It's a Great Day For Aussies!!!

• Valued Contributor

I just received a call from my travel agent. My flight to India has just been made even easier. Originally I had to have a stop over in Darwin for the night heading to Eugenix and my return flight involved a stop over of a few hours in Sydney coming home. My flights now will be Melbourne direct to Delhi and on my return direct Delhi to Melbourne. The only thing is that I will be arriving at 6pm the evening before surgery (as opposed to 3:40pm).

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I just received a call from my travel agent. My flight to India has just been made even easier. Originally I had to have a stop over in Darwin for the night heading to Eugenix and my return flight involved a stop over of a few hours in Sydney coming home. My flights now will be Melbourne direct to Delhi and on my return direct Delhi to Melbourne. The only thing is that I will be arriving at 6pm the evening before surgery (as opposed to 3:40pm).

Can't wait for you to get your procedure done.  I'm very excited for you :)  I've been on these forums a very short amount of time, but you seem like a swell guy and are very helpful with everyone else here.  You deserve the best!

What kind of procedure are you getting exactly?  I assume BHT with some donor hair at hairline?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Check out my journey here:

• Valued Contributor
35 minutes ago, MadeUp said:

What is the process for travelling to and from India? I am double vaxxed, I assume I just need to get a Covid test before leaving Australia and another done on return? Are these organised at the airport itself?

It's best to go to a travel agent like Flight Center, etc. Yesterday Australia commenced direct flights to Delhi (and possibly Mumbai, Chennai, etc). My flight is not until January 2022. So you buy a ticket and apply for an online visa. In terms of PCR testing I was told to wait until closer to the date as Australia may have changed the rules on PCR testing. However you will probably still require one for India. All the best!

• Valued Contributor

I've decided to stop shaving my scalp (as of three days ago) and I will be going the full 'Krusty the Clown' look right up until I get to Eugenix on January 16th 2022 (hell I've sported worse looks on my noggin)! I'll start showing updated pics every two weeks to give people a better idea of my donor hair as it grows out more. Also I am having my SMP hairline lasered back this week by about 1cm to reveal the hairline scar and also to prevent any SMP remaining in front of the new hair transplanted hairline.

You might like the ‘krusty’ look so much that you decide to cancel the ht!

just kidding…great idea @Gatsby. It will also allow the doctors to see and feel you hair grown out in length and may impact their design.

Rooting for you!

• Haha 1

• Valued Contributor
On 11/28/2021 at 2:45 AM, SLA said:

You might like the ‘krusty’ look so much that you decide to cancel the ht!

just kidding…great idea @Gatsby. It will also allow the doctors to see and feel you hair grown out in length and may impact their design.

Rooting for you!

@SLAI might be stuck with a ‘Krusty the Clown’ look with this new Corona variant! 😬 Hoping Australia (and most of the world) doesn’t lock down international travel once again!🤞 It’s as if the anti hair transplant Gods have it in for me??? Will be closely watching this one! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

@SLAI might be stuck with a ‘Krusty the Clown’ look with this new Corona variant! 😬 Hoping Australia (and most of the world) doesn’t lock down international travel once again!🤞 It’s as if the anti hair transplant Gods have it in for me??? Will be closely watching this one! 

Wait… what there’s actually hair gods ? Damn I wish I knew this 😂🤣

• Haha 1

• Valued Contributor

Well today I'm having about 1cm of my SMP hairline lasered back. It covers the frontal scar but is really too low. Hopefully it will result in the transplanted hairline being in front of the SMP hairline and not behind it. My native hair/s 😉 have now been growing out for the past 12 days. I'll post up some pics of my per op hair when it gets to about one month. 👍

• 5 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor

Well I'm FINALLY only TEN DAYS away from arriving at Eugenix for surgery. I just wanted to ask those who have been to Eugenix what I should be bringing with me (and what I shouldn't bother with)? I'll be staying there with Dr Pradeep for seven days. I'm thinking button open shirt for the surgery, head rest pillow to sleep, etc? Many thanks in advance also for the support over the past month or so with the many doubts and anxieties I've gone through about surgery again after the horror experiences from when I was 18 to @JC71, @MazAB, @Zoomster, @kirkland @Melvin- Moderator and many more that I know I have left out. 🙏

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Gatsby said:

As many as we can find!!!! 😉 Hopefully over 7,000 grafts with many of that being beard (possibly even some chest if needed?). 👍

good luck. You deserve a great result which I think you will have

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

Well I'm FINALLY only TEN DAYS away from arriving at Eugenix for surgery. I just wanted to ask those who have been to Eugenix what I should be bringing with me (and what I shouldn't bother with)? I'll be staying there with Dr Pradeep for seven days. I'm thinking button open shirt for the surgery, head rest pillow to sleep, etc? Many thanks in advance also for the support over the past month or so with the many doubts and anxieties I've gone through about surgery again after the horror experiences from when I was 18 to @JC71, @MazAB, @Zoomster, @kirkland @Melvin- Moderator and many more that I know I have left out. 🙏

Covid related stuff: masks, face shield, vaccine passport, paracetamol, funds to potentially extend your stay.

Good luck and stay safe!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

what I should be bringing with me

I think you have covered most of it.

Eugenix provides a large refill bottle of saline solution that you will have to put in your checked luggage but a small empty spray bottle (100 ml) for having on the return flight for the saline solution is helpful.

• Thanks 1

Hi Adrian, I'd get a power converter / adapter. I got one and it was a life saver both in the room and also with the many hours and days spent at the clinic. I was working on the trip and could not have dealt without reliable power for both my cellphone and laptop. Bring a very small travel size spray bottle for hydrating the grafts. Something small enough that can go thru airport security. Bring some sweatshirt like, zip up jackets. Clinic can be very cold at times. 

Don't worry about medical caps, they give you a ton of disposables if you need extra. Otherwise, I think you'll be good. Eugenix for the most part, will take care of everything else you need. Even extra finasteride, which I'd highly recommend getting from them. It's a lot cheaper!

Congrats again in advance! I believe the major mental hurdle is behind you, and you can go with a clear mind and with major confidence that you will be handled with the most relentless attention to detail, and extreme care than you have ever experienced anywhere else. I remember after getting off the phone with you in India, Dr Sethi's exact words to me, "I can't wait until I get my hands on Adrian and give him the greatest head of hair he's ever seen!" 

This dude is beyond excited to mint you up my friend! That I can promise you!😎

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 11/23/2021 at 2:00 AM, Gatsby said:

The only thing is that I will be arriving at 6pm the evening before surgery (as opposed to 3:40pm).

First off, congratulations and best of luck in the upcoming surgery! 9 day countdown - you must be getting excited!

I went to the clinic at around 8 pm the night before surgery for additional blood work so you are not arriving late at all. Eugenix operates all times of the day and are used to accommodating international patients and their odd flight schedules. Dr. Sethi told me about an international patient who flew into New Delhi in the middle of the night, had his operation and then flew right back out again.

• Thanks 1