Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

39 minutes ago, Killian said:

Well, I aim to have a fade, so I will be going back in again later this year if required until there is perfection when buzzed. 

Remember, my goal here, is not maths nor statistical "progress". It is the visual art of improvement and ultimately the undetectable which, as with any surgery can be a multi-step process. 

I have a plan in motion several steps thinking ahead, as always required. The verteporfin, if successful will be a component to the process of donor artistry. 

I would argue that the visual art of improvement and statistical progress are more or less the same thing. If someone would regenerate 100% of their donor hair during a hair transplant, no grafts are lost there so in that sense it is undetectable and therefore visually optimal. The only thing is that data is less subjective than visuals and would go a long way to convince doctors to experiment as well.

Best of luck anyways, will be following your journey if you choose to make it public

13 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Killian,

Thank you for contributing. Appreciate it. Would you be open to doing a podcast? They’re pre-recorded. Im sure the community would appreciate this 🙏

I prefer to not do this. I like full control and autonomy over my subject matter. My own YouTube channel will always be that safe place to be very honest with you

But I appreciate the invite very much. 

• Like 2

Thank you @Killian for including Verteporfin in the donor site repair, may i be curious why you don't conveniently reopen the old FUE scars and Vert it, i think that would be great and it helps you quickly return to the fade cut and the old FUE scars will likely disappear.

1 minute ago, Tonyyy said:

Thank you @Killian for including Verteporfin in the donor site repair, may i be curious why you don't conveniently reopen the old FUE scars and Vert it, i think that would be great and it helps you quickly return to the fade cut and the old FUE scars will likely disappear.

It is not wise to do too much at once. The donor area, and proceeding will be re-evaluated in the coming 4-5 months. Step by step, based on an evolving case. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Killian said:

It is not wise to do too much at once. The donor area, and proceeding will be re-evaluated in the coming 4-5 months. Step by step, based on an evolving case. 

I hope you will have good results in the near future, please update regularly if you have time, thank you again @Killian 🙏

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Killian said:

Well, I aim to have a fade, so I will be going back in again later this year if required until there is perfection when buzzed. 

Remember, my goal here, is not maths nor statistical "progress". It is the visual art of improvement and ultimately the undetectable which, as with any surgery can be a multi-step process. 

I have a plan in motion several steps thinking ahead, as always required. The verteporfin, if successful will be a component to the process of donor artistry. 

Okay, just stay out of the sun a few days. 

6 hours ago, Killian said:

Could we infer from this that this is something you are considering if the initial test is successful? If you FUE into existing scaring there is no reason why this would not lead to hair regeneration as shown in Dr Bloxham's revised FUT patient or the man who regenerated follicles in the open wound on his beard.  

On a separate note, thank you sharing your results with us. There is a long road ahead with Verteporfin and your results will shed much light on the optimal dose for humans. 

@Killian sorry for bombarding you with so many questions. But you mentioned that they excised some of the old FUT scar using FUE punches, how does that work ? Can you excise scar tissue without hair using FUE ? Won't the scar stick ? This is very interesting because if verteporfin was injected into FUE shapes scar on FUT then there is no reason it wont work on old FUE scars.

Edited by bigmistake
  • Like 1

@Killian please let us know if the number of massages is overwhelming. But it is really exciting to have verteporfin patient here and possibility to ask questions.

You posted 14 days photo. Seems to be clean, no redness or anything. Compared to your previous experience, how would you describe the difference in healing so far ?

5 hours ago, sansi said:

@Killian please let us know if the number of massages is overwhelming. But it is really exciting to have verteporfin patient here and possibility to ask questions.

You posted 14 days photo. Seems to be clean, no redness or anything. Compared to your previous experience, how would you describe the difference in healing so far ?

No post operative redness. Itchiness in the donor, and generally more untouched in appearance compared to previous harvesting in the donor. Screenshot_20240302_120229_Gallery.thumb.jpg.223fc91915e249ca3b98df7b55929de6.jpg

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Killian said:

FYI: Day 5: the "untouched look" I mentioned. 

Screenshot_20240302_144351_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240302_144411_Gallery.jpg

@Killian What's ur take on the 3 patients that Dr. Bloxham tried on around 8 months ago? Would you say they are observing either better scarring or regrowth or is it inconclusive? 

49 minutes ago, Killian said:

Wow ! I really appreciate your willingness to share and help ! It's great to have a verteporfin patient on our side !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox243 said:

@Killian What's ur take on the 3 patients that Dr. Bloxham tried on around 8 months ago? Would you say they are observing either better scarring or regrowth or is it inconclusive? 

I don't comment on other people, golden rule. I'm just an observer like everyone else. You would need to ask the person themselves for their primary perspective.

On this forum I will only subject my own case forward for discussion with respect to trialing 50mg Verteporfin. 

• Like 1

I’m starting to get on the lower end of donor but really wanted to get a touch up surgery with wong to reinforce visible scalp in my hairline and crown around December but now I am wondering if I should wait until we know this drug actually regenerates hair that can be used again for another transplant and then go to a surgeon that will use the drug on me. 

40 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I’m starting to get on the lower end of donor but really wanted to get a touch up surgery with wong to reinforce visible scalp in my hairline and crown around December but now I am wondering if I should wait until we know this drug actually regenerates hair that can be used again for another transplant and then go to a surgeon that will use the drug on me. 

IMO there's no point to get transplant without verteporfin. Killian used  50mg megadose, and there are no side effects. At worst even if it doesn't regenerate hair/heal without scars, you won't face sides, and will lose only some money.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Nikoni said:

IMO there's no point to get transplant without verteporfin. Killian used  50mg megadose, and there are no side effects. At worst even if it doesn't regenerate hair/heal without scars, you won't face sides, and will lose only some money.

Maybe I can see if Wong would be willing to experiment on me with it since I had a successful surgery with him already and he has approved me for another surgery and knows I am getting lower on donor

Edited by Der3k7

Posted (edited)

I really wouldn't be looking at this as unlimited donor guys - you'll be disappointed. I never went into this with that ambition, purely to augment/improve the byproduct which is scarring. 

There may be some regeneration, as a product of normal skin appendeges. But these I suspect will be mixed in with the matrix. 

Edited by Killian
Regeration to regeneration*
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Killian said:

To be honest your previous scars looked very good, the FUT scar is probably much better than most FUE scars. 

I hope verteporfin further improved your situation.

1 hour ago, Killian said:

I really wouldn't be looking at this as unlimited donor guys - you'll be disappointed. I never went into this with that ambition, purely to augment/improve the byproduct which is scarring. 

There may be some regeneration, as a product of normal skin appendeges. But these I suspect will be mixed in with the matrix. 

imo I think it's too early to say -- the pig study showed significant regeneration and so did Dr. Barghouthi's case. If we do this over and over, that basically means full regeneration.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Killian said:

I don't comment on other people, golden rule. I'm just an observer like everyone else. You would need to ask the person themselves for their primary perspective.

On this forum I will only subject my own case forward for discussion with respect to trialing 50mg Verteporfin. 

Hey, you are a hero! Would you disclose what concentration of Verteporfin was used and how many mg per cm2 was injected? I am thinking of doing HT in few months but I scar notoriously badly and reading this and finding out about Verteporfin I think this could be an option for me. I have discussed this with several surgeons and they are all willing to try similarly as in your case if Verteporfin would be self sourced. I can get the normal Verteporfin 15 mg powder prescribed to me. It is powdered and it can be diluted in any concentration. Probably you could technically use 3 vials for 45 mg. How was your sourced and prepared? Would you be willing to disclose at least roughly if you don't want to go into details. I would really appreciate. 

4 hours ago, Fox243 said:

imo I think it's too early to say -- the pig study showed significant regeneration and so did Dr. Barghouthi's case. If we do this over and over, that basically means full regeneration.

I agree. 

Could the regeneration rate vary between responder? Would a larger session, i.e. 4000 grafts, result in less regeneration? Could Dr B's patient be a hyper responder? 

However, to be more positive, the following needs to be noted. 

1. We don't know if 0.4 is the best dose to use. It was certainly better than 0.3, which in turn was better than lower doses. 

2. We don't know if the 18 month results are the peak. 

3.  Could we keep doing rounds of scar revision for complete donor recovery. Let's say the regeneration rate is 50% and you have a 5000 graft surgery. 2500 grafts are initially regenerated. You then FUE in the remaining scarring which results in 1250 grafts being regenerated and so on and so forth. 

@Killian experiment will help shed light on the first of these questions. 

At the end of the day, it's all biology and if you can trick the human body to prevent fibrosis then I don't see why this could not be a surgical cure. 

It doesn't necessarily have to result in unlimited donor, but what if we could double or triple the donor amount available. The latter of these would essentially mean anyone who is not a diffused Norwood 7 could achieve an aesthetically full head of hair. 

• Like 1