Your Input is Requested Regarding The Potential Recommendation of Dr. Ozlem Bicer

• Administrators
As most of you know, we request the input from our community and our recommended physicians before we approve any surgeon for a recommendation. We ask you to review the below information about Dr. Özlem Biçer and her results and to post a reply with your opinion. You can also message us privately if you prefer.

Dr. Bicer has been posting some impressive results on our forum for the past two months. Her patients have nothing but positive things to say about her and her staff. We have seen some incredible patient transformations over the past year to say the least.

We are now considering her for a potential recommendation- this requires that she meet our high and demanding community standards of performing ultra-refined follicular unit grafting with good growth and results consistently. Our recommendations differ from any other on the internet because of our open and transparent process of vetting.  Our recommended physicians must be willing to operate transparently and be held publicly accountable, knowing that their patients may come to our forum and review them at any point in time. We use the collective knowledge and input of the entire community, including senior forum members, past patients, and our highly-esteemed physicians. It is not one person or one overseer approving any one surgeon.

Why we Feel Dr.  Bicer is worthy of recommendation. 

Dr. Ozlem Bicer graduated with honors from the Faculty of Medicine in the University of Trakya, located in Turkey in 1998. After completing her surgical training and medicine from the University of Trakya, she became certified to treat hair loss and to perform hair transplantation by the Health Ministry of the Turkish Republic. Dr. Bicer has a full-time exclusive hair restoration practice –Dr. Bicer Clinic, based out of Istanbul, Turkey. Dr. Bicer firmly believes that hair transplant surgeons should be involved in every step of the surgical process as it is a serious medical procedure. Dr. Bicer is involved in every step of the process, from the consultation to the monitoring of graft implantation. She has a staff of medically trained specialized nurses who assist with placing the grafts. She has a multi-lingual staff fluent in Italian, German, French, and English.  

Dr. Bicer Surgical Protocol  

Dr. Bicer takes an individual approach to each surgery. She devises a long-term plan for each of her patients, taking into account their present and future goals. Dr. Bicer believes in providing excellent results that stand the test of time. She devises the surgical plan, designs the hairline, performs Follicular Unit Excisions, and creates all of the recipient sites. Dr. Bicer does one procedure a day, even if she has the capacity to do two procedures. Dr. Bicer prefers to provide her undivided attention to one patient from beginning to end. One factor that separates Dr. Bicer from other physicians is that she does not accept any patient who is unwilling to follow up with her regularly for twelve months. Even if her patients live in different parts of the globe, she wants to be involved and monitor their progress each month. 

Dr. Bicer performs FUT, FUE, longhair FUE, and BHT. Although she hasn't performed FUT in quite some time, she does offer it in her clinic. 

View Dr. Özlem Biçer website HERE

Below are some examples of her work: 

Clinic Posted Results

Patient Posted Results 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, RandoBrando517 said:

I like her results, checked her site and she’s really affordable. My only question is why the difference in cost from manual to micromotor? Definitely looks like a top contender for me. 

I reached out to Dr. Bicer, she has confirmed that the cost is different, because manual is more labor intensive for her, as she’s the one who does all extractions.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Valued Contributor

I think it would be great to have a professional from Turkey that can be recommended. Currently their are just too many variable results from what are considered the top surgeons/names in Turkey along with more unhappy patients than coming from other top named surgeons around the world. It would legitimize that Turkey (Dr Bicer) does have a standard that meets the criteria of what a potential patient should expect (and should research into). My tick of approval for sure!

• Like 1

The work I've seen looks good, and what I think is particularly noteworthy is the fact that she has performed and offers FUT. This is largely unheard of in Turkish clinics and the pricing for it looks very reasonable. 

I'd love to know if the clinic has some FUT scar photos from their archives just to see what that looks like, but I definitely think Dr. Bicer is one of the only surgeons in Turkey worth looking at.

• Like 2

• Administrators

@wibbles180

I received more pictures of the patient in question, and can confirm it’s not Deb1982, case of mistake identity. I’ve sent you a pm.

For full transparency to the community,  I’ve decided to remove the post from this thread. It’s not something I want an ethical doctor like Bicer being associated with, especially if it’s not true. 

View my thread

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

@wibbles180

I received more pictures of the patient in question, and can confirm it’s not Deb1982, case of mistake identity. I’ve sent you a pm.

For full transparency to the community,  I’ve decided to remove the post from this thread. It’s not something I want an ethical doctor like Bicer being associated with, especially if it’s not true. 

Absolutely understood , Dr Bicer’ work looks excellent.. would love to see some comb through 👍🏻

• Like 1

I would like to tell you about my experience with Dr Ozlem Biçer. I suffered with male pattern hair loss on my hairline and crown area for a good few years before I even considered a hair transplant. It got to the point where I was balding enough for it to get me down and bother me every day, so a year ago I researched the best hair transplant doctor in Turkey, I wanted a company where a DOCTOR themselves did the procedure (not someone who wasn’t fully qualified). I was so lucky to come across Dr Biçer and her PA Özen. In March 2020, days before lockdown, I flew out to Turkey for my procedure. I wasn’t interested in limousines and 5* hotels/the packages that other hair transplant companies were offering, I just wanted the BEST doctor and the BEST outcome. They recommended me a hotel to stay in (walking distance from the clinic), and I had the transplant done the next day. The procedure took 12 hours, and was done by Dr Biçer herself and her team. I was made to feel as comfortable as possible, they made me lunch and I felt well accommodated and in very good hands. My results speak for themselves... my hair is just incredible, and I am so happy. I have recommended Dr Biçer to everyone, and have had a few friends fly out to Turkey since and they have had the same procedure done (and they are over the moon). I will always speak highly of Dr Biçer, she is amazing at what she does. Thank you Dr Biçer, you gave me the best results and my confidence back, and I couldn’t be happier. For anyone considering a hair transplant with Dr Biçer, do it. It will change your life! - Jake Taylor

attached are my before, after the procedure and a year later. E69DC01F-152B-4357-97F0-344EDADDD52F.jpeg.00054106022bcbb52eed1f95c5726555.jpegB15CB483-AB86-40FD-A1C8-017C1777592F.jpeg.7fad514aaf40c89975727fbe40fec509.jpeg4B69D94B-D63D-4CFD-B102-9B2B630D225E.jpeg.6b47175764f42d0f00533be83b1b5ff1.jpegEA2F40BA-90AE-4DD9-8898-C074A8EC2E4C.jpeg.148cdba5bdfce74d38575284760db4f4.jpeg07476703-2064-422C-A4CE-A81492CE87DC.jpeg.b67f9eeaac2ef2e6a0ede9e95ce54e1c.jpegBBE4C1A1-26B9-4454-BD0D-B609684C0CC1.jpeg.c866783a2a8de000cfde3edef6c631c2.jpegE81AD291-6F23-4A0F-9525-52F71681F353.jpeg.d1b87884260640a62b4ec52df0b6786d.jpeg5F77A8DE-2A08-451F-BAF8-0A33ACDF97A3.jpeg.5486e2ce331e4d154a7d7c39086d350f.jpeg

• Like 4

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Jake.taylor84 said:

I would like to tell you about my experience with Dr Ozlem Biçer. I suffered with male pattern hair loss on my hairline and crown area for a good few years before I even considered a hair transplant. It got to the point where I was balding enough for it to get me down and bother me every day, so a year ago I researched the best hair transplant doctor in Turkey, I wanted a company where a DOCTOR themselves did the procedure (not someone who wasn’t fully qualified). I was so lucky to come across Dr Biçer and her PA Özen. In March 2020, days before lockdown, I flew out to Turkey for my procedure. I wasn’t interested in limousines and 5* hotels/the packages that other hair transplant companies were offering, I just wanted the BEST doctor and the BEST outcome. They recommended me a hotel to stay in (walking distance from the clinic), and I had the transplant done the next day. The procedure took 12 hours, and was done by Dr Biçer herself and her team. I was made to feel as comfortable as possible, they made me lunch and I felt well accommodated and in very good hands. My results speak for themselves... my hair is just incredible, and I am so happy. I have recommended Dr Biçer to everyone, and have had a few friends fly out to Turkey since and they have had the same procedure done (and they are over the moon). I will always speak highly of Dr Biçer, she is amazing at what she does. Thank you Dr Biçer, you gave me the best results and my confidence back, and I couldn’t be happier. For anyone considering a hair transplant with Dr Biçer, do it. It will change your life! - Jake Taylor

attached are my before, after the procedure and a year later. E69DC01F-152B-4357-97F0-344EDADDD52F.jpeg.00054106022bcbb52eed1f95c5726555.jpegB15CB483-AB86-40FD-A1C8-017C1777592F.jpeg.7fad514aaf40c89975727fbe40fec509.jpeg4B69D94B-D63D-4CFD-B102-9B2B630D225E.jpeg.6b47175764f42d0f00533be83b1b5ff1.jpegEA2F40BA-90AE-4DD9-8898-C074A8EC2E4C.jpeg.148cdba5bdfce74d38575284760db4f4.jpeg07476703-2064-422C-A4CE-A81492CE87DC.jpeg.b67f9eeaac2ef2e6a0ede9e95ce54e1c.jpegBBE4C1A1-26B9-4454-BD0D-B609684C0CC1.jpeg.c866783a2a8de000cfde3edef6c631c2.jpegE81AD291-6F23-4A0F-9525-52F71681F353.jpeg.d1b87884260640a62b4ec52df0b6786d.jpeg5F77A8DE-2A08-451F-BAF8-0A33ACDF97A3.jpeg.5486e2ce331e4d154a7d7c39086d350f.jpeg

Looks amazing 🙌🏼

• Thanks 1

View my thread

8 minutes ago, nicoandgello said:

Could someone please, enlighten me what does she have, that they don't?

She did apply, the other didn't. Keep in mind: This is an US forum, lots of the European/Turkish Top Clinics (Couto, Heitmann, Lorenzo, ...) are not recommended, cause they did not apply. Still you can find objective reports from them in here. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

She did apply, the other didn't. Keep in mind: This is an US forum, lots of the European/Turkish Top Clinics (Couto, Heitmann, Lorenzo, ...) are not recommended, cause they did not apply. Still you can find objective reports from them in here. 

Exactly this. As good a recommendation system as this site can provide, it ultimately boils down to surgeons having to be willing to pay the fees.

There are plenty fantastic surgeons out there that aren't recommended on here, many of whom I would choose night and day over undergoing surgery with than some of the recommended surgeons on here. 

They may not know about this site, they may not value this site, they may have in their opinion superior forms of marketing compared to this site, there are many reasons as to why. 

This site is a hugely resourceful and helpful community, however by no means the be all and end all authority in terms of who to go to and who not to go to, just by the recommended surgeon list. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jake.taylor84 said:

Are you from the uk Jake ? 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

That’s not true, I’ve actually been reaching out to surgeons who I feel have the right stuff to be recommended. It’s not that they apply. I reach out based on community consensus and positive reviews. Most of the clinics that apply don’t get recommended or considered. We’ve had many so far this year. 

We are an international forum, with international surgeons. Is our list a definitive list of all the best surgeons in the world? No, not by any means I still want to recruit some South American, Asian surgeons, as I know there are some good surgeons there. That said, not every surgeon is willing to go through a public vetting process. For example, Keser removed himself from consideration because of our open process.

Transparency is vital, not many, if any other organizations have an open and transparent process. A surgeon who’s willing to go through this public vetting process, at least shows they’re willing to operate in a open and transparent manner. Which is vital.

That said, we value the feedback, but I don’t feel this is relevant to Dr. Bicer and her recommendation or. skills/techniques.

• Like 5

View my thread

4 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

We are an international forum, with international surgeons.

Sorry @Melvin-Moderator, I think there was a misunderstanding. You know hopefully, that I value this Forum a lot and think it is the best in the net by a mile. But in the end, it is an English speaking forum. Many top clinics in Europe/Turkey have a majority of non English speaking clients, therefore they might value membership in here less than in domestic forums (this is my opinion). The process to get in, might be a hurdle as well, just as you have said.

Coming back to topic:

- I have not yet decided about Bicer myself. I have seen some results in a domestic forum which I did not like too much as the level to detail was not on the level of the top clinics. But this is quite some time ago and I have to look at more recent results. Maybe I reconsider. 

• Thanks 1

Seen some very impressive results on here lately from this doctor - if the vetting matches up with the recent posts then no objections here.

• Like 2

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

On 3/27/2021 at 2:24 PM, Jake.taylor84 said:

Did you choose the manual or the micromotor option? The price for micromotor is crazy low. Trying to gauge if there’s a difference

• Administrators

Dear Community,

After receiving a lot of positive feedback both public and private. We have decided to approve @Dr. Ozlem Bicer Clinic for our recommendation. Please join me in congratulating Dr. Bicer, and please feel free to submit her a virtual consultation using the link below. 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/physician/Turkey/Ozlem-Bicer/694

• Like 2

View my thread