Spanker's 2,110 Graft FUT with Dr. Konior

Spanker

Healing wicked fast. Should have no problem getting back to work. Hope you are sleeping well with the sutures - no fun I know.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know if he has experience with female patients? For some reason, my emails have gone unanswered by Dr Rahal and Dr Feller which surprised me. I am looking for a third opinion before I make my decision of who to go with.

All the best - it seems like you'll have a great result

Thanks Aaron, been sleeping with a towel under my neck to relieve pressure on the sutures.

Cimbom, send the doctor detailed pictures and he or Tom will get back with you shortly, I feel very confident. I have seen him work on females. The ones I have seen are high hairlines (as posted in his gallery on this site), but I did not notice any diffuse pattern female patients. Best to shoot him an email on his website and I feel someone will reply, but that does not mean that his office will find you a good candidate. That is only for the Dr. to decide. Good luck.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks Spanker. I have sent him an email. I understand that doctors have differing opinions on who is a suitable candidate and I have no problem with that. It would be nice to receive an email reply stating that though rather than nothing at all. Makes me think that I did something wrong lol

Dr Wong thinks I would be suitable and I have spoken with a female patient of his who had similar hair loss to me which was very helpful. I would just like to get a second/third opinion if I can.

Must be such a relief for you to finally have the HT out of the way

Do you know if he has experience with female patients? For some reason, my emails have gone unanswered by Dr Rahal and Dr Feller which surprised me. I am looking for a third opinion before I make my decision of who to go with.

All the best - it seems like you'll have a great result

Chad and Spex always seem to reply. Maybe their response emails were tagged as spam mail and were sent to a different folder?

82Wqh.jpg

4 days post op. Looking clean.

Wow, other then the shaving of the area to be worked on, there is like no hint you had surgery. Seriously, it's as if you just started growing right away. Very refined.

Sean,

By today, I would say you are right (in the recipient zone). My hair is thick enough you can't tell in the back either. I do have some swelling in the eyes now, where if you know me, you could tell something is off.

The sad thing is that this is the best it will look for a while, and I know that I will be saying goodbye to my precious grafts before too long.

I have some grafts behind the shaved hair too and I am wondering if I will see some native shock there.

Edited by Spanker
apparently I have no idea how to type

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hey Spanker, good job....things look very nice!!! I can tell a lot at this point and your result will look very refined and natural. I am happy for you, you have been quite concerned and apprehensive in making the right decision. I believe your thorough research and patience paid off. Dr Konior, possess all the necessary ingredients to create the highest quality results. You have also been a great source to many others on HTN, of sound insight, with your many posts. Regards, Matt

Patient Educator, Shapiro Medical. Going on 20years with Dr Ron Shapiro......not a regular poster, I leave that to Janna

Great Post Op photos Spanker. You spanked hard this time. Day by day Im getting impressed with Dr. Konior. His work sometimes better than the top known doctors in the network. He is now among my top 3 FUT choices after Rahal and Hasson based on posted results. Hats Off to Dr. Konior.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hey Spanker, good job....things look very nice!!! I can tell a lot at this point and your result will look very refined and natural. I am happy for you, you have been quite concerned and apprehensive in making the right decision. I believe your thorough research and patience paid off. Dr Konior, possess all the necessary ingredients to create the highest quality results. You have also been a great source to many others on HTN, of sound insight, with your many posts. Regards, Matt

Thanks Matt. It has been a long road. Saving money and doing the research I needed to. I too believe it will pay off in the end.

Spanker

That swelling sucks!! Only last till about day 7 at worst. It literally drops down your face. I swelled really bad but by day 7 I looked almost normal. Hang in there.

Today the swelling has gone down and I look pretty normal and I can just pull off a forward comb that I can go out without a had, so I would say that 5 days post op to basically normal is pretty dang good. I have no scabbing yet, but it may come. The incisions D.r K used were so small, that could be why the healing is going so well, Ready for another week from now to get rid of these stitches. Dreading loosing these babies that are in my head right now.

Great Post Op photos Spanker. Day after day Im getting impressed with Dr. Konior. His work sometimes but than the top known doctors in the network. Hats Off Konior.

While there is no top doc, because everyone has different needs(size of procedure, fue v fut, etc), Dr. K. is with zero doubt a top tier doctor, and in my opinion, that is a very small club to be in. I am sure he appreciates the kudos.

View Spanker's Website

Spanker, I got 3 questions:-

1) How many grafts you had and what is the target density after this session?

2) How much did the whole procedure cost you?

3) What is the standard rate per graft?

Thanks...

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hariri,

I ended up going with 2110 grafts. I actually have no idea what the target density was because I had native hair with it, I just know that it is densely packed. I just asked the doctor to plant so that I did not look "surgical" should I thin more, which eventually I am sure I will someday. Luckily I have had a very slow loss so it may be a while.

After all the research I did, I developed a complete trust for Dr. K's work and really did not concern myself with numbers like density, I just showed him my areas of concern and asked him to work his magic.

As for the price, I think that the best way to get that is get in touch with his office, Tom Ruiz is his office manager and deals with the pricing. Plus my wife may read this and then I'll have to buy here something really nice if I put a price tag on the work I have had done. Hope you understand :)

View Spanker's Website

Haha, Just like my wife. They get really mad if they know that we spent more than $4000 on hair. I spent $9000 and my wife thinks that I spent only $4000. They do think hair transplantation is easy as Botox lol.

Well 2110 for this small area, you are going to have a super dense hairline for real and a density above 60 fu/cm2. Good luck buddy.

My Hair Treatments:

no scabbing!

wow!

any pics of pre surgery hairline?

i have to get the same area (front and temples but not sure how low to go)

it looks like you went lower by 1cm+

but it looks like you have perfect temple points (side of face by the eyebrows) to begin with

Haha, Just like my wife. They get really mad if they know that we spent more than $4000 on hair. I spent $9000 and my wife thinks that I spent only $4000. They do think hair transplantation is easy as Botox lol.

Well 2110 for this small area, you are going to have a super dense hairline for real and a density above 60 fu/cm2. Good luck buddy.

I should mention that I had some grafts put in behind the uncut hair as well but I do not know how many. I will add a few side shots so you can see the rest, I sure it is that dense with my native hair but I don't think it is actually grafted that dense, but I would be wrong. Like I said, I didn't get too tied up in numbers. Good luck to you, but you seem pretty set.

I will be adding a website to my signature shortly to see pre-op photos.

View Spanker's Website

no scabbing!

wow!

any pics of pre surgery hairline?

i have to get the same area (front and temples but not sure how low to go)

it looks like you went lower by 1cm+

but it looks like you have perfect temple points (side of face by the eyebrows) to begin with

I lowered the corners a tiny bit but did not lower the front at all. There is actually about .5cm in some areas in front of the grafts that are native.

I have added my website, so you will be able to see pre-ops. The link is in my signature.

View Spanker's Website

ohhh you got fut into your native hair in the front part

looks like you have great density behind the shaved (recipient) area !

i remember seeing the pic which shows the miniaturization in the past but for some reason connected that with someone who wanted to go to rahal

i wonder if konior does consults in NYC?

in any case, this looks like a home run

congrats

Ok, so here is my one week, and monthly updates will follow. To be honest, I can't believe I haven't had any scabs. I have a lot of flakes and that is it. I attribute it to Dr.K's tiny incisions and maybe just a bit to how I heal.

The doc is a class act and has followed up to check my healing.

So here are some pics. Comments are welcome. I did the pics and identity editing with limited and free iPhone software so it is just down and dirty, then uploaded to imgur from my iPhone, so it is what it is.

Here is me 1 week out. Blue is where I was very thin and red is where I may have a tiny bit of shock. It was a little pink for like a day there but back to normal. My skin and grafts are looking great.

tgAbi.jpg

I advise growing your hair long it you are a low nw level. This is what I looked like today on my first day back to work with not comments.

BvBfr.jpg

ZSMki.jpg

0xevn.jpg

Here is a head on eye level view. Thoughts on placement are welcome. It may look a tiny uneven because I wanted my transplant to begin above my natural line in a few places because I did not want to go too aggressive. This is under heavy incandescent light. Looking directly in the light makes the center look thinner because the of the shadowing of the to the left and right of the center.

For over 2100 grafts, I think that looks killer for one week post op. It just does not get must cleaner then that.

Dread those babies dropping back out.

This weekend I will post the donor when stitches are removed and then to monthly updates, unless there is a remarkable event.

gboSI.jpg

Edited by Spanker

View Spanker's Website

No, I am not. I think it is about on its way out (the dry skin)

Another couple washes and I should be good.

View Spanker's Website

That is some clean work. I am seeing this more and more where scabbing is not apparent post op.

There was a case posted a day or 2 from the Texas clinic whos name escapes me exactly the same next to no scabbing post op.? Their female rep commented saying this was a hallmark of the Doctor.

Is this due to more refined tools being used?

That is a solid head of hair to begin with. The fact you can conceal the work so well with you existing hair must have taken a lot of nervousness away.

You should be in for an optimal result. Look forward to seeing the end result,

Spanker,

That's what my hair looked like. I didn't really have scabs, I just looked like I had terrible dandruff!!! Man with your head of hair you are gonna have an Unbeliveable result!!! I remember when I had my consult with Dr Konior, he told me " if you hadnt had any previous work, I could make you look like a kid again". That's what you are gonna look like, a freakin teenager again!!! Your hair is gonna be great!!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website