𝟑𝟔𝟏𝟏 𝐅𝐔𝐄 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐬 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐃𝐫. 𝐊𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐤𝐢𝐚𝐭 𝐋𝐚𝐨𝐫𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐠 | 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑 | 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝟓

• Valued Contributor
On 6/22/2023 at 6:02 PM, BeHappy said:

Do you plan on going back to fill in the crown? Sorry if that was answered already. I didn't read everything.

Yeh i will probably be going for crown after 1 year post op...if everything goes on well with the current one...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor

2 months post op update ...the transplanted area is getting darker and there are baby hairs all over the area and donor is completely healed and same like it was before surgery IMG-20230629-WA0002(1).jpg.facefab62c8d9e93eec3bbd7bbae1a2a.jpgIMG-20230629-WA0005(1).jpg.3b6700d6243fa899b156564cb3106a55.jpg

• Like 3

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor
19 hours ago, sftraderHT said:

Great write-up, thanks for sharing.  Looking forward to your future posts and results. Wishing you the best. 

Thanks brother ...

--> My Thread

Did you not do the crown or upper back part (or area) of the head? If yes, why?

I went to consult with Australian doctors, they also do not do the crown... kept me wondering

Also during the "5 days" in Bangkok, did they manage to remove all the scabs and prevent scabs to happen? Therefore, when you go back home, you don't need to deal with scabs?

Edited by Zetrova

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, Zetrova said:

Did you not do the crown or upper back part (or area) of the head? If yes, why?

I went to consult with Australian doctors, they also do not do the crown... kept me wondering

Also during the "5 days" in Bangkok, did they manage to remove all the scabs and prevent scabs to happen? Therefore, when you go back home, you don't need to deal with scabs?

I have a high grade of baldness and bigger head size and very thin native hairs so i need around 6.5-7k grafts for full coverage and it can't be done in one session...very few doctors does such a high number of grafts in one session and even i prefer 2 phase approach ..so i had 3611 grafts from hairline to mid scalp in 1st session and will have another 2.5-3k grafts from mid scalp to crown in 2nd session after 1 year post op...

Scabs can't be removed in 5 days and they will gradually start to fall by themself after 10 days post op and even you can apply a bit of pressure during head wash to remove them..its nt a big deal...its just that people are very anxious for first few days and thats why its just easy of mind letting them do head wash for 5 days and they will show you how to do it so you can do that on your own when you get back to your home...they give laser therapy for 5 days which helps in healing process...

--> My Thread

Wow you have growth in the 2nd month already. Thats quick! Looks promising. And your donor hair looks thick. Cant wait to see the final result.

Had my HT done with Dr. Laorwong as well, just 14 days ago. Waiting for shedding. But so far didnt lose hair. Not even my native ones, what is strange since they were falling out like crazy pre surgery. I read, the earlier the shedding, the earlier the growth. 

• Valued Contributor
On 7/21/2023 at 1:52 AM, TheGreatPretender said:

Those are some quick gains man! Impressive for sure.

No doubt this can only get better. 

I wish it gets better and better and better and..... 😅

• Like 1

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor
On 7/21/2023 at 1:41 AM, Sele said:

I read, the earlier the shedding, the earlier the growth. 

Its nothing like that i guess...there are some people who have moderate shedding and that doesn't mean they will have delayed growth....i started shedding in 2nd month 

• Like 1

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor

Just short of 3 months...Has to attend a function day before yesterday and had a fade cut and clicked my picture just to see how it looks when clicking normal pictures(used powder wax for styling) so i thought to share it over here as am seeing some more growth and am really feeling excited...😊IMG_20230723_204224__01.thumb.jpg.f9fd0a4f501195fd4d2c830ce0797615.jpg

Edited by A_4_Archan
  • Like 8
  • Wow 2

--> My Thread

Don't want to speak so soon cause I still have ways to go but I am on my 4th week and like you I have seen minimal shedding so far. Don't get me wrong, I still see lots of transplanted hairs coming out but not as many as I was expecting. 

I suspect the next few weeks will see some form of accelaration within the shedding phase before new hair starts growing again. I think you had something similar.

Edited by TheGreatPretender

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Don't want to speak so soon cause I still have ways to go but I am on my 4th week and like you I have seen minimal shedding so far. Don't get me wrong, I still see lots of transplanted hairs coming out but not as many as I was expecting. 

I suspect the next few weeks will see some form of accelaration within the shedding phase before new hair starts growing again. I think you had something similar.

Yeh this is a roller coaster ride and i am prepared for that...i have seen so many cases where there is good growth in certain months and than it dips in the following month and again picks up and this thing happens with many...as of now i am seeing good steady growth ...something can only be judged around 8-9 month post op about how it will turn out...

• Like 1

--> My Thread

1 minute ago, A_4_Archan said:

Yeh this is a roller coaster ride and i am prepared for that...i have seen so many cases where there is good growth in certain months and than it dips in the following month and again picks up and this thing happens with many...as of now i am seeing good steady growth ...something can only be judged around 8-9 month post op about how it will turn out...

I think you should be out of the Wds in that regard already. I am quite optimistic that starting next month or the one after you should have a bit more improvements then now. 

I just hope I can have a good amount of hair at month 9 because I am going to a concert around that time. I will fill the back of the crown with some nice extensions if I need to ahah. 

• Valued Contributor
4 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

I think you should be out of the Wds in that regard already. I am quite optimistic that starting next month or the one after you should have a bit more improvements then now. 

I just hope I can have a good amount of hair at month 9 because I am going to a concert around that time. I will fill the back of the crown with some nice extensions if I need to ahah. 

You will get good growth at 9 months most probably ....and if there is a bit of lack of density at that stage than you can use fibers and you are set to go..

--> My Thread

1 minute ago, A_4_Archan said:

You will get good growth at 9 months most probably ....and if there is a bit of lack of density at that stage than you can use fibers and you are set to go..

I think at that point I will just go to the saloon and add extensions ahah.

I need my hair long, fibers aint just gonna cut it tbh. Hopefully Oral Minoxidil can boost that area, Doc said I was a norwood IV and not V which came as a surprise to me and mentioned both Oral Min and Dut could potentially help the crown recover a bit. 

• Valued Contributor
4 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

I think at that point I will just go to the saloon and add extensions ahah.

I need my hair long, fibers aint just gonna cut it tbh. Hopefully Oral Minoxidil can boost that area, Doc said I was a norwood IV and not V which came as a surprise to me and mentioned both Oral Min and Dut could potentially help the crown recover a bit. 

Yeh it will recover your crown 

• Like 2

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor
10 hours ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Looking really good, and very early growth.

How's is the top of your head looking? I know you focussed on the hairline. Does your hair blend into your mid scalp and vertex ok?

I focused on hairline as well as mid scalp so my crown will not blend well with mid scalp and i am going to have my crown work next year for that...but due to medication and prp the crown is in better condition than before ..there is obvious difference between them but i expected even more..so medication and prp is helping me with that...

• Like 2

--> My Thread

13 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

Just short of 3 months...Has to attend a function day before yesterday and had a fade cut and clicked my picture just to see how it looks when clicking normal pictures(used powder wax for styling) so i thought to share it over here as am seeing some more growth and am really feeling excited...😊IMG_20230723_204224__01.thumb.jpg.f9fd0a4f501195fd4d2c830ce0797615.jpg

wow brother

• Like 1

21 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

wow, great growth for 3 months which is encouraging. The meds seem to really helped the growth kick in early! I am just gonna let mine do its thing and just use fin for maintainence.

• Like 1