Spanker's 2,110 Graft FUT with Dr. Konior

Spanker

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hair is looking great and very natural.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Spanker,

I think this site should have a section of "killer results" and u would certainly get my vote of being voted in!!

They kinda do. Its call ht patient of the week. I haven't seen a Konior pt make it yet, so we will see. I think SamSpade had more of a transformation than me just based on the size of the procedure, so I would like to see him considered.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hi spanker, I would kill to have the hairline and density you had before your surgery. Maybe I'm not seeing something, but you he's embed to have a thick head of hair with a very nice hairline before your surgery. Either way, your hair looks great before and after. I am jealous.

It's a small photo but if you click on my website below you can see my hair line breaking apart. I am sitting in chair and looking up. My temples were diffused as you can see in 2 month pics. Now I don't look like I have ever lost a hair but have mature corners. I told him it was important to me to look normal at 50-60 based on future loss.

Tbh, with my age and loss level, I was in better shape then about 90 percent of the guys who come to the site. I am lucky in that aspect.

I remember asking Dr. K, "If I was your son and asking for surgery, what would you say to me?"

He said he would tell me I didn't need surgery but I was a good candidate, but he also knew that I was more educated on ht than 99 percent of the guys that came into his office and I believe he took that into account. He examined my hair and I was 33 at the time. He said that I would likely always have more donor than I would have a demand for hair and agreed to perform the work.

The fact that I don't look like I had surgery is a testament to his skill and my genetics. Hopefully my genetics hold out and I won't need a touch up for quite some time. I wasn't looking to change my look but to hold my look and keep up with Father Time. I think it was a success.

Thanks for the comment. Hope you get the procedure you are looking for.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I am jealous of those of you who can pull off an I-never-lost-hair looks.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

• 1 month later...

So here are my 12 month results (short by a couple days). I added a couple preops and a .gif that I made.

It has been a great experience to gain back what I had lost. I am really happy with the results. It is strange to look back and see my hair before the operation, as I never felt like I had lost as much as the photos show, so that makes me even more happy with the results.

A big thanks to the forum, as I almost went to a mini-graft factory in Alabama because I did not know the difference before I got to the forum and soaked in some HT education. Hair loss is a never ending battle so I will be around. Also, to Dr. Konior who is in the Chicago area, who gives world class results on a consistent basis. I am really glad I chose him after 2 years of research and I wouldn't change a thing.

I may not end up a NW 7, but I will end up at least an advanced NW3, maybe more. Life is long, and all of us getting work done have to accept that most people go bald or balding eventually. I am pretty lucky compared to many, but really, once you display signs of loss, you know you are in for a battle, if you chose to fight to the fight. Currently, finasteride and minoxidil are working well for me. I will continue this regime until I see further loss and then I will add low dose duasteride once a week. My goal is to not need another HT for 5 years, although that doesn't mean I won't do a tweek her or there before then. I estimate that I at least have 6,000 grafts left, but will be seeing Dr. Konior next moth for a follow-up and will get a more educated guess that that time.

2 pre-op- these are 2 of my least favorite photos.

z2mfg0T.jpg

AmERqlZ.jpg

Post-ops at one year:

32jNg4c.gif

image(13).jpeg.6425586d6a18f3e062a7c42a17a7925e.jpeg

image(14).jpeg.f768d05725ef4b12fa44cb7c0cae3ea6.jpeg

image.gif.b9306e820bd91224e86b58636d67816d.gif

View Spanker's Website

You have a mullet to kill for Spanker. You're the guy that guys like me look at and think, man I wish I was born with hair like that. :eek: That and 2000 grafts from the incredibly talented Dr K to refine and that's a smokin head of hair. Congrats mate :)

Has it really been a year already?? Wow, Congrats Spanker!!! You deserve it my friend! Your hair truly looks phenomenal, and I would give a pinky toe to have a head of hair like yours. Let us know what Dr. Konior says about your future donor bank next month!!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

A big thanks to the forum, as I almost went to a mini-graft factory in Alabama because I did not know the difference before I got to the forum and soaked in some HT education.

Ha!

..and thank you Spanker for being here. Your posts and comments are always interesting and intelligent.

Your hair is looking great. Dr. K is the man.

Looks terrible:D!

I don't think you will be needing further work for at least 25 years.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Looking great, Spanker! Once you've gone grey you'll resemble your avatar guy. At least from the forehead up!

I hope it lasts that long! I am getting quite a lot of grey lately though!:D

View Spanker's Website

Looks like a top drawer outcome Spanker!

Looks terrible:D!

I don't think you will be needing further work for at least 25 years.

Not long until the two of us are in the chair Matt! Excited? Have you done much else in the way of prep or have you just been counting the days? I've actually found that the last 2-3 months have flown by!

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3