Dr. Felipe Pittella FUE Transplant 10.5k grafts

@FSLONAL thanks for the message, here are my responses:

1. I am fairly certain that Dr. Pittella only has one package (Premium) now. So, there’s only one price per graft. 

2. I’ll answer this one on DM; bottom line though, this needs to be worked out with your bank(s) and the clinic. Again, this is very much a personal finances-related matter.

3. I don’t remember this exactly, maybe 3-4 months? Dr. Pittellas work gained significant attention over the last year or so my timeline wouldn’t matter much anyway. If you have life events in the way of surgery (ie, needing to get a sooner date), just tell the clinic and they should work with you.

4. I used thermal water until the scabs fell out then stopped. My scabs fell off around Day 12 post op.

5. Full, normal activity began for me around Day 30. You can probably do most things sooner but since you said swimming, I avoided that because I wasn’t sure what effects chlorine would have on the healing process. 

Thanks again for the message and totally love when I grow my beard out and don’t have to trim my neck anymore!

Edited by Digs49
  • Like 1

Digs49 Really appreciate your response!  I understand all you've said.  I've never heard of thermal water and just ordered some for XMAS gifts.  Makes sense to use that as you don't want to irritate your scalp but need moisture.

I'll just patiently wait and do occasional "I'm still here" comms with the Dr's staff. 

My wife will definitely come with me and we'll for sure go to Rio before the procedure.  I've been there two other times solo with the military and know she'll love the views, food, beach, etc.

In closing, what a great thing for you to wake up every morning and see the return of your younger self!  All of us that are on deck for this procedure can't wait to get to the plate and see the transformation.

• Like 1

Awesome result. I think dr pittella has solved the problem with the big extractions in one hair transplant.
Other clinics still struggle and only do smaller extractions in one session and they can only give good coverage to a high norwood with 2 procedures minimum, while dr pittella can do it in just one session, which is impressive...

• Like 1

@FSLONAL I edited my previous response above reference the packages. Pretty certain Dr. Pittella only has one package now (Premium). I know finances weigh heavily into this decision but keep in mind that this is a lifetime of changes. To @wembley’s point, Pittella has mastered large procedures and I’m hoping I won’t need another one in the future.

I received some good advice from another HRN member who encouraged me to keep in mind that this is an investment & with Pittella, it’s a wise one. You’ll save time, stress, and even a bit of money in the long run with all the products and such you might use.

• Like 1

Digs49.  FYI, the Pre-Surgical Planning paperwork I received 8 Nov 23 has two options;

VIP Package.  Dr. Pittella does Crucial Extractions, Hair Line Design, Pre-Incisions, and of course orchestrates. Junior Doctor does most of extraction and implantation).

Prime Package.  Dr. Pittella does everything except some implantation.

I just haven't been notified of any changes.  If only one package remains, it would not change my decision to proceed.  

Still patiently waiting on a firm video consultation date.  

Appreciate your comments!

Thanks Much!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

**8-month update

Hey HRN Community! First of all, thanks for everyone who supported the competition @Melvin- Admin put on last month. That was fun and no surprise with @Gatsby’s big win (I’m coming for that title next year though!).

Here are my 8-month photos. Still on oral fin & minox. Use regular shampoo & conditioner. These are pics with relatively messy hair after a long day…as always, feel free to send questions or comments.

IMG_8641.jpeg

IMG_8642.jpeg

IMG_8643.jpeg

IMG_8644.jpeg

IMG_8645.jpeg

IMG_8647.jpeg

IMG_8648.jpeg

IMG_8635.jpeg

IMG_8636.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

• Administrators

Absolutely insane wow 😮 6504661B-0E27-4A56-ABF5-50737DF148AA.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Digs49following with great interest as I'm considering my first HT.

Just a pricing question from a complete newbie, to make sure I go into this with eyes wide open. When we're talkng 10.5k grafts @4USD per graft, we're talking about this procedure costing over $40,000 correct?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NewDirection said:

Just a pricing question from a complete newbie, to make sure I go into this with eyes wide open. When we're talkng 10.5k grafts @4USD per graft, we're talking about this procedure costing over $40,000 correct?

Yes that would be right. Btw it seems that Dr Pittella has put his prices up to 5 USD/graft now if you go for the VIP package where he does mostly everything.

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, NewDirection said:

Correct!

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2024 at 11:54 PM, Digs49 said:

**8-month update

Hey HRN Community! First of all, thanks for everyone who supported the competition @Melvin- Admin put on last month. That was fun and no surprise with @Gatsby’s big win (I’m coming for that title next year though!).

Here are my 8-month photos. Still on oral fin & minox. Use regular shampoo & conditioner. These are pics with relatively messy hair after a long day…as always, feel free to send questions or comments.

IMG_8641.jpeg

IMG_8642.jpeg

IMG_8643.jpeg

IMG_8644.jpeg

IMG_8645.jpeg

IMG_8647.jpeg

IMG_8648.jpeg

IMG_8635.jpeg

IMG_8636.jpeg

It’s not just the results on the scalp, your donor seems untouched, Pitalla is something else for a Norwood 6-7.

• Thanks 1

On 5/17/2023 at 5:59 PM, Digs49 said:

On days 11 and 12 post-op, the scabs started to fall off,

I wonder what causes Pittella's scabs to stay on 11+ days (he predicts about 14 days), while Eugenix scabs seem to fall of on day 7 or 8. 🤔 Not that it matters. I'm just curious about what is different.

At what point could you safely wear a hat? 

@Odysseus Reference the scabs & different clinics, I’m not entirely sure why but my guess would be that it comes down to the level of comfort each clinic/surgeon has regarding post-op care. That said, there are plenty of posts on here that discuss scabs & when/how they fall off or are safely removed. Dr Pittella does not want anyone doing really anything to their head within the first 14 days, including wearing a hat. Each clinic will have different post-op guidelines and how the patient manages his/her discipline in following those guidelines plays a role too. Some clinics advise safe scab removal after newly implanted grafts are secured while others suggest letting them fall off relatively naturally. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

In Brazil right now is high 80’s super hot. How can one not wear a hat post surgery and risk the sun damage on top of head 

I will need to fly back day 2 post op.. any worry about facial or head swelling and also flying 10+ hours to the states (air pressure effecting swelling etc)

Edited by bigtyivier2k2