Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

2 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

It is not difficult to order verteporfin is someone is determined. Many sites sell it and you can just claim you are a clinic if you truly want it. It's more that people aren't willing to go the extra mile to acquire verteporfin. I am in a discord and telegram with several people who have done this for scarring (no one has done it for AGA yet though iirc)

isnt verteporfin super sensitive to light? im not 100% sure if diy test will be succesful

anyways it will be way more interesting if verteporfin can give repetetive good results with fue and if then the market will catch up

6 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

It is not difficult to order verteporfin is someone is determined. Many sites sell it and you can just claim you are a clinic if you truly want it. It's more that people aren't willing to go the extra mile to acquire verteporfin. I am in a discord and telegram with several people who have done this for scarring (no one has done it for AGA yet though iirc)

Can you DM me details about the discord/telegram? The site won't let me DM you, probably because my account's newish.

• Administrators

Please dm me the information to order Verteporfin. I will personally buy enough to supply multiple surgeons. That’s my pledge. 

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Please dm me the information to order Verteporfin. I will personally buy enough to supply multiple surgeons. That’s my pledge. 

I think the issue is that besides Bausch and Lomb (who have been giving visudyne to several doctors for vert Ie Dr. Qazi), all other sources of Verteporfin are research grade and would require you to be unethical about acquiring (ie you would need to say you are a doctor)

13 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

I think the issue is that besides Bausch and Lomb (who have been giving visudyne to several doctors for vert Ie Dr. Qazi), all other sources of Verteporfin are research grade and would require you to be unethical about acquiring (ie you would need to say you are a doctor)

This is what I meant by people not being able to get verteporfin. It sounded like you were saying there were ways to get ahold of some without a doctor's prescription. If so, I'd like to look into that.

I'm confused why Dr. Barghouthi didn't do a full FUE with Verteporforin. You wouldn't even need the fancy equipment to tell if it works at that point. These small area exercises won't really give us a full indication. It's just too hard to micro point to this and that and say officially it works. 

Many watching surgeons will be skeptical because of this. dr. B mentioned he did a full FUE with verteporforin once before. Why not ask that patient for a follow up to see if he has the typical FUE scars? Worried that it didn't work hence no follow ups. Not likely someone so invested in verteporforin would go to Jordan to get it done fully and then not care to follow up if the results were amazing 

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Fox243 said:

So it’s not possible to acquire. That’s the crux of the issue. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

26 minutes ago, Jay Dunman said:

I'm confused why Dr. Barghouthi didn't do a full FUE with Verteporforin. You wouldn't even need the fancy equipment to tell if it works at that point. These small area exercises won't really give us a full indication. It's just too hard to micro point to this and that and say officially it works. 

Many watching surgeons will be skeptical because of this. dr. B mentioned he did a full FUE with verteporforin once before. Why not ask that patient for a follow up to see if he has the typical FUE scars? Worried that it didn't work hence no follow ups. Not likely someone so invested in verteporforin would go to Jordan to get it done fully and then not care to follow up if the results were amazing 

If i remember correctly he did do a full fue with verteporfin on a patient last year, i wonder how their results are looking.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jay Dunman said:

With small tattooed area it is much easier to track each FUE . You know each spot and can tell weather it healed and regrew hair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, takuma said:

If i remember correctly he did do a full fue with verteporfin on a patient last year, i wonder how their results are looking.

Lol that's my point dude. He DID do it and no follow up or no comments from the patient. If the guy knew to track down Barghouthi for Verteporforin surely he's aware of the rest of us on here. Why no updates? And why no full FUE this time around either? This is starting to make me think this is just a fundraiser project at this point 

43 minutes ago, Jay Dunman said:

Lol that's my point dude. He DID do it and no follow up or no comments from the patient. If the guy knew to track down Barghouthi for Verteporforin surely he's aware of the rest of us on here. Why no updates? And why no full FUE this time around either? This is starting to make me think this is just a fundraiser project at this point 

I get what ur saying...but if the patient wanted to remain anonymous, we can't blame the doctor for that...

10 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

So it’s not possible to acquire. That’s the crux of the issue. 

In the US, a doctor can just order from Bausch and Lomb. Internationally, I only know how to get verteporfin (research-grade), and you would need to claim you are a doctor. I know several people who have done this successfully. 

8 hours ago, Jay Dunman said:

lol people are never happy. A few months ago, people were complaining that a second trial wasn't being done. Now people are complaining that a full FUE wasn't done. People should be extremely grateful for what is being done, and if they want to see more, they need to either volunteer their own scalps or their own money.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

In the US, a doctor can just order from Bausch and Lomb. Internationally, I only know how to get verteporfin (research-grade), and you would need to claim you are a doctor. I know several people who have done this successfully. 

What if I represent a doctor. For example, if I order it on behalf of Dr. Pittella?

View my thread

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

What if I represent a doctor. For example, if I order it on behalf of Dr. Pittella?

I think it doesn't hurt to try -- say you are the doctor's assistant and looking to order verteporfin. I think the main issue is I don't know if most doctors would be comfortable using research-grade verteporfin. 

Here are some links:
https://www.medchemexpress.com/Verteporfin.html
https://www.adooq.com/verteporfin.html
https://www.selleckchem.com/products/Verteporfin(Visudyne).html
https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/NL/en/product/sigma/sml0534

Edited by Fox243
  • Like 1

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

I think it doesn't hurt to try -- say you are the doctor's assistant and looking to order verteporfin. I think the main issue is I don't know if most doctors would be comfortable using research-grade verteporfin. 

Here are some links:
https://www.medchemexpress.com/Verteporfin.html
https://www.adooq.com/verteporfin.html
https://www.selleckchem.com/products/Verteporfin(Visudyne).html
https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/NL/en/product/sigma/sml0534

That’s what Dr. Barghouthi is using, so it would be consistent. In a sense, I represent multiple doctors as the admin of this site. I don’t think that would break any ethics. If I can get my hands on several bottles and distribute them to multiple surgeons that would speed up the process ten-fold.

• Like 5

View my thread

12 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

That’s what Dr. Barghouthi is using, so it would be consistent. In a sense, I represent multiple doctors as the admin of this site. I don’t think that would break any ethics. If I can get my hands on several bottles and distribute them to multiple surgeons that would speed up the process ten-fold.

Agreed, I would recommend trying both medchemexpress and adooq in that case -- as that is where the people in the telegram have had success ordering.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jay Dunman said:

Dude there are serious flaws in your logic. People do surgeries for themselves not to update some random internet guys. And the vast majority of people don't want to share their results.

Complaining about delays is another thing, but making up theories and blaming well respected doctor without any proof  is unacceptable . Keep positive and  let's hope we will have some good news from Dr. Barghouthi soon.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CureSeeker said:

Does anyone know the concentration/molality of the verteporfin solution that Dr. Barghouthi was using?

2 mg/ml

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fox243 said:

lol people are never happy. A few months ago, people were complaining that a second trial wasn't being done. Now people are complaining that a full FUE wasn't done. People should be extremely grateful for what is being done, and if they want to see more, they need to either volunteer their own scalps or their own money.

You're talking to the wrong people on this forum lol pretty sure 98% of us would donate our time and money to a doctor willing to use verteporforin on us. Hence the eagerness of most of us. We're desperately waiting for a green light to go do it ourself. But why 2 years to see a micro trial again? This is beyond rationale and like I said, fundraising is a thing whether you want to believe it or not. Having a trial and passing it off as successful can be manipulated into huge sums of money