Hard to find some ( independent ) successful hairlines cases results for Konior patients. Or is it just a feeling... ???

Hey guys,

I am considering to go with Konior for a FUT someday even if the waiting list is long.

His results for hairline exposed on his website are just amazing. They look natural and very dense. He also posts the same cases on this forum. 

Nevertheless... the few cases of Konior patients who published independently their photos on this forum are far to be as much amazing I feel...

I would even say they are a bit disappointing regarding the quality and the density of the hairlines. I can still read some admiring messages from some users but I understand that some of them are just trying to be encouraging.

So am I the only one to see that and have this feeling, or is there really a big quality difference btw the cases published by the doctor and the independent patients cases...???

I'm not trying to be negative toward Dr. konior of course. I just want to understand.

Thanks !!!

• Administrators

I would say the opposite, his cases are often beyond successful on this site. A recent case @MagnificentAlcomes to mind. Also @Tao @aaron1234@makehairgreatagain there are too many to list. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Dr Konior is arguably one of the best worldwide. Consistent results for the last 2 decades. Very rarely see anything apart from excellent results. And to be honest no Clinic has 100% hit rate. However Dr Konior is as close as you can get. 

• Like 2

Best in the biz.  Here's a link to my case: 

• Like 2

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

On 7/14/2021 at 6:53 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I would say the opposite, his cases are often beyond successful on this site. A recent case @MagnificentAlcomes to mind. Also @Tao @aaron1234@makehairgreatagain there are too many to list. 

Please remember that I am only talking about the natural aspect and density of the hairline, not the crown or the other area.

I would do the following comments about the successful cases you mention :

@MagnificentAl Impressive resultats ! Althought he probably has thicker hair than average caucasians  

@Tao excellent longevity of the grafts over 10 years, but no pics of the hairline base

@aaron1234 Good result but Konior only helped refill the hairline created by Shapito it seems. Also, he is blond and photo of the hairline would deserve to be more clear

@makehairgreatagain Can't find his case. 

On my side I found the following cases for which I feel the hairline is not a success :

Good hairline structure but way too low density

Good hairline structure but not great density at 5 month

2 years. Low density

low density

low density

Also, there are quite some cases for which the photos don't allow to appreciate well the hairline quality. Even this is the most sensitive and valuable part in a HT :

can't see well the hairline

can't see well the hairline

photo not clear. Not caucasian

angle of hairline photo from up to down, not clear

Again, I'm not here to say bad things about Dr. Konior. I have actually no doubt that that he is a very experienced and a honest doctor. 

But I just want to have others member's reaction about what I perceive, which is that the quality of the hairline cases published by Dr. Konior on the forum and on his website are just outstanding but that there is quite a gap with the Member's cases published here.

Here's my story for you to see, he also did my hairline but I didn't document it. 

Have you contacted his office for a consultation and to see more results? Who are you benchmarking him against? I think your expectations are skewed to the point that you won't achieve the hairline and density you had when you were 14. If you look at where the majority of us started from until at least a year after, it's a night and day difference.

• Like 2

I noticed you haven't looked at either @1978matt first two rounds or @Spanker, both have very dense hairline results.  I've seen Spanker in person a number of times and his hairline is nothing short of Hollywood.  Keep in mind the hairline density of each individual varies because we all bring unique hair characteristics and NW levels to the table.  As a NW5-6 I will not achieve the same hairline density as the aforementioned cases.  Adjust your expectations accordingly.

Edited by aaron1234
  • Like 2

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

17 minutes ago, makehairgreatagain said:

Here's my story for you to see, he also did my hairline but I didn't document it. 

Have you contacted his office for a consultation and to see more results? Who are you benchmarking him against?c

Thanks for sharing your case, and congratulations you have a nice hairline ! Although to be frank the result would be less spectacular if you had black hair.

I plan to contact Dr. K once I make up my mind in August / September. I don't plan to ask him for more results as his website and this forum already offer tons of them.

In my opinion, the 2 surgeons who have the best results are Konior ( despite all my questions ) and Bisanga. The sensitive point for me is the hairline, but it's really hard to find some specific surgeons' members cases which have constant great results.  

I'm not looking to have hair like when I was 14 of course. We all know that it is not possible. But a natural looking hairline with good density.

34 minutes ago, aaron1234 said:

I noticed you haven't looked at either @1978matt first two rounds or @Spanker, both have very dense hairline results.  I've seen Spanker in person a number of times and his hairline is nothing short of Hollywood.  Keep in mind the hairline density of each individual varies because we all bring unique hair characteristics and NW levels to the table.  As a NW5-6 I will not achieve the same hairline density as the aforementioned cases.  Adjust your expectations accordingly.

Thank you and indeed @1978matt 's resultts are great. For Spanker I remember I saw his case photos but cannot find them right now. Thanks to confirm that yu met him and that he had great results and i have no doubt that there are some many more.

Also thanks for reminding that indeed everyone's characteristics will give different results. So true !

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, michelshanghai said:

Also thanks for reminding that indeed everyone's characteristics will give different results. So true !

Definitely start your own thread with pics so the experienced members on this forum can give you more specific advice for your case.  We're happy to help.  It's hard to know what to expect until you get a HT yourself. 

• Administrators
Just now, aaron1234 said:

Definitely start your own thread with pics so the experienced members on this forum can give you more specific advice for your case.  We're happy to help.  It's hard to know what to expect until you get a HT yourself. 

This guy isn’t genuine. I had my suspicions, but his behavior sealed it. Bumping year old threads to post his thread, then going on the attack when questioned. Clearly he had an agenda:

Wrote about in the “how to detect trolls/shills” guide

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Oh well.

I've updated my 2013 thread anyway as it's been 8 years near enough.

• Like 2

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators
Just now, makehairgreatagain said:

@Melvin- Moderator I questioned it too but decided to give the benefit of the doubt. They've been crawling out of the woodwork lately.

I have and will always be a big proponent of free-speech. I value open dialogue, and if there are legitimate concerns by all means express them, especially if you are a patient.

But these faceless people who join and start posting disparaging remarks about a surgeon and start looking up old threads to bump and post their thread are not genuine. I have been on this forum for almost a decade. I can smell it a mile away. 

The excuse is always “I’m interested in going here” and then it’s shade after shade, after shade. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you don’t like a surgeon, you don’t have to go there, simple, hell you’ve given examples and told us why. That’s fair, I have no issues with that.

Systematically bumping old threads and posting to stir drama is obvious, and that I won’t stand for, when questioned they always lash out uber aggressively to another telltale sign.

To the forum member who seems to love this drama, and always like these posts and question mine, if you have a problem let me know in pm. 

• Like 4

View my thread

17 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I have and will always be a big proponent of free-speech. I value open dialogue, and if there are legitimate concerns by all means express them, especially if you are a patient.

But these faceless people who join and start posting disparaging remarks about a surgeon and start looking up old threads to bump and post their thread are not genuine. I have been on this forum for almost a decade. I can smell it a mile away. 

The excuse is always “I’m interested in going here” and then it’s shade after shade, after shade. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you don’t like a surgeon, you don’t have to go there, simple, hell you’ve given examples and told us why. That’s fair, I have no issues with that.

Systematically bumping old threads and posting to stir drama is obvious, and that I won’t stand for, when questioned they always lash out uber aggressively to another telltale sign.

To the forum member who seems to love this drama, and always like these posts and question mine, if you have a problem let me know in pm. 

I don't ~love drama~, I simply disagree with you. I'm sure there are others who do as well, but they don't want to get on your bad side like I clearly am.

I really don't see anything wrong with how @michelshanghai (or @Huncholini) are posting. Simply claiming they're trolls/shills without actual evidence doesn't make it true. As an impartial observer, it doesn't seem likely. I don't see what kind of motive they would have to do so anyway. They seem genuinely interested in the work performed by these surgeons and are asking valuable questions.

For example, I would agree that Konior's hairlines aren't always that dense. There are a few reasons for that which a new forum member may not be aware of - Konior tends to be more conservative, he doesn't do more than ~2000 grafts FUE or ~3000 grafts FUT in a session, and he often spreads out the grafts over a large area if that is needed. I don't think there's anything wrong with how he operates, as long as the patient has the right expectations. And as long as a patient makes their goals clear, I don't think Konior would have any problem with achieving a dense hairline (@Egott92 is a good recent example).

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, giegnosiganoe said:

I don't ~love drama~, I simply disagree with you. I'm sure there are others who do as well, but they don't want to get on your bad side like I clearly am.

I really don't see anything wrong with how @michelshanghai (or @Huncholini) are posting. Simply claiming they're trolls/shills without actual evidence doesn't make it true. As an impartial observer, it doesn't seem likely. I don't see what kind of motive they would have to do so anyway. They seem genuinely interested in the work performed by these surgeons and are asking valuable questions.

For example, I would agree that Konior's hairlines aren't always that dense. There are a few reasons for that which a new forum member may not be aware of - Konior tends to be more conservative, he doesn't do more than ~2000 grafts FUE or ~3000 grafts FUT in a session, and he often spreads out the grafts over a large area if that is needed. I don't think there's anything wrong with how he operates, as long as the patient has the right expectations. And as long as a patient makes their goals clear, I don't think Konior would have any problem with achieving a dense hairline (@Egott92 is a good recent example).

No, you clearly love the drama, there have been several occasions, not just one. I recall last year a guy named hairgain22 attacked the forum, members, including surgeons and your response was to applaud and laugh, speaks volumes of you as a person and your character. 

Genuine people do not join to disparage a surgeon they’re interested in, and then look up old threads to bump. That’s not genuine, that’s someone with an agenda. It’s clear as day. I posted receipts of huncholini post history and it was filled with backhanded remarks at Bisanga patients -clear pattern, if you believe that’s genuine than that’s on you. I’ve been here long enough to smell the fakes. Any further discussion feel free to send a pm. 

• Like 3

View my thread

8 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

No, you clearly love the drama, there have been several occasions, not just one. I recall last year a guy named hairgain22 attacked the forum, members, including surgeons and your response was to applaud and laugh, speaks volumes of you as a person and your character. 

Genuine people do not join to disparage a surgeon they’re interested in, and then look up old threads to bump. That’s not genuine, that’s someone with an agenda. It’s clear as day. I posted receipts of huncholini post history and it was filled with backhanded remarks at Bisanga patients -clear pattern, if you believe that’s genuine than that’s on you. I’ve been here long enough to smell the fakes. Any further discussion feel free to send a pm. 

Sorry, but you can't read my mind (or that of the posters I'm defending). And ad hominems aren't going to win you arguments.

Can you show me exactly how they are disparaging the surgeons? Since when is it wrong to bump old threads? Asking questions and trying to generate a discussion automatically means you have an agenda? I've seen @Huncholini's posts - if you actually read them you'll see that he has had lots of positive things to say about Bisanga.

• Confused 1

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Sorry, but you can't read my mind (or that of the posters I'm defending). And ad hominems aren't going to win you arguments.

Can you show me exactly how they are disparaging the surgeons? Since when is it wrong to bump old threads? Asking questions and trying to generate a discussion automatically means you have an agenda? I've seen @Huncholini's posts - if you actually read them you'll see that he has had lots of positive things to say about Bisanga.

I don’t have to read minds to read between the lines. Positive remarks followed by backhanded remarks. Clear pattern “hey that shirt looks great, but your stomach is sticking out.” Those kind of remarks. 

Bumping old threads to spread an agenda is not permitted. Same as someone coming here and praising a particular doctor and bumping old threads to shill, it’s a clear agenda. You can see that, but you don’t care. You would prefer this place be like Twitter, as evidenced with how you behaved with the hairgain situation. 

Anyway community, if you have any disagreements with me, feel free to pm me your concerns. 

Onwards and upwards,

• Like 2

View my thread

Interesting one - because I do believe it important to be able to scrutinise a surgeon before selecting him, and the best evidence we have of doing this is by looking at member posted results, that haven't turned out to be as knock out the park as ones that are showcased or tend to receive the most limelight.

I always judge a surgeon based upon what his worst results look like . . . and my reason for doing so, is because with the right patient, anyone can hit a home run - I've seen some amazing results from the hair mill clinics that receive so much scrutiny, so it goes to show . . a handful of good results, doesn't provide enough validation. 

Anyway . . no idea whether this poster was genuine or not, I don't really care tbh, and haven't looked at the threads he has posted, but from his posts on this thread, nothing in particular stood out as trying to cause shade. 

Ironically - it's a shame this poster has only turned up to the forum now, as there was a member blocked on here recently who was complaining about this surgeon giving him too dense a hairline 😂