Eugenix Journey- 9,132 grafts- NW6- Oct. 2022/Oct.2023

SLA

On 1/17/2023 at 4:00 AM, Italianhair said:

Good luck, I am sure you will be fine in a few months. Can I ask how much you paid  for your HT?

Hi @Italianhair- I chose the 120INR package offered by Eugenix. All pricing is reflected on their website.

1 hour ago, ZeeMan said:

Its all coming together @SLA, you can clearly see the framing of the face, looking great for 3 months.

Thanks @ZeeMan- I agree that the framing of the face and overall design looks excellent- the design with temple points looks better than when I had a hairline...All views look solid at this point outside of the top down view...which can be expected at this point in time- fingers crossed that improves :).

Thanks for the support! You are looking good for 2 months!

• Like 1

On 1/23/2023 at 6:42 PM, SLA said:

All views look solid at this point outside of the top down view...which can be expected at this point in time- fingers crossed that improves :).

Did you leave the crown for Phase 2 or full area was covered?

I am booked with Eugenix and targeting only hairline and  mid scalp in Phase 1… but still feel id its a goid decision or I should take the risk of poor donor and do all at once (scalp and beard donor)

2 hours ago, aaalan said:

Did you leave the crown for Phase 2 or full area was covered?

I am booked with Eugenix and targeting only hairline and  mid scalp in Phase 1… but still feel id its a goid decision or I should take the risk of poor donor and do all at once (scalp and beard donor)

Crown to be done in 2nd sitting although I’m happy they went deep into the mid scalp to cover vertex.

If I were you, I’d do the 2 stage approach, save crown for 2nd sitting unless you were blessed with extraordinary donor.

my philosophy is it took me a long time to lose the hair, so an extra year in a lifetime to get it back is nothing. Several years from now it will seem like ages ago!

24 minutes ago, SLA said:

Crown to be done in 2nd sitting although I’m happy they went deep into the mid scalp to cover vertex.

If I were you, I’d do the 2 stage approach, save crown for 2nd sitting unless you were blessed with extraordinary donor.

my philosophy is it took me a long time to lose the hair, so an extra year in a lifetime to get it back is nothing. Several years from now it will seem like ages ago!

Great point, thanks!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Month 4

Things are definitely shaping up as I am thrilled with the progress so far! Everything from the design (especially the cowlick) to the hair growth, to the way the beard hairs (1,200 grafts) blend with scalp (Thanks Doc). Even in harsh lighting, when things are a little more see-through, I'm still content as for me it looks like acceptable cosmetic density. For me, it also helps that I am 49 in that everything looks age appropriate and salt & pepper hair aids as well. 

HTs are an illusion of density and as I learned from @Zoomster, a long time ago, when he posted after his 1st HT, that you need to style properly and take time for length to grow to shingle on top of each other; that is exactly what is happening now.

Eugenix has built a reputation for serving high norwoods and I'm getting the impression that they know exactly where to add hair, and how much to add for those with advanced hair loss to build that illusion properly; it is the interior decorating that they seem to excel in to know what to put where and how much.

Since it has been years since I actually brushed hair (lol), it took me a little bit to figure out how exactly it is done, but I think I figured out the side part/diagonal back comb witnessed from illusion master @Melvin- Moderatoris the best look for face framing and coverage. Brushing hair has become my ultimate pleasure :). 

Hopefully, all will continue to improve. I see small hairs in the hairline that have recently popped.

So far, has this made a difference in my confidence and life satisfaction....Yes! One co-worker commented after 1 month "SLA, I love your new look" and most recently, "Your hair grows so fast!" I had a big chuckle inside thinking, "If she only knew!" I'll tell her one day.

If all goes well, I will return to Eugenix around the 1 year mark to fill in the ~25% left to be done in the crown.

Here are some photos to show the progress.

InkedMonth 4-1.jpg

InkedMonth 4-2.jpg

InkedMonth 4-3.jpg

InkedMonth 4-4.jpg

• Like 3

• Administrators

For 4 months, this is incredible 🤯E8655A5F-DF00-460C-BD85-06D77EE3A78F.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

Excellent for four months, The frame to your face was completely absent in the pre-op and it serves you very well

Thanks @mister_25- The frame of my whole scalp was missing too (LOL). I appreciate the comments and good vibes!

4 hours ago, SLA said:

Month 4

Things are definitely shaping up as I am thrilled with the progress so far! Everything from the design (especially the cowlick) to the hair growth, to the way the beard hairs (1,200 grafts) blend with scalp (Thanks Doc). Even in harsh lighting, when things are a little more see-through, I'm still content as for me it looks like acceptable cosmetic density. For me, it also helps that I am 49 in that everything looks age appropriate and salt & pepper hair aids as well. 

HTs are an illusion of density and as I learned from @Zoomster, a long time ago, when he posted after his 1st HT, that you need to style properly and take time for length to grow to shingle on top of each other; that is exactly what is happening now.

Eugenix has built a reputation for serving high norwoods and I'm getting the impression that they know exactly where to add hair, and how much to add for those with advanced hair loss to build that illusion properly; it is the interior decorating that they seem to excel in to know what to put where and how much.

Since it has been years since I actually brushed hair (lol), it took me a little bit to figure out how exactly it is done, but I think I figured out the side part/diagonal back comb witnessed from illusion master @Melvin- Moderatoris the best look for face framing and coverage. Brushing hair has become my ultimate pleasure :). 

Hopefully, all will continue to improve. I see small hairs in the hairline that have recently popped.

So far, has this made a difference in my confidence and life satisfaction....Yes! One co-worker commented after 1 month "SLA, I love your new look" and most recently, "Your hair grows so fast!" I had a big chuckle inside thinking, "If she only knew!" I'll tell her one day.

If all goes well, I will return to Eugenix around the 1 year mark to fill in the ~25% left to be done in the crown.

Here are some photos to show the progress.

InkedMonth 4-1.jpg

InkedMonth 4-2.jpg

InkedMonth 4-3.jpg

InkedMonth 4-4.jpg

Looking right on track for month#4, you are going to be brushing more and more, better buy more brushes :D

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ZeeMan said:

Looking right on track for month#4, you are going to be brushing more and more, better buy more brushes :D

May your predictions come true :) @ZeeMan! You are looking right on target yourself. Thanks for the support!

5 hours ago, Zoomster said:

Absolutely beautiful…..you’ve delicious hair characteristics dude ..probably worth around a 1K in your favour illusion wise over a fine straight hair like for like HT

Enjoy !!

Agreed Karl, between the natural wavy hair and cowlick, that is worth so much more for coverage. Perhaps it may save you from a 3rd procedure. 😉

Just add density and finish the crown and you are golden bro!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Niko1 said:

Looking good at 4 months in SLA ! This might just be a 1 and done Transplant, I’m very happy for you. 

Thanks @Niko1- I still have most of the crown in back untouched so there will definitely be at least 1 more. As you can see, they went deep into midscalp and touched into crown but I estimate that still have 20-25% left…or something like that.

Your journey has been an inspiration for me and wishing you well on this, your 4th HT…going to be icing on the cake! 

• Valued Contributor

@SLA four months is where it all starts and you are at that starting line with a huge advantage. The hairline is perfect IMHO and as others have said the characteristics of your hair allow for so much more in terms of coverage and density. The double cow lick is a work of art. The next uber moel who comes up to you asking for your number is in for a rude awakening when you can tell her, 'Pfff. I've had better!' 🤩😉💯

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Month 5

All I can say is that I am quite pleased and really didn't imagine my hair could look this full. I tried to adopt very realistic expectations with hopes of being surprised and I am indeed surprised! 

The illusion has gotten better since last months as hairs that have sprouted around the hairline have grown and the hair itself has grown longer. I have found that length and strategic styling is very important in achieving the best illusion of density.

I was in NYC this past weekend rehearsing with my 7-piece funk/rock band (hadn't seen the guys in 2 months) when one of the band members said, "SLA, your hair looks so good! What happened (he said perplexed)?" After joking with them for a minute about how my hair grew back, I told them all about the amazing clinic in New Delhi called Eugenix! When I told them, there was a slight feeling of insecurity/nervousness about opening up and being judged, but there was none of that. They were amazed at how all of this was achievable and a couple of them who are thinning/balding started to open up about their hair loss and I educated them about treatments, etc.

Looking forward to seeing what the next months bring, but dare I say that if this was what it looked like at month 12, I would be smiling ear to ear. 

Hair greed is a real thing for sure and if all continues well, my goal is to return to India towards the end of the year for the crown.

Tried to capture a few photos in slightly different lighting...

Thanks again to this forum and all the 'guinea pigs' that have gone before me and for all the support along the way. 

5 months- Inked.jpg

5 months-1 Inked.jpg

5 months- 2 Inked.jpg

5 months- 3 Inked.jpg

5 months- 4 Inked.jpg

5 months- 5 Inked.jpg

• Like 4

• Administrators

@SLA

You’ve been such a delightful member. I’m thrilled to see you get such excellent results. So happy for you bro

D852DC79-46CE-421C-AC6E-E92EDFC4F2BB.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Well Done 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

59 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

@SLA

You’ve been such a delightful member. I’m thrilled to see you get such excellent results. So happy for you bro

D852DC79-46CE-421C-AC6E-E92EDFC4F2BB.jpeg

Thanks @Melvin- Moderator- I’ll say it again that I wouldn’t be where I am with the HT without you and this forum

• Like 1