Eugenix Journey- 9,132 grafts- NW6- Oct. 2022/Oct.2023

SLA

3 hours ago, SLA said:

1 Month

I actually kind of like the look with the buzz cut/shaved head and even though the grafts have yet to grow/mature, I am definitely enjoying having hair on the head and the way the hairline frames my face.

It's a good hair style for you, making it hard to notice the difference in density between donor and balding areas.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AB2000 said:

It's a good hair style for you, making it hard to notice the difference in density between donor and balding areas.

Appreciate it @AB2000- Of course, fingers crossed it all grows well, I will keep the sides around the current length and grow top long ~4 inches or so to maximize fullness and take advantage of my hair which is curly when grown...at least that is the plan for now :)

3 hours ago, SLA said:

1 Month

I can hardly believe that it has been 1 month since I left the chair in the Eugenix operating theater (BTW- I love how they use the term 'theater'- in the US, we use the more mundane, 'room') after receiving 5,484 grafts (1,200 beard) to cover the front/deep into the mid-scalp/temple points. 

Things seem to be growing as expected and I have not had any significant shedding...YET. I could be one of the fortunate few who do not experience much shedding, or perhaps the fall has yet to occur.

Donor is recovering nicely and I love the design work by Dr. Pradeep. I am confident that the other docs including Dr. Arika and Dr. Das would have also created an excellent design, although the artistry may have differed ever so slightly.

I actually kind of like the look with the buzz cut/shaved head and even though the grafts have yet to grow/mature, I am definitely enjoying having hair on the head and the way the hairline frames my face.

As a reminder- I take oral finasteride- 1mg/daily and oral minoxidil- 2.5mg/daily.

I hope this serves to benefit all in their decision making and HT knowledge.

I'll be back in a month to report my month #2 status.

I will be back for month #2 updates937450679_1month-2forumpost.PNG.eec176b0c1927a84a44a7a0d1b6e884f.PNG368567149_1MonthForumPost.PNG.f289f41f0f602026e17b863a6df08cc6.PNG1184238022_1month-1ForumPost.thumb.jpg.a97224b12ea02d95337da1775422d088.jpg1264291411_1Month-3forumpost.PNG.d0257cc30364dad9ad067b4f53cb8ef1.PNG1235486526_1month-4forumpost.PNG.73d782e7e5114e0b5760f2aa7696d45a.PNG

Very early, but looks good. Good luck

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2022 at 5:05 PM, SLA said:

1 Month

I can hardly believe that it has been 1 month since I left the chair in the Eugenix operating theater (BTW- I love how they use the term 'theater'- in the US, we use the more mundane, 'room') after receiving 5,484 grafts (1,200 beard) to cover the front/deep into the mid-scalp/temple points. 

Things seem to be growing as expected and I have not had any significant shedding...YET. I could be one of the fortunate few who do not experience much shedding, or perhaps the fall has yet to occur.

Donor is recovering nicely and I love the design work by Dr. Pradeep. I am confident that the other docs including Dr. Arika and Dr. Das would have also created an excellent design, although the artistry may have differed ever so slightly.

As a reminder- I take oral finasteride- 1mg/daily and oral minoxidil- 2.5mg/daily.

I hope this serves to benefit all in their decision making and HT knowledge.

I'll be back in a month to report my month #2 status.

I will be back for month #2 updates937450679_1month-2forumpost.PNG.eec176b0c1927a84a44a7a0d1b6e884f.PNG368567149_1MonthForumPost.PNG.f289f41f0f602026e17b863a6df08cc6.PNG1184238022_1month-1ForumPost.thumb.jpg.a97224b12ea02d95337da1775422d088.jpg1264291411_1Month-3forumpost.PNG.d0257cc30364dad9ad067b4f53cb8ef1.PNG1235486526_1month-4forumpost.PNG.73d782e7e5114e0b5760f2aa7696d45a.PNG

I want to follow your case. Looks promising and the change could be great! Keep updating please. And thanks for sharing 😉

5 hours ago, Zinedine said:

I want to follow your case. Looks promising and the change could be great! Keep updating please. And thanks for sharing 😉

Thanks @Zinedine- my hair is on the fine side so hoping the curl, number of grafts and salt and pepper color makes up for it!

34 minutes ago, ZeeMan said:

@SLA Great set of videos from you on the Eugenix YouTube channel, thanks for sharing with us, looks like you and the rest of the gang had some fun times while getting NW0 hairlines :D

Haha...yes, I wouldn't say NW0, but definitely I think fairly aggressive for my level of hair loss. I questioned the docs quite a bit about the height of the hairline, not wanting a bare mid-scalp and nothing left for the crown. I was told that I would be fine and my hair naturally falls around 7cm above the glabella, and my skull narrows so I can 'afford' a lower hairline- a peak so to speak. I think there is a segment in the longer video in which I am talking with Dr. Pradeep about this.

I think the aggressive temple points make the hairline look even lower than actuality.

I still have my doubts about the fullness I can achieve, especially with my fine caliber hair and limited donor- nothing I can do about it now, but hope for the best- say a prayer for me @ZeeMan- LOL.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Month 2

Finally, 2 months have passed. As you can see, thus far, my shedding has been pretty light. While during an offline conversation, @Zoomstersaid he thinks that I have actually shed up to 50%, I am speculating that it isn’t quite that much and more in the ~20-30% range…it is so hard to really tell 😊. I do hope that Zoomster is correct!

While the donor (especially on one side) is looking a little ‘spacey’, I am not concerned- it could be either a little shock loss (I have seen similar with many on this forum), my hair curling (I have curly hair) when it gets a little longer or my donor not being super robust- I am confident that it will either bounce back over the months; otherwise, I have seen that buzzing the donor shorter looks better (my donor looked better at month 1), AND taking out more hair from the donor during a 2nd procedure creates more of a homogenous depletion ironically leaving the donor actually looking better (@Zoomster and @Melvin- Moderator are classic examples). Finally, there is always SMP to the donor as a last resort.

For 2 months, I am super pleased- my wife is amazed by how natural it looks and how much younger I already appear. It was also fun to have a 20 something attractive female colleague, who has no idea about the procedure, say to me, “I’ve got to say how much I am digging your new look!” Most importantly, I am starting to like looking in the mirror (although I limit myself, so I don’t begin to overanalyze which is very easy to do).

I am hoping for continued growth and fullness in the coming months.

I’ll report back at month 3.

InkedMonth 2- 3.jpg

Month 2- 1.jpg

Month 2- 2.jpg

Month 2-.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good for 2-months @SLA. Yes, we all think we are losing less than its actually shedding, I'm in the same boat. How is the redness, has it gone?

Shedding is actually good, so the new hair can grow faster. Thanks for sharing and looking for to the next update. Happy Holidays and happy growing!

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@SLA I personally found two months to be the worst point in the journey. For two months you are looking great. I had an extremely compromised donor to begin with and it felt very patchy just from the scalp grafts required. Even so it has bounced back 10 fold. In another two months you will not know yourself! Thanks for sharing and happy growing! 👌

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZeeMan said:

Looking good for 2-months @SLA. Yes, we all think we are losing less than its actually shedding, I'm in the same boat. How is the redness, has it gone?

Shedding is actually good, so the new hair can grow faster. Thanks for sharing and looking for to the next update. Happy Holidays and happy growing!

Hi @ZeeMan- Good points about the shedding. It happens so mysteriously that one doesn't see it.

Redness is there ever so slightly around the front hairline and temple points, but has faded significantly and is not noticeable (I think) to anyone but myself :).

I've been mostly steering clear of the forum for these early months to help me from comparing myself to others- basically to keep me sane- I will have to check out your thread- happy growing to you and a happy and hairy new year!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

@SLA I personally found two months to be the worst point in the journey. For two months you are looking great. I had an extremely compromised donor to begin with and it felt very patchy just from the scalp grafts required. Even so it has bounced back 10 fold. In another two months you will not know yourself! Thanks for sharing and happy growing! 👌

I certainly hope so @Gatsby- Your journey has been nothing short of remarkable! It has been great getting to know you through this special forum. Happy growing to all of us!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SLA said:

Hi @ZeeMan- Good points about the shedding. It happens so mysteriously that one doesn't see it.

Redness is there ever so slightly around the front hairline and temple points, but has faded significantly and is not noticeable (I think) to anyone but myself :).

I've been mostly steering clear of the forum for these early months to help me from comparing myself to others- basically to keep me sane- I will have to check out your thread- happy growing to you and a happy and hairy new year!!!

It's definitely going to be a Hairy 2023 for all of us :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BaldingEye said:

Sla,

Thanks for all the details and sharing great photos. 
Challenging case here for Eugenix but everything looking good so far. And the change will be great. Also, using those 1200 BHT grafts will add up.

Time to be patient! 

Thanks for your support, @BaldingEye!

22 minutes ago, Jackdaniels said:

Good luck with your hair transplant. Eugenix is really good choice for higher norwoods. Which package did you select ? 

Hi @Jackdaniels- Thanks for the vote of confidence. I chose the 120INR package with Dr. Das, however, due to a conflict in scheduling, Dr. Pradeep did my design and slits.

Dr. Das is very competent and I believe can achieve excellent results as evidenced by other on the forum.

• 4 weeks later...

The work looks really good. Eugenix hair sciences are some of the best in business. very impressive what they're able to achieve. I look forward to seeing how you progress over the coming months. Kindly keep the forum updated as it helps prospective patients when choosing providers! 

• Like 1

Hi Everyone- Here are 3 month photos. So far so good... Of course, hoping for more coverage on top. I know it is VERY early and for 3 months I am looking very dense, however, I hear that lots of patients develop 'density anxiety', to which I can definitely relate. 

It is tricky in that although I know that I experienced some shed, I'm pretty sure it has been fairly minimal (although who really knows), so the question becomes how many more grafts have yet to 'pop'. The doc assured me that I will experience a lot more coverage over the coming months.

Also worth mentioning that being nearly 50 is helpful in that a diffuse thinning look is age appropriate. I think if I were 30 and this is the amount of density which I could expect, I wouldn't be happy. Again, I know that I am ONLY 3 months in and should experience a lot more growth, even sheer growth in length of the hair in coming months on top should give an even greater appearance of fullness.

I'm cautiously optimistic by nature, which is reflected in this post :). 

Finally, I went to the barber yesterday who buzzed the sides to a 5 guard in most places and a 4 guard around ears and temple points. Cutting the sides has contributed A LOT to the illusion of density. I'll likely buzz sides even shorter in the coming months.

Respectfully and cautiously optimistically- SLA 

3 month forum post edited.PNG

3 month forum post edited 1.PNG

3- month forum post 1.jpg

3 month forum post 2.jpg

3 months- forum post.jpg

• Like 1