Spanker's 2,110 Graft FUT with Dr. Konior

Spanker

Spanker, you will have a very good end result no doubt about it.

You are through the most difficult stage, and I wouldn't expect anything at 3 months ( you are ready for launch :) )

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Spanker - getting back to the before surgery stage is a big relief - i am several weeks behind you and had a haircut last week the old style and feel totally normal right now - can't wait for the same corners growth here - my front also looks denser already than before surgery so that is already a plus!!!

Good luck!!

Spanker, you are already a follicular superhero! This is amazing at 3 months!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I agree. Your hair looks amazing as it is. Not sure how I missed it, but have not seen your photos before. Dr Koniors work looks outrageously clean again! With further improvement, you are in for one incredible result! Real happy for you! Best of luck!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

yeah, you can't tell the native from the transplant but like you said the transplant was within the native

so you did not have shock loss which puts you ahead of the game

the initial transplant even though within native hair looked extremely clean as well

i think your transplant has a bright future

doesn't look like anything was even done and that is saying a lot at 3 months

congrats

at month 5 you'll be stoked. Right on track!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 4 weeks later...

wRyhv.jpg

XqkDL.jpg

nFDOG.jpg

hR5HA.jpg

dZik1.jpg

AHjeF.jpg

cmIvj.jpg

bkMOq.jpg

Phe06.jpg

So here is my 4 months (2 days shy, but I had time to do pics).

It was a great month. I would say my front and right side are 90 percent grow in and they are looking AWESOME. My left side is running a little behind but it still looks a lot better. I think I do/will have a showcase result. I can see a little growth trying to come in on the left so I am gonna give it another few months before I worry too much.

I have a scalp condition called CVG, basically a wrinkled scalp which prevents me from wearing it any shorter because you can see the wrinkles. I think it may cause a hair to fall out sooner so I hope my hair holds out. If my hair loss progresses I MAY consider excision and further ht treatment (I put that in there for people that search cvg).

I haven't had follicular confidence like this since I was about 20. It feels great. I keep my hair short and professional and I think it will help me in my career. I know that sounds odd but it is true. I kept it shaggy before and don't think I would have been considered for a professional position. Now I keep it like the guys in the "head shed" and I feel like I fit in better. I get comments all the time like "Have you lost weight" and "Check out Mr. G.Q." It's almost embarrassing.

Dr. K has checked on me and I appreciate his patience in the last month. I have sent him several emails and he eased my mind and supported me. I would not go as far as saying he is the only Dr. you should consider because there are some great docs out there, but he deserves to be on everyone's short list. I can't imagine having went with anyone else.

Also, I should note that there is ZERO CHANCE that anyone could detect I've had a transplant in the recipient zone. I don't care if you have an electron microscope, it's 100 percent natural. It really shows the attention to detail I received on the operating table from Dr. Konior. My scar looks great and I will have my wife take a pic and post it within the week.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker,

I'm so glad that your diligence and research paid off in spades. Your hair is looking great! I also agree with everything you've said about Dr. Konior. Each time I have the pleasure of communicating with him via email, he is always pleasant, considerate and thoughtful in his responses. He has invited me to tour his clinic if I'm ever in Chicago and I hope to take him up on it one day.

Keep us posted!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Spanker-

Your hair looks terrific!! You definitely got a fantastic result, and it is great to see your experience with Dr. Konior was so great! When the rest of that hair comes in/matures....it's going to be unbelievable! :cool:

I look forward to continuing to see your progress along the way......gives us "newbies" who just had our first procedure something to look forward to seeing on ourselves in 4 months down the road!

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Looks great!

I'm 2 weeks ahead of you, but I'd say you're ahead of me with your progress. I'm really happy with mine so far, but yours - WOW. If I hadn't done so much research then I'd probably be disheartened at how brilliant yours is looking at this early stage.

:)

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Kick ass! WAAAAYYY ahead of the game. I can't believe it's already four months for you.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Dr. K is the man. Did you end up keeping most of your transplanted hair from Day One? From looking at your pics it appears that they were planted and just kept growing. Did you wear a cervical collar at all during your recovery time?

Congrats, I know you waited a while to pull the trigger.

Dr. K is the man. Did you end up keeping most of your transplanted hair from Day One? From looking at your pics it appears that they were planted and just kept growing. Did you wear a cervical collar at all during your recovery time?

Congrats, I know you waited a while to pull the trigger.

I had existing hair preop. I think a lot if it fell out. You can kind of see it in my one and two month picks.

No collar. I winged it. Didn't have any problems.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Wowsa Spankster! That is excellent early growth you've got going on.

You mentioned in another thread that you're considering minoxidil for your crown. Have you been using it on your transplanted grafts?

Yes. I have used minox on the front once to twice a day. not sure how much it has helped. I will prolly not use it in the crown until I see more thinning, but I will keep posting to that thread yearly to keep comparison pics.

View Spanker's Website