7000 Grafts @ Eugenix with Dr Sethi

Hello Folks,

I come from Dublin in Ireland and have been suffering from severe MPB since my mid-20s. I’ve got four FUTs done already, the first one being when I was just 25 years old. My last FUT was back in 2010. I made the classical mistake of not doing enough research, not once but four times, since I settled for one of the only two local clinics in Ireland at that time. Not only did I end up getting four FUT scars at the back of my scalp, I also got some very poor results in terms of coverage, so poor that even after the transplant I had to resort to hair fibers & other camouflaging products to cover my bald areas. I honestly don’t remember how many grafts they implanted during the FUTs but I did continue taking finasteride & also used topical minoxidil since 2006. While medication did slow down the progression, it never stopped completely. Six years later, I went to Dr Alexander who suggested another FUT in 2016. Going by my past experience, I was too scared and sceptical of getting yet another scar and hence decided to research more. I listened to BTT and their podcasts – which made me learn a lot more about hair restoration in general. I narrowed down my search to two clinics viz. Medikemos in Belgium and Eugenix in India. I had a video consultation with Dr Sethi later. Apart from the insightful conversation I had with him, Dr Sethi also helped me get in touch with another Irish patient @Zoomster. I was completely blown away by his results, moreover I was so relieved to have finally got an ex-patient’s perspective on the clinic.

After that it didn’t take me long to choose Eugenix where I got my procedure booked for August 2020, but then I couldn’t travel because of the restrictions and waited till October 2021. Yes, there are still quite a few COVID protocols in place related to PCR tests, health declarations and medical visa, but once I was here, the procedure went on quite smoothly. I had complete trust and confidence in Dr Sethi’s envisioning of my hairline & possible coverage, so the entire session was quite comforting. I was impressed by the medical hygiene maintained at the clinic compared to what I have seen in the past and also by the professionalism of their assisting technicians.

I am very hopeful of getting good results now but at the same time keeping my expectations realistic. I shall be sharing more updates here regularly. Cheers!

• Like 5

@IrishWarriorwe just missed each other at Eugenix. I'm glad that the surgery went well for you. As there is an intense amount of interest in Eugenix right now, please do share as much information, including pics, as you are comfortable with. 7k grafts after 4 FUT's is going to pique the interest of a lot people, including myself, as to what's now possible for the previously considered impossible. 

I won't get tired of saying this: Eugenix has taken FUE surgery to another level. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@IrishWarrior you are far from alone in what you have been through but I thoughts are with you. You have gone to a clinic that are more than equipped to take on the challenges that you have been through. I have had two bad procedures at the ripe old age of 18 that left me with requiring further surgery and leaving me with scars in the donor area and along the hairline! I would love to see some pics of where you have come from and where you are heading. Wishing you all the best and thank you for sharing!

@Berba11 yes indeed! @JC71 @digi23 a total of 3231 grafts from my scalp donor & 3769 grafts from my beard donor were extracted and then placed on the frontal area. Dr Sethi opined that the hair on the front that were transplanted earlier were actually misaligned, put in wrong directions and angles, some were implanted at an angle of more than 90 degrees to the skin surface. So, he extracted those wrongly implanted grafts and placed them over the mid scalp. The temple area was also addressed. Overall, it was very exciting. My FUT scars - the doctor initially thought of putting hair over there, but we ran short of grafts. I have decided that I will go to Milan to do an SMP over there after 4 weeks from now.

1.thumb.jpg.a77b7d1f687a7103aef36f08139b5f29.jpg2.thumb.jpg.a02b7ceb0fc2ca0d9ec7560a512c4252.jpg5.thumb.jpg.f37ba5c2d74a739c9033e689f715736e.jpg6.thumb.jpg.c4ec37f7ec115c2d801bf53a208457e2.jpg7.5.thumb.jpg.5ff8fe5a9422e17d34c1ff65e621d2f9.jpg7.thumb.jpg.761517d1f66eef8c44d14e61ac132e4a.jpg8.thumb.jpg.f22244cb81619a57e54dc11e8de9d536.jpg9.thumb.jpg.56c1746a1c1a3386388721e5efd80e99.jpg10.thumb.jpg.6df9f77b128859d52d6bf64c5c0d990a.jpg11.thumb.jpg.34c4a3af667c03ba1761c7396ff2427e.jpg12.thumb.jpg.3aeeb9e67c59b7d87e6b4e45e9caece1.jpg13.thumb.jpg.7eed0b37fdea8b9d349c510964821f53.jpg

Edited by IrishWarrior
Edit
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Oh man those FUT scars 😢 reminds me a lot of @Gatsbyscarring. So pleased that Eugenix have been able to do a repair ! We all know they excel in this area. 
Nothing short of remarkable to be able to recover from your starting point ! Thanks so much for the pics 🙏

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@IrishWarrior this is going to be your redemption! Also you still have hair from previous work that will add density to Dr Pradeep's work. I would not be in a hurry to have SMP and I would just follow your own journey from Eugenix in restoring your hair. SMP shouldn't be performed until 12 months after surgery. The reason is that you run a real risk of the SMP migrating as FUE scars, etc heal and change color, texture, etc over this period. I do agree that SMP will add to the final result. This is what I have in terms of scars so I really am so happy for you in finally getting back what you truly deserve!

IMG_0056.jpg

DSCF0590.jpg

• Like 5

Looks great @IrishWarriorI am really looking forward to your updates. 

And I agree with @Gatsbyabout waiting for at least 1 year before you try SMP in the scars. When I had SMP done back in 2015, my technician, who had already done a fair bit of work for FUT scars, told me that it can be hard to get the SMP to take in scar tissue. And I assume that if you are going to Milan to have the work done, you will be visiting the Milena Lardi clinic? Probably about a good a clinic in the world for tricopigmentation.

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

@kirkland has raised an excellent point . SMP and tricopigmentation are two separate procedures in terms of results. SMP will last for several years whereas tricho will general fade away by 12 months (this obviously will vary). The difference is the depth and ink used. Milena Lardi is world renowned for her tricho work. I just wanted to add this in case. Waiting 12 months is still a good strategy in terms of tissue healing overall. All the best!

• Like 2

@IrishWarrior another option to discuss with Eugenix is the potential of Chest hair implanted into donor. I spoke with Dr Pradeep about this very topic, and I know he mentioned that instead of SMP into the donor, a better option is body hair into donor. I know for a fact that he's done many procedures with beard hair back to donor, and to a limited extend I believe he's also done chest hair to donor for those candidates that have depleted donor on both scalp and beard. 

Definitely worth the discussion...

So happy to see you are in nothing but the best of hands now! You can finally rest easy my friend.

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 2

Just an update of Day 6 after my surgery with Eugenix. The recipient area and donor area are healing well. In particular my beard donor area has practically healed completely and my beard hair has begun growing out again (very little sign that over 3000 grafts were extracted less than a week ago). The Day 7 head wash is tomorrow so I'll let you all know how it goes.

20211020_214145.jpg

20211020_214047.jpg

IMG-20211020-WA0031.jpg

IMG-20211020-WA0029.jpg

20211020_213939.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, IrishWarrior said:

Just an update of Day 6 after my surgery with Eugenix. The recipient area and donor area are healing well. In particular my beard donor area has practically healed completely and my beard hair has begun growing out again (very little sign that over 3000 grafts were extracted less than a week ago). The Day 7 head wash is tomorrow so I'll let you all know how it goes.

20211020_214145.jpg

20211020_214047.jpg

IMG-20211020-WA0031.jpg

IMG-20211020-WA0029.jpg

20211020_213939.jpg

Looking good already. So excited to see this result!

17 hours ago, IrishWarrior said:

20211020_214145.jpg

20211020_214047.jpg

IMG-20211020-WA0031.jpg

IMG-20211020-WA0029.jpg

20211020_213939.jpg

What thickness is your hair, would you say? thin, medium or thick? 

Did Eugenix give you a thickness of micron size?