𝟑𝟔𝟏𝟏 𝐅𝐔𝐄 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐬 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐃𝐫. 𝐊𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐤𝐢𝐚𝐭 𝐋𝐚𝐨𝐫𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐠 | 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑 | 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝟓

• Valued Contributor
9 minutes ago, noobineub said:

Very nice and clean HT I must say. Am curious about Dr Laorwong as well. He seems to be doing great work from what I can see from his gallery. May I ask how he charges for his grafts?

Thanks ..yeah his work is always clean and have seen many good results by him...his charge is around 70baht per graft

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Valued Contributor
13 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Doesn't seem too bad though. Seems like you still got lots of hairs in there still there.

Actually most of them are my native hairs 

--> My Thread

1 minute ago, A_4_Archan said:

Actually most of them are my native hairs 

Seems like you still managed to hold a couple of transplanted ones as well based off pics. Nevermind, this is Saddly part of the process. 

I hope in a few months time you get them all growing well. 

23 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

@AlexMeister21

Here is the pic of day 40 with shedding at its peak...shedding lot of grafts everyday and i probably loose every graft after i complete my 2nd monthIMG-20230609-WA0003__01.jpg.c3c776e53fb9c33f212fc6e2c14892e7.jpg

Still looking good. I have a feeling you're going to get good growth pretty quickly, so looking forward to see your progress in 2-3 months. 

• Valued Contributor
On 6/11/2023 at 5:11 AM, TheGreatPretender said:

Seems like you still managed to hold a couple of transplanted ones as well based off pics. Nevermind, this is Saddly part of the process. 

Yeh there are few but loosing them day by day due to heavy shedding 

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor
On 6/11/2023 at 2:43 PM, AlexMeister21 said:

Still looking good. I have a feeling you're going to get good growth pretty quickly, so looking forward to see your progress in 2-3 months. 

I wish your feelings come true my friend 😊

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor
On 6/12/2023 at 9:15 PM, TheGreatPretender said:

Stay strong brother and keep the faith. Hopefully it will all settle in a few months. 

Yeh this is a long waiting game....😊

• Like 1

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor

@AlexMeister21 @TheGreatPretender @duckling @shiba1985 @Gatsby@Melvin- Moderator

Some of the hairs which are shedding are tiny straight hairs but some are like hooks ...

IMG_20230609_121531.jpg

--> My Thread

2 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

@AlexMeister21 @TheGreatPretender @duckling @shiba1985 @Gatsby@Melvin- Moderator

Some of the hairs which are shedding are tiny straight hairs but some are like hooks ...

IMG_20230609_121531.jpg

Curious... Most curious. 

Of course by now the folicles should be more then secure but it's interesting the "Z" like curve it does in the end. 

I actually have a theory. 

Your upper part of the hair was implanted in a certain direction. However the bottom part which grew over 1mm (post transplant) is how much the hair grew shortly before being pushed out by the folicle, hense why you see the hook like shape. 

@A_4_Archan sorry it took time. i got curious so read more than intended. below is link of article on implanter pens and trimmed data of whole article. 

article link: https://www.ishrs-htforum.org/content/27/3/96

Placing issues: growth failures caused by planting grafts with the device due to, for example, implanters causing grafts to hook or break on a regular basis.

Hooking occurs when one of the bulbs protrudes from the needle’s groove. As the loaded needle enters the skin, the bulb remains stuck on the surface. Eventually, the follicle folds into what is best described as a “distal hook” as it affects the upper portion of the follicle. (image B)

FIGURE 2.

While splayed and large follicles are at risk for proximal hooking, the video revealed another culprit: trimmed hair growing around the recipient sites. Like little spears, the hairs enter the groove of the approaching implanter needle, lift a bulb, and cause a hook 

FIGURE 3.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, duckling said:

@A_4_Archan sorry it took time. i got curious so read more than intended. below is link of article on implanter pens and trimmed data of whole article. 

article link: https://www.ishrs-htforum.org/content/27/3/96

Placing issues: growth failures caused by planting grafts with the device due to, for example, implanters causing grafts to hook or break on a regular basis.

Hooking occurs when one of the bulbs protrudes from the needle’s groove. As the loaded needle enters the skin, the bulb remains stuck on the surface. Eventually, the follicle folds into what is best described as a “distal hook” as it affects the upper portion of the follicle. (image B)

FIGURE 2.

While splayed and large follicles are at risk for proximal hooking, the video revealed another culprit: trimmed hair growing around the recipient sites. Like little spears, the hairs enter the groove of the approaching implanter needle, lift a bulb, and cause a hook 

FIGURE 3.

What is the implication here - that there will be a failure to grow? @Melvin- Moderatordo you have any thoughts on this?

Edited by RTC

20 minutes ago, RTC said:

What is the implication here - that there will be a failure to grow?

that part i am also not sure that what happens to them once those hooked grafts shed. follicle is surely safe, that is 100 percent. but only assumption can be made that if their angle is good enough then hair strand come out of scalp in decent angle but definitely they are not coming out in intended angle at which the slit was made and implantation was done. 

one other thing is that in case this happened to someone else (unlike archan who did one area completely), who wanted to add density with another HT in same area due to covering whole scalp partially in first HT, then it is very easily going to be transected when making new slits as no way the surgeon can know that hooked grafts are there. the one bent in 2nd image may get transected.

FIGURE 2.

Edited by duckling

• Valued Contributor

I am looking into that article in sometime ...thanks @duckling for sharing it...even will talk to dr laorwong about this...some other senior members and doctor's advice would be appreciated

@gillenator

@Melvin- Moderator

@Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by A_4_Archan
  • Like 2

--> My Thread

58 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

I am looking into that article in sometime ...thanks @duckling for sharing it...even will talk to dr laorwong about this...some other senior members and doctor's advice would be appreciated

@gillenator

@Melvin- Moderator

@Rahal Hair Transplant

Please can you share dr Laorwong reply bro 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
On 6/16/2023 at 2:18 PM, RTC said:

Please can you share dr Laorwong reply bro 

He said that the "distal hook" issue is different and this is not that and its fine if i notice hook shaped grafts ...so i should right now trust him..

• Like 1

--> My Thread

On 6/10/2023 at 7:41 PM, TheGreatPretender said:

I agree that this is part of the process and they will rest and then enter a new growth phase.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

1 hour ago, A_4_Archan said:

He said that the "distal hook" issue is different and this is not that and its fine if i notice hook shaped grafts ...so i should right now trust him..

I agree and as long as the follicles are intact, you’ll be fine…😉

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Valued Contributor
21 hours ago, gillenator said:

I agree and as long as the follicles are intact, you’ll be fine…😉

Thanks for your response gill...dr laorwong said the same thing 

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor

Hello everyone ..i have decided not to look at my head and avoid it as much as i can though sometimes its irresistible and i take a sneak peak and today i did that and it looks like some hairs trying to get out as i can see the transplanted area darker than before. Its been 50 days..and my donor is now almost as it was before my surgery IMG-20230622-WA0008__01.jpg.9b1b5182b9bdf7006dbf52a9a463765d.jpg

--> My Thread

• Moderators

Do you plan on going back to fill in the crown? Sorry if that was answered already. I didn't read everything.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.