Dr. Felipe Pittella FUE Transplant 10.5k grafts

Here are pics of the beard without shaving for the last 4 days. There is still some beard neck hair I suppose if needed in the future. When I do grow a beard, I always trim/shave my neck anyway so I was very comfortable with him taking from the neck.

IMG_8183.jpeg

IMG_8189.jpeg

Took some photos for a friend and figured I would post them. This is my hair without anything in it (ie, no hairspray, gel, pomade, fibers, etc). I am about 6.5 months post op with Dr. Pittella. I am so happy with the results.

IMG_8231.jpeg

IMG_8233.jpeg

IMG_8230.jpeg

IMG_8232.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Well Done 4

• Administrators

You don’t look like you have a balding issue at all!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

22 hours ago, Digs49 said:

Took some photos for a friend and figured I would post them. This is my hair without anything in it (ie, no hairspray, gel, pomade, fibers, etc). I am about 6.5 months post op with Dr. Pittella. I am so happy with the results.

IMG_8231.jpeg

IMG_8233.jpeg

IMG_8230.jpeg

IMG_8232.jpeg

Amazing!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh, yes I did pause it. It was recommended that I stop taking meds prior to the surgery and for about a week post op. I’m sure fin is totally fine but I guess I played it extra cautious in my mind. I don’t know if there’s an actually medical reason but I also knew that pausing fin for a week or two wasn’t going to totally hurt me either. Hope this answers your question.

• Like 1

**7-month update 

Hey, here are my 7-month post-op photos. This is my hair after a haircut and combed after a shower. No fibers, still on fin & oral minox, and take biotin but not as frequent. Use a normal shampoo/conditioner. Send any questions! 

IMG_8377.jpeg

IMG_8378.jpeg

IMG_8379.jpeg

IMG_8380.jpeg

IMG_8381.jpeg

IMG_8382.jpeg

IMG_8383.jpeg

IMG_8384.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Well Done 1

• Administrators

7 months my god what a transformation. What have people told you? You look like a completely different person.

B40F2FE3-C66D-463C-9C49-D5C9EE5D369E.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Digs49 said:

@Melvin- Admin Haha, yeah - it’s my blessing but also weird at times for sure. People mostly compliment rather than ask what I did but I just say “I started taking care of me…lol.” Confidence is way up. 

Yea I remember the look people who hadn’t seen me in a while would give me, it’s like 😳😉

• Haha 1

View my thread

@baddecisions thanks! I’m no expert but my simple response is yes, they are fundamentally different hairs but not “very” different (at least for me). All that said, I believe that if you have a surgeon that knows how to strategically implant, he/she can place the beard grafts in areas that provide the appearance of density. I know that @Dr. Felipe Pittella  only places beard grafts to ‘support’ or ‘augment’ the typical donor hairs to provide a denser appearance. Hope this helps.

Edited by Digs49
  • Like 1

Digs49.  Outstanding summary and updates of your procedure!!

I'm waiting for a video consultation with Dr. Pittella.  Some questions for you;

1)  How did you decide to go with the Premium Option vs the Less Expensive Option.  As you know it's a significant difference at 10,000 grafts.  I have no way of telling what level of procedure they used by looking at all the videos/pictures of his patients.  

2)  How did you actually pay the amount as the my 2 credit card limits won't come close to the amount.

3)  How long did it take to get your video consultation date after returning your pics/photos.  I have had positive communications in the last month with his staff but have yet to get a firm first video consultation date with Dr. Pittella ... just trying to figure out the norm.  FYI, his staff did say once consultation complete, scheduling the 2 day procedure is 7-10 months out.

4)  After the two day procedure what, if anything, did you use to keep your scalp from drying out

5)  When were you able to do full activity (weight training, running, swimming, handstands:>, etc.)

Two each his own but agree 100% on using any beard hair below the jawline!  Heck, take it all!:> 
Cheers

• Like 1

Another fantastic result!

3 hours ago, FSLONAL said:

Digs49.  Outstanding summary and updates of your procedure!!

I'm waiting for a video consultation with Dr. Pittella.  Some questions for you;

1)  How did you decide to go with the Premium Option vs the Less Expensive Option.  As you know it's a significant difference at 10,000 grafts.  I have no way of telling what level of procedure they used by looking at all the videos/pictures of his patients.  

2)  How did you actually pay the amount as the my 2 credit card limits won't come close to the amount.

3)  How long did it take to get your video consultation date after returning your pics/photos.  I have had positive communications in the last month with his staff but have yet to get a firm first video consultation date with Dr. Pittella ... just trying to figure out the norm.  FYI, his staff did say once consultation complete, scheduling the 2 day procedure is 7-10 months out.

Thanks for sharing this info, as I also happen to be waiting for a video consultation from Pittella. It's been almost 3 weeks now since the initial written consultation and they told me I'm on priority list for video, but I still sense it will be a bit. And then the 7-10 month schedule timeline is a bit more than I was hoping for, but totally understandable.

• Like 2