Dr Zarev 11,941 grafts. 1st procedure 8,321, 2nd procedure 3,620

mtb

10 hours ago, hairman22 said:

your donor area looks excellent considering it has some shock loss & over 8000 grafts taken out

@hairman22 Some lighting it looks pretty good and some it looks quite thin. But yes, all things considered I think I'm doing okay. 

4 hours ago, mandark86 said:

@mtbyour surgery looks really well! Contragts!

Are you from Romania?

I've been trying to get to you via DM but the platform is not allowing me to dm. :(

@mandark86 I am in the US. Not sure why it won't let you message me. You might as @Melvin- Moderator.

• Administrators

@mandark86 You must reach at least ten posts before sending private messages. We had a lot of spammers sending our member's spam messages. If you have a question, ask it here. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

@mandark86 You must reach at least ten posts before sending private messages. We had a lot of spammers sending our member's spam messages. If you have a question, ask it here. 

On 1/30/2023 at 4:41 PM, mtb said:

Thanks Gatsby. You're documentation of your journey has been very helpful for me and for many others on this forum. Thank you for your contributions.

Yeah man, the level of detail is excruciating but Dr. Zarev really seems like he's having the best time doing it. 

Yeah, it's tough to wait so long. I think Dr. Zarev is one of the very best but there are other clinics that provide great results and can get you in sooner. My brother is going to a different clinic specializing in high Norwood because he doesn't want to wait until 2025. However, Dr. Zarev plans on training new surgeons in his techniques and equipment in the next few years. 

I'd say to be consistent in your messaging with them. They have more office staff now so that should be getting better. 

You caught me. I'm actually Romanian bot designed to spam this server. Busted. 😆

I am having a private consultation with dr Zarev Friday, I'm from Romania I I have misunderstood The "romanian bot" as a romanian guy. I am not great in written english so I would have love to ask him in private romanian some questions.

I konow... I am lucky to have a private consultation with dr. Zarev...wish me luck with me hair situation. I need that! 

On 2/17/2023 at 7:18 PM, mtb said:

1 month. The shed has started. I reckon 30%-40% of transplanted hairs have fallen out. Also, my shock loss is significant. Maybe 30-40%. But it’s a long game. I’m 8 months from my second surgery, maybe 16-18 months from final result. Thankfully I work from home so I’ve just been wearing hats. Also told my few coworkers so it wouldn’t be weird. 

7D76D978-6EFF-4C23-8BD4-182CDE2248B0.jpeg

BCA7BFF0-ECA0-4CA7-B238-23BCBF51890D.jpeg

9E0D227B-D7DB-4FDB-B716-8BDDEE61510F.jpeg

352B1184-01BF-46EA-ACEB-53BC577B401C.jpeg

51A128C2-21C3-4BB8-9188-D0E96E1E703B.jpeg

36EC9182-5B19-41E4-ACAC-F700206DB6A6.jpeg

A3D10FE9-C3EA-45A2-BDD0-F2EBF13F4E90.jpeg

You are exactly within the worse phase of your HT experience. All looks as it should at this moment. Thanks for sharing.

On 2/17/2023 at 7:18 PM, mtb said:

1 month. The shed has started. I reckon 30%-40% of transplanted hairs have fallen out. Also, my shock loss is significant. Maybe 30-40%. But it’s a long game. I’m 8 months from my second surgery, maybe 16-18 months from final result. Thankfully I work from home so I’ve just been wearing hats. Also told my few coworkers so it wouldn’t be weird. 

7D76D978-6EFF-4C23-8BD4-182CDE2248B0.jpeg

BCA7BFF0-ECA0-4CA7-B238-23BCBF51890D.jpeg

9E0D227B-D7DB-4FDB-B716-8BDDEE61510F.jpeg

352B1184-01BF-46EA-ACEB-53BC577B401C.jpeg

51A128C2-21C3-4BB8-9188-D0E96E1E703B.jpeg

36EC9182-5B19-41E4-ACAC-F700206DB6A6.jpeg

A3D10FE9-C3EA-45A2-BDD0-F2EBF13F4E90.jpeg

The ugliest phase after a HT, it's also crazy to see these photos and then compare them with the final result.

I just got back from the private consultation witch I had in Sofia with Dr. Zarev! 

I am truly impressed with the consultation and with the professionalism of the surgeon. 

The good news for me is that after 2 HT I still have hope because Dr. Zarev can get 11k graft from my donor.

The bad news is that I need more money for that and I have to wait for the surgery because of the waiting list.

Dr. Zarev is for sure a living legend!

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
  • Well Done 1

10 minutes ago, mandark86 said:

I just got back from the private consultation witch I had in Sofia with Dr. Zarev! 

I am truly impressed with the consultation and with the professionalism of the surgeon. 

The good news for me is that after 2 HT I still have hope because Dr. Zarev can get 11k graft from my donor.

The bad news is that I need more money for that and I have to wait for the surgery because of the waiting list.

i hope he will train other surgeons his technique at some point

On 2/26/2023 at 4:13 PM, mandark86 said:

How long was the consultation roughly brother ? 

• Valued Contributor
On 2/27/2023 at 2:13 AM, mandark86 said:

So after two previous hair transplants you still have 11,000 scalp grafts to use? Amazing! 👏

3 hours ago, MC117 said:

How long was the consultation roughly brother ? 

around 3h !

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

So after two previous hair transplants you still have 11,000 scalp grafts to use? Amazing! 👏

11k scalp grafts that only dr. Zarev can use, other surgeons could not get this out of my donor.

• Wow 2
  • Well Done 1

• Valued Contributor
33 minutes ago, mandark86 said:

like 2000 in the first and 700 in the second( the surgeon lied in the medical papers...he quoted 1750 instead of 700.

so...2700 in total.

Oh wow man. That’s close to 14k scalp grafts. Most patients push to find half that amount. 👌

4 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Oh wow man. That’s close to 14k scalp grafts. Most patients push to find half that amount. 👌

I think that most surgeons push to extract this amount. It's not all about the patients but also about the surgeon that can extract that amount.

On 2/26/2023 at 9:13 AM, mandark86 said:

Hi @mandark86, how did you get a consultation with Dr. Z? When is your surgery day? How long is the waiting list for consultation and the surgery? I apologize for all the questions and I hope Im not derailing mtb's post. I'm just curious about what to expect with Dr. Z schedule nowadays. 

On 2/21/2023 at 5:30 PM, CharlesBarkley said:

You are exactly within the worse phase of your HT experience. All looks as it should at this moment. Thanks for sharing.

Feels like it's taking a while. I'm more concerned about the shock loss than the recipient area hair.

On 2/23/2023 at 5:14 PM, MC117 said:

The thing is, the ugly phase with Dr.Zarev passes way more quickly and the regrowth is amazing around M4-M5 and it's not even final results. He always impressed me about that !

I hope you're right. Hugo had a very quick result. Hoping I'm the same.

On 2/26/2023 at 8:13 AM, mandark86 said:

Yeah, you leave his office with complete confidence. His consultation was the best I had out of the 8 or 9 that I did. 

On 2/27/2023 at 9:31 PM, mandark86 said:

around 3h !

11k scalp grafts that only dr. Zarev can use, other surgeons could not get this out of my donor.

I'm happy for you mandark. Hopefully you can get in soon and you get a great result. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mtb said:

Feels like it's taking a while. I'm more concerned about the shock loss than the recipient area hair.

I hope you're right. Hugo had a very quick result. Hoping I'm the same.

Yeah, you leave his office with complete confidence. His consultation was the best I had out of the 8 or 9 that I did. 

I'm happy for you mandark. Hopefully you can get in soon and you get a great result. 

I wouldnt worry about. It will of course need time to recover.

@HugoXIIRC had even worse shock loss in the donor.

You had a huge surgery so the donor will look thin. I am sure in 4-5 months it will look excellent.

You went to the best surgeon in the world when it comes to donor managment & who has the cleanest extraction method

• Thanks 1

8000 graft mega session. Thats epic!  I really like the hairline design and the fact he didn't go too high with it (which you usually see with high Norwoods.  Looking forward to seeing the outcome. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Question for anyone who has had a transplant with Zarev or with a clinic overseas.   How is the infection control at his office? Are things like  implanter pens reused on multiple patients ?  What about sterilization techniques? This has always been a worry of mine on getting a hair transplant in an area other than North America.  

Edited by johnto

22 minutes ago, johnto said:

Question for anyone who has had a transplant with Zarev or with a clinic overseas.   How is the infection control at his office? Are things like  implanter pens reused on multiple patients ?  What about sterilization techniques? This has always been a worry of mine on getting a hair transplant in an area other than North America.  

this is a question you would have to ask him directly. I doubt the average patient understands or will be able to witness the sterilization of equipment which happens AFTER the surgery is over. 

Having said that, the impression I get is it is unlikely that they skimp on this. But you are correct outside of NA, EU things are much less regulated. I remember being a "3rd world country" where dentists were working without gloves and phlebotomies were being performed without gloves. Something that you would not see in USA

Edited by shiba1985

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, shiba1985 said:

this is a question you would have to ask him directly. I doubt the average patient understands or will be able to witness the sterilization of equipment which happens AFTER the surgery is over. 

Having said that, the impression I get is it is unlikely that they skimp on this. But you are correct outside of NA, EU things are much less regulated. I remember being a "3rd world country" where dentists were working without gloves and phlebotomies were being performed without gloves. Something that you would not see in USA

I remember when I was in the Middle East and this girlfriend of mine at the time had to go to the dentist. The dentist had no gloves on but a ciggy in one hand and a dental instrument in the other! 😬🤣

• Haha 1