3,558 grafts in total @ Eugenix Hair Sciences, India - 27/28th Nov 2021

Berba11

• Valued Contributor
On 12/1/2021 at 3:07 AM, rob7331 said:

Looks fantastic my guy, everything normal and good!

It's interesting to see you write about the challenges of explosive growth and all that comes with it from a business perspective. While I'm thrilled for my surgery at Eugenix in February, there is a part of me that is concerned because they have been growing really fast lately. And while I ultimately trust the results over all else, I can't help but feel a little nervous for them in maintaining the quality we've all come to know. As anyone who's worked in a growing organization before will say, it's hard to keep everything 100% when you're adding personnel at an accelerated rate. Hopefully Eugenix is able to keep this in check and continue putting out fantastic results.

Keep us posted!

Cheers mate! I’m pretty sure that yesterday was July and I had absolutely ages until my HT. It all seemed so distant. It seems completely ridiculous to me that I’ve been and returned - I honestly can’t believe how quickly the time has passed. February is going to come around so fast for you!

The consensus among the people I chatted to and my own view having now walked the walk is that you’re getting in at the right time. Equally, the team is fantastic and there’s senior doctors in constant circulation checking in on everyone. 

I’ll make sure to expand on this in a separate post at some point though. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
6 hours ago, back2life_45 said:

Looking great @Berba11, this will be a home-run!

I had the same issue as you, I was jet lagged and didn't sleep very much while I was in India. This caused a ton of oozing for me as well, and the anesthetic had to be reapplied frequently.  

Thanks mate!!

Knowing that you were a fellow ‘oozer’ is a massive relief - your results are already complete voodoo!! Dr Arika assured me it wouldn’t affect the final results but you do always wonder. Seeing you with a full head of hair 5 minutes after surgery erases any such doubts!

• Valued Contributor

DAY 7 Update - 1st headwash + before & after pictures:

I've been a bit lazy since getting back and haven't written about the day of the surgeries. I'm going to skip over that for now. I also need to chase up the high quality before and afters that Eugenix took. For now I'll attach a couple of before pics and some after pics. For consistency I'm even wearing the same hoody. You can't get any better than that! :D The before pics are actually the ones I'd send to Eugenix back in the summer for evaluation. Ordinarily I buzz my hair down but grew it out for about 6 weeks for the purposes of their assessment.

Today I did my first headwash and managed to remove pretty much all of the scabbing. There's some very small amounts of residual scabbing/dry bits but barely noticeable. I'm a bit red and the frontal third is still numb - feels very odd! I also can't yet get used to feeling hair in areas where there hasn't been any for quite a while!

1930821106_IMG_47533.thumb.JPG.8eb2a6e17f3f685bd3d014decc250e65.JPG

842953140_IMG_47593.thumb.JPG.daf978582ad5301ce3e698c269211a65.JPG

IMG_5253.thumb.JPG.1a761aa4118ceef22a2362aa150a569c.JPG

IMG_5252.thumb.JPG.de5f080c7a6220fc88a56e3d9ba71dbe.JPG

IMG_5251.thumb.JPG.b51c436af3211c2a756807f11033aa2e.JPG

IMG_5250.thumb.JPG.4448158bc01206522c6847e0e5123a11.JPG

Apologies for the quality on the last two pics, but wanted to get a side profile in there!

• Like 3

• Valued Contributor

UPDATE - Days 3 & 4 (days of surgery)

Apologies for jumping about the timeline... Day's 1 & 2 are on the previous page. Below I'll talk about the day of the surgeries. The above post of day 7 (first headwash) and from this point onward I'll update monthly and/or if/when anything update-worthy arises (like shedding!).

I was due to be collected from the hotel between 8.45-9am by the clinic on the Saturday morning. I'd slept pretty much exactly 2 hours on the Friday night (from approx. 10.45pm to about 1pm, give or take). By 1.30am I was wide awake and struggling to sleep. I hoped I might get an hour or so extra in but I literally lay awake all night. Around 6am I give up. I noticed my partner was online back home so I video called, chatted for a bit, got dressed and went down for breakfast at about 7.30am.

As 8.45 rolled around I started to feel a little nervous. I think I was picked up at a couple of minutes past 9.

Once at the clinic, we did a blood pressure test and took some blood for PRP. I'd written in the previous post that bloods were taken during pre-op the day before but as I recall, that wasn't the case. I'm 99% sure this was done on the morning of surgery. After a bit of waiting around I was changed into my surgery clothes and then took my place in the photo room and waited for Dr Arika where we would draw the hair line design. There were two or three other chaps in that morning for surgery. I actually heard Dr Arika before I met here. Her voice is distinct and carries authoritatively throughout the clinic. She then came into the photo room where I was waiting, greeted me and asked me how I was doing. She then got straight to looking at my head, lined things up with the measuring tools and did a draft hair line. I was given some time to have a look and collect my thoughts. Dr Arika told me to take my time and any changes or lowering, we could do them. She then exited and returned to some of the other chaps to consult with them. We made a few changes once she returned. One thing that was funny... She stressed it was best to get things right at this stage rather than have to change later as that can be tricky. I quipped "like @MazAB?"... She paused for a second, realised who I meant within about 2 seconds and then explained Maz's case with the rows of singles and how they went about changing it after the fact. :D

A important point on the design consultations for anyone with a trip to Eugenix upcoming...

Prior to going to India, I'd imagined you spend 10 minutes sat with Dr Arika in an office/room discussing and planning the design in a one to one setting, going back and forth etc. It wasn't until I met with @DJ40two days prior in the hotel than I learned that this isn't quite how the design phase is conducted. Dr Arika will be consulting with different patients and bouncing between them, returning to check in on each one and get their thoughts & make amendments. At no point did I feel rushed and Dr Arika specifically told me verbatim "take your time". However, I can perfectly understand how the process might make people feel like everything is happening quite quickly and maybe neglect to ask questions, make requests for adjustments to the initial design and so on. Had I not been given a preview two nights before, I may well have gotten swept up myself. To some degree, I feel I maybe did a little anyway! I feel like this was probably the only part of the experience that didn't quite live up to my own expectations and could be done better. The approach doesn't feel as personal and attentive as it should do. I would have liked to have had my options discussed through one on one, different approaches chewed over, suggestions made and so on. Because I knew in advance that it wasn't going to be like that, I did spend a bit of extra time trying to get a clear idea of what I wanted in mind before going in. Whether I got things right will be known in 6/7/8 months time I suppose. So my advice for those going to New Dehli is a) try to have a firm picture in mind of what you want going in and b) make sure you ask questions, seek opinions and trial some designs when you're there - don't get swept up in things. Like I say, nobody was rushing me and any changes and questions I had were done/answered without any fuss and with total patience, but if you are going to Eugenix, make sure you ask whatever you feel you need to. Despite knowing this, I can't say I really maximised the design process and in hindsight wished I'd maybe tried one or two different ideas or sought more of an external/second opinion. I actually think the process is possibly one that suffers slightly from the growth of Eugenix at the moment. Like I say, it was really the only part of the whole process that I didn't feel was on par with the rest and I can see that it must be difficult to schedule quality one on one time with a patient on the morning of surgery when there's 3 or 4 surgeries booked in and you need to get down to business.

Once the design was done, it was straight into the OT. Everything during the course of the two days was kind of a blur once on the operating table. Anaesthetic is given all over the head, which stings like a bitch, and then Dr Arika proceeded with slit making. Because it's tricky to fully feel what is happening when, and who's doing what, I can't give too much information. As mentioned previously, I later learnt that I was oozing quite a lot. This explains why I need a fair amount of anaesthetic top-ups throughout the first day as every so often I could feel a sharp sting when a slit or graft was being inserted. For whatever reason, the extractions went smoothly and I don't recall ever needing a top up in the donor. Maybe once or twice but for the most part, that was fine. Apart from the injections, the only tough bit of the surgery is the part in which I was lying face down with my face in the gap (think masseuse table). I was in that position for quite some time and the pressure on your face and jaw is tough going after a while.

I was well looked after during the surgery. Everyone constantly checked if there's pain, checked if I needed a toilet break, checked if I needed a drink or some food. The techs sometimes gave me massages! On the first day, Anil spent a lot of time in the OT, checking in and making sure I was looked after. Dr Priyadarshini was around a lot and and older male doctor who's name I didn't get. The technicians were brilliant as were others members of the team. I regret not remembering everyone's name as they each deserve a mention.

The day concluded around 8.30pm - it was long slog! I was given a pillow cover, saline solution and medicines to take with me. That evening I popped a sleeping tablet to ensure no repeats of the night before and slept fine on my back. 

The next day, surgery commenced at approx. 11.25am. I think Dr Arika made some more slits to start things off and the work continued from there. I remembered to ask Dr Arika what she thought I had left in the tank after this FUE from both scalp and beard. She suggested 1000-1500 beard and said in total 7-8000 (which I assume includes the 2762 from this session). I should have clarified but I'm taking the conservative interpretation of that to mean:

~1500 beard + ~4000 scalp = ~5,500 BH & scalp remaining. If we add the 2,762 already harvested to that number, we arrive at approx. 8,300 in total, which is in the ball park for good coverage for a NW6 or 7. If she meant 1500 beard grafts plus 5,500 scalp then happy days. I highly doubt she meant 7000+1500 *after* this surgery!

The surgery continues in much the same way as the previous day. Later on, Dr Arika returned to inspect things and added some more slits for density, and close to the end, Dr Priyadarshini did the same thing, giving things a once over and finding some extra space for slits/density. I think we were done around 1pm.

As I said, it's kind of difficult to say who is doing what at each step. You can't see nor feel much that is happening around you. I felt the tech team were brilliant throughout and I'm really happy with the donor extractions. I've attached a picture of the donor area from today under harsh, bright indoor lighting. The missus says she can't tell, so it passes the litmus test!

Cheers :)

15ba6b04-c8c1-4cf8-bcdf-b115a9873fe7.JPG

• Like 5

• Administrators

Excellent write-up @Berba11 your donor looks pristine. It’s amazing, good points. I’m actually gonna be doing another Instagram live with Dr. Sethi and Dr. Arika, we’ll be doing sort of this design process to the public. I would recommend everyone take time and do a video call before going in, that way the design process goes quickly when you’re there. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, MazAB said:

Very nice detailed overview @Berba11! Great job all around. Beautiful hairline design and temples. Goes without saying the clean work you can consistently expect from Eugenix as well. Congrats brother!

Thanks Maz. Any tips or tricks for the redness? I’ve started applying very modest amounts of E45 to the recipient area to try and sooth it a little now that all the scabs are off. The front is still completely numb and the area feels risen slightly from the rest of the scalp. Any advice to speed that side of things up very welcome!

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
45 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

A brilliant write up Berba and I agree also that you can never ask too many questions. Your donor looks excellent so early post op. I look forward to following your journey. Thanks for sharing mate!

Thanks Gatsby!

@Berba11 Thanks for the detailed Write-up. 

your doner seems to be healed perfectly. 

Actually, You mentioned Exactly what I felt with the hairline design process. I also went In with expectations that Dr. Arika will sit and give me options with the hairline design. But she came in drew the hairline in just no time, Although she told me to have my own time in deciding about the hairline I felt like there could have been two-way conversations and she could have explained to me my options. 

This was the only part I felt was not up to my expectations and I felt a bit rushed upon. 

Anyway, your temples and hairline design seems perfect mate. 

Wishing you the best!!

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor
3 minutes ago, Osman1234 said:

Actually, You mentioned Exactly what I felt with the hairline design process. I also went In with expectations that Dr. Arika will sit and give me options with the hairline design. But she came in drew the hairline in just no time, Although she told me to have my own time in deciding about the hairline I felt like there could have been two-way conversations and she could have explained to me my options. 

This was the only part I felt was not up to my expectations and I felt a bit rushed upon. 

Wishing you the best!!

Thanks Osman. 

Yea the design part seems to be a familiar story. The tricky thing for patients is that it’s really hard to properly imagine how it will look until the work has been done and the post op swelling has come down. With the benefit of hindsight, I’d probably alter a couple of things about my design in truth (I may feel differently when I’ve got long hair in 7 months of course!). 

• Like 2

Great write up, thanks @Berba11!

I wonder if a good idea for future patients is to have a couple of pictures of people whose hairlines you like and see what the doctor thinks and from their they can draw the hairline.

You raise a great point @Berba11of how people might not have an idea what the hairline would actually look like when the hair grows out...I wouldn't.

• Like 2

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Osman1234 said:

Wishing you the best!!

This is an important part of the process. I'm sure Eugenix will take this to heart and try and improve this process for their patients. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 12/6/2021 at 12:19 AM, Berba11 said:

UPDATE - Days 3 & 4 (days of surgery)

Apologies for jumping about the timeline... Day's 1 & 2 are on the previous page. Below I'll talk about the day of the surgeries. The above post of day 7 (first headwash) and from this point onward I'll update monthly and/or if/when anything update-worthy arises (like shedding!).

I was due to be collected from the hotel between 8.45-9am by the clinic on the Saturday morning. I'd slept pretty much exactly 2 hours on the Friday night (from approx. 10.45pm to about 1pm, give or take). By 1.30am I was wide awake and struggling to sleep. I hoped I might get an hour or so extra in but I literally lay awake all night. Around 6am I give up. I noticed my partner was online back home so I video called, chatted for a bit, got dressed and went down for breakfast at about 7.30am.

As 8.45 rolled around I started to feel a little nervous. I think I was picked up at a couple of minutes past 9.

Once at the clinic, we did a blood pressure test and took some blood for PRP. I'd written in the previous post that bloods were taken during pre-op the day before but as I recall, that wasn't the case. I'm 99% sure this was done on the morning of surgery. After a bit of waiting around I was changed into my surgery clothes and then took my place in the photo room and waited for Dr Arika where we would draw the hair line design. There were two or three other chaps in that morning for surgery. I actually heard Dr Arika before I met here. Her voice is distinct and carries authoritatively throughout the clinic. She then came into the photo room where I was waiting, greeted me and asked me how I was doing. She then got straight to looking at my head, lined things up with the measuring tools and did a draft hair line. I was given some time to have a look and collect my thoughts. Dr Arika told me to take my time and any changes or lowering, we could do them. She then exited and returned to some of the other chaps to consult with them. We made a few changes once she returned. One thing that was funny... She stressed it was best to get things right at this stage rather than have to change later as that can be tricky. I quipped "like @MazAB?"... She paused for a second, realised who I meant within about 2 seconds and then explained Maz's case with the rows of singles and how they went about changing it after the fact. :D

A important point on the design consultations for anyone with a trip to Eugenix upcoming...

Prior to going to India, I'd imagined you spend 10 minutes sat with Dr Arika in an office/room discussing and planning the design in a one to one setting, going back and forth etc. It wasn't until I met with @DJ40two days prior in the hotel than I learned that this isn't quite how the design phase is conducted. Dr Arika will be consulting with different patients and bouncing between them, returning to check in on each one and get their thoughts & make amendments. At no point did I feel rushed and Dr Arika specifically told me verbatim "take your time". However, I can perfectly understand how the process might make people feel like everything is happening quite quickly and maybe neglect to ask questions, make requests for adjustments to the initial design and so on. Had I not been given a preview two nights before, I may well have gotten swept up myself. To some degree, I feel I maybe did a little anyway! I feel like this was probably the only part of the experience that didn't quite live up to my own expectations and could be done better. The approach doesn't feel as personal and attentive as it should do. I would have liked to have had my options discussed through one on one, different approaches chewed over, suggestions made and so on. Because I knew in advance that it wasn't going to be like that, I did spend a bit of extra time trying to get a clear idea of what I wanted in mind before going in. Whether I got things right will be known in 6/7/8 months time I suppose. So my advice for those going to New Dehli is a) try to have a firm picture in mind of what you want going in and b) make sure you ask questions, seek opinions and trial some designs when you're there - don't get swept up in things. Like I say, nobody was rushing me and any changes and questions I had were done/answered without any fuss and with total patience, but if you are going to Eugenix, make sure you ask whatever you feel you need to. Despite knowing this, I can't say I really maximised the design process and in hindsight wished I'd maybe tried one or two different ideas or sought more of an external/second opinion. I actually think the process is possibly one that suffers slightly from the growth of Eugenix at the moment. Like I say, it was really the only part of the whole process that I didn't feel was on par with the rest and I can see that it must be difficult to schedule quality one on one time with a patient on the morning of surgery when there's 3 or 4 surgeries booked in and you need to get down to business.

Once the design was done, it was straight into the OT. Everything during the course of the two days was kind of a blur once on the operating table. Anaesthetic is given all over the head, which stings like a bitch, and then Dr Arika proceeded with slit making. Because it's tricky to fully feel what is happening when, and who's doing what, I can't give too much information. As mentioned previously, I later learnt that I was oozing quite a lot. This explains why I need a fair amount of anaesthetic top-ups throughout the first day as every so often I could feel a sharp sting when a slit or graft was being inserted. For whatever reason, the extractions went smoothly and I don't recall ever needing a top up in the donor. Maybe once or twice but for the most part, that was fine. Apart from the injections, the only tough bit of the surgery is the part in which I was lying face down with my face in the gap (think masseuse table). I was in that position for quite some time and the pressure on your face and jaw is tough going after a while.

I was well looked after during the surgery. Everyone constantly checked if there's pain, checked if I needed a toilet break, checked if I needed a drink or some food. The techs sometimes gave me massages! On the first day, Anil spent a lot of time in the OT, checking in and making sure I was looked after. Dr Priyadarshini was around a lot and and older male doctor who's name I didn't get. The technicians were brilliant as were others members of the team. I regret not remembering everyone's name as they each deserve a mention.

The day concluded around 8.30pm - it was long slog! I was given a pillow cover, saline solution and medicines to take with me. That evening I popped a sleeping tablet to ensure no repeats of the night before and slept fine on my back. 

The next day, surgery commenced at approx. 11.25am. I think Dr Arika made some more slits to start things off and the work continued from there. I remembered to ask Dr Arika what she thought I had left in the tank after this FUE from both scalp and beard. She suggested 1000-1500 beard and said in total 7-8000 (which I assume includes the 2762 from this session). I should have clarified but I'm taking the conservative interpretation of that to mean:

~1500 beard + ~4000 scalp = ~5,500 BH & scalp remaining. If we add the 2,762 already harvested to that number, we arrive at approx. 8,300 in total, which is in the ball park for good coverage for a NW6 or 7. If she meant 1500 beard grafts plus 5,500 scalp then happy days. I highly doubt she meant 7000+1500 *after* this surgery!

The surgery continues in much the same way as the previous day. Later on, Dr Arika returned to inspect things and added some more slits for density, and close to the end, Dr Priyadarshini did the same thing, giving things a once over and finding some extra space for slits/density. I think we were done around 1pm.

As I said, it's kind of difficult to say who is doing what at each step. You can't see nor feel much that is happening around you. I felt the tech team were brilliant throughout and I'm really happy with the donor extractions. I've attached a picture of the donor area from today under harsh, bright indoor lighting. The missus says she can't tell, so it passes the litmus test!

Cheers :)

15ba6b04-c8c1-4cf8-bcdf-b115a9873fe7.JPG

@Berba11Your feedback is accepted & we will be working on rectifying the same. 

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

11 Days post-op Update - some concerns:

It's been 11 days since surgery and in truth some concerns are emerging. I don't want to jump the gun too early but equally, I'm a pretty calm and rational guy and I've done a lot research & seen a lot of post-op patient photos so some second opinions would be greatly appreciated just in case I'm losing my mind :D .

The first concern I have is the hairline design. It's almost impossible to get a photo that really conveys it but there's something not quite right. Actually, in photos and certain angles it can look quite good, but that's a bit of a trick. Dead straight in the mirror tells a slightly different story and I obviously can't capture that photo (believe me, I've tried!!). The hairline shape doesn't suit my face, is too much of a U-shape and is very symmetrical. I've gone back through a ton of other Eugenix cases here for comparison and consistently the hairline design immediately suits each case and has more macro-irregularities, less symmetry and a very suitable and natural facial-framing. I'd mentioned how the design process didn't quite live-up to expectations and I feel it's becoming apparent that this is reflected in the work/outcome. With longer hair months from now, it could well be workable and not an issue - I get that this is a waiting game, obviously.

The second concern I have is that I seem to have a lot of multi graft hairs very close to the front of the hairline. It may well be that this is exaggerating the appearance of the hairline/obscuring the design. There's a couple of doubles further back in one of the temple points - far enough into the native hair to not be an issue, but it's indicative of potential issues elsewhere. I've attached the best photos I could take in different lighting.

I'd very much welcome feedback.

DFA48F88-574B-4202-95CA-8B49B5D03D81.jpeg

5DE00675-5C3B-45E9-A5AF-1707DCD2AF18.jpeg

D46228CE-6456-42DE-B3BD-50BD2EB4B143.jpeg

BC18EF92-F276-4E02-9DD9-4844A3A871A7.jpeg

B209E5EC-804A-425C-88E6-C97975C9D7AB.jpeg

Edited by Berba11

Hey @Berba11, in my opinion the hairline design is probably the best overall conservative approach you could expect to frame your face. The lines and shape suit you very well, both on the hairline and temples. The only question is once the hair grows in, if you may want a lower hairline, which at that point you can play around with the shape and angles and make it exactly what you want. However, I believe you'll feel completely different and comfortable with the design once the hair grows in. Trust me, your mind plays tricks on you when you're just looking at shape of your HT without any real development. In my situation, even the first design that I went with still would have worked for me, but I would have had that slightly thinning/balding look. So instead of being a NW1, I had them redo it and make me NW Zero.:) Looking back at my initial procedure pictures though, and knowing what I know now, that design would have also worked and been a very good option for a conservative approach.  

They also used many doubles and many triples only 3 rows into my hairline, but ultimately you want that so the hairline does not have that transparency / see thru look to it. As long as it's a few rows into the hairline, you'll never spot them. Also, the micro and macro irregularities will not reveal themselves at this early of a stage. The refinement comes much much later, so don't drive yourself crazy thinking about that aspect of it yet. 

Trust me, you are on track and everything looks great brother!

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

• Like 4

I believe Maz is correct , if you use singles in many layer in hairline zone , you may end up with see through hairline which is not the best according  to my taste .. 

I believe irregularities  you have is good even in this early stage  , the while idea of having irregularities  is not to have a hairline that look like it's drawn with a ruler .

I guess it's hard to have more irregularity in your case with a u-shape hairline  , if you are having more straight hairline they may do more macro-irregularities .

• Like 2

Hi Berba! We have a similar head shape and I'll be honest, I think the hairline looks totally fine. I see what you mean by the slight 'roundedness' to it but it doesn't strike me as different or ill-fitting in any way.

I know that after my first FUE I was really unsure about the hairline for a good few months. It's only now that I'm happy it was higher and more conservative (once hair grows out it often gives the appearance of the hairline being lower than it is) and yours looks great in my opinion.

The sad part is you won't 'know' until about the 5 months. I found the best thing to do was just live my life and not look at it too much - easier said than done, I know.

• Like 2

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal

• Valued Contributor

@MazAB @H.K @rob7331 @JC71 - thank you all for your feedback, chaps! Very much appreciated.

Having gone back over some old photos and considered your words of wisdom, I think where maybe I'm struggling a bit is that I've never actually had a buzz cut this short with a hairline. I started buzzing down once my frontal third was shot to bits, so to now have this big long hairline suddenly across my head is quite the sea change.

I've attached two old pics - one from a few months ago, and one from around ten years ago (where I was receding but still had enough to work with). I'm thinking the reason the hairline now looks so drastic and is concerning me is simply because it's not balanced out by any length on the sides (yet). In fact, with the new hairs being slightly longer and thicker than the sides, it's exaggerating the hairline. Normally I have everything short and no hairline, so the the sudden contrast is probably not landing with me very well and as you say @JC71, buyers remorse is kicking in.

As you can see from the older photo, my large forehead and thinning hair don't really matter as there's enough framing as there's length on the sides. I'm think I'm starting to realise/appreciate the importance of some extra length on the sides and how much extra length a HT needs to look right. I'm *hoping* that as the sides get longer and appear darker then they'll match the top more and you say @rob7331 , when things grow out 5 months from now the hairline won't appear so severe. I've been buzzing down super short for years and years, so to suddenly have a very different look at this length and one in which the newly transplanted hairs jar with the native hair (plus the redness underneath) is a bit of shock to the system. It's reassuring to know you also wrestled with your hairline! I certainly don't have any issues with it being conservative. If anything I'm worried that it's too aggressive!

I should also add, there's angles that I do like and the side profiles look cool already in my view. The donor area (save for one small patch on one side that I'm not bothered about at all) is already good to go. I understand the need to put multi-graft hairs close to the hairline to avoid it becoming see-through, but I definitely have some in the first row and fair chunk in the second row. Ultimately, until it is all grown out and has some length, I won't know.

IMG-4776.thumb.jpg.1a41215af8f578cc451f8388784463bf.jpg

unnamed.jpg.c78a1968787a6e2844919e92341b64f8.jpg

• Like 1

It’s a stark difference to what you have been accustomed too whilst going down the hair loss route. It’s going to take time to get used to seeing the changes. Although like the rest of us I’m guessing your looking at it and examining every aspect of it multiple times per day. Good to hear there is already angles your liking 😀 

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

Hey Berba11 I've gone back to the start of this thread and looked at all of your pics. It's a big thing to go from no hairline to having one (something I'm about to find out myself). One thing to remember is that you are comparing your new hairline, not to your old hairline, but to your 'future' hairline. There is one post op pic you have in your thread that I don't see as symmetrical at all. It appears higher on the right and lower on the left (along with all the nuances of breaking it up). My 'amateur artistic view' is that your grafts have been placed in such a way that they will shingle from looking at you front on to create the illusion of greater density than having a lot of singles that will leave the frontal third looking wispish and thin. I believe looking at you front on the design will reveal itself as to why it appears this way so early in the post op period. As consistently strong that Eugenix seems to turn out their results I know that they treat every patient as an individual case and perform their surgery accordingly. I do hear your concerns but like myself I think at times we are our own worst judge. All the best!

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
45 minutes ago, JC71 said:

It’s a stark difference to what you have been accustomed too whilst going down the hair loss route. It’s going to take time to get used to seeing the changes. Although like the rest of us I’m guessing your looking at it and examining every aspect of it multiple times per day. Good to hear there is already angles your liking 😀 

To be fair John, that's another good point... Prior to a few pics at different lengths I took in the months before surgery, I've literally never taken so many pictures of my own face and head as I have in the past 12 days. I'm the guy that on his first ever backpacking trip 10 years ago, didn't even take a camera! So just the act of examining myself so closely is also pretty weird for me. The things I've noticed about my nose... 😆

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
32 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Hey Berba11 I've gone back to the start of this thread and looked at all of your pics. It's a big thing to go from no hairline to having one (something I'm about to find out myself). One thing to remember is that you are comparing your new hairline, not to your old hairline, but to your 'future' hairline. There is one post op pic you have in your thread that I don't see as symmetrical at all. It appears higher on the right and lower on the left (along with all the nuances of breaking it up). My 'amateur artistic view' is that your grafts have been placed in such a way that they will shingle from looking at you front on to create the illusion of greater density than having a lot of singles that will leave the frontal third looking wispish and thin. I believe looking at you front on the design will reveal itself as to why it appears this way so early in the post op period. As consistently strong that Eugenix seems to turn out their results I know that they treat every patient as an individual case and perform their surgery accordingly. I do hear your concerns but like myself I think at times we are our own worst judge. All the best!

Thanks mate.

Yes you're right - going back and reviewing some old pics where I liked the hairline and comparing to what my current new hairline could well be down the line does bring some relief. I think I may have to come to terms with the buzz cut not being a goer anymore, but then I didn't get a HT to rock a buzz anyway.

It's all going to shed soon regardless, which I actually think will help as there will be more of a transition in both directions over the next few months rather than the wholesale shock of a totally different look immediately post-op. I think a lot of it is simply the suddenness of the change from 12 days ago.

• Like 1