Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

Hello all,

This may have been answered in the many previous pages of this thread, but can someone tell me why the wound has to be open for verteporfin to be used / effective? Or does it not and I've missed something?

On 2/27/2024 at 12:15 AM, Killian said:

Just an update:

It's healing exceptionally fast. One thing of note, which I've never encountered before in previous donor healing: no post operative redness in the incision line since closure. The fue extractions also did not ooze any inflammatory exudate post-operative, which is interesting.

I confirm the healing outcome has been different after injection of 50mg Visudyne. 

so do you think verteporfin can also reduce redness in the recipient area after HT? many people have redness in the recipient area for 3-4 months after HT if vert can reduce this redness, better healing and maybe shockless phase after HT that would be another amazing point to use this. I think Dr. Barghouthi said he will include testing in recipient area.

4 hours ago, damnyoudht said:

Hello all,

This may have been answered in the many previous pages of this thread, but can someone tell me why the wound has to be open for verteporfin to be used / effective? Or does it not and I've missed something?

Must be injected during approximation to inhibit YAP pathway in tissue hemostasis thus augmenting fibroblast activity/ECM deposition downstream. 

Injecting verteporfin into the receipent area could reduce the redness like Killian's wound in the donor area.  The implanted follicles from the donor have thousands of stem cells in the follicle bulb.   With verteporfin used in the receipent area more than one hair could grow providing more coverage.

8 minutes ago, Nikoni said:

@DrTBarghouthi with all respect and gratitude, we need more transparency on this.

This is taking endlessly long, please share with us your plans and dates.

HE DOESNT FOLLOW UR TIMELINE!!!!  WITH ALL DUE RESPECT LET THE MAN BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Hairlossingfast said:

HE DOESNT FOLLOW UR TIMELINE!!!!  WITH ALL DUE RESPECT LET THE MAN BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relax dude ! We have been waiting for this trial for almost two years, during this time community helped to raise money and get special scanning device. We keep respect(unlike you) but have right for transparency.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hairlossingfast said:

Relax your tits dude. Don’t forget that your hairlossingfast … you can wait in silence! we have the right to tag him every day and he has the right not to answer so how about you chill. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Killian said:

Must be injected during approximation to inhibit YAP pathway in tissue hemostasis thus augmenting fibroblast activity/ECM deposition downstream. 

Thanks for the explanation.
I'm assuming that's why - from what I remember of your explanation - that you re-wounded an FUT scar in order to trigger a wound healing response again?

One another note, do you think your use of exosome therapy additionally helps the process? Do you think it helps the recipient area growth density too?

Given that you're approaching this in a very scientific manner, I assume you're taking regular photos of the donor area to assess growth. Would you be able to post these regularly too? I know it might be a big ask, but it would help make the case for patients and clinicians alike to use the process.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Jonathan said:

We need to leave Dr Barghouthi alone, ask for a refund and move on. 

His first experiment meant that, if completely legit, the (functional) cure for balding is just around the corner. Why he isn't following up is unclear to me. The reasons he gave were not very convincing to an outsider and came across to me as excuses. 

It could be the case the there are just things he can better avoid talking about in public, but really plans on continuing once these issues are resolved. Also, there are no logical reasons for dishonesty that are known to me. He is not making money on it whatsoever.

He could be busy, but I would doubt that. The experiment involves him doing his normal job with just an extra step. 

Sadly, the possibility of some misleading but unintentional mistakes can not be ignored. I don't think this is the case, as there are no logical reasons for it, but who knows. Anyways, it would be crucial going forward to know what the reason of this delay is. 

Edited by Square1

1 minute ago, Square1 said:

His first experiment meant that, if completely legit, the (functional) cure for balding is just around the corner. Why he isn't following up is unclear to me. The reasons he gave were not very convincing to an outsider and came across to me as excuses. 

It could be the case the there are just things he can better avoid talking about in public, but really plans on continuing once these issues are resolved. Also, there are no logical reasons for dishonesty that are known to me. He is not making money on it whatsoever.

He could be busy, but I would doubt that. The experiment involves him doing his normal job with just an extra step. 

Sadly, the possibility of some misleading but unintentional mistakes can not be ignored. I don't think this is the case, as there are no logical reasons for it, but who knows. Anyways, it would be crucial going forward to know what the reason of this delay is. 

4 minutes ago, Square1 said:

Sadly, the possibility of some misleading but unintentional mistakes can not be ignored. I don't think this is the case, as there are no logical reasons for it, but who knows. Anyways, it would be crucial going forward what the reason of this delay is. 

I think it's best we wait and move on, not make negative speculations. As there is no logical reason for dishonesty. We let stress get the best of us. 

2 minutes ago, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

I think it's best we wait and move on, not make negative speculations. As there is no logical reason for dishonesty. We let stress get the best of us. 

In research, presented findings should be able to be challenged with a critical mind. 

20 minutes ago, Square1 said:

In research, presented findings should be able to be challenged with a critical mind. 

I still believe Dr. Barghouti has the best intentions, but this is taking endlessly long. After all resources and time spent on this new trial could have been used otherwise to make progress in verteporfin.

To avoid the speculations, it would be good to have transparency and know what's going in the background. Also that would help to decide our future moves.

@DrTBarghouthi as ethical and caring doctor, please share with us the progress and your plans. We really need to know what to expect to make important decisions.

@Killian a couple of questions mate, what temp did you store the vert?

and did you get Visudyne or vert powder from an online chem? if it was the powder what did you mix it with?

Also to "activate" vert , was a light flased onto the area it was injected or was light avoided completely?

Helping get the answers to these could help faciliate more trials.🙏

On 3/5/2024 at 7:23 PM, Nikoni said:

I still believe Dr. Barghouti has the best intentions, but this is taking endlessly long. After all resources and time spent on this new trial could have been used otherwise to make progress in verteporfin.

To avoid the speculations, it would be good to have transparency and know what's going in the background. Also that would help to decide our future moves.

@DrTBarghouthi as ethical and caring doctor, please share with us the progress and your plans. We really need to know what to expect to make important decisions.

I agree with this comment, many people are waiting and postponing HT waiting on these verteporfin trials results.  The new trials were supposed to start 1 year ago and have been postponed so many times. 

On 3/2/2024 at 12:09 PM, Killian said:

No post operative redness. Itchiness in the donor, and generally more untouched in appearance compared to previous harvesting in the donor. Screenshot_20240302_120229_Gallery.thumb.jpg.223fc91915e249ca3b98df7b55929de6.jpg

Approaching 3 weeks on Friday. Little to no effluvium, reduced redness well into proliferative phase - I suspect hemostasis stage was successfully augmented. No scabbing nor exudate. Remodeling phase begins ~ 21 days post surgery (essentially I'm entering this period now). Typically, reorganisation, degradation, and resynthesis of ECMgranulation tissue matures to form scar tissue - this period will yield the real answer if augmented. Process will be visually discernable in a few months (~5)Screenshot_20240306_231514_Gallery.thumb.jpg.d9558c5449183091e0fae562e9abe2d0.jpg

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, Killian said:

Approaching 3 weeks on Friday. Little to no effluvium, reduced redness well into proliferative phase - I suspect hemostasis stage was successfully augmented. No scabbing nor exudate. Remodeling phase begins ~ 21 days post surgery (essentially I'm entering this period now). Typically, reorganisation, degradation, and resynthesis of ECMgranulation tissue matures to form scar tissue - this period will yield the real answer if augmented. Process will be visually discernable in a few months (~5)Screenshot_20240306_231514_Gallery.thumb.jpg.d9558c5449183091e0fae562e9abe2d0.jpg

Have you seen Doctor Saifi and as he commented on anything thus far? 

On 1/29/2024 at 2:18 PM, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys,

I do understand the frustration of the ongoing delays and I just want to reassure you that such delays were beyond anyone’s control. 

We did have multiple issues with suitable volunteers in terms of their availability and follow up potential, as well as the ongoing issue of making sure that we have a reliable and constant supply of the medication. In addition to that, it did take us some time to arrange and purchase any missing equipment that we need for a more objective study. It is important at this stage to carry out decent trials - for purposes of being objective and as scientific as possible. 

Having said that, there has been steady progress taking place in the background. We do have two volunteers. One Volunteer will have a full FUE with Verteforfin, while the other one will have Verteporfin injected in the bald areas of his scalp to see if there could be any potential improvement or growth. We have also managed to engage with a suitable supplier that can provide us with Verteporfin. I am placing a test order with them in these coming days to make sure their process is smooth. We have also received the photography device we need for research. I have booked two dates for these two trials- but I will refrain from mentioning the exact dates so as not to cause any further disappointment for now. 

Finally, I have seen some nice recovery photos from our FUE patient who had his donor fully injected with Verteporfin after 2-3 months ago, and his donor is looking good. I will check with him if he wishes for his photos to be shared. 

Thanks Dr Bargouthi, is there any new update on the upcoming trials or with the previous patient that you injected with verteporfin fully after an fue?

9 hours ago, takuma said:

Thanks Dr Bargouthi, is there any new update on the upcoming trials or with the previous patient that you injected with verteporfin fully after an fue?

Respectfully, what further update are you waiting for?

He advised less than two months ago he has found a volunteer but a date has yet to be confirmed. 

It can take several months from interview to the schedule date of the procedure as with any HT operation. 

12 minutes ago, Dragonsphere said:

Respectfully, what further update are you waiting for?

He advised less than two months ago he has found a volunteer but a date has yet to be confirmed. 

It can take several months from interview to the schedule date of the procedure as with any HT operation. 

He already injected a patient with verteporfin last year....Maybe he has new update on the progress,  perhaps new pics of that patient's donor ....just asking, respectfully