Dr Zarev 11,941 grafts. 1st procedure 8,321, 2nd procedure 3,620

mtb

This just shows Dr. Zarev’s consistency which proves he’s good in distributing grafts on high NW… respect.
Thank you @HugoXand @mtbfor sharing your experiences, it’s really helpful for this community since you both are the only reviews we have for Dr. Z at this time. I hope this will just be the start though and more reviews will be posted in the future because of @HugoX‘s initiative. 👏🏼0F51E840-1A0E-4CE8-B0F0-E30210080368.thumb.jpeg.d55b1d038fbcd82e7eab831ba3f51844.jpeg

Edited by uu777
  • Like 5

On 2/4/2023 at 12:51 PM, uu777 said:

It would be interesting to compare your result by Dr. Z and your brother's by Dr. P. They are the best doctors for high NW and of course Eugenix as well. 

Is he on this forum? Is he planning to post his result once he gets his procedure done by Dr. P?

My bro isn’t the type to post on a forum for hair loss but I’ll share some photos of him and share his story. 

On 2/6/2023 at 12:06 AM, Mohammad Hussen said:

I am not able to book a consultation on his website, I am willing to wait until 2026, do you have any idea how I can get into contact with him?

I would just keep sending messages on WhatsApp, email and calling the clinic. Gotta be persistent unfortunately. 

On 2/6/2023 at 3:16 PM, Wally West said:

Thanks so much for sharing!

My procedure is scheduled with Dr Zarev for early April. I have very similar hair/skin colour and characteristics to @mtbso this is so great to see!

I think you’ll be pleased. Please dm me if you want to chat further. I may have some helpful suggestions.

On 2/6/2023 at 7:20 PM, asterix0 said:

It is a combination of technique and concentration, tools used, and extreme attention to detail to make sure the donor extraction is completely homogenous. 

Yes, it’s a level of detail I didn’t see at other clinics. Not that they’re wrong, I just appreciated this very detailed approach. 

11 hours ago, Rafael Manelli said:

I respect how detailed his examination was in your consultation. The result looks promising.

do you have any photos of how you looked with the hair system?

Sure I’ll post a hair system photo below. 

Plus the plane on the way there and what I’m looking like now. I honestly don’t even remember what it’s like to have hair on top of my head. It was just so far beyond possible in my mind Instopped thinking about it 5-6 years ago. NW6 for the last 10-12 years. I mean I had the fake hair, which was fine for a time. But to have real hair there is just wild. 

CB47CCA5-8D66-4CBB-86CE-20F2A42FC1B1.jpeg

C1FD5BC7-7E79-4522-9341-54EDF9DA7FF0.jpeg

485E7F63-7109-423A-888E-3AE6EC920F0A.jpeg

1D25F230-9E18-4688-B59C-F3DFD62A55A8.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Wow 1
  • Well Done 1

Wow wow wow... this is just insane, 8300 grafts in 2 days and Dr Zarev doing all by himself! Can not wait to see your final result... Now wonder Dr Zarev is already giving appointments for 2025... Eager to see your evolution, this will be an amazing thread... thanks for sharing : )

5 hours ago, Z-- said:

Thanks mate. That is great money for value!

Actually it was 4 euros per graft with a quote of 6k grafts. When he did 8,300 he put the adjusted the price to to include 7k grafts at 4 euros per graft. He didn’t charge for every graft moved. Very gracious of him. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mtb said:

Actually it was 4 euros per graft with a quote of 6k grafts. When he did 8,300 he put the adjusted the price to to include 7k grafts at 4 euros per graft. He didn’t charge for every graft moved. Very gracious of him. 

Incredible. Both a stellar doctor and person. Congrats again man! 

Hmmm...   on avg. 25K per week gross...

His net net prob' 'round 10K per week after taxes.

Though I think Doc actually 'works' 60 hours per week (all-in 'research/reading/innovation/surgery/consults/office-staff training/et al).

So about $150-$175 per hour USD.

For Bulgaria cost of living, that is excellent.  He is top shelf and obviously very focused.

Edited by jjsrader

34 minutes ago, jjsrader said:

Though I think Doc actually 'works' 60 hours per week (all-in 'research/reading/innovation/surgery/consults/office-staff training/et al).

For Bulgaria cost of living, that is excellent.  He is top shelf and obviously very focused.

I'm pretty sure the tax rate in Bulgaria is 10%

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mrmane85 said:

I'm pretty sure the tax rate in Bulgaria is 10%

My bad - I thought they were 'all-in' w/the EU uber taxation (to a degree).

So, then BONUS  +$$$ for Dr. Zarev. 

It's an intense profession.

Edited by jjsrader

8 hours ago, jjsrader said:

7 hours ago, jjsrader said:

My bad - I thought they were 'all-in' w/the EU uber taxation (to a degree).

So, then BONUS  +$$$ for Dr. Zarev. 

It's an intense profession.

Very well deserved salary IMO, he's a genius.

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

1 month. The shed has started. I reckon 30%-40% of transplanted hairs have fallen out. Also, my shock loss is significant. Maybe 30-40%. But it’s a long game. I’m 8 months from my second surgery, maybe 16-18 months from final result. Thankfully I work from home so I’ve just been wearing hats. Also told my few coworkers so it wouldn’t be weird. 

7D76D978-6EFF-4C23-8BD4-182CDE2248B0.jpeg

BCA7BFF0-ECA0-4CA7-B238-23BCBF51890D.jpeg

9E0D227B-D7DB-4FDB-B716-8BDDEE61510F.jpeg

352B1184-01BF-46EA-ACEB-53BC577B401C.jpeg

51A128C2-21C3-4BB8-9188-D0E96E1E703B.jpeg

36EC9182-5B19-41E4-ACAC-F700206DB6A6.jpeg

A3D10FE9-C3EA-45A2-BDD0-F2EBF13F4E90.jpeg

Edited by mtb
  • Like 6

• Administrators

Everything looks right on track 👍🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 12/19/2022 at 4:26 PM, mtb said:

I’d like to share my experience with Dr. Zarev from Bulgaria. My procedure will take place in just a couple of weeks. I have spent the last 2 years doing extensive research on surgeons and after consulting with many top physicians in the world I feel that Dr. Zarev is the best surgeon in the world for FUE-scalp-only procedures for Norwood 6’s and 7’s.  

My journey through hair loss has been a long one. I started receding and thinning at age 18. I reached advance Norwood 5 status by about 27/28 years old. At that point I was about to take a blade to my scalp and move on with my life but happened upon a mail order hair system company and thought I’d give it a shot as a last ditch effort. Things worked out pretty well. Enough to keep me with hair until age 38 when I discovered clinics like Eugenix, Hasson and Wong, and others. At this point I have been a full blown NW6 for about 10 years now. To that point I had been told and assumed there would never be enough grafts to be extracted to cover my balding areas and have it look decent. However, there had been significant advancements in FUE procedures. I did consults with Drs Cooley, Shapiro, Keene, C***, H&W, ASMED, Eugenix, Civas, FUE Capilar. All of them were impressive. I’m sure I would have a great shot at a positive result with any of them.

But as my very last stop I decided to chat with Dr. Zarev. He only would give a consultation in person, so I flew to Bulgaria to be examined by him. I was absolutely impressed by the level of detailed analysis he performed in his consultation. The first step was a discussion of him asking questions about my history and my goals. This was extensive and I could tell he was very knowledgeable on the topics we discussed. The second step was his showing me many before/afters of patients with cases very similar to mine both in terms of donor and recipient area needs. He also showed me pictures of patients who were spectacular transformations, far greater that what I was in need of. The third step was the detailed analysis of my scalp: Many microcamera pictures, traditional camera pictures, hair line design, calculations for each part of my scalp, calculations for densities and so on. It was a very thorough consultation and I felt very confident in his abilities.

I felt a little hesitation because there were not many personal accounts of his patients. But a big thanks to @Hugo for sharing his journey. Also, I found four other guys who had excellent results with Dr. Zarev. They shared their experiences with me and I found that very helpful. Two were Bulgarian and one was Greek so not likely that they’d ever end up on this forum or any other English language forum. I also felt good that others in the greater transplant community had very positive things to say about Dr. Zarev. Matt Dominance, JT, etc.  

I’m scheduled to have 6,000 grafts in my first procedure and an additional 4,000 in another procedure 9 months from now. I’m looking forward to the journey and just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this forum who has been so helpful along my journey. I’ll be sure to post updates along the way.

This looks like some of the most impressive work I have seen.

You said two procedures are planned. But it seems your entire bald area was covered in the first procedure.

So what is the second for?

Provide density? I thought most doctors preferred to avoid planting grafts in between other tightly placed grafts - just like patients with diffuse thinning are usually not good candidates because planting in between existing grafts risks damaging them.

On 2/9/2023 at 7:29 PM, Z-- said:

This is cleanest post-OP I've ever seen for 5k+ grafts. Absolutely beautiful looking work. Are you comfortable sharing a price-per-graft ballpark?

Yes, I cannot think of a better looking post-op. It looks so dense and homogenous yet natural. Perfect.

20 hours ago, HugoX said:

Looks great, so similar to where I was at 1 month, I think month 1 and 2 were the worst shedding wise and look wise for me 😣, from month 3 just got better. 

@HugoX I've sort of turned off the waiting mentality and have stopped looking in there mirror 9 times a day. Ha. It'll happen when it happens. I'll be thrilled if I have as good of result as you at 3 months. Doctor Zarev said it may month 4 or 5 until I've got some strong looking result. 

19 hours ago, Xanadu said:

This looks like some of the most impressive work I have seen.

You said two procedures are planned. But it seems your entire bald area was covered in the first procedure.

So what is the second for?

Provide density? I thought most doctors preferred to avoid planting grafts in between other tightly placed grafts - just like patients with diffuse thinning are usually not good candidates because planting in between existing grafts risks damaging them.

@Xanadu Yes, it's two procedures. He aims to make the donor area and recipient area of homogenous density and coverage. At the moment my donor is more dense than my recipient. There is enough room in between my grafts for additional follicular units. He's only planning on another addition 2,000, so less than a quarter of what I had originally transplanted, which should be just fine. 

• Like 3

On 2/17/2023 at 6:18 PM, mtb said:

1 month. The shed has started. I reckon 30%-40% of transplanted hairs have fallen out. Also, my shock loss is significant. Maybe 30-40%. But it’s a long game. I’m 8 months from my second surgery, maybe 16-18 months from final result. Thankfully I work from home so I’ve just been wearing hats. Also told my few coworkers so it wouldn’t be weird. 

7D76D978-6EFF-4C23-8BD4-182CDE2248B0.jpeg

BCA7BFF0-ECA0-4CA7-B238-23BCBF51890D.jpeg

9E0D227B-D7DB-4FDB-B716-8BDDEE61510F.jpeg

352B1184-01BF-46EA-ACEB-53BC577B401C.jpeg

51A128C2-21C3-4BB8-9188-D0E96E1E703B.jpeg

36EC9182-5B19-41E4-ACAC-F700206DB6A6.jpeg

A3D10FE9-C3EA-45A2-BDD0-F2EBF13F4E90.jpeg

your donor area looks excellent considering it has some shock loss & over 8000 grafts taken out