Spanker's 2,110 Graft FUT with Dr. Konior

Spanker

Spanker. Damn you.... just when I thought I'd decided on Rahal because of the number of patient results he has, you remind me of why I was leaning towards Konior in the first place. :eek:

Looks great, and so early. Really pleased for you.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm a week short of five months and thought I would post. I just got a short cut so I am doing it now. It's looking really good. Great in fact. The fifth pic is preop so you see the difference.

When hair is cut a short cut, with strong lighting angled just right can make you hair look thin. I have average caliber and density hair with a pretty high contrast of skin to hair. Bottom line, Brad Pitt could cut his hair with the right lighting and he would look thin. I have some pics to prove this. I actually took a pic of myself and my wife swore it was not my head because the lighting make it look thin. I will make a thread that shows this later.

Anyway, I probably have a little more growth and maturity left, but it looks so good I don't expect much of a cosmetic change.

7Q2me.jpg

h4l2N.jpg

zGXjm.jpg

LishD.jpg

z1KJV.jpg

3Ee3s.jpg

Edit: I actually don't think that last pic was an accurate representation of my hair (a part which was not transplanted) so I think I will start a new thread to make that point. It may be Monday before I do that.

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

My goodness that is looking saaawwwweeeet!! You're not even at month 5 yet??? And what's up with the pink heart? Valentines Day is still two months away - but I get it, you're a lover. ;)

P.S. getting my hair professionally colored as I type this. 8P

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

My goodness that is looking saaawwwweeeet!! You're not even at month 5 yet??? And what's up with the pink heart? Valentines Day is still two months away - but I get it, you're a lover. ;)

P.S. getting my hair professionally colored as I type this. 8P

Nice! Shoot me a pic.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker

You and Dr Konior both make me sick!!! You with your great hair and Dr Konior with his great skill and artistic touch!!!

Your hair looks great man....NICE job Dr Konior!!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Woah!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Spanker

You and Dr Konior both make me sick!!! You with your great hair and Dr Konior with his great skill and artistic touch!!!

Your hair looks great man....NICE job Dr Konior!!!

Thanks man. Yours is looking pretty slick as well!

View Spanker's Website

Awesome hair man! I'm very impressed. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy as well. Congratulations! Oh, and there is still more to come I'm sure!!!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I don't know what's more awesome - your forum name or your result.

I thought I was doing well for 5 months, you blow me out of the water!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

• 1 month later...

WOW. Six months! It only feels like 8 years! :). I can't imagine being one if the people that don't get a lot of growth til 7 months or so. I have to say that a hair transplant is a crazy emotional journey. Very difficult.

This will be my last regular entry for progress. I may post to this blog again when something changes but I feel that I have reached peak yield already and am not expecting it to get better. This is as good as my hair will ever look and natural MPB will dictate what happens from here.

I am very happy with my progress. Dr. Konior is a class act and extremely skilled. He falls into a very small category of doctors that stand out far beyond even the good surgeons. For those that are old enough to remember the early 90's, were he a basketball player, he would be on the Dream Team. Enough said there.

Besides that I will let the pics speak for themselves. This obviously was not a drastic change because I was not an advance Norwood, but I was no longer able to wear my hair like you see it on these pics. It has really opened up my styling options and hopefully given me several years of mostly worry free life as far as hair goes. Depending on how I progress i may chose to do some excision of my CVG, the scalp condition I have, but for now i just plan on enjoying what I have. I show some signs of future loss but it could be a long time before I have to deal with it. I know that someday I may need another surgery and will not hesitate to return to Dr. Konior if he is still practicing. I will definitely stay on fin and have expanded the area I am applying minox as a preventive measure.

Thanks to the site, my forum friends, and my real life friends who I met in here, and Dr. Konior and his team. I will still be around as hair has become a hobby.

avJuZ4F.jpg

Z55zfUc.jpg

njwERwI.jpg

lasVCOz.jpg

View Spanker's Website

you have superhero hair, just amazing, happy for you, great job by doc and staff,

Hahaha, now that is a compliment. Unless you are talking about Professor X, but he has a really nice head.

I have some miniaturization behind the hairline that is starting to rear its ugly head, but I will address that when it becomes a problem. By a close study, I can see it, but unless closely inspected you would never see it. I can really see why you can lose so much hair (some say up to 50 percent) before it is noticeable.

I will take what I have now, finish paying off this surgery and be ready for a cure or a touch up down the road. :)

View Spanker's Website

****! That looks bloody beautiful.

When I make it up to Chicago again we can both stroll through the city with our lion-like manes. :)

Or drive through with our windows rolled up and our doors locked. Either one. :D

View Spanker's Website

When I make it up to Chicago again we can both stroll through the city with our lion-like manes. :)

Or drive through with our windows rolled up and our doors locked. Either one. :D

You guys would be alright, even the gang-bangers respect a good head of hair (just don't flash any peace signs :eek:)

Wow, that is a great result. I'm really happy for you. Hopefully you are able to enjoy it for a long time yet. I'm hoping that my result will be as noticeable as we had a similar number of grafts. All the best :)

Well done Spanker.

Your hair looks awesome. I would be doing somersaults if I have hair like you do when I get to your age.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.