It's a Great Day For Aussies!!!

• Valued Contributor

Well if you live in Melbourne Australia you have lived in the city with the longest lockdown history of any city in the world during this Covid era. However, today is a great day. Today (pending full vaccinations, paperwork, etc) the States of NSW, Victoria and ACT have finally been allowed to let those living there (who are Australian citizens) wishing to travel overseas for a hair transplant (or a holiday for that matter)able to do so and return without having to quarantine. I myself have waited two years and it has been worth everyday of it for this. So there has never been a better time than now to really do your research if you feel that hair transplantation is something that you are considering.

• Like 11

• Administrators

Great news 👏🏼

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
8 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

When are you going Gatsby?

6 hours ago, raik783 said:

Glad to hear @Gatsby! Are you planning to go to Eugenix during the holidays?

I will be working through the holiday period and will be aiming to have surgery in March. I’ll be writing a fully documented write up, commencing from my ill fated decision from when I was 18 to having two ‘punch graft’ surgeries, the half a dozen surgeries to remove the grafts for six years afterwards, the many years of wearing a hair piece through to finally shaving my head and having SMP to what will be my final journey with Eugenix. I don’t intend to make my story all doom and gloom though. I’d like to make it also somewhat light hearted and to serve as hope for the many others out there who still today live in silence, regret and guilt and cannot see a way out. I feel fortunate in that in many ways this experience has actually made me a stronger person and I have been able to apply this lesson to many other areas of my life. 

• Like 7

Really stoked for you, @Gatsby

I know the long wait will be worth it for you!

6 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

to serve as hope for the many others out there who still today live in silence, regret and guilt and cannot see a way out

Someone will see your journey and know that there is light at the end of a very dark tunnel. Proud of you.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

I’ve just got off from a video call with Dr Pradeep and Dr Arika. It looks like I may now be going there for my surgery in mid December this year!!!😊

Awesome news @Gatsby!!! Excited that you're finally going to Eugenix! I'm heading there myself in December. I'll be in Delhi December 21 to 31 but my surgery is on the 27th. Maybe we'll see meet each other if you're still in India by the time I arrive.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

@raik783 well it sounds like we have a very good chance of crossing paths. If I do aim for December 15th I will be staying there for up to a week so we are sure to cross paths and I look forward to meeting you! 

Oh man seems like I’ll just be missing you 😞 

• Sad 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

@raik783 well it sounds like we have a very good chance of crossing paths. If I do aim for December 15th I will be staying there for up to a week so we are sure to cross paths and I look forward to meeting you! 

Good news never come alone! I hope we'll hear even better news after you're back from India!

• Thanks 1

I'm considering Dr Path or Dr Laorwong in Thailand. Did online consultations with them and both say I need around 2000 grafts, give or take, as I am only doing a hairline restoration on a NW3 (ish). I'll surely post my results here!

They both seems to do good work, who do you think does better hairline work (think medium gauge, medium curly, dark, greek hair)? 

Actually, i'll ask this in it's own thread

Edited by _lshy

3 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Well today the count down begins. I’m booked in with Eugenix for January 16th 2022. Not long now! 

Awesome man! Too bad I'll miss you but I'm excited to see your results on here. It'll be great. Curious what package you ended up going with?

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 6:04 AM, Gatsby said:

Well today the count down begins. I’m booked in with Eugenix for January 16th 2022. Not long now! 

Glad you finally booked with Eugenix :) ! Yeah , it's not so far, 2 months and you are there, wish you much success and to pass all best way, and as you expect ;) , as reading your post, know what all you past, and you are here help for all of us new guys, and really appreciate it, same as big experienced few other members like @Egy , @Portugal25 , @JC71 , @Melvin- Moderator , forum without you , will not be same :)  , sure and many other well experienced members deserve same level of respect!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

Well I've just got off the phone from Dr Arika from a video chat we've just had and I'm delighted to say that all of my anxieties and concerns have been put to rest (well 99.9% of them)! It's extremely difficult to get an ex patient who has had several bad surgical experiences with hair (especially from a young age) to be able to go back into the ring. Even decades later! It's almost an 'unconscious scar' if you like that keeps telling you to go the other way. I was really worried that I might not have the beard for what my surgery requires and that perhaps Dr Pradeep may have been slightly over optimistic in what can be achieved over the past couple of years. But I'm delighted to say that I was wrong and I am now VERY much looking forward to January 16th 2022. Apologies for the rant. But it's been 37 f$#king years of dealing with this since I was butchered and I'm the kind of person who doesn't count his eggs until they are in the pudding. But in closing, at least now my ghosts of my youth have been silenced and I look forward to sharing more hope to others who are and have been in the situation that I have gone through. Even more so, I hope to be able to continue to help even more other young men from making the mistakes that I did regardless of the outcome of my upcoming surgery. My DM is always open. Cheers!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1