𝟑𝟔𝟏𝟏 𝐅𝐔𝐄 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐬 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐃𝐫. 𝐊𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐤𝐢𝐚𝐭 𝐋𝐚𝐨𝐫𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐠 | 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑 | 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝟓

Looking great, and not even halfway there! Your results are so fast partly due to oral minoxidil I think. I bet the crown will get better too with time. 

Edited by Scree

On 9/5/2023 at 8:31 PM, A_4_Archan said:

Hola fellas ...

Here is a 4 month update,4 months and 3 days to be precise..its getting better and better day by day..actually i am a pro responder to medication and prp and due to that my native hairs are getting better and better and i really lost track of my transplanted hairs and its getting difficult to keep an eye on them but i can feel them as i run my hands through my hairs,anyways those improved native hairs plus transplanted hairs together making the area super dense..i never had such a density even during my college days so its like am back to the school days minus those grey hairs..Touch Wood 

First 3 Pics in black sando are right after shower with damp hair and 4th and 5th one in the room with all the led lights turned on and last one in pink t-shirt is on terrace so its in day light condition 

IMG_20230905_175114.thumb.jpg.d02d41ca0a94d2f49f281c4a983ac2e2.jpgIMG_20230905_174238.thumb.jpg.c2c47ea55f429de2c9d64437c71c2417.jpgIMG_20230905_113406.thumb.jpg.b2cde79ed869113069072be01f18acdf.jpgIMG_20230905_175304.jpg.ce4954db3001673e68a8a4895cadc2d8.jpgPicsart_23-09-05_15-22-11-148.jpg.275fc1e285d5a8df984381ec64e238c3.jpgIMG_20230905_173336.jpg.e6a4f412aa475da8a7d8c14d6fbb6fca.jpg

OMFG - what a result…congratulations.

An absolutely ridiculous 4 month progression, you must be absolutely thrilled.

Enjoy the new found freedom and confidence.

Shout out to @Kongkiat for another life changing result 🙏

I wonder how much of a factor that oral minoxidil had in the results so far.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

That’s nice to hear…I wish there were more feedback from guys using oral minoxidil.

• Like 1

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Amazing results! Happy for you @A_4_Archan! Plenty more growth still to come and your crown is filling in very well, you probably will only need minimum grafts for your 2nd HT session to add density to the crown.

I had a question, I saw that you changed your minoxidil usage to 5mg oral minoxidil.

Do you take 5mg in one go, or do you split it throughout the day? Also what time do you take minoxidil?

I read somewhere that minoxidil stays in your blood for 12 hours so it is better to have it twice rather than in one go.

I am on 2.5mg minoxidil atm which I take in the morning. I want to bump up my dosage to 5mg and my local hair transplant doctor advised to continue taking 2.5mg in the morning and add 1.25mg at night.

On 5/9/2023 at 5:25 PM, A_4_Archan said:

Will go with the same one...he is doing beard cases...someone on this forum recently had grafts taken from beard by him..and he even shown me few more cases at clinic 

This might be a dumb question, but regarding the beard grafts, can you choose to have your lower beard (neck) hair extracted? What I mean is that I shave my beard to go with my jawline, can you have those lower grafts used? That would be a perfect 2 in 1 for never having to shape my beard again 😄.

Great results by the way!

Edited by Kdegen

Yes, IMHO that’s viable donor that will grow, but the real issue is, “will it be visually compatible?”

Gillenator

On 6/2/2023 at 6:20 AM, A_4_Archan said:

Hello everyone ...i am exactly 1 month post op so i thought i should share my progress with you all...here they are...evrythn is going good...no issues with donor or recipient area ...just a bit of numbness still persists on recipient area...IMG-20230529-WA0007.jpg.9ccddd16568d40a370771ed17d57ac33.jpgIMG-20230529-WA0011.jpg.fcb2abe8f7d3751eb20669571ecdfb2e.jpgIMG-20230529-WA0010__01.jpg.b1ba78c016080209dbf7dcc6f073b888.jpgIMG-20230529-WA0008.jpg.a16f1979a1cf6bf09381a6767eee7d58.jpg

That looks really good congratulations.

On 9/9/2023 at 7:12 AM, Ramons said:

You have to be ecstatic with this result. I am praying for something good!

• Valued Contributor
On 9/13/2023 at 9:37 AM, Kdegen said:

This might be a dumb question, but regarding the beard grafts, can you choose to have your lower beard (neck) hair extracted? What I mean is that I shave my beard to go with my jawline, can you have those lower grafts used? That would be a perfect 2 in 1 for never having to shape my beard again 😄.

Great results by the way!

Yeh actually they take out most of the grafts from the lower part which is below jawline ...and practically you can take out all of them but they have to be mixed with scalp grafts in proper proportion to make it look visually good as the beard grafts will have different texture and if they are used alone than visually it won't look that good.

Plus you also need to take into account the scaring issue..generally beard heals better than scalp and there is visually no scarring when performed by an expert hand and even beard contains mostly of single or double hair grafts so smaller size punch is used hence scarring issue is rare but still if all of the grafts has to be taken out than it has to be looked upon because scarring also depends on individual's physiology,so there are lots of things you need to take into account before doing that..

I hope this helps you.

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Valued Contributor
On 9/10/2023 at 2:01 AM, gillenator said:

I wonder how much of a factor that oral minoxidil had in the results so far.

On 9/10/2023 at 2:47 AM, TheGreatPretender said:

I'd say alot, his crown "dipped" alot forward, very likely that Minoxidil brought lot of those hairs back as he already had a lot of grafts covering his front. 

TheGreatPretender is correct ,oral minoxidil made a huge difference ,atleast that's what seems to be the likely scenario from my understanding 

• Like 2

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

TheGreatPretender is correct ,oral minoxidil made a huge difference ,atleast that's what seems to be the likely scenario from my understanding 

I’d have to agree with my own experience from oral minoxidil. If Pfizer end up dropping the very affordable Loniten I will just have to pony up and pay for the compounded version. 

8 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I’d have to agree with my own experience from oral minoxidil. If Pfizer end up dropping the very affordable Loniten I will just have to pony up and pay for the compounded version. 

I agree and the extra cost is worth every penny especially to have hair like yours brother!

• Thanks 1

Gillenator

• 3 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor
On 9/20/2023 at 7:01 PM, BaldV said:

everything is right on track, can you post some good quality close up outdoors pictures for the 5 months update?

Yeh will surely do that...actually was very busy this days.had lots of traveling but i will update the thread with new pics under direct sunlight and some close ups too...

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor
On 9/12/2023 at 6:33 PM, Ccd99 said:

Amazing results! Happy for you @A_4_Archan! Plenty more growth still to come and your crown is filling in very well, you probably will only need minimum grafts for your 2nd HT session to add density to the crown.

I had a question, I saw that you changed your minoxidil usage to 5mg oral minoxidil.

Do you take 5mg in one go, or do you split it throughout the day? Also what time do you take minoxidil?

I read somewhere that minoxidil stays in your blood for 12 hours so it is better to have it twice rather than in one go.

I am on 2.5mg minoxidil atm which I take in the morning. I want to bump up my dosage to 5mg and my local hair transplant doctor advised to continue taking 2.5mg in the morning and add 1.25mg at night.

Thanks brother ..yeh i would need somewhere around 2.5k to 3k for decent density on crown and am planning to do that in few months.

Yeh i actually take 2.5mg in morning and 2.5mg at night...your doctor's advice is perfect ,you can take 1.25mg at night as of now and see how it goes and than can move upwards if there is a need.

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor
On 9/20/2023 at 6:21 PM, Gatsby said:

I wish they never stop making oral minoxidil here in India...there is no option for compounding here...

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor
On 9/9/2023 at 5:42 PM, Ramons said:

Thanks brother ...indeed a huge shout out to dr laorwong ..will be ever thankful to him for this...

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor
On 9/7/2023 at 10:11 PM, GoliGoliGoli said:

I really like that you kept the NW2 hairline. I think it suits you well and you're actually better off with that look than if you had gone NW1 (much less NW0 or something). This will age really well. 

You're absolutely right. Before opting for a hair transplant, I took the time to research and understand hairlines. Given my considerable hair loss, I decided to play it safe by choosing a conservative hairline. I used the saved grafts to enhance the overall density in the frontal area. My goal was to ensure that, even if I experienced further hair loss in the future, I'd still have a satisfying overall frontal density.

When someone is a high NW grade like me, I have a preference for a higher hairline, focusing on achieving good density throughout. Over the years, I've come to believe that a slightly conservative hairline, especially one with a V-shaped contour, tends to look more natural and is easier to pull off than a lower, straight hairline as it helps in hiding those unnatural elements which we often see getting exposed. Creating a natural low and straight hairline is a challenge that only a few skilled doctors can achieve consistently, so its always better to be safe.

--> My Thread