Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Square1 said:

Although several experiments have taken place, any hard data on the efficacy of vp is unfortunately not yet present. It might be my autistic fixation on numbers, but I think that having these would go a long way in getting the movement ahead. Pictures can be very helpful, but also misleading due to things like lighting, angles etc and are therefore a lower form of evidence.

If a reputable doc would find that a donor area has 80 grafts per cm2, from which 30 were removed and the part that was tested with vp contains 65 grafts /cm2 while the untreated area consistantly has 50 grafts /cm2, it becomes really hard to ignore the regeneration, especially if the following studies confirm that finding. 

Given that your organisation donated a capable device for this to dr. Barghouthi, you must have some credit in the bank to at least ask him what the plans are, right? Especially since he also got funds from the community to do such an experiment.

That such information is only shared with those who have contributed something is understandable and logical. 

Dr. Barghouthi literally did a biopsy that showed double the hair in the treatment than control region. Why do people keep forgetting this lol? 

Yes, I can ask him if I’d like, but if he wants things to be kept private, I will keep it private. The community has brought this on themselves by constantly complaining and now he probably isn’t comfortable posting because of this.  

I wish people did more useful things such as volunteer as a patient, help fundraise, etc, but as you said, if people do nothing, they are not entitled to any information. 

Edited by Fox243
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fox243 said:

Dr. Barghouthi literally did a biopsy that showed double the hair in the treatment than control region. Why do people keep forgetting this lol? 

Yes, I can ask him if I’d like, but if he wants things to be kept private, I will keep it private. The community has brought this on themselves by constantly complaining and now he probably isn’t comfortable posting because of this.  

I wish people did more useful things such as volunteer as a patient, help fundraise, etc, but as you said, if people do nothing, they are not entitled to any information. 

More people will volunteer if some data is disclosed about efficacy and safety. 

People will be willing to donate if some time scale/ goal and objective is given by the doctors.

Edit: I am personally waiting for Dr Bloxham's FUT trial results. If it leads to significantly less scarring then I will call that a win.

Edited by bigmistake

1 hour ago, Fox243 said:

Agreed, tbh I'd love to volunteer as a patient if I was a little older and had the finances to travel haha

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Worker1212 said:

Agreed, tbh I'd love to volunteer as a patient if I was a little older and had the finances to travel haha

I think if we were more supportive it would make a difference too. Like you said he did a biopsy and ordered the device. 

Let's focus on the positives and get back to trying to raise awareness, bring doctors on board and positively engage in support of this. 

I know it's something we can do. 

• Like 2

I've booked a HT with Dr De Freitas, and already made him / his team aware of this thread. To which he responded thank you very much for sending this through.

I think there are plenty of surgeons that aren't aware of this research / thread.

Everyone should contact a previous surgeon that you've visited / clinic that you're intending to have a procedure with and make them aware. 

• Like 3

In my opinion, Verteporfin would be a real breakthrough only if it regrows hair.
Thing is, for scarring, it has been shown that transplanting body hair into scars improve the appearance of it but also (and I think there was a study on it) literally start "healing" the scar, which behave like "normal" skin again.

Now, sure, this means going for a hair transplant again etc compared to Verteporfin leading to a scarless surgery, but you would have the benefit to, at least, have hair, even if it doesn't grow long (if it's body hair).

This is crucial for Verteporfin to regrow hair if we want to call it a near cure for hair loss.

By the way, I cancelled my surgery with Dr Pittella to wait for Verteporfin. I was ready to volunteer to be part of the trial but it seemed that he, logically, preferred someone from Brazil to have constant check ups. He didn't say that to me, I read it somewhere here.

I still want to go have my surgery with him or Dr Zarev, but I will not go until we know whether this drug work on regrowing hair.

But there is something we also need to realize. If this works, there is no more "it factor", if I may say, for guys like Pittella, Zarev, or Ahmad.

Any decent surgeon could be able to achieve a good results. That would definitely impact some great surgeons. I'm not saying it's good, or bad.

I'm just saying.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I will make a big announcement regarding Dr. Bisanga. EXCITING!! Stay Tuned.

Dr. Pittella hasn't lost interest. He cannot get Verteporfin in Brazil. The government is strict on human trials. You need to perform them in a hospital setting with many participants. As for Dr. Mohebi. I would probably categorize him in the no longer interested category. 

• Like 3
  • Wow 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I will make a big announcement regarding Dr. Bisanga. EXCITING!! Stay Tuned.

Dr. Pittella hasn't lost interest. He cannot get Verteporfin in Brazil. The government is strict on human trials. You need to perform them in a hospital setting with many participants. As for Dr. Mohebi. I would probably categorize him in the no longer interested category. 

Bisanga is Top ! Especially when it comes to repairs. It would be huge step forward if he joins the game !

15 hours ago, Fox243 said:

Dr. Barghouthi is more than that. If he has an update he will make it here. He probably doesn't have time/doesn't want to communicate that often because of some negativity but once he did a trial he will update us and once again become everyone's favorite doctor. 

• Administrators

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Melvin, Dr Bloxham did not do trichophetic closure. He clearly mentioned this is his video. Maybe Dr Bisanga will take verteporfin more seriously after listening to this.

Edited by bigmistake

Awesome news about dr. Bisanga and thanks to Melvin again to convince him. Like Melvin pointed out, is it good that he is a sceptic so any eventual positive findings won´t be met with the criticism that he is basically  a fanboy. Also, is it clear that he has nothing to gain from this research since he already is a world class surgeon with presumably the income that comes with it. 

Interesting ideas as well on how to test the efficacy of vp. Not just photos or hair counts, but advanced tracking and matches techniques. Sounds interesting. With such a protocol, any eventual findings will be taken very seriously I think.

I only hope he doesn't run into problems or loss of motivation since he doesn't seem super excited to do it. 

Good development though. If funding becomes a problem for this one, I am inclined to chip in. If that is the sticking point for the dr. Mohebi trial, the same applies. 

• Administrators
13 hours ago, bigmistake said:

Melvin, Dr Bloxham did not do trichophetic closure. He clearly mentioned this is his video. Maybe Dr Bisanga will take verteporfin more seriously after listening to this.

I didn’t say he did trichophetic closure. Dr. Bisanga said it could be due to the type of closure. I said it was the same closure. He then said that sometimes how the skin overlaps one side of the strip can have hair growing through it. The pictures didn’t do anything for him. To be fair, the results on strip aren’t impressive. I think Verteporfin might be better on smaller punches like FUE

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Square1 said:

Awesome news about dr. Bisanga and thanks to Melvin again to convince him. Like Melvin pointed out, is it good that he is a sceptic so any eventual positive findings won´t be met with the criticism that he is basically  a fanboy. Also, is it clear that he has nothing to gain from this research since he already is a world class surgeon with presumably the income that comes with it. 

Interesting ideas as well on how to test the efficacy of vp. Not just photos or hair counts, but advanced tracking and matches techniques. Sounds interesting. With such a protocol, any eventual findings will be taken very seriously I think.

I only hope he doesn't run into problems or loss of motivation since he doesn't seem super excited to do it. 

Good development though. If funding becomes a problem for this one, I am inclined to chip in. If that is the sticking point for the dr. Mohebi trial, the same applies. 

The problem isn’t funding. It’s usually time. Running a trial like this requires a lot of time to do something that won’t bring any income. 

I spoke to Dr. Ferreira who invited @DrTBarghouthi to speak at the WFI conference. Hopefully, this will generate more interest. Lesser known surgeons may be more inclined to do it because they’re not as busy. Known surgeons usually have a long wait list. The time I feel is what prevents them from following through.

• Like 2

View my thread

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

The problem isn’t funding. It’s usually time. Running a trial like this requires a lot of time to do something that won’t bring any income. 

I spoke to Dr. Ferreira who invited @DrTBarghouthi to speak at the WFI conference. Hopefully, this will generate more interest. Lesser known surgeons may be more inclined to do it because they’re not as busy. Known surgeons usually have a long wait list. The time I feel is what prevents them from following through.

thank you for the explanation, that definitely makes sense

for lesser known surgeons verteporfin could be more interesting because regardless of outcome it could give them a publicity boost

so if people here wanna do something the best probably would be to make less well known surgeons aware of verteporfin and the potential benefits for their business

Edited by mr_peanutbutter
  • Like 2

Hi guys,

Apologies for the silence. We just finished an FUE case and injected 4 different doses of Verteporfin in specific areas of the mid scalp in order to be able to go back to the exact spots. We used SMP around the areas extracted but also measured precisely the location of each of the spots. The dosages used were: 0.4 mg, 0.6, 0.8 and 1 mg. Photos were taken using the Tricholab system. Will update and share shortly. Happy to hear about all the updates from the community and @Melvin- Admin

Edited by DrTBarghouthi
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

2 minutes ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys,

Apologies for the silence. We just finished an FUE case and injected 4 different doses of Verteporfin in specific areas of the mid scalp in order to be able to go back to the exact spots. We used SMP around the areas extracted but also measured precisely the location of each of the spots. The dosages used were: 0.4 mg, 0.6, 0.8 and 1 mg. Photos were taken using the Tricholab system. Will update and share shortly. Happy to hear about all the updates from the committee and @Melvin- Admin

GOAT

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

How much time for 1 patient do you estimate this amounts to?

If there is a fundraiser to pay the surgeon for these hours and for the verteporfin itself, while a regular patient that agrees to vp-usage pays for the procedure itself, what argument would potentially be nullified right?

33 minutes ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys,

Apologies for the silence. We just finished an FUE case and injected 4 different doses of Verteporfin in specific areas of the mid scalp in order to be able to go back to the exact spots. We used SMP around the areas extracted but also measured precisely the location of each of the spots. The dosages used were: 0.4 mg, 0.6, 0.8 and 1 mg. Photos were taken using the Tricholab system. Will update and share shortly. Happy to hear about all the updates from the community and @Melvin- Admin

Mid scalp ? 🤔

On 3/19/2024 at 4:50 AM, damnyoudht said:

I've booked a HT with Dr De Freitas, and already made him / his team aware of this thread. To which he responded thank you very much for sending this through.

I think there are plenty of surgeons that aren't aware of this research / thread.

Everyone should contact a previous surgeon that you've visited / clinic that you're intending to have a procedure with and make them aware. 

Looking forward to it on how the restoration goes, am looking to contact him for this as well for the procedure.

1 hour ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys,

Thanks for the update! Am curious about whether you injected the donor with verteporfin as well, as that is what the theory has at least shown should work. 

6 minutes ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Sorry for the confusion. I meant the mid part of the donor area scalp. 

Were there any quantitative measurements of hairs/cm^2 before and after extraction so that new measurements can be taken after it has had time to regenerate or not so we can measure explicitly regeneration amounts?

Anyways, this is it lads. We'll finally know whether it works or not. No matter the end result, I'd like to commend Dr. Barghouthi for at least trying this out, spending hundreds of hours researching, learning how to use the trichoscope, and performing this procedure. One day, one way or the other, be it verteporfin or something else, only through courageous experiments like this will we find the cure.

• Like 10