Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

Im at Dr. Behnams office today talking about a potential a Verteporfin trial. Should I do an instagram live?

• Like 6

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

26 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Im at Dr. Behnams office today talking about a potential a Verteporfin trial. Should I do an instagram live?

@Melvin- Admin you go above and beyond to push this forward, thank you !

Also given your authority in hair restoration field, would you consider contacting Dr. Bloxham to know if we should expect updates ? It's been 9+ months.

• Like 1

@Melvin- Admin that would be great thanks for you great work talking and pushing doctors to try this.

what about second @DrTBarghouthi trial, didn't he said he would schedule two trial patients? is there any schedule for next one and what will be different? can include recipient area and see if it reduces redness and shockloss after HT or hair regrowth without HT? also in donor doing bigger areas like half left donor with verteporfin half right donor without would be nice to compare more visual result for patients and if it is worth.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, xhomer said:

@Melvin- Admin that would be great thanks for you great work talking and pushing doctors to try this.

what about second @DrTBarghouthi trial, didn't he said he would schedule two trial patients? is there any schedule for next one and what will be different? can include recipient area and see if it reduces redness and shockloss after HT or hair regrowth without HT? also in donor doing bigger areas like half left donor with verteporfin half right donor without would be nice to compare more visual result for patients and if it is worth.

@DrTBarghouthi has some news. I will let him announce it. But it’s great news.

• Like 7
  • Wow 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Bloxham really needs to stop saying he will do monthly updates lol. It’s every video and it never happens. It’s been 3 months since the last update.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Dragonsphere said:

About the current trial, something else or both? 😁

Both, I can’t speak until it’s finalized. 

• Like 2

View my thread

3 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Both, I can’t speak until it’s finalized. 

thank you Melvin, any anticipation when Dr. Barghouthi will update us ?
After your words I check the forum hourly like crazy :D

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, sansi said:

thank you Melvin, any anticipation when Dr. Barghouthi will update us ?
After your words I check the forum hourly like crazy :D

It may be a week or so, so no need to check the forum for a while 😅

View my thread

Hi guys,

Hope you’re all having a lovely weekend. Just few updates regarding the last trial and some other issues.

1. The patient came back for his monthly follow up. He is doing well in general. The hair was quite long so the photos weren't showing the areas clearly but I did take photos and it shows typical FUE healing although I did feel them to be slower than surrounding ones (similar to how they behaved in the first trial). They still looked red and demarcated, while in other areas -where No Verteporfin was injected- they started to look like typical scarred tissue. I have asked him to come back so we can clip the donor again sometime this week or next week. He just has some event he needs to attend prior to shaving it again. I will take more photos when he gets back so I can share them. I think clipped hair will show the areas better. 

2. I am invited to present about Verteporfin in the upcoming WFI workshop in May. Hopefully this will spark more interest in further studies with colleagues. 

3. I am considering another trial mostly regarding old FUE scar extraction. 

4. I’m also glad to share that I will be doing consultations and performing surgeries on a regular part- basis at the Westminister Medical Group in Harley street-London. 

Thank you again for all the feedback 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Posted (edited)

Very exciting news!

If it's effective in old FUE scars, it should also work in the recipient area, as well as providing an unlimited donor supply

Edited by LandWhale
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys,

Hope you’re all having a lovely weekend. Just few updates regarding the last trial and some other issues.

1. The patient came back for his monthly follow up. He is doing well in general. The hair was quite long so the photos weren't showing the areas clearly but I did take photos and it shows typical FUE healing although I did feel them to be slower than surrounding ones (similar to how they behaved in the first trial). They still looked red and demarcated, while in other areas -where No Verteporfin was injected- they started to look like typical scarred tissue. I have asked him to come back so we can clip the donor again sometime this week or next week. He just has some event he needs to attend prior to shaving it again. I will take more photos when he gets back so I can share them. I think clipped hair will show the areas better. 

2. I am invited to present about Verteporfin in the upcoming WFI workshop in May. Hopefully this will spark more interest in further studies with colleagues. 

4. I’m also glad to share that I will be doing consultations and performing surgeries on a regular part- basis at the Westminister Medical Group in Harley street-London. 

Thank you Doctor.

Are you moving to London or you will be performing surgeries in both locations ?

Have you found a volunteer for the scar extraction trial ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nikoni said:

Thank you Doctor.

Are you moving to London or you will be performing surgeries in both locations ?

Have you found a volunteer for the scar extraction trial ?

No both locations. 
As for s volunteer, I didn’t find one yet. There are few interested but I still have to see the suitability, logistics etc

• Like 3

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

11 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys,

Glad the 🐐 is back in the race.

As for the scar extraction, what time do you expect it to start ? please push for this as soon as possible, much appreciated, Doctor.

Edited by Tonyyy
  • Like 2

Hey everyone, I've been closely following this thread and diving into pretty much everything available online about Verteporfin. This is my first time posting here, and I have some thoughts to share.

Firstly, Dr. Barghouthi, I believe I speak for everyone when I say a big thank you for your pioneering efforts in testing this treatment for the community. Your contributions have been absolutely crucial; without them, I doubt we would have even the faintest hint that this could be a viable solution.

I believe this thread is the longest in the forum not just because people are interested in finding solutions for their first hair transplant with long bald areas and limited donor supply. It's mainly because it gives hope to those who've had hair transplants and are now dealing with depleted donor areas. People such as myself feeling a bit lost because nothing currently available seems to fully solve this problem, and Verteporfin represents some hope.

It's funny how we often end up learning the most about something after making decisions, when ideally we should have done all the learning beforehand. But, well, there's no better motivation to learn than when you're trying to fix a problem.

I've read through all the suggestions for future trials, and, fundamentally, I believe that pretty much everything suggested is valid. Since none of us knows much about it beyond a basic understanding of its mechanism of action, all we can do is imagine possibilities and create hypotheses. So, I just want to share my opinion on that. And like any hypothesis, I might be wrong—actually, most likely I am.

I believe it's wise to hold off on testing verteporfin on the recipient area. I understand it sounds promising, but There are just too many extra variables, such as whether those follicles are resistant to DHT.

Instead, I suggest directing all the efforts towards scientifically determining if follicle regeneration is indeed possible.

Once we establish this, we can explore multiple possibilities of applications, and it's likely that attention to this will increase. Perhaps more investment and resources will come, and new possibilities will emerge.

These new possibilities, of course, could include getting new follicles from excising old FUE scars, which seems like the most promising outcome. Alternatively, transplanting freshly harvested follicles into those old FUE scars, essentially just moving them around within the donor area. If the original follicles partially or entirely regrow, we could achieve hair multiplication through multiple rounds, solely depending on the percentage of regenerated hair. But for me, this is all conversation for later.

Thanks to everyone for their contributions.

Last thing: I suggest adding the 🐐 emoji for reactions as a recognition of Barghouthi's efforts.

Edited by Ricco
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ricco said:

Hey everyone, I've been closely following this thread and diving into pretty much everything available online about Verteporfin. This is my first time posting here, and I have some thoughts to share.

Firstly, Dr. Barghouthi, I believe I speak for everyone when I say a big thank you for your pioneering efforts in testing this treatment for the community. Your contributions have been absolutely crucial; without them, I doubt we would have even the faintest hint that this could be a viable solution.

I believe this thread is the longest in the forum not just because people are interested in finding solutions for their first hair transplant with long bald areas and limited donor supply. It's mainly because it gives hope to those who've had hair transplants and are now dealing with depleted donor areas. People such as myself feeling a bit lost because nothing currently available seems to fully solve this problem, and Verteporfin represents some hope.

It's funny how we often end up learning the most about something after making decisions, when ideally we should have done all the learning beforehand. But, well, there's no better motivation to learn than when you're trying to fix a problem.

I've read through all the suggestions for future trials, and, fundamentally, I believe that pretty much everything suggested is valid. Since none of us knows much about it beyond a basic understanding of its mechanism of action, all we can do is imagine possibilities and create hypotheses. So, I just want to share my opinion on that. And like any hypothesis, I might be wrong—actually, most likely I am.

I believe it's wise to hold off on testing verteporfin on the recipient area. I understand it sounds promising, but There are just too many extra variables, such as whether those follicles are resistant to DHT.

Instead, I suggest directing all the efforts towards scientifically determining if follicle regeneration is indeed possible.

Once we establish this, we can explore multiple possibilities of applications, and it's likely that attention to this will increase. Perhaps more investment and resources will come, and new possibilities will emerge.

These new possibilities, of course, could include getting new follicles from excising old FUE scars, which seems like the most promising outcome. Alternatively, transplanting freshly harvested follicles into those old FUE scars, essentially just moving them around within the donor area. If the original follicles partially or entirely regrow, we could achieve hair multiplication through multiple rounds, solely depending on the percentage of regenerated hair. But for me, this is all conversation for later.

Thanks to everyone for their contributions.

Last thing: I suggest adding the 🐐 emoji for reactions as a recognition of Barghouthi's efforts.

This is what I have been emphasising on all this time. 

The ability to regenerate hair in scar tissue is more pertinent than the actual regeneration %. 

If it works on FUE scarring then we will have unlimited donor hair. 

The hair that doesn't successfully regenerate during a procedure can just undergo another round of VT injections (and another if need be)  

We do actually have some evidence that it works on scar tissue to regenerate follicles. 

1. The man who has it injected into the 1 year old wound on his beard that was then exercised (see page 8 or 9) 

2. In Dr Bloxham's trial, the most promising result was on a revised FUT scar. 

In both these instances the scar tissue was much larger than a small FUE scar. So why would it not work in FUE revision?!

Also take into account that FUE scars are smaller than the punch size (they contract) so an even smaller FUE instrument can be used in the second round. 

Smaller wound = More likelihood of regeneration. 

Essentially, it is entirely plausible that a 2nd round of revision would yield a greater regeneration % than the first round. 

Thanks @DrTBarghouthi. Three years ago follicular regeneration was a fantasy, now thanks to your efforts, it is a real possibility. 

Onwards and upwards!

• Like 2

I believe efforts should primarily focus on confirming the fundamental concept: Is it possible to regenerate skin, including hair follicles and all appendages, in humans using this specific mechanism of action? Once proven, further applications can be explored and the approach refined accordingly, perhaps even testing other medications with similar active ingredients. Assuming that Verteporfin works as expected, it seems quite logical to consider its efficacy across various scenarios such as scar excision. We can always speculate if follicular regeneration (if possible) might be more pronounced in freshly wounded areas where follicles were present, potentially due to increased stem cell activity or other unknown factors. However, these remain hypotheses that only time and a lot of testing can confirm. If this fundamental concept is proven to be true, it could revolutionise not just the hair restoration industry but also so many other fields. I maintain skepticism, naturally, but still hope for the best outcome for all.

• Like 1