Dr Zarev 11,941 grafts. 1st procedure 8,321, 2nd procedure 3,620

mtb

On 2/17/2023 at 7:18 PM, mtb said:

1 month. The shed has started. I reckon 30%-40% of transplanted hairs have fallen out. Also, my shock loss is significant. Maybe 30-40%. But it’s a long game. I’m 8 months from my second surgery, maybe 16-18 months from final result. Thankfully I work from home so I’ve just been wearing hats. Also told my few coworkers so it wouldn’t be weird. 

7D76D978-6EFF-4C23-8BD4-182CDE2248B0.jpeg

BCA7BFF0-ECA0-4CA7-B238-23BCBF51890D.jpeg

9E0D227B-D7DB-4FDB-B716-8BDDEE61510F.jpeg

352B1184-01BF-46EA-ACEB-53BC577B401C.jpeg

51A128C2-21C3-4BB8-9188-D0E96E1E703B.jpeg

36EC9182-5B19-41E4-ACAC-F700206DB6A6.jpeg

A3D10FE9-C3EA-45A2-BDD0-F2EBF13F4E90.jpeg

That is a big crown. Can wait to see Dr Zarev magic on that! 

2 months. Ugly duckling is hitting hard. I am worried about a couple areas but need to be patient to see what areas get good growth. 

Cant tell how much of the donor thinning is the hairs extracted versus shock loss. Again, I just need to wait. 

Anyone have luck with fibers? I’m waaay to think to try fibers now but have a beach vacation in 1.5 months and might try them there. Could it affect new growth?

8B3A2692-FA6E-463B-8E98-5B2B7AC52EA4.jpeg

2B38A0D2-8FB9-4451-8071-C53860E13A8E.jpeg

EE60C772-30E5-4E47-988D-2221F403DCB7.jpeg

269B9291-9F8E-4C65-901F-A194EB62E77C.jpeg

475A9CC9-0446-4791-8066-6D8EF2F37404.jpeg

F917F2DD-889E-41AE-9AA5-B06C0281DE52.jpeg

• Like 5

Dr. Zarev says still too early for growth in the recipient area. Will start to see first signs of growth at 3.5 months. Donor areas will begin to recover from excessive loss after the 4th month. So I guess the hairs I'm seeing in the recipient are hairs that haven't fallen out yet post transplant. 

Very interesting how despite being Norwood 6 you have much more prominent temples than me being Norwood 2 😅

Things look good despite being in the ugly duckling phase IMO, if it grows well, you'll have an amazing Norwood 1 head of hair 👱‍♂️

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

8 minutes ago, mtb said:

Dr. Zarev says still too early for growth in the recipient area. Will start to see first signs of growth at 3.5 months. Donor areas will begin to recover from excessive loss after the 4th month. So I guess the hairs I'm seeing in the recipient are hairs that haven't fallen out yet post transplant. 

3-6 months growth in most areas & full result after 6 months. Crwon full result in 9 months.

after 2 months is always the worst.

Your donor looks incredible considering it had 8000 grafts taken out

1 hour ago, NegativeNorwood said:

Very interesting how despite being Norwood 6 you have much more prominent temples than me being Norwood 2 😅

Things look good despite being in the ugly duckling phase IMO, if it grows well, you'll have an amazing Norwood 1 head of hair 👱‍♂️

Yes, I feel like I was very lucky to still have temples being a nw 6. My bro is the exact same. 

1 hour ago, hairman22 said:

3-6 months growth in most areas & full result after 6 months. Crwon full result in 9 months.

after 2 months is always the worst.

Your donor looks incredible considering it had 8000 grafts taken out

Yes, definitely trying to be patient. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 5:57 PM, mtb said:

2 months. Ugly duckling is hitting hard. I am worried about a couple areas but need to be patient to see what areas get good growth. 

Cant tell how much of the donor thinning is the hairs extracted versus shock loss. Again, I just need to wait. 

Anyone have luck with fibers? I’m waaay to think to try fibers now but have a beach vacation in 1.5 months and might try them there. Could it affect new growth?

I mean... Are you following my schedule of growth 😅. Except my hair being dark... Looks similar to my 2 months 

20230317190435284.jpeg

20230317190603805.jpeg

20230317190644472.jpeg

• Like 1

im at 3.5months 7k FUE, looked exactly like you at 2 months, including massive shock loss in donor. Things are starting to grow now and donor looks almost perfect now, but still much to improve though... This is such an emotional ride, being insecure about transplant result for so many months!

Edited by WhereIsMyMind

10 hours ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

im at 3.5months 7k FUE, looked exactly like you at 2 months, including massive shock loss in donor. Things are starting to grow now and donor looks almost perfect now, but still much to improve though... This is such an emotional ride, being insecure about transplant result for so many months!

You also went to Dr. Zarev?

• Valued Contributor

@mtb I'm also at the 2 month mark and yes the ugly duck sucks. The only advice I can give is to keep yourself busy. I did this with my first repair/hair transplant 14 months ago and I am doing it again this time around as well. I'm lucky in that I work a lot (up to 60 plus hours a week). This helps take the worry and focus off myself due to the stress and attention my job requires. It also makes time fly by quickly. Don't let the mind get caught up with worry. You've gone to who many consider the best for high Norwoods. Keep busy and this will pass. All the best!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

do you have a thread showing your case?

19 hours ago, HugoX said:

I mean... Are you following my schedule of growth 😅. Except my hair being dark... Looks similar to my 2 months 

20230317190435284.jpeg

20230317190603805.jpeg

20230317190644472.jpeg

@HugoX You're totally right. We're looking similar. I'll just keep throwing a hat on and forgetting about it. 

19 hours ago, asterix0 said:

Right in the middle of the ugly duckling, this part is tough mentally but it will soon be a distant, funny memory :)

@asterix0 You're right. I may shave it all down again here soon. 

17 hours ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

@WhereIsMyMind  Thanks for sharing. Yeah, I've just been wearing a hat everywhere and mostly not thinking about it too much. 

4 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@mtb I'm also at the 2 month mark and yes the ugly duck sucks. The only advice I can give is to keep yourself busy. I did this with my first repair/hair transplant 14 months ago and I am doing it again this time around as well. I'm lucky in that I work a lot (up to 60 plus hours a week). This helps take the worry and focus off myself due to the stress and attention my job requires. It also makes time fly by quickly. Don't let the mind get caught up with worry. You've gone to who many consider the best for high Norwoods. Keep busy and this will pass. All the best!

@Gatsby  The key is just to put it out of our minds. It'll happen when it happens. I guess the longer hairs are just ones that haven't fallen out yet. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mirash said:

I tried reaching out for some info and they told me i must go to Bulgaria, they wouldn’t even accept my photos, and 5 euro per graft , im a nw 6 so if i need 10,000 grafts thats 50k . Does that make sense ?

Yes that is consistent with what to expect.

1 hour ago, Mirash said:

Thanks , seems very over the top , its less expensive in the USA , i know he’s very good but it seems exorbitant 

Doesn't top doctors in USA charge between 6-8$ per graft? 

20 hours ago, Mirash said:

I tried reaching out for some info and they told me i must go to Bulgaria, they wouldn’t even accept my photos, and 5 euro per graft , im a nw 6 so if i need 10,000 grafts thats 50k . Does that make sense ?

Yeah as for visiting in person it makes sense to me. I know think it's interesting that clinics can quote graft numbers via Skype and some photos without seeing you in person. Seems like microcamera photos are invaluable. But then again people are getting great results without it, but it made sense for me the way Dr. Zarev requires to see you in person. 

3 hours ago, Mirash said:

Thanks , seems very over the top , its less expensive in the USA , i know he’s very good but it seems exorbitant 

Yes, it is very expensive. There are more affordable clinics out there so don't give up on a transplant if Dr. Zarev is out of your price range.