Dr. Felipe Pittella FUE Transplant 10.5k grafts

Hey Grouse, thanks for the comment.

1. Beard hair only accounted for less than a third of the total hair, fyi. I was on fin before the surgery so I just maintained. I also believe it’s wise for me to help stabilize as I age. I haven’t had any side effects so it seems like a low risk, safety net. 

2. Hmm, I would say on the finer side. No clue how much I have left but Dr Pittella said that if any touch ups were needed in the future, I have a good amount leftover. 

3. Nope. I asked him not to and I didn’t even need to ask…he will try his best to ensure you can still grow a beard if desired in the future, which I’ve done and it looks solid (I would shave/trim the neck when I grew a beard previously). 

• Like 1

@Melvin- Moderator @Gatsby  

Thanks to both of you for the responses and for being available pre & post surgery. I actually got my first normal haircut before posting those 4-month photos. It was the first time in well over a decade that I didn’t have to tell the barber to not cut my combover while being nervous in the chair…

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Would love an update as well. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

**5 month update 

Hey everyone! Things are going well, definitely thickening up. I’m starting to need to use hair products to tamp it down at work! It’s still a little thin overall and in the crown but I am very pleased with the result so far. Also, feeling great (including neck). Still on biotin, oral minox, and finasteride. Feel free to reach out or send questions. 

IMG_7941.jpeg

IMG_7942.jpeg

IMG_7943.jpeg

IMG_7944.jpeg

IMG_7945.jpeg

IMG_7946.jpeg

IMG_7947.jpeg

IMG_7948.jpeg

IMG_7949.jpeg

• Administrators

This is nuts, almost looks like you have fibers here.

75BD2933-AFBF-4ADE-8668-055C36CCC595.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, Digs49 said:

Haha, no fibers. Also, using a normal shampoo & conditioner, nothing special.

Looks good, can’t wait for the next few months.

• Like 1

View my thread

• 4 weeks later...

This is looking like a very good case. Impressed with the early thickness and growth. A little mixed feelings about how Pittella is willing to use that many beard grafts right from the get go. Kind of a very different strategy from Zarev who says he hardly ever uses beard and will completely exhaust scalp donor first before even considering it. 

• Like 1

**6-month update

I’m a little shy of 6-months post op but had a good opportunity to post and wanted to get it out. It seems to be getting thicker as I’ve let it grow since last month. Still very happy with the result and getting lots of compliments. As always don’t hesitate to reach out!

IMG_8118.jpeg

IMG_8119.jpeg

IMG_8120.jpeg

IMG_8121.jpeg

IMG_8122.jpeg

IMG_8123.jpeg

IMG_8124.jpeg

IMG_8125.jpeg

Edited by Digs49
  • Like 2
  • Well Done 2

• Administrators

Wow this is looking amazing 🤩 really impressive growth for 6 months, especially the crown.

1746EAD3-A04F-4D90-83CC-6E1DE62D95FD.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

View my thread

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Digs49 said:

@Slickster76 I had minimal redness on the neck that went away soon after surgery and have no scarring. The neck was by far the quickest to heal and now looks like it did before surgery. 

That was my experience as well, the face heals a lot better than the scalp.

• Like 1

View my thread

On 11/1/2023 at 11:45 PM, general-etwan said:

This is looking like a very good case. Impressed with the early thickness and growth. A little mixed feelings about how Pittella is willing to use that many beard grafts right from the get go. Kind of a very different strategy from Zarev who says he hardly ever uses beard and will completely exhaust scalp donor first before even considering it. 

@general-etwan may I ask why you have mixed feelings?  I’m booked with Dr. Pittella in spring 2024 and would be curious to hear why this is a concern. Thank you! 

15 hours ago, Memo said:

@general-etwan may I ask why you have mixed feelings?  I’m booked with Dr. Pittella in spring 2024 and would be curious to hear why this is a concern. Thank you! 

Not necessarily any concern at all, I was just curious about the difference in strategies from surgeon to surgeon. Pittella has a lot of great results so I wouldn’t worry off that. Just interesting how he uses a lot of beard right away which is common. I’d say Zarev is more of an outlier in that he doesn’t use any beard until scalp is completely exhausted first. 

Edited by general-etwan

On 10/7/2023 at 2:37 AM, Digs49 said:

**5 month update 

Hey everyone! Things are going well, definitely thickening up. I’m starting to need to use hair products to tamp it down at work! It’s still a little thin overall and in the crown but I am very pleased with the result so far. Also, feeling great (including neck). Still on biotin, oral minox, and finasteride. Feel free to reach out or send questions. 

IMG_7941.jpeg

IMG_7942.jpeg

IMG_7943.jpeg

IMG_7944.jpeg

IMG_7945.jpeg

IMG_7946.jpeg

IMG_7947.jpeg

IMG_7948.jpeg

IMG_7949.jpeg

@Digs49 at five month looking great. Do you have any pictures of your beard when you’re not trimming it ?