Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

@Killian hope your healing goes well.

It seems you are planning to have another surgery in few weeks. A huge petition from this this community, please consider punching few older FUE scars and injecting verteporfin.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, sansi said:

It seems you are planning to have another surgery in few weeks. A huge petition from this this community, please consider punching few older FUE scars and injecting verteporfin.

Seconded.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sansi said:

Wow wow wow where is this coming from? This is not true. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Killian said:

Wow wow wow where is this coming from? This is not true. 

From Youtube comment "I think I'll be back in the chair soon, give me a few weeks :)"

Sorry if I am mistaken.

27 minutes ago, sansi said:

From Youtube comment "I think I'll be back in the chair soon, give me a few weeks :)"

Sorry if I am mistaken.

Hahahah yeah to make videos I meant

46 minutes ago, Killian said:

I apologize. But whenever you are in the surgery chair, please remember our petition :D

1 hour ago, Rick Jackson said:

Killian- from you healing experience do you think verteporfin injected into the receipent area could reduce the redness post transplant.

I think it's playing with fire, what's the effect of injecting this around implanted grafts - unknown. A very small test would be needed first. I honestly wouldn't like to even speculate in fear of someone doing it. Even in my own donor, while it's healing great, god knows what will be the downstream effect. 

Only time will tell, it's all experimental and inconclusive atm. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sansi said:

This would be interesting, especially for those of us who have already had FUEs in the past. 

Dr Bloxham's patient regenerated hair in a revised FUT scar so it is likely, if not certain, that you would see similar results. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Killian said:

If verteporfin does work on your FUT scars, then do considering rewounding some of your old FUE scars (like how doctors make slits in the recipient) and injecting verteporfin in them.

Edited by bigmistake

1 minute ago, bigmistake said:

If verteporfin does work on your FUT scars, then do considering resounding some of your old FUE scars (like how doctors make slits in the recipient) and injecting verteporfin in them.

Honestly I'm not even going to think about these things now. I just want to see the present donor outcome first. I do also strongly suspect that we will see a mixed matrix of scar tissue and normal skin appendeges. Which would be amazing. 

I don't think this is a silver bullet though, I think it will possibly be a component/improvement of the process going forward. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Killian said:

Honestly I'm not even going to think about these things now. I just want to see the present donor outcome first. I do also strongly suspect that we will see a mixed matrix of scar tissue and normal skin appendeges. Which would be amazing. 

I don't think this is a silver bullet though, I think it will possibly be a component/improvement of the process going forward. 

Seems YAP inhibition is silver bullet as proved by Harvard scientists. Is verteporfin good enough, that's the unknown. Still everything we saw so far is pretty promising (the pig trial, the guy who tried it on cheek and nose, Dr. Barghouthi's trial, Longaker filed for patent for wound healing and hair regeneration via YAP inhibitor (Verteporfin) ).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Killian said:

Even reduced scarring is a big win. Thanks for putting your hair and health on the line for this one.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I Will reach out and ask him to do another podcast. I believe he might be presenting his work at the WFI conference. 

• Like 5

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 2/22/2024 at 4:15 PM, Killian said:

Just an FYI to all, Dr. Saifi does not offer Verteporfin. This is privately funded by my own pocket and head 😅 

Can you please tell us where to get verteporfin? 

Wait until begining of May, if by then there’s no updates by Dr B I say we can reasonably demand for a refund and get it allocated to a different hair transplant surgeon that’s more interested in Verteporfin.

34 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Wait until begining of May, if by then there’s no updates by Dr B I say we can reasonably demand for a refund and get it allocated to a different hair transplant surgeon that’s more interested in Verteporfin.

first find a surgeon who is even willing to try lol -- at least Dr B did a trial. Even if he doesn't do another trial, ill just count the money he got this time as costs for the first trial he did. Without his initial trial, we wouldn't even have any hope.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

first find a surgeon who is even willing to try lol -- at least Dr B did a trial. Even if he doesn't do another trial, ill just count the money he got this time as costs for the first trial he did. Without his initial trial, we wouldn't even have any hope.

But the money was donated for the second  more scientific trial. With 15k it would be much easier to find a surgeon. For less known surgeons that would be good money. Of course that is mostly donation of a single person and he should decide what to do.

However I believe Dr. Barghouthi is still in the game, we just need better communication to avoid all the speculations.

Edited by Nikoni

Ultimately, this is Arcturus's money, so only he should be the one who decides where the money goes. Second, there's no point having this discussion, unless someone can even convince a surgeon to try out verteporfin. Even if they were given the money, I doubt anyone here could find a surgeon willing to try verteporfin.