your results and personal journey were part of my decision to come to have surgery at Hasson & Wong. That decision changed my life for the better and for that I am very grateful. You were instrumental in bringing me on board to the H&W team nearly 5 years ago and have been a great mentor and friend ever since.

I wish you all the best in your new position at the Rahal clinic and I know that you will represent the clinic with the same passion and professional manner that you have done for the last 10 years.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Joe, when I first started this journey, you were the first person I received an email from H&W and you mentioned that my case reminded you of your own situation! Its been several years later, and I'm about 1 month out from my corrective surgery with Dr. Rahal in September. I thank you for all you have done in the past and will continue to do in the future. Maybe I'll get to meet you in Ottawa next month? My heartfelt best wishes on your next chapter.

We've had a few conversations over the years and I've always thought you were an honest and very knowledgeable guy. Glad to see you're staying in the industry and best of luck to you at Dr.Rahal's! It seems as if Dr. Rahal isn't represented as much as he used to be online, I'm sure you can help them out with that.

This is really an inspiration for me. You proved that if we want to do something, we can really do that.

I have a product named coco amo, it is especially made for hair growth. I was so much tensed before launching it. But now I will do its promotion with confidence that it will really work.

This is really an inspiration for me. You proved that if we want to do something, we can really do that.

I have a product named coco amo, it is especially made for hair growth. I was so much tensed before launching it. But now I will do its promotion with confidence that it will really work.

Seriously?

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Joe,

Definitely surprised by the news! Wish you the best of luck at Rahal. I know you'll do great things there.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Duplicate

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I am very surprised at this news as Jotronic seemed very adamant about strip a few months ago and I rarely saw his mentioning FUE as a good alternative. I for one find it hard to believe him hereon. From Jotronic's own website blog entry from November 2013 I quote:

"There was a mix of results being shown at the conference. Many FUE results were shown, some of which were ARTAS results. There were some eyebrow results shown as well and even a hairline lowering procedure which looked really good. In my opinion however the FUE results did not match the strip results and Dr. Jerry Cooley was the only other attendee that was showing a result that I felt was worth showing and it was, unsurprisingly, a strip result; about 3100 grafts to the crown. This is unfortunate regarding the FUE results because I recognize the procedure as being a permanent and growing fixture in the field. The showing of FUE results clarified one thing for me however and that is that a lot of doctors in this industry just don’t get it. They have no problem sacrificing quality in order to cater to the perceived public opinion. Keep in mind that this patient viewing session to share results is supposed to be an opportunity to show off in front of your peers. It is an opportunity to say, “look what I can do”. If the results shown are supposed to be “showcase” type of results then the overall quality of results in general is heading backward. The two areas where the majority of the doctors were swarming was around Dr. Cooley’s result and those of Dr. Wong. These two had the most impressive cosmetic results by far and more than one doctor that was viewing the results told me that Dr. Won’gs presentation was by far the best of the bunch."

Edited by Kilimanjaro

I am very surprised at this news as Jotronic seemed very adamant about strip a few months ago and I rarely saw his mentioning FUE as a good alternative. I for one find it hard to believe him hereon. From Jotronic's own website blog entry from November 2013 I quote:

"There was a mix of results being shown at the conference. Many FUE results were shown, some of which were ARTAS results. There were some eyebrow results shown as well and even a hairline lowering procedure which looked really good. In my opinion however the FUE results did not match the strip results and Dr. Jerry Cooley was the only other attendee that was showing a result that I felt was worth showing and it was, unsurprisingly, a strip result; about 3100 grafts to the crown. This is unfortunate regarding the FUE results because I recognize the procedure as being a permanent and growing fixture in the field. The showing of FUE results clarified one thing for me however and that is that a lot of doctors in this industry just don’t get it. They have no problem sacrificing quality in order to cater to the perceived public opinion. Keep in mind that this patient viewing session to share results is supposed to be an opportunity to show off in front of your peers. It is an opportunity to say, “look what I can do”. If the results shown are supposed to be “showcase” type of results then the overall quality of results in general is heading backward. The two areas where the majority of the doctors were swarming was around Dr. Cooley’s result and those of Dr. Wong. These two had the most impressive cosmetic results by far and more than one doctor that was viewing the results told me that Dr. Won’gs presentation was by far the best of the bunch."

killamanjaro, i see where you're coming from. Completely understand. You feel he would be utterly contradicting himself by stating the opposite opinion just a few short months later and conveniently at a state of a job shift. But at the same time, i don't believe joe has come out and stated that he feels fue is better than strip. so lets not knock his credibility. At the end of the day from what I've seen, he is more 'one of the guys' here than he is a 'corporate stooge' i think if anything, maybe he will try to cater to his new employer and be a little more optimistic about fue now that its available where he is at (which is what any employee would do).. but that doesn't neccesarily mean he feels fue is better overall.

Edited by MoMo542

I'm waiting for a response from the admins of this site regarding very real and current issues.

I know some of you may be wondering why I have an axe to grind with this individual.

There is a shady salesman harboring in this forum and he once went by the name of Jotronic.

I have had dealings with this snake oil salesman and it would seem the admins are either not taking my concerns seriously or ignoring what is painfully obvious.

A man doesn't try to eliminate every trace of his former self just because he likes to be tidy.

I am asking again that my emails to the admins of this site be taken seriously because not only has there been breaches of client confidentiality by 'Mr Tronic' but large sums of money and unconscionable sales tactics that will be subject to legal proceedings if the person responsible is not willing to resolve this.

I had hoped this to be done privately with all parties but it's becoming more clear that my concerns have been completely ignored.

I ask again, the admins have been informed of this serious matter and I'm still waiting for a response.

I will give it another 24 hours.

My apologies to all in this forum but if you have experienced what I have you would know how I'm feeling right now.

Edited by hairfarmer79

hairfarmer79,

I have had dealings with this snake oil salesman and it would seem the admins are either not taking my concerns seriously or ignoring what is painfully obvious.

I heard and understand your concerns and I'm more than willing to help you find a solution. However, I'm surprised to read this comment since I replied to your first message within 24 hours, notifying you that I had made your concerns known to our managing publisher Bill and offering to contact Dr. Wong on your behalf in order to help find a resolution. I had just replied to your second message (also within 24 hours) prior to reading this post.

This is a large community. We receive a large number of emails and messages daily, along with many other responsibilities that require our attention. If you don't receive an immediate response, that does not mean that we are not taking your concerns seriously.

Bear in mind that you are most welcome to share your experience. However, in accordance with our Terms of Service, you must remain civil in your posts and you must also allow Dr. Wong to comment publicly on your case and share his side of the story.

As I stated in my private message, no one is calling your integrity into question. There is simply nothing that can be done until all the facts are on the table and we hear from all parties involved. The last thing I need is your surgery date and then I will contact H&W regarding your case.

We want a happy outcome for you and we are here to help.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thank you for your response David, and your email to which I've also now responded.

I do not authorize Dr Wong or any member of staff current or present (Joe Tillman) of Hasson and Wong to publish my photo's without my consent.

But in saying that I will go on the record and also state that my issue is not with Dr Wong who was my surgeon. I consider Dr Wong and Dr Hasson quality FUT doctors. As I have stated previously their work speaks for its self.

My issue is with the advice, recommendations and specific statements made by their former staffer.

I will be hoping to have private conversations with parties involved to resolve this matter, I am a reasonable person.

I've made it very clear who I believe has a case to answer.

Hasson and Wong are not worse off as a result of this man's departure.

Ego's don't create masterful hair restorations, qualified doctors do.

Read into that what you will.

Thanks again David for your feedback, and most of all thanks to the community for your continued understanding in this matter.

Edited by hairfarmer79
More sensible and appropriate language was needed.

hairfarmer,

I do not authorize Dr Wong or any member of staff current or present (Joe Tillman) of Hasson and Wong to publish my photo's without my consent.

While all patients are welcome to share their genuine opinions and experiences on this forum, patients are required to allow their clinic to share their side of the story. This includes providing them with full consent to present information regarding your case including photos. It would be unfair for us to allow you to provide your side of the story without allowing them to do the same. Thus, I ask now that you provide your clinic with consent to provide your info and photos (minus your identity) or we cannot allow you to continue presenting your case. Please see "Maintaining a Fair and Safe Environment on our Forum for Patients and Physicians".

Furthermore, I ask that if you are going to present your hair transplant experience which includes your concerns that you create your own topic and not piggyback of Joe's topic, which is unrelated to your specific situation.

Thanks for understanding,

Bill