Is Hasson and Wong Still good? A horror story from Reddit. I have HT booked later this year and I'm a little concerned after reading this post.

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

every surgeon has had a result that was poor

What you’re missing, is that due diligence requires the ability to distinguish the criteria between an acceptably poor result and an avoid this clinic poor result.  

i assume after the first fut surgery the scalp laxity of the patient went down which causes the scar of the second procedure stretching so far

i really wished surgeon would share the secret at what state they consider someone having a good scalp laxity so the patient could see by himself whether he is a good fut candidate..

or maybe the doctors dont really know it themself, this all seem to be little standardized 

Dude is talking too much. Talking  personal stuff about Melvin like u got something against him.  He didn’t make u bald nor did he give u a bad hair translant for u to hate the world.. 

It’s not easy to maintain peace with the clinics and the patients, when things don’t work out, nor is it wrong to have an opinion and belief in some product.. it’s better than doing nothing. So you need to relax. 
I personally had a good experience at h n w. N I’m glad I went there. I felt great, knowing I paid top dollar n got treated like I did :) 

even the taxi driver ask me where I was going , n I said hasson n wong, n he was like I wish I can go there. Cuz he drives alot of peeps to their clinic. So they have  a good rep in their city for a reason.. 

but would I go there again for another transplant ? Nope , I can’t afford it anymore, going overseas for the next one. 

The guy who made the Reddit post, this post and the low comment user criticizing Dr. Wong in this thread are all new accounts with no prior posting history.  @mister_25 also pointed out the similarities with this post and other burner accounts making false claims about several top docs. Seems like the same weirdo troll behind all these accounts, this thread should be locked @Melvin- Moderator.

Edited by Tiger2050

37 minutes ago, Tiger2050 said:

The guy who made the Reddit post, this post and the low comment user criticizing Dr. Wong in this thread are all new accounts with no prior posting history.  @mister_25 also pointed out the similarities with this post and other burner accounts making false claims about several top docs. Seems like the same weirdo troll behind all these accounts, this thread should be locked @Melvin- Moderator.

Quick! Lock a thread about potential malpractice because some meanie said some mean things! Lmfao.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, deepthoughts1 said:

Potential Malpractice from Dr.Wong on reddit here 

I have a HT booked later this year with Dr.Wong. I decided to go with him mostly due to the good reputation and results this clinic has produced over the years. Now today I run into this Reddit post about the failed surgery and how Dr.Wong was potentially not fully performing the surgery and someone else took it over resulting in bad HT. Has anyone else any input on this? Should I cancel the appointment and look somewhere else? I've been hesitant in HT in Turkey due to bad reputations and the condition of my hair - it has decent hairline and i can cover up good without hair fibers, but It lacks density generally and I was looking to add some more to add volume and to have scalp less visible. Dr.Wong recommended 2000 grafts.

You don’t need them honestly. They are way overrated and making you bankrupt.

If your case is small since you are getting 2000 grafts go to Dr. Perkiner. His results is better and he is really cheap. You will also enjoy turkey while you are there.

If your case is big and you can wait go to Dr.Zarev. If you can’t wait go to Dr.Pitella or  Eugenix. 

• Moderators

I looked at the reddit post, but I haven't read everything here. He already had at least 2 transplants prior to the one he is complaining about including at least one FUT and at least one FUE. He is asking why the FUT strip was so wide, but if he wanted to get a lot of grafts it had to be wide because he didn't have much density after the FUE was done. We don't know how wide the first FUT was, so perhaps he didn't have much laxity left. That would not be Hassan and Wongs fault. There isn't much they can do about that. They apparently didn't do any of the previous HTs on this person.

I do have a question though. His immediate after pic shows that the recipient area transplanted was not shaved. I have never seen Hassan and Wong do a HT with unshaved recipient area. Has anyone?

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

after skimming over everything in reddit and this thread very quickly...

1. the real issue is the possibility of malpractice. that should 100% be looked into confirmed one way or another.

2. bad results happen. if he's not happy with the recipient site, its unfortunate but it happens

3. the changing of the strip size is another thing that needs to be confirmed. he chose FUT, he should have been aware of the risks of stretching, but altering documentation after the fact, multiple times, is another red flag that needs to be addressed and confirmed one way or another.

following

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Berik said:

Quick! Lock a thread about potential malpractice because some meanie said some mean things! Lmfao.

This guy has created a dozen burner accounts on multiple platforms saying he was botched by Konior, Wong and Devroye. Either he’s the unluckiest person alive or just a troll.

Edited by Tiger2050

11 minutes ago, Tiger2050 said:

This guy has created a dozen burner accounts on multiple platforms saying he was botched by Konior, Wong and Devroye. Either he’s the unluckiest person alive or just a troll.

The photos speak for themselves. The story about medical malpractice is a serious one, and one that would mean slander and a lawsuit given H&W know who the patient is. I question the ethics of such a comment. The community should know about all experiences, good and bad. Perhaps you are a paid H&W representative?

7 minutes ago, Berik said:

The photos speak for themselves. The story about medical malpractice is a serious one, and one that would mean slander and a lawsuit given H&W know who the patient is. I question the ethics of such a comment. The community should know about all experiences, good and bad. Perhaps you are a paid H&W representative?

I have no dog in this fight, but is there any proof that those photos are of an actual HW patient? Or we are just going on OPs word? 

17 minutes ago, Berik said:

Here’s another result he made saying Konior botched him.

Edited by Tiger2050

16 minutes ago, Tiger2050 said:

Here’s another result he made saying Konior botched him.

What does that have to do with the sh*t result and serious malpractice allegations from H&W? I'm convinced you don't have an ounce of critical thinking in your entire body.

11 minutes ago, Berik said:

What does that have to do with the sh*t result and serious malpractice allegations from H&W? I'm convinced you don't have an ounce of critical thinking in your entire body.

It’s the same person, he admits being the the same user on his Reddit post about Wong.  All of the top docs are supposedly taking turns botching him. Not gonna keep going back and forth with you.

Edited by Tiger2050
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I have no dog in this fight, but is there any proof that those photos are of an actual HW patient? Or we are just going on OPs word? 

I believe that he is a H&W patient, his post op photos are the standard blue background with even the door handle in the photo where they take the photos.

I would wait and see H&Ws response to this, these allegations are too serious to go unaddressed. Unlike Diep who never responded to the communities concerns I believe that H&W have more integrity and their higher reputation to uphold. Also Unlike Diep, H&Ws streak of concerns is rather small, with those concerns being the following;

• Nordster34s Experience and design leading to a mediocre result.
  • Hasson’s high graft counts in smaller areas
  • Wongs use of Rowlike placements
  • Doctors involvement in the surgery
  • Doctors leaving before the surgery is finished.

whilst there are the unaddressed allegations such as;

• Use of technician doing incisions
  • Using fingers as a measurement
  • Withholding medical information 

Also I would like to preface and say, that my experience with contacting H&W about concerns has been mostly positive, with a few unanswered emails that I sent to Doug. But I usually have quick replies from H&W

correct me if I’m missing out on anything.

Edited by mister_25
  • Like 2

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

1 hour ago, Tiger2050 said:

It’s the same person, he admits being the the same user on his Reddit post about Wong.  All of the top docs are supposedly taking turns botching him. Not gonna keep going back and forth with you.

I repeat. What does that have to do with the malpractice allegations of a technician not legally able to surgically operate on a patient doing so? I repeat. You lack critical thinking and general reading comprehension. 

6 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

I believe that he is a H&W patient, his post op photos are the standard blue background with even the door handle in the photo where they take the photos.

I would wait and see H&Ws response to this, these allegations are too serious to go unaddressed. Unlike Diep who never responded to the communities concerns I believe that H&W have more integrity and their higher reputation to uphold. Also Unlike Diep, H&Ws streak of concerns is rather small, with those concerns being the following;

Also I would like to preface and say, that my experience with contacting H&W about concerns has been mostly positive, with a few unanswered emails that I sent to Doug. But I usually have quick replies from H&W

2 of those concerns, the minimal doctor involvement in the surgery, are major issues that people often cite as the main reason to avoid a hair mill. H&W and Eugenix have gravitated towards the high volume, tech driven strategy and as a result patients have been suffering as they try to get even more money. 

Apparently $40,000 per day minimum isn't enough for these guys to actually stay during the surgery and do more than create incisions quickly and leave. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Berik said:

I repeat. What does that have to do with the malpractice allegations of a technician not legally able to surgically operate on a patient doing so? I repeat. You lack critical thinking and general reading comprehension. 

He is saying that the original poster may be hiding and obscuring facts and twisting the narrative.

You got to remember that at the end of the day, we only have one side coming from a unreliable source. I say unreliable due to the multiple alt accounts and numerous edits of his post. There is also a reddit user claiming that when people poke holes through his argument, he acts evasive and constantly shifts and edits his original post. I can’t verify if this is true but I can say that someone accused him of purposefully misleading others.

The elephant in the room is that the likelihood’s of going to three recommended and esteemed surgeons and being botched by all three is unlikely. Someone has to say it and I’ll say it, but I’m not letting that fact cloud my judgement. (Although my opinion on Dr Devroye is not that positive from numerous accounts I have read)

You also do not need to insult him by saying he lacks critical thinking and basic reading comprehension. That doesn’t help anyone.

33 minutes ago, Berik said:

2 of those concerns, the minimal doctor involvement in the surgery, are major issues that people often cite as the main reason to avoid a hair mill. H&W and Eugenix have gravitated towards the high volume, tech driven strategy and as a result patients have been suffering as they try to get even more money. 

Apparently $40,000 per day minimum isn't enough for these guys to actually stay during the surgery and do more than create incisions quickly and leave. 

It depends on what we define as the minimum, If the minimum is “doctor does planning, and incisions with no more than two patients a day” than they both clear that boundary. This is what I’ve seen on multiple forums to be the minimum requirement to be labelled as a good option to get a hair transplant.

Using technicians isn’t a sign of a bad clinic or a good clinic, however the over reliance on technicians in my eyes is a bad sign. H&W have been using technicians for many years with excellent results, unless they changed their game they always had a strong balance between technicians and good results.

As for “patients been suffering” Are there any more patients as of recent other than Qui Bono and Nordster34 who have had mediocre or below results?. Because other than the concerns and experiences Nordster34 and Qui Bono are the only recent mediocre and below poor results that I could find in a three year timespan.

Edited by mister_25
EDIT: clarity on two points.
  • Like 3

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

• Administrators

@Berik

This behavior may be acceptable on Reddit, but certainly not here. Our community is definitely not for you. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

As for this case, it is indeed a former Konior and Devroye patient. I’ll reach out to Doug for his comments.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I just want to put my 2 cents into this topic:

1.) I have previously had a huge error on a cosmetic surgery that altered my profile and the feeling of being "botched" completely ruined my self confidence, mental health, as well as my out goingness. I became a hermit and only let my house when I felt forced to or if I had to. This ruined my relationship, all my friendships, etc. This patient seems to provide enough detail in photos and experiences that he was botched. I can only imagine his mental state of being and I wish him nothing but the best. I think someone in this thread mentioned that the patient had 3 surgeries from top surgeons. And although statistically, looking at probabilities, it's unlikely that this happened, it seems like he's provided enough proof that he has been botched (correct me if I'm wrong). That being said, he is a VICTIM, and we CAN NOT try to use logic to explain his behavior because the feeling of him being botched has done a unbelievable damaging effect on his well being. And as Someone who had just 1 procedure (not a HT) my mental state was destroy for years. My behaviors as well as mental state was destroyed and was looking for answers in every and any way. Imagine what this patient is feeling now after he went to surgeons and came out with sub par results. I don't think it's right to use his past actions against him or against his claim especially as someone who seems to be a victim. I think as a community we need to bond together and help each other out and come together as a family. 

23 hours ago, MrFox said:

I've never heard of the technician doing the incisions with H&W and unless it is verifiable source than I wouldn't take any heed from that. Yes, they use a technician for extractions, but that is pretty standard, and it definitely doesn't mean the quality is any less. 

This may or may not be true. But looking at his photos it does seem like he has had less then a 20% growth and that could be an explanation of why he got such poor growth. Wasn't there a thread about a patient who mentioned that Dr Hasson or Dr Wong viewed the operation from a camera from his home? If that is true than why couldn't this be true. As a community we need to hold clinics (all of them regardless if they are new or long standing clinics with reputation) to the highest standard to keep future patients and a whole community healthy with high success rates. Make everyone hold onto a higher standard. 

22 hours ago, Fox243 said:

The Reddit mod said he might reach out to the clinic to address this, so it's worth waiting to hear the other side of the story before making a decision. Would wait for the clinic to respond, as it feels weird they'd risk their reputation by having a tech do the incision.

Completely agree. and when or if they come out we need to come together as a community to help each other out.

20 hours ago, Z-- said:

You're on the money - this is QuiBono, who has also gone by the aliases Wicker and Anotherbaldguy and now WoodenBlueberry. I'm actually very sad to see that this transplant has failed.

I will say that if a tech was as involved (as is alleged), that is a MASSIVE red flag and ought to be fully investigated. We had a similar case with Nordster -- though it was Dr. H rather than Dr. W in that case. If true, why are people paying top dollar for minimal doctor involvement at H&W? That's completely unacceptable. It's a very, very concerning pattern that many "top" clinics are cutting corners these days.

That said, I have some doubts about the QuiBono's credibility. The constant alts and thread deletions is shady - this must be the second H&W thread he's created (his original was under the Wicker account on Reddit and that was deleted for some reason...?). The same was true of his thread with Konior and Devroye. My impression of him is that he unfortunately has Buyer's Remorse and may be taking unnecessary risks (against potential doctor advice).

It's a shame. His original FUT scar was fantastic, but this new scar is awful. There's really no excuse for a scar this wide, unless he was warned that it was a possibility.

I completely agree. As a person who is looking for a future hair transplant I crossed H&W off my list when I saw that the surgeons aren't 100% fully involved. Why are you paying so much money just to have tech's do all the work? And maybe this is Diep's clinic but doesn't Dr Hasson and Dr Wong both do 2 patients in a day? (I might be mistaking the clinics).

19 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Personally I would stay away from reddit. I'm not familiar with this case (nor have I read through it) but every surgeon has had a result that was poor. That's just part of doing your due diligence and understanding that a hair transplant is a last resort. All the best.

I completely disagree here Gatsby. getting outside information from other sources and experiences is a valuable tool. In fact science and many surgeon that i consulted with mentioned going through different websites and experiences to find as much information on the clinic and doctors themselves. I think this statement is a little bit contradictory of the hair transplant community as research is a vital part about obtaining a surgeon and success surgery. 

12 hours ago, Tiger2050 said:

Completely disagree. That is a reach and you can't even prove that all those accounts are his. The patient DOES bring up important topics that NEED to be addressed by the HW clinic. Locking this thread and not obtaining a response from them won't keep them to the highest standard and give us future patients answers and clarity when looking for a future transplant. 

2 hours ago, mister_25 said:

x2! Completely agree! Great thorough answer here @mister_25

• Like 7

Why can’t we all get along. There’s going to be some bad and good results.. I was only 85 percent satisfied with my result too..  I was hoping to have that awesome hair like some of the pics in here. But reality is ,, it’s very rare to get that awesome full look  when we balding. 

I got 2500 grafts just into my hairline .. I was expecting more for my $20k.  But it’s actually not too bad .. I just leave my hair natural don’t put anything in it.. that’s just how I always wanted .. to be comfortable .. this my update for ya from h n w . After about 4 years and on finasteride . 
I always combed my hair forward like the Koreans pop stars ,, even before the transplant .. so I’m happy I can still comb it that way :)

A14A925C-8985-440C-B4D3-4F9E89ECB699.jpeg

9F811F3B-1692-4F8A-A1D9-D783D0EEE783.jpeg

• Like 2