It's a Great Day For Aussies!!!

20 hours ago, MazAB said:

Hi Adrian, I'd get a power converter / adapter. I got one and it was a life saver both in the room and also with the many hours and days spent at the clinic. I was working on the trip and could not have dealt without reliable power for both my cellphone and laptop. Bring a very small travel size spray bottle for hydrating the grafts. Something small enough that can go thru airport security. Bring some sweatshirt like, zip up jackets. Clinic can be very cold at times. 

Don't worry about medical caps, they give you a ton of disposables if you need extra. Otherwise, I think you'll be good. Eugenix for the most part, will take care of everything else you need. Even extra finasteride, which I'd highly recommend getting from them. It's a lot cheaper!

Congrats again in advance! I believe the major mental hurdle is behind you, and you can go with a clear mind and with major confidence that you will be handled with the most relentless attention to detail, and extreme care than you have ever experienced anywhere else. I remember after getting off the phone with you in India, Dr Sethi's exact words to me, "I can't wait until I get my hands on Adrian and give him the greatest head of hair he's ever seen!" 

This dude is beyond excited to mint you up my friend! That I can promise you!😎

I bore witness to that @MazAB..I was sitting right next to you at the time..

The Doc also added " his donor is better than he thinks it is " ....we high Norwoods  all suffer from pre op anxiety re will our donor stand up to the task...you'll be absolutely fine Adrian..

Not long left to wait mate...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, kirkland said:

First off, congratulations and best of luck in the upcoming surgery! 9 day countdown - you must be getting excited!

I went to the clinic at around 8 pm the night before surgery for additional blood work so you are not arriving late at all. Eugenix operates all times of the day and are used to accommodating international patients and their odd flight schedules. Dr. Sethi told me about an international patient who flew into New Delhi in the middle of the night, had his operation and then flew right back out again.

Very interesting @kirkland- Is their reason to be concerned that more errors may occur due to overworking and/or working odd hours?

Absolutely. If your surgical staff is overworked, mistakes will be made.

Eugenix seems to have a lot of staff so they may have the luxury of rotating out staff at the right times. There's no reason to believe that a surgical team working late into the night, over even overnight, is doing back-to-back-to-back surgeries.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And the support staff, like Anil, are working at odd hours all the time because they are dealing with lots of international patients. But they are not surgical staff so I was not concerned about meeting Anil at the clinic at 8 pm on a Sunday night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Excited for you @Gatsby!! I’ve been a  lurker for a few months now and followed your story closely. 

You deserve a tremendous outcome and I’m sure you’ll get it with Eugenix and all your knowledge and research. Hope you’ll stick around here in 12 months when you have a luscious set of Fabio locks 😜

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

When I arrive at New Delhi airport I won't have service connection for my iphone. My SIM card is only valid within Australia. I have to go on a plan here with the different service providers if I want to use one on roam. When I travel overseas I always just buy a SIM card at the airport when I arrive. However with Covid now they are going to want to see my international covid proof of vaccination, negative PCR results, etc. I won't be able to have phone coverage until after I am through customs to buy an Indian phone card. I think @kirkland mentioned he had a similar issue? I'm just wondering how others have dealt with this when go to Eugenix if they have a similar problem? I will be printing out a hard copy of my proof of vaccination and my negative covid test. Many thanks in advance! 🙏

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I will be printing out a hard copy of my proof of vaccination and my negative covid test

Definitely a good idea. I believe you also have to upload those documents to the Air Suvidha Portal so you should also hard print a copy of the portal document itself.

To access wifi in the Indira Gandhi airport, you need a One-Time Password (OTP) that is sent via SMS to your phone. I wasn't able to receive a text message so couldn't get the OTP. I had to wait until I cleared customs and was able to go to a tourist kiosk just near the exit in order to get a OTP. Weird system. A quick Google search shows that other international visitors also have a similar problem of not receiving a text to their number with the OTP.

The hard copies of your documents help you to get through customs without needing access to wifi but since my flight was almost 2 hours late, I couldn't connect to Maudit through WhatsApp after disembarking and was concerned that my pickup at the airport might have left. Of course, my driver did wait as they were watching the flight board showing the delay.

One workaround is to ask someone from India if they could request the OTP using their number.

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

Well today after a four hour wait I finally finished having my Covid test. Hopefully I will receive the results back tomorrow so I can upload them and other information on the Indian Air Suvidha Portal. Then early the next morning it's off to India!! 😊 👌

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

Well in 12 hours from now I will finally be heading off to Eugenix after a two year wait. A big thank you to so many of you who helped me along the way (especially over the past couple of months). @Zoomster you may have an older brother by the time I get back. Here's hoping! 🤞

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Well in 12 hours from now I will finally be heading off to Eugenix after a two year wait. A big thank you to so many of you who helped me along the way (especially over the past couple of months). @Zoomster you may have an older brother by the time I get back. Here's hoping! 🤞

Let’s hope the wait is worth it.. good luck you are one of the top members on here mate, I’m sure it’ll work out well. 👍🏻

2 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Go get em bro 😎!!...we are all tuned in on this one ...

the very best of luck 🤞 

On 1/14/2022 at 11:51 AM, Gatsby said:

Well today after a four hour wait I finally finished having my Covid test. Hopefully I will receive the results back tomorrow so I can upload them and other information on the Indian Air Suvidha Portal. Then early the next morning it's off to India!! 😊 👌

I flew from Sydney on 12th through Air India. I had my FUE 1500 grafts yesterday in Eugenix and I'm currently staying in Westin. Which hotel did they book you in. 

• Moderators
On 1/8/2022 at 3:20 AM, Gatsby said:

When I arrive at New Delhi airport I won't have service connection for my iphone. My SIM card is only valid within Australia. I have to go on a plan here with the different service providers if I want to use one on roam. When I travel overseas I always just buy a SIM card at the airport when I arrive. However with Covid now they are going to want to see my international covid proof of vaccination, negative PCR results, etc. I won't be able to have phone coverage until after I am through customs to buy an Indian phone card. I think @kirkland mentioned he had a similar issue? I'm just wondering how others have dealt with this when go to Eugenix if they have a similar problem? I will be printing out a hard copy of my proof of vaccination and my negative covid test. Many thanks in advance! 🙏

Probably too late for Gatsby, but for anyone else, in the USA I can temporarily switch my cell phone service to an international service plan for an extra monthly fee. You just change it before you go and then change it back when you get back to your home country. Depending on when the billing cycle is and how long you are gone, it would only be a one or two month extra charge. I don't know if that is available in Australia.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.