Is Hasson and Wong Still good? A horror story from Reddit. I have HT booked later this year and I'm a little concerned after reading this post.

9 minutes ago, MaximusEastwood said:

Why wouldn't you go to H&W? I already went to them, so it's too late for me...but just curious to hear your reasoning here

I’m sure your end result will come out nicely. I personally feel there are other doctors that produce better results, offer a better patient experience, and are more consistent. 

• Like 3

I can’t comment on the long term results, but I had my procedure with Dr. Wong today and he made all the incisions himself - it was a long procedure so he was brought in several times. The insertions were made by his team of techs, who spent a lot of care properly orienting grafts. Dr. Wong had excellent bedside manner and fixed the anesthetic at the slightest indication of discomfort. I personally didn’t experience anything that made me feel uncomfortable, and am excited (but patient) to see the results.

So while I have no insight into the particular incident in the Reddit thread, as someone who saw it and immediately panicked about my incoming appointment, I am very relieved to have received stellar care 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tom Diepstraten said:

I can’t comment on the long term results, but I had my procedure with Dr. Wong today and he made all the incisions himself - it was a long procedure so he was brought in several times. The insertions were made by his team of techs, who spent a lot of care properly orienting grafts. Dr. Wong had excellent bedside manner and fixed the anesthetic at the slightest indication of discomfort. I personally didn’t experience anything that made me feel uncomfortable, and am excited (but patient) to see the results.

So while I have no insight into the particular incident in the Reddit thread, as someone who saw it and immediately panicked about my incoming appointment, I am very relieved to have received stellar care 

Very happy for you, Tom! I have an op with Hasson for end of June, so this thread also got me a bit spooked at first, but after reading through everything I am at ease.

Will you be making a progress thread with pictures? It would be very interesting to follow your timeline of growth going forward.

• Like 1

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

I thought that H&W were the best in the world, even from an ethical point of view, I changed my mind after reading a patient's thread on another forum, where he complained that after a first transplant from them, with poor results (not I remember which of the two doctors operated on the patient), came back for a second procedure, wrote that the doctor, blamed the patient for having LPP, but the patient, once he got home, started to do medical checks on his scalp, without finding any problems.  The administrator of that forum undertook to ask H&W to officially intervene with their statement, which never arrived, and that thread was never followed up again.  Oh well, that forum I'm talking about , is known for blocking disgruntled users who talk about their bad experiences with clinics that pay for the forum, but since it is H&W , I imagined it would have gone differently, and that is that H&W would put their face in it , but they didn't.

25 minutes ago, ITA said:

I thought that H&W were the best in the world, even from an ethical point of view, I changed my mind after reading a patient's thread on another forum, where he complained that after a first transplant from them, with poor results (not I remember which of the two doctors operated on the patient), came back for a second procedure, wrote that the doctor, blamed the patient for having LPP, but the patient, once he got home, started to do medical checks on his scalp, without finding any problems.  The administrator of that forum undertook to ask H&W to officially intervene with their statement, which never arrived, and that thread was never followed up again.  Oh well, that forum I'm talking about , is known for blocking disgruntled users who talk about their bad experiences with clinics that pay for the forum, but since it is H&W , I imagined it would have gone differently, and that is that H&W would put their face in it , but they didn't.

What's LPP? And how were the results poor?

Similar to @Tom Diepstraten I had a large FUT with Dr Wong last year and only have big positives to say about him, his team, and the clinic as a whole. I researched H&W scrupulously before deciding to go with them, finding every online experience I could. In not one was there a case of a tech (as skilled as they are) doing recipient incisions or not shaving the recipient site for the surgery.

The OP on that thread is very quiet since posting and not commenting much.

I won't outright call anyone a lier without evidence but it will be very interesting to hear the other side of the story.

Edited by BurnieBurns

7 hours ago, Rafael Manelli said:

You want a hair transplant?

Already got one from h n w. 3.5 years ago. Doctor hasson did a one n done for me. That’s why I chose them.. other clinics were telling me I might need two operations to make the hairline match my current hair..

I ain’t got time for two operations nor the extra money to spare.. that’s why I didn’t cheap out on my first transplant for fear of having to do another right after.. n that’s usually the case for hairline jobs .. 

even though I’m a norwood one 1, in my early forties, I still feel like I’m going bald, cuz of my thinning hair. But finasteride definitely did maintain my mid n crown.. I really thought I would be bald by 45.. that’s what my stupid noobie doctor at Kaiser told me.. imma be bald like Bruce wills.. that little bitch doctor ain’t even working at Kaiser nomore.. 27 year old doctor don’t know shi.t telling me I be totally bald.. everyone in my family is a norwood one..well anyways .. I’m just sharing my experience. 

1 hour ago, Legend007 said:

Already got one from h n w. 3.5 years ago. Doctor hasson did a one n done for me. That’s why I chose them.. other clinics were telling me I might need two operations to make the hairline match my current hair..

I ain’t got time for two operations nor the extra money to spare.. that’s why I didn’t cheap out on my first transplant for fear of having to do another right after.. n that’s usually the case for hairline jobs .. 

even though I’m a norwood one 1, in my early forties, I still feel like I’m going bald, cuz of my thinning hair. But finasteride definitely did maintain my mid n crown.. I really thought I would be bald by 45.. that’s what my stupid noobie doctor at Kaiser told me.. imma be bald like Bruce wills.. that little bitch doctor ain’t even working at Kaiser nomore.. 27 year old doctor don’t know shi.t telling me I be totally bald.. everyone in my family is a norwood one..well anyways .. I’m just sharing my experience. 

Looks good. Do you have a topic? 

On 4/10/2023 at 8:19 PM, Gatsby said:

@stephcurry30 as an ex butchered patient myself, I have a very real vested interest in protecting young vulnerable guys risking going through what I went through that began at the age of eighteen! I also have a vested interested in supporting patients who have been butchered just as much, as you would know the lengths that I have gone through over a 37 year period. As I stated in my post I wrote that 'I had not read through the thread' and I was responding to the topic. As to the hair transplant community it is made up of a lot more than just the internet and forums. My experience with reddit has been pathetic at best. I have tried to help there and I have simply been questioned there for my integrity (from one of the mods of all people who claims to know me) and not to mention my actual identity. My time is too valuable so I won't be wasting it there. Everyone has the right to anonymity. But when people like myself post pictures, videos, audios, interviews, podcasts, etc of myself it's fairly obvious to see that I am genuine and I don't feel the need to hide behind an avatar which brings me to my next point. The amount of people who troll, have fake accounts and have nothing but pure malice are legion in 'the hair transplant community.' How do you control for these 'variables' in a science driven approach? You can't can you as long as we have anonymity and people that are not prepared to disclose, or are hiding, their true identity. As to a patient's complaint on forums/social media you will know that I am the first to ask someone 'who did the work' in order to prevent others from making the same mistake. As to this complaint about Dr Wong it has now been addressed via the correct channels (which don't require a lynch mob) and I have every confidence that Dr Wong has been made aware of it at the very least. Finally as to the people (real or fake) who have chimed in with their own agendas enough said!

Completely understand your position! I think we both want the same outcome here and just find a solution for everyone. 

Edited by stephcurry30

5 hours ago, Legend007 said:

That is good to hear you got a great result but it doesn't necessary mean others will get the same outcome. There ahev been a number of failed surgeries that have been post on here since I joined this forum. 

Hair transplants are a calculated risk. 

On 4/14/2023 at 8:10 AM, deepthoughts1 said:

According to reddit mod HW said they would send out their statement on this issue. Does it usually take this long? Will we ever get one?

Reddit mod probably misinterpreted. I doubt we’ll get a response much outside of “no comment” on the matter.

On 4/12/2023 at 9:04 AM, NegativeNorwood said:

I don't want to come across as an @sshole, but how is it possible that someone goes to not just one, but several reputable clinics and gets botched in all of them? Clearly there's something wrong with that guy, the anomalies are too much.

I understand that every surgeon has botched cases, but what are the odds of going to not one but 3 very reputable clinics (Devroye, Konior, H&W) and get a botch from every one of them, and for different reasons. It's just too much. There are two possibilities here: 

- He has the worst luck ever.

- He must be doing something wrong.

Not even going to argue about him editing the posts when questioned, creating multiple accounts or being banned here, which make him lose a lot of credibility.

His body could be rejecting the grafts, and if thats the case it doesnt matter which clinic he goes to

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Westview said:

His body could be rejecting the grafts, and if thats the case it doesnt matter which clinic he goes to

That's certainly a possibility I didn't think about. Still, him editing the threads when asked questions is bad optics ngl.

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

On 4/13/2023 at 2:11 AM, 2Bulls said:

Question: do you think unshaven transplants can produce lower yield? I know if can effect angulation, blending, naturalness, etc.

Yes, I thinks so. And I think the clinic which I went to agrees too, as they insisted on shaving the recipient even for a small 400 Graft surgery on virgin skin. And it is not about money, as my initial surgery was anyway much more expensive per graft. 

I think unshaven recipient is an unnecessary risk and should only be used for very limited cases. A large area repair case from a patient at the limit of his donor capacity, is not an ideal case for unshaven surgery IMO.

For me this goes way beyond this case. But even here the patient also had good growth in previous surgeries with a shaven surgery both with FUE and FUT - why change that?