Dr. Felipe Pittella FUE Transplant 10.5k grafts

Thank you for sharing @Digs49, incredible results. Which doctors did you narrow your search to and what tipped you in favor of Pittella? Did you wear a hat or another covering when flying home after the procedure? 

Looking great!! I will soon be having a consultation call with Dr Pittella. In the meantime, will be seeing dermatologist next week and hopefully start on fin/min. I am going to need the surgery of the similar magnitude i think. 

• Thanks 1

12.5k grafts with Dr. Felipe Pitella in Jan 2024.

Link to my journey:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/71724-12501-grafts-dr-felipe-pittella-jan-2024/

@gingerhair I think it was about 6-7 months from my consultation (where I scheduled short after) to when I had surgery. That said, they gave me a later window for surgery but I was restricted to an earlier timeframe due to my job. The clinic worked with me and was able to get me in earlier.

• 4 weeks later...

63 days post-op. I shed most of the hair but some hairs haven’t. Redness is still there. Beard/neck heeled well and only get red after I shave. Overall, my head feels good and hoping for a solid result after this ugly duckling phase. 

IMG_7370.jpeg

IMG_7369.jpeg

IMG_7374.jpeg

IMG_7375.jpeg

IMG_7376.jpeg

IMG_7377.jpeg

IMG_7378.jpeg

IMG_7380.jpeg

IMG_7379.jpeg

• Administrators

Everything is looking good. Your beard has healed incredibly. You have a lot of hair left in that area. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Digs49 said:

Thanks @BaldingEye. I’m hoping for the best and that the red area will be hair one day…ha.

These pictures are the most important. It’s gonna help so many out there when they start to doubt their progress. They will look to these months the most. If you get a second HT, you’ll look back at this time and remember it was all part of the process.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Thanks @Melvin- Moderator. Appreciate the words. Particularly during the “waiting” or shedding months, talking with people on this forum has been key. Also, @Dr. Felipe Pittella has always been available for any questions or concerns i have and even checks in on me every so often. Couldn’t ask for anything more from a surgeon at this point. 

• 4 weeks later...

3-month update. Definitely still in the ugly duckling phase but I think I’m starting to see some growth. It might not be visible in the photos but I have a lot of vellus hair (peach fuzz) in the recipient area. No pain, no itching, but still have redness. Nothing too major to report but overall feeling good. As always, feel free to question or comment. 

IMG_7547.jpeg

IMG_7548.jpeg

IMG_7551.jpeg

IMG_7556.jpeg

IMG_7558.jpeg

IMG_7559.jpeg

• Like 2

• Administrators

You can definitely see the outline. Oh man this is gonna be epic. I’m a huge fan of the widows peak.

D4D880B5-5E7E-4293-AEA7-AC4CB492F1FA.jpeg

• Like 1

View my thread

Hi @Digs49 , i tried to send a private message to you but for some reason couldn’t do it. I am also planning to get hold of dr felie and have surgery with him and would like to chat more about it with you. My email is praveengowtham458@gmail

@OliverAtom Hey, thanks for the message and I hope you’re right! Ref the beard hair, it was mainly mixed throughout. I believe the reason for that was to lessen the chance of those hairs sticking out in bulk, in a specific region versus having a more uniform or homogeneous look. 

• 5 weeks later...

4-month update

Things are slowly progressing out of the ugly duckling phase. There are still some areas where hair hasn’t grown yet and others where it has. I’m hoping that the next few months bring a thicker look. All in all, I am pleased so far. No pain, still taking biotin, oral minox, and fin. Beard feels great, still have a lot of hairs there. 

Even at this rate, I’ve had many people compliment on my hair so far. It feels great and would feel even better if I’m able to get more thickness. 

IMG_7777.jpeg

IMG_7780.jpeg

IMG_7779.jpeg

IMG_7778.jpeg

IMG_7782.jpeg

IMG_7785.jpeg

IMG_7784.jpeg

IMG_7783.jpeg

• Like 2

• Administrators

Massive difference, your hair actually looks good short after only 4 months. Wow, these next few months are gonna be epic.

35A6F267-DE54-4FAA-A008-140A96FB708D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

View my thread

This is already great, gonna be a knockout result man. 

Mind if I ask a few questions @Digs49?

1. Given you had beard hair transplanted, why are you also on fin? Seen differing opinions on using 5AR's with beard hair, interested in your take

2. Would you say your hair is fine, thick, or medium? Any idea how many grafts are left?

3. Did Pittella take any grafts from your facial beard (i.e. not under your neck)? 

Excited to see the final results over the next few months!

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 1