Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Killian said:

Some areas show improvement, other areas less so. There are a few hair coming in on the scar tissue regions, but these are just emerging and can be seen as short/stubby or some fine in calibre. Only time will tell. 

I stand by my original expectation of a mixed matrix with fibrous tissue/skin appendeges. 

20240504_205655.thumb.jpg.afa12fad99bfc4de43c747a26ab85e6c.jpg20240504_210623.thumb.jpg.b573e587875dfb73b0755c83f3caff28.jpg

Thanks for the update. 

Given the length of hair at the sides I am guessing your observation is based upon the FUT scar. Not the surrounding FUE sites considering they would be near impossible to trace with said hair length and surrounding density. 

It looks like your result is somewhat inline with Dr Bloxham's cases at 5 months, which indicates there is some consistency with Verteporfin reactions - signs of normal skin appendage with dotted hairs in between scarring. 

Remember, you still have at least another 12 months + of likely improvement. 

For FUT I think this is great as it will allow people to have their hair at a shorter length at the sides. 

If the results on Dr Barghouthi's FUE patient are indictive of an average result (0.4 dose), then it will be a surgical cure. 

Remember, you can also go back and revise the site in the fibrotic area, for both FUT and FUE

Edited by Dragonsphere

• Administrators

With Dr. Behnam agreeing to do it locally here in LA and purchasing it. I’ve agreed to film the process and monthly updates. Is that something you guys would prefer?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

With Dr. Behnam agreeing to do it locally here in LA and purchasing it. I’ve agreed to film the process and monthly updates. Is that something you guys would prefer?

That would be amazing. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dragonsphere said:

Thanks for the update. 

Given the length of hair at the sides I am guessing your observation is based upon the FUT scar. Not the surrounding FUE sites considering they would be near impossible to trace with said hair length and surrounding density. 

It looks like your result is somewhat inline with Dr Bloxham's cases at 5 months, which indicates there is some consistency with VT results - signs of normal skin appendage with dotted hairs in between scarring. 

Remember, you still probably have at least another 12 months + of likely improvement. 

For FUT I think this is great as it will allow people to have their hair at a shorter length at the sides. 

If the results on Dr Barghouthi's FUE patient are indictive of an average result (0.4 dose), then it will be a surgical cure. 

Remember, you can also go back and revise the site in the fibrotic area, for both FUT and FUE

I am reluctant to go into this but I said look I'll post. 

I would not make any assumptions, especially as these are theoretical and I do not want people to get ahead of themselves and raise hopes. 

Please let us wait till month 5. I don't want to see projections written as to what's possible from this post. I don't mind chiming in with updates, but no projections based on what I post please 🙏 

• Like 3

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

That would be amazing. 

I would like to get Dr. Ted, Barghouthi andnl Behnam all on board to start simultaneously. That way there could be a multicenter study. 

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

10 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I would like to get Dr. Ted, Barghouthi andnl Behnam all on board to start simultaneously. That way there could be a multicenter study. 

That would be interesting. I hope there's enough collaboration to make sure we are not being redundant across experiments, while also making sure we get enough of a sample size to account for patients who might just be outliers. 

14 minutes ago, Killian said:

I am reluctant to go into this but I said look I'll post. 

I would not make any assumptions, especially as these are theoretical and I do not want people to get ahead of themselves and raise hopes. 

Please let us wait till month 5. I don't want to see projections written as to what's possible from this post. I don't mind chiming in with updates, but no projections based on what I post please 🙏 

appreciate the update Killian!

Any chance of getting Dr Zarev to try verteporfin.  His tool he uses for removing the donor follicles leaves the smallest wound I have ever seen.  If he added verteporfin to the donor area to get donor regrowth it would be a cure .

• Like 1

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

That would be interesting. I hope there's enough collaboration to make sure we are not being redundant across experiments, while also making sure we get enough of a sample size to account for patients who might just be outliers. 

The most important thing as mentioned by Dr. Bisanga is to lower variables. That can only be done by collaborating. 

• Like 4

View my thread

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Rick Jackson said:

If he added verteporfin to the donor area to get donor regrowth it would be a cure .

Honestly… a lot of people in this thread need to calm down and massively lower their expectations. 

We have no idea if verteporfin will work in the way we hope it will yet, let alone to the levels required to start talking about “cures” and “limitless donor areas”.

We have a tiny, tiny amount of encouraging evidence that warrants further investigation in both human and non-human animal cases. And that’s about where we are - no further. 

It’s going to take a long time before we know with any certainty if there are testable and demonstrable benefits from using vert in HT patients, and an even longer way away from widespread adoption among surgeons. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Honestly… a lot of people in this thread need to calm down and massively lower their expectations. 

We have no idea if verteporfin will work in the way we hope it will yet, let alone to the levels required to start talking about “cures” and “limitless donor areas”.

We have a tiny, tiny amount of encouraging evidence that warrants further investigation in both human and non-human animal cases. And that’s about where we are - no further. 

It’s going to take a long time before we know with any certainty if there are testable and demonstrable benefits from using vert in HT patients, and an even longer way away from widespread adoption among surgeons. 

The results from the trials will speak for themselves. Having very high or very low expectations won't change anything.

Edited by LandWhale
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, LandWhale said:

The result from the trials will speak for themselves. Having very high or very low expectations won't change anything.

yeah and tbh there's no reason to downplay this either. Although we only have a small amount of evidence, the evidence has been rock solid. When I asked ChatGPT: "tell me the hair count per sq cm in the left vs the right box" for Dr. Barghouthi's trial, it replied:

"From the provided image, estimating the exact density of hairs numerically can be challenging without precise measurement tools or references. However, I can offer a rough visual assessment: Left Box: The hairs appear more sparsely spaced. If we approximate by visually inspecting the area, there might be about 40-60 hairs per square centimeter, noting significant areas of skin showing through. Right Box: This area shows a higher density with less visible skin. The density could be roughly estimated at around 80-100 hairs per square centimeter."

The left box was the control and right box was the 0.4 mg test. 

Of course, I want to see more trials to confirm this and make sure it wasn't just a hyper-responder, but it's safe to say, this is the most promising drug since finasteride was introduced.

Edited by Fox243
  • Like 5

On 4/5/2024 at 23:06, Rick Jackson said:

C'è qualche possibilità di convincere il dottor Zarev a provare la verteporfina. Lo strumento che usa per rimuovere i follicoli del donatore lascia la ferita più piccola che abbia mai visto. Se aggiungesse verteporfina all'area donatrice per favorirne la ricrescita, sarebbe una cura.

Zarev has no interest in using Vetrofilina

• Administrators

Yes, I think this topic of getting Zarev to use it is useless. He has ZERO interest. 

View my thread

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 12:36 AM, Melvin- Admin said:

Yes, I think this topic of getting Zarev to use it is useless. He has ZERO interest. 

I asked him out of curiosity during my consult last year, and he simply replied that it wasn't proven efficient sadly and yea no need for it haha !

Edited by MC117

On 5/4/2024 at 11:06 PM, Rick Jackson said:

Any chance of getting Dr Zarev to try verteporfin.  His tool he uses for removing the donor follicles leaves the smallest wound I have ever seen.  If he added verteporfin to the donor area to get donor regrowth it would be a cure .

I think asking him after the the trials are done would be better

19 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

After we have some proven success it would make more sense. I'm waiting to get a hair transplant for the results of vert, and I think if it's successfully advanced cases and guys with weak donars will care allot

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

After we have some proven success it would make more sense. I'm waiting to get a hair transplant for the results of vert, and I think if it's successfully advanced cases and guys with weak donars will care allot

It makes more sense to approach surgeons that are interested. He is not, so pestering him is not a good idea. 

View my thread

17 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

It makes more sense to approach surgeons that are interested. He is not, so pestering him is not a good idea. 

I mean at the point where it's something patients request as part of their hair transplant.

• Administrators
21 hours ago, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

I mean at the point where it's something patients request as part of their hair transplant.

He is not going to do it, he’s already said this multiple times. If you choose surgery with him, he will perform his technique, but will not be a part of any clinical trial or experimental treatment. He’s said this now ad nauseam. 

View my thread

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Nikoni said:

@Melvin- Admin do you know if Dr. Barghouthi's speech at workshop regarding verteporfin will be published ?

Hope he will have good updates.

Unfortunately, it will not be published. The WFI is an event specifically for surgeons.

View my thread

2 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

He is not going to do it, he’s already said this multiple times. If you choose surgery with him, he will perform his technique, but will not be a part of any clinical trial or experimental treatment. He’s said this now ad nauseam. 

I get that I mean when it's more accepted.

Personally I'll only go to a doctor who does vert but I want to wait around a year to the technique is more finished. So hopefully around then we'll see.