An Honest Review - 3400 Graft FUE by Dr. Ozlem Bicer

• Administrators
21 hours ago, ciaus said:

Drinking beer and taking over the counter Tylenol, aka acetaminophen, for a cold can put the liver at risk too. Millions of guys have been taking finasteride for decades. The class action lawsuits would be piling up by now if there was any statistically significant risks.

There are a ton of class action lawsuits. They’re an incredibly rich pharmaceutical company. They have probably hundreds of lawyers on salary and retainers. 

Merck Makers of Propecia Caught Lying For The Second Time

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

22 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

There are a ton of class action lawsuits. They’re an incredibly rich pharmaceutical company. They have probably hundreds of lawyers on salary and retainers. 

Merck Makers of Propecia Caught Lying For The Second Time

I briefly read over that link. Interesing, thanks for sharing! I'm actually not familiar with that website. What is it exactly?

1,100 lawsuits for finasteride seems frightening and shocking to me. It really does make finasteride seem dangerous and scary, and yet so many seemingly ethical doctors reccomend it quite casually. You'd wonder why its prescribed so easily.

Out of curiosity what's your own attitude to finasteride? Do you use it yourself? Do you believe its highly dangerous etc etc?

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

I briefly read over that link. Interesing, thanks for sharing! I'm actually not familiar with that website. What is it exactly?

1,100 lawsuits for finasteride seems frightening and shocking to me. It really does make finasteride seem dangerous and scary, and yet so many seemingly ethical doctors reccomend it quite casually. You'd wonder why its prescribed so easily.

Out of curiosity what's your own attitude to finasteride? Do you use it yourself? Do you believe its highly dangerous etc etc?

I do not use it myself, I did and got bad side effects. I think it’s mostly safe. But, to say that side effects are a myth or that they haven’t been sued thousands of times because of it, isn’t true. My opinion, if you have a lot of hair to lose definitely try it. If you’re already significantly bald, the risks outweigh the rewards in my opinion.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

33 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I do not use it myself, I did and got bad side effects. I think it’s mostly safe. But, to say that side effects are a myth or that they haven’t been sued thousands of times because of it, isn’t true. My opinion, if you have a lot of hair to lose definitely try it. If you’re already significantly bald, the risks outweigh the rewards in my opinion.

Wow. Scary! I'm sorry to hear that you got bad side effects. Mind if I ask did you recover when you stopped taking it? 

I started using it 4 months ago. I take approximately 1.25mg per day. To be honest some of the stories I've been hearing have been scaring me. My status is that I am 30 years old and I have no bald spots on the crown, I have no bald spots on the mid scalp either but I think its a bit thin there. Most of my baldness is in the receding hairline.

I have been on it 4 months now and I haven't grown breasts. I don't think I'm feeling depressed or weird from it, I've been a little bit less energetic and optimistic lately but I think that's mostly because of lockdown and being stuck at home although its hard to be sure. I also find I'm not hyper interested in sex but again I don't know if this is from finasteride and its not something that is actually bothering me as I have no partner anyway. I think I can still sustain a normal erection so fingers crossed everything is good in that department. 

I'm hoping to not get any bad side effects and I'm hoping to get awesome results from it.

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

Wow. Scary! I'm sorry to hear that you got bad side effects. Mind if I ask did you recover when you stopped taking it? 

I started using it 4 months ago. I take approximately 1.25mg per day. To be honest some of the stories I've been hearing have been scaring me. My status is that I am 30 years old and I have no bald spots on the crown, I have no bald spots on the mid scalp either but I think its a bit thin there. Most of my baldness is in the receding hairline.

I have been on it 4 months now and I haven't grown breasts. I don't think I'm feeling depressed or weird from it, I've been a little bit less energetic and optimistic lately but I think that's mostly because of lockdown and being stuck at home although its hard to be sure. I also find I'm not hyper interested in sex but again I don't know if this is from finasteride and its not something that is actually bothering me as I have no partner anyway. I think I can still sustain a normal erection so fingers crossed everything is good in that department. 

I'm hoping to not get any bad side effects and I'm hoping to get awesome results from it.

If you don’t side effects now, you’re probably good. I developed side effects within a month. I stopped taking it and it resolved within a few months. 

View my thread

7 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

If you don’t side effects now, you’re probably good. I developed side effects within a month. I stopped taking it and it resolved within a few months. 

Cool. Glad to hear you weren't left with bad effects. I'll stay on with for now so. Cheers.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Yea but that case at the link is what I would expect most of them to be, tragedies that occur much more frequently because of other factors, but the survivor/victim is grasping for a simpler, easier target to assign blame, and they happened to have taken finasteride at some point. Depression, suicide are very complex issues and the guy was in the midlife crisis age range. <Questionable correlation at best doesn't equal causation.

1 hour ago, Rossybop said:

1,100 lawsuits for finasteride seems frightening and shocking to me.

Not to me, surprised its not more when you consider how many millions of lawsuits are filed each year.

https://www.onelegal.com/blog/top-court-filing-statistics-from-around-the-country/

How much dattorneys like tfile lawsuits? 

Quite a bit, if you examine the numbers. 

It’s estimated that there are more than 40 million lawsuits filed every year in the United States, and the total number of registered lawyers exceed one million. The statistic shows the number of lawyers in the United States from 2007 to 2018 was approximately 1.34 million. 

2018 data from the American Bar Association on the nationwide population of lawyers indicates a total of 1,338,678 licensed, active attorneys in the United States. The total represents a 0.2% increase since last year and a 15.2% rise over the past decade in number of U.S. lawyers. 

The top five areas with the largest number of active attorneys in residence are

• New York (177,035)
  • California (170,044)
  • Texas (90,485)
  • Florida (78,244)
  • Illinois (63,422)

https://www.keeps.com/learn/what-are-the-side-effects-of-finasteride-video

Though rare, in clinical trials, 3.8% of male patients noticed some form of sexual side effects (versus 2.1% of patients using the placebo), including less desire for sex, difficulty in achieving an erection, or a decrease in the amount of semen released during sex. This may continue after stopping treatment.

The number to focus on there is 3.8%. It’s small. Now, that’s not to diminish your concern or to say that the 3.8% people experiencing these symptoms don’t matter—but rather to point out that this isn’t a guaranteed side effect of taking finasteride. Despite what you may hear, for 96% of men, taking this common hair loss medication doesn’t mean you have to choose between your sex life and your hairline. Plus, it’s important to note that 2.1% of men using the placebo experienced the same side effects.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, ciaus said:

Yea but that case at the link is what I would expect most of them to be, tragedies that occur much more frequently because of other factors, but the survivor/victim is grasping for a simpler, easier target to assign blame, and they happened to have taken finasteride at some point. Depression, suicide are very complex issues and the guy was in the midlife crisis age range. <Questionable correlation at best doesn't equal causation.

Not to me, surprised its not more when you consider how many millions of lawsuits are filed each year.

https://www.onelegal.com/blog/top-court-filing-statistics-from-around-the-country/

How much dattorneys like tfile lawsuits? 

Quite a bit, if you examine the numbers. 

It’s estimated that there are more than 40 million lawsuits filed every year in the United States, and the total number of registered lawyers exceed one million. The statistic shows the number of lawyers in the United States from 2007 to 2018 was approximately 1.34 million. 

2018 data from the American Bar Association on the nationwide population of lawyers indicates a total of 1,338,678 licensed, active attorneys in the United States. The total represents a 0.2% increase since last year and a 15.2% rise over the past decade in number of U.S. lawyers. 

The top five areas with the largest number of active attorneys in residence are

• New York (177,035)
  • California (170,044)
  • Texas (90,485)
  • Florida (78,244)
  • Illinois (63,422)

https://www.keeps.com/learn/what-are-the-side-effects-of-finasteride-video

Though rare, in clinical trials, 3.8% of male patients noticed some form of sexual side effects (versus 2.1% of patients using the placebo), including less desire for sex, difficulty in achieving an erection, or a decrease in the amount of semen released during sex. This may continue after stopping treatment.

The number to focus on there is 3.8%. It’s small. Now, that’s not to diminish your concern or to say that the 3.8% people experiencing these symptoms don’t matter—but rather to point out that this isn’t a guaranteed side effect of taking finasteride. Despite what you may hear, for 96% of men, taking this common hair loss medication doesn’t mean you have to choose between your sex life and your hairline. Plus, it’s important to note that 2.1% of men using the placebo experienced the same side effects.

These are interesting and valid points. Again this subhect proves to be quite convoluted and messy. I'll stick with it for now but let's hope I'm not one of the 3.8% that experiences bad side effects.

10 hours ago, Myloloves said:

He mentioned in his comment that his doctor wanted him to take rogaine instead. 

Okay, this is better than nothing, but it isn't a long-term strategy for hairloss. Minoxidil does nothing for the underlying cause of MPB.

If this is the only tool in her toolbox, I hope she's super selective in who she decides to operate on.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Looks great man very happy for you 👏🏼

View my thread

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone,

I know i’ve slacked on updating but I’m back 10 months post-op. Ive attached some updated pics so you could get a sense for how its going. I’m thrilled and couldnt be happier. changed my life, no pills just rogaine for those wondering. Some biotin at the beginning to speed things up.

Enjoy :)

2E3F13FF-9C6C-4BF5-A478-AFF4C5B89917.png

F794A6CA-5FE2-4E7F-AE22-D3578AFD493D.png

57FB50AD-1296-481A-81BE-F0386B0D4032.jpeg

D1CE946D-C8E4-4B6D-B303-92C53999FD13.jpeg

• Like 1