4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

Great update Melvin! For only being at the halfway mark, what a night and day difference for you. Your crown region is really showing a ton of progress. For what you already realized at 6 month, come months 12 to 15, I'd bet money that you have full density in the crown and have no need for fibers ever again.

• Like 3

• Administrators
4 hours ago, TrustTheProcess said:

@Melvin- Moderator looks like you’re still seeing month over month gains, that’s encouraging! If I had one thing to critique about your last video, it’s that your lighting was very low. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

Wasn’t intentional. I shoot the updates in the same bathroom and same lighting to keep it consistent. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Wasn’t intentional. I shoot the updates in the same bathroom and same lighting to keep it consistent. 

watched the video again, it looks like either your encoding settings or likely YouTubes compression of your video crushed the black detail. Almost certain your original video prior to uploading to YouTube is tack sharp. YT is the worst, lol.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, sunsurfhair said:

I feel like his donor looks great too despite all the grafts it’s awesome! @Melvin- Moderator do you use anything on the donor area out of your stack?

Nothing aside from using minoxidil on my nape. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Bb111 said:

How many weeks or months after the transplant did you start minoxidil on the nape?

I resumed minoxidil after 2 weeks

• Thanks 1

View my thread

Melvin I wanted to ask have you been able to detect any difference with the beard hair compared to native/donor transplanted hair on your scalp? I know for most people that their beard hair often have very different characteristics than their scalp hair and I wanted to ask how does that factor in to your overall result? Is the beard hair "misbehaving" when it comes to styling or combing or just the general look?

I also vaguely remember reading a thread on this forum of a doctor saying that when you transplant a beard/body hair . It will behave more like a scalp hair when it fully matures and grows in due to the adjustment in the bloodflow or something like that. If anyone remembers this can you share? I think it might of been Dr Mwamba.

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

On 7/12/2022 at 1:44 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I don’t think I’ll ever be done with fibers tbh, they make your hair look so much better. I’ll never look as good as I do with fibers with transplants alone. But my goal is to be able to leave the house without needing them every time. I’ll probably use them on special occasions, or date nights, etc. 

Have you tried a product called bees wax? You need to apply it on damp hair and it does wonders for thin hair.

9 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I resumed minoxidil after 2 weeks

What made you decide to use topical minoxidil instead of oral? I keep hearing how oral minoxidil is better. Wondering if the results vary too  

• Like 1

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Khali said:

Have you tried a product called bees wax? You need to apply it on damp hair and it does wonders for thin hair.

I haven’t tried that, I use redken brews cream, it works good. 

View my thread

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Smacias15 said:

What made you decide to use topical minoxidil instead of oral? I keep hearing how oral minoxidil is better. Wondering if the results vary too  

Difficult to get a prescription for oral minoxidil.

View my thread

19 hours ago, Smacias15 said:

Oral Minoxidil messes with your collagen production. As such some people get bags under their eyes and droopy aging looking skin. 

I’m not saying that’d happen to you but it happened to me and it’s a known side effect. 

• Like 1

-------------------------------------
700 graphs is never enough! 

Collection of useful links (profiles etc): https://bit.ly/3JC2xwS