7000 Grafts @ Eugenix with Dr Sethi

@IrishWarriorI wish I had had the chance to meet you since we were at the clinic at the same time. 

If you go for SMP into the scars, you can't do better than Milena Lardi. Plus it gives you an excuse to go to Milan.

Happy for your growth. It's going to thicken up nicely. With some well placed fibers, you will look a whole new warrior.

• Administrators

Wow amazing so far man, I’m very happy for you.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...

6 MONTH UPDATE

Hi all,

Just to give you my current update of photos 6 months post surgery with Dr Pradeep Sethi at Eugenix Hair Science. I took this photos shortly after I got out of bed, hence the kind of messy and unstyled appearance. 

As I mentioned in my previous post from my 5 month update, the current results are a vast improvement to my hair pre-surgery and an improvement was my one expectation. I could be wrong but it is my understanding that 50-60% of transplanted grafts should have sprouted at this stage. I still don't have full coverage and my temple points are still kind of thin, so my daily routine of a small amount of dermmatch with hair fibres helps acheive the illusion of better coverage.  My scalp hair is naturally straight but I also find that the majority of the beard grafts that were implanted in my mid scalp and crown seem to have a wirey and wispy appearance (particularly noticeable in the overhead photo and the rear of head photo) which may settle as they mature over the next number of months. I still have not got a hair cut since my surgery last October and despite the length of my hair, my previous FUT scars are still slightly visible from the back without the daily use of concealers (dermmatch, fibres, etc.) so I am undecided as to whether to go with SMP with Milena Lardi at Beauty Medical or to consider a further FUE procedure of grafts into the old FUT scars. This is something for me to consider maybe next year.

For my 7 month update, I have promised Dr Pradeep that I will do a video update along with high quality resolution photographs - both of which I will try and upload to here too.

Thanks for all the support and kind words too guys.

20220418_101637.jpg

20220418_101615.jpg

20220418_101707.jpg

20220418_101828.jpg

20220418_101436.jpg

20220418_101507.jpg

20220418_101542.jpg

• Like 3

All I can say is it keeps getting better and better mate …I’d be inclined to put beard hair into the FUT scars to repair what the previous butcher did to you ..save as much scalp hair as you can

only 6 months in on a 12 to 18 months process 

thanks for sharing 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

I didn't actually notice the donor scars when I first scanned through your pictures. It was only from reading Zoomster's reply and then going back and looking again that I noticed.

Personally I don't think you've much to worry about with the donor scars, though I appreciate you'll likely feel a lot differently. I don't know how well concealed they could ever really be, and you may end up chasing a phantom trying to get them covered. I think it looks fine as it is personally.

The rest of your hair is coming along nicely!

This is such an improvement

The hairline is perfect, soft, strong and natural.  

Now that you have the hairline taken care of, you can focus on everything behind it. Definitely consider SMP for the scar

Very looking forward to see your progress in the next 3 months sir

Great progress and more to come! You have made such HUGE strides. The next couple of months will show an even greater improvement! Beard grafts already mix in well and will continue to improve over time.

Everything looks so natural at the 6 month mark. I do agree with @Zoomster on the FUT scars. Did Dr P suggest beard grafts into the donor scars at any point? If you do take care of that, it would give you more options for different hair styles and potentially going shorter on the sides. Otherwise, it is a vast improvement overall for you!

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

Edited by MazAB

19 hours ago, IrishWarrior said:

6 MONTH UPDATE

Hi all,

Just to give you my current update of photos 6 months post surgery with Dr Pradeep Sethi at Eugenix Hair Science. I took this photos shortly after I got out of bed, hence the kind of messy and unstyled appearance. 

As I mentioned in my previous post from my 5 month update, the current results are a vast improvement to my hair pre-surgery and an improvement was my one expectation. I could be wrong but it is my understanding that 50-60% of transplanted grafts should have sprouted at this stage. I still don't have full coverage and my temple points are still kind of thin, so my daily routine of a small amount of dermmatch with hair fibres helps acheive the illusion of better coverage.  My scalp hair is naturally straight but I also find that the majority of the beard grafts that were implanted in my mid scalp and crown seem to have a wirey and wispy appearance (particularly noticeable in the overhead photo and the rear of head photo) which may settle as they mature over the next number of months. I still have not got a hair cut since my surgery last October and despite the length of my hair, my previous FUT scars are still slightly visible from the back without the daily use of concealers (dermmatch, fibres, etc.) so I am undecided as to whether to go with SMP with Milena Lardi at Beauty Medical or to consider a further FUE procedure of grafts into the old FUT scars. This is something for me to consider maybe next year.

For my 7 month update, I have promised Dr Pradeep that I will do a video update along with high quality resolution photographs - both of which I will try and upload to here too.

20220418_101637.jpg

20220418_101615.jpg

20220418_101707.jpg

20220418_101828.jpg

20220418_101436.jpg

20220418_101507.jpg

20220418_101542.jpg

Looking good. Wish you a steady growth in the months to come.

• Valued Contributor
22 hours ago, IrishWarrior said:

6 MONTH UPDATE

Hi all,

20220418_101637.jpg

20220418_101615.jpg

20220418_101707.jpg

20220418_101828.jpg

20220418_101436.jpg

20220418_101507.jpg

20220418_101542.jpg

If you are inclined to address your FUT donor scars then I would definitely avoid using any of your scalp or beard hair. Use body hair like I did (either from your chest or toilet area like I did. If it works who cares)!!

• Like 2

• Administrators

Massive improvement 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 5:16 PM, THE TRUTH said:

Did you go to Dr. Maurice Collins at Hair Restoration Blackrock for your first 4 failed FUTs ? 

Hi The Truth,

No, my first 4 hair restorations (if you want to call them a restoration) was with a guy called Dr Conor Kiely at Kiely Healthcare based in Cork, Ireland.  I heard a lot of rumours after mine that he butchered others too and he seems to have disappeared about 12 years ago.