Spanker's 2,110 Graft FUT with Dr. Konior

Spanker

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spanker,

That's what my hair looked like. I didn't really have scabs, I just looked like I had terrible dandruff!!! Man with your head of hair you are gonna have an Unbeliveable result!!! I remember when I had my consult with Dr Konior, he told me " if you hadnt had any previous work, I could make you look like a kid again". That's what you are gonna look like, a freakin teenager again!!! Your hair is gonna be great!!!

Thanks Newhair,

I am looking foreard to it all coming together! I will keep you updated. I am look looking for anything too juvenile but just solid hair, which I am pretty sure I will get (fingers crossed). I wanted some recession in the temples and am hope to age like my avatar, The Most Interesting Man in the World.

Congrats on getting it done spanker and I hope you get the best results you can buddy.

Thanks again. Stay tuned man. The ride has just begun.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker Thanks for sharing it is fun following your progress I am having somewhat similar amount of work done with Dr. K in 4 weeks. I am growing out existing hair for camouflage as well. Glad to see that plan is working for you looks well disguised I am not sure how everyone else feels, but i am really fascinated by your frequency of updates it provides a lot of relief of anxiety of the stories of people writing about problems. KEEP ON POSTING !!

Thanks - Looking forward to getting mine down as well

Hi Spanker,

Dr. K's work seems truly impeccable. My situation is similar to yours and that's one of the reasons I'm interested in your case (and Dr. K). I was hoping you could answer a couple of questions perhaps other people on this forum might be interested in as well.

- With the number of grafts you got you probably would have been a good FUE candidate. What are the reasons you chose to go down the FUT route? If it's somehow money related, would you still have chosen Dr. K and the FUT route if you were a millionaire?

- Are you on Finasteride and if so, what dosage and how is that going? Did Dr. K recommend it?

Again, I think you're in for a truly fantastic result. Thank's a lot for sharing. I hope one day I'll grow a pair and take the plunge as well, given that I find the right doc and route (FUE/FUT).

M.

Spanker Thanks for sharing it is fun following your progress I am having somewhat similar amount of work done with Dr. K in 4 weeks. I am growing out existing hair for camouflage as well. Glad to see that plan is working for you looks well disguised I am not sure how everyone else feels, but i am really fascinated by your frequency of updates it provides a lot of relief of anxiety of the stories of people writing about problems. KEEP ON POSTING !!

Thanks - Looking forward to getting mine down as well

The surgery is the easiest part. The hardest is waiting and getting to know every hair that is or is not there. It is a difficult process emotionally, but you are picking one of the best in the business that runs a top operation and really does it for the love what he does. You are in good hands.

Hi Spanker,

Dr. K's work seems truly impeccable. My situation is similar to yours and that's one of the reasons I'm interested in your case (and Dr. K). I was hoping you could answer a couple of questions perhaps other people on this forum might be interested in as well.

- With the number of grafts you got you probably would have been a good FUE candidate. What are the reasons you chose to go down the FUT route? If it's somehow money related, would you still have chosen Dr. K and the FUT route if you were a millionaire?

- Are you on Finasteride and if so, what dosage and how is that going? Did Dr. K recommend it?

Again, I think you're in for a truly fantastic result. Thank's a lot for sharing. I hope one day I'll grow a pair and take the plunge as well, given that I find the right doc and route (FUE/FUT).

M.

1. I may have been a good fue candidate, but I think you really don't know until you are in the chair. Some people have the physiology for it and some don't. I felt you get the best grafts (thick, healthy, undamaged) and very little transaction with fut,so I thought it was best for me. I decided to use all my strip and the go fue if it need it. Hope I never do. There are several high profile cases right now from top docs where the fue just didn't work out. I tink a failed fut today for an elite doctor is very unlikely. My front was more important than the donor and was not willing to risk the grafts or the emotional toll of a less that really good result. The price factor was icing on the cake. It made me feel more comfortable that hopefully years down the road, if and when I need a touch up,I will be able to keep up financially going fut.

Also, my head is so jacked up, I never planned on wearing it shaved anyway. You may have read that I have a condition called cvg. I have shaved pics on my "spanked sets a date" thread.

FUE has its place definitely, I was just focused on the result and not wasting any grafts and I feel comfortable with that decision.

2. I am on 1.25 mg of fin a day. I cut proscar because it only runs about 2.5 bucks a month that way. Dr K. did not specifically recommend it and I can speak for him, but if you are thinking of getting an ht, I recommend it. He knew I was on it from the consult, which is probably why I don't remember him specifically recommending it. It I were to guess he would have advised it.

It took me 2 years of research to take the plunge. It is worth the wait to find what is best for you. my choosing Dr.K was not by chance. Once you chose your doc and procedure it will be a load off, then having the procedure is piece of cake, then the stage has come to where I am now, the waiting phase. Getting an ht is emotionally exhausting for almost everyone. Good luck to you and be picky about your doc. There are only a small handful that I considered after extensive research. All docs, their ethics, and their protocol are not created equal. Hope this helps.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thank you for your detailed response. I think I know the recent FUE cases you you are referring to. It seems like the outcome just wasn't quite as good as it perhaps should have been. It really seems like strip transplants come with a better survival as opposed to FUEs (generally speaking), even for smaller cases. I guess the hardest part, including for me, would be to have to deal with the scar across the back of your head.

I read about CVG in some threads. However, this does not apply to me. I merely think our cases are similar in terms of number of grafts and placement.

Finasteride scares me big time and I'm really reluctant about it. However, it seems like the general consensus is that docs recommend taking it when getting a HT. I'm a bit lost on that subject to be honest.

After some extensive research, I have a number of docs in mind so far and it's very interesting and helpful to hear about stories like yours on this forum.

Thanks again and all the best with your recovery! M.

Thank you for your detailed response. I think I know the recent FUE cases you you are referring to. It seems like the outcome just wasn't quite as good as it perhaps should have been. It really seems like strip transplants come with a better survival as opposed to FUEs (generally speaking), even for smaller cases. I guess the hardest part, including for me, would be to have to deal with the scar across the back of your head.

I read about CVG in some threads. However, this does not apply to me. I merely think our cases are similar in terms of number of grafts and placement.

Finasteride scares me big time and I'm really reluctant about it. However, it seems like the general consensus is that docs recommend taking it when getting a HT. I'm a bit lost on that subject to be honest.

After some extensive research, I have a number of docs in mind so far and it's very interesting and helpful to hear about stories like yours on this forum.

Thanks again and all the best with your recovery! M.

Well good luck in whatever you decide. I can see someone wanting to go FUE in my position, and it may be a good choice for you. Like I said, there is give and take in both procedures. If there no give and take, only one of them would still be around.

I suggest giving finasteride a try. I think a lot of sides are psychological and especially the permanent ones.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

View Spanker's Website

Looks like everything is going well. I hope it continues that way for you.

I have been corresponding with Dr Konior via email and he seems very knowledgeable and professional. I can see why you decided to go with him.

Once I have the money saved, I will need to choose between him and Dr Wong I think. Very difficult decision.

Well, I am at day 16,

I have started really shedding today, but I have dropped some hair here and there for the past week.

I have had itching in the donor and recipient.

My donor is still a little tender.My stitches are out, and as of now the scar looks very good. My wife has taken pics, but I can't really see anything from them because it is so thin (hope it stays that way but I know that there is still a potential for stretch). She is a nurse and said it looks really good.

I guess the doldrums are starting, but I have enough hair to help a lot with that. Unless I shock out much existing, I don't think they will be that bad.

Can't wait to see how it all turns out.

View Spanker's Website

Nope. I am white, but dark skinned white.

No redness and no signs of insertion at all. I think it depends on skim type as far as redness.

View Spanker's Website

So if you didn't wear hair long could anyone tell in the recipient area you had a procedure at this point?

I have grown my hair out in preparation but curious how long I need to wait before I can cut it and it will look at least like it did when I was cutting short before

Thanks for feedback!

Well, I am at day 16,

I have started really shedding today, but I have dropped some hair here and there for the past week.

I have had itching in the donor and recipient.

My donor is still a little tender.My stitches are out, and as of now the scar looks very good. My wife has taken pics, but I can't really see anything from them because it is so thin (hope it stays that way but I know that there is still a potential for stretch). She is a nurse and said it looks really good.

I guess the doldrums are starting, but I have enough hair to help a lot with that. Unless I shock out much existing, I don't think they will be that bad.

Can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Glad to hear the scar looks really good right now. :)

Hang in there man, the doldrums will pass. I hope you don't have any significant shockloss.

Look forward to your updates. Happy growin pal. :)

It is hard to tell really, as enough time has not went by. . I am waiting 1 to 2 months before I cut it shorter to make sure I don't have any shock around the donor.

View Spanker's Website

Congrats Spanker, you chose well indeed! I found Dr. Konior's work incredibly clean and meticulous. After both my HTs, I went back to work very early and no one ever noticed a thing. It was pretty incredible. I've been thrilled with my HT's from him and I know you will be too. Looking forward to following your results.

Tao any chance we could see some final result pics? I noticed in your blog you have only updated to 7 months post HT #2 and the pics are pretty blurry. Thanks mate!

Spanker,

I just heard what I presume is the latest DOS EQUIS BEER radio spot about the Most Interesting Man in the World, and one of the lines is:

"His hair gets thicker with age."

I thought of you and lol'd! So true, so true...

z

Spanker,

I just heard what I presume is the latest DOS EQUIS BEER radio spot about the Most Interesting Man in the World, and one of the lines is:

"His hair gets thicker with age."

I thought of you and lol'd! So true, so true...

z

That is classic!!! Thanks for letting me know that! What a big smile I have right now. :D

View Spanker's Website

Haha, no problem. I couldn't find the audio, but here's the transcript:

MUSIC

VO: His left side is his good side. And so is his right.

He once shook his own hand, just to see what all the fuss was about.

When he dances with wolves, it’s usually the tango.

His hair gets thicker with age.

There are people still laughing at a joke he told in 1997.

His anecdotes have subplots.

He has never stepped in gum.

SFX: MUSIC REACHES CRESCENDO

VO:He is the most interesting man in the world.

SFX: THE MIM’S MUSIC BEGINS TO PLAY

MIM: I don’t always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

VO: Enjoy Dos Equis Responsibly.

Imported by Cervezas Mexicanas. White Plains, New York.

MIM: Stay thirsty my friends

Hey Zenmunk and England , I am getting thirsty for hair not beer !! My surgery is coming up on Sept 19th !!! It's great reading your posts !!

Thanks. Good luck! I will have a one month update at the end of the week.

Is your age on your profile correct? You did not notice you had begun to bald until your were 45?

That is pretty good if so.

View Spanker's Website