~3,200 graft FUT with Dr. Konior - March 8, 2021

Egott92

On 6/11/2021 at 6:12 PM, Egott92 said:

Hang in there! I didn't see anything until the 3rd month, and I'm on a pretty intense cocktail of meds (daily oral minoxidil, and topical dutasteride). You've gone to the best -- it's only up from here :)

Hey eggott. 

Storming result for month 4, althought yor starting line wasnt bad, haha. 

Didnt you write that you were using topical finasteride before?? 

If you are now also using topical dutasteride, can you please write what percentage are you using and how many ml are you aplying. And also, how many days per week? 

3 hours ago, gradina22 said:

Hey eggott. 

Storming result for month 4, althought yor starting line wasnt bad, haha. 

Didnt you write that you were using topical finasteride before?? 

If you are now also using topical dutasteride, can you please write what percentage are you using and how many ml are you aplying. And also, how many days per week? 

Thanks! Yes, I was on topical fin before and over last month or so I started to try topical dutasteride. The formulation is 0.1% dutasteride with 7.5% minoxidil + biotin. I use it once a day and I'm not sure about ml. It comes in a little bottle and the instructions say to apply up to 20 tiny drops to the scalp. I get my formulation from Strutyours.com

9 hours ago, Egott92 said:

Thanks! Yes, I was on topical fin before and over last month or so I started to try topical dutasteride. The formulation is 0.1% dutasteride with 7.5% minoxidil + biotin. I use it once a day and I'm not sure about ml. It comes in a little bottle and the instructions say to apply up to 20 tiny drops to the scalp. I get my formulation from Strutyours.com

Thanks for the answer. 

You decided alone to switch from topical fin to topical dutasteride to see the outcome or you were advised by someone? 

Im gonna probably be experimenting with topical dutasteride myself very soon. 

One more thing. When you place these 20 drops that you mentioned... Can you explain how do you get them to your scalp? Do you massage with your finger pads untill its absorbed? Or you just drop them there, use some finger movement and let the scalp absorb it alone... 

In other words, can you say how many minutes do you spend while putting this topical solution. 

Every help is appreciated bro ;)

14 hours ago, gradina22 said:

Thanks for the answer. 

You decided alone to switch from topical fin to topical dutasteride to see the outcome or you were advised by someone? 

Im gonna probably be experimenting with topical dutasteride myself very soon. 

One more thing. When you place these 20 drops that you mentioned... Can you explain how do you get them to your scalp? Do you massage with your finger pads untill its absorbed? Or you just drop them there, use some finger movement and let the scalp absorb it alone... 

In other words, can you say how many minutes do you spend while putting this topical solution. 

Every help is appreciated bro ;)

I decided to try and see the outcome but I also discussed it with Dr. Konior. He was happy to give it a shot.

I part my hair to make sure I get it into the scalp and then I massage it into my scalp for about 20-30 seconds until I feel like it's spread around evenly. The solution is greasy so it'll take some time after you finish massaging for it to fully dry. As long as it's on the scalp I think it's fine. Good luck :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Egott92

Awesome progress bro! Super happy for you :) 

I reached out to Dr Konior and he said that I need to be on oral finasteride in order to avoid further hair loss even after surgery as I have diffused pattern hair loss. I am a bit reluctant to go that path but is topical finasteride/duasteride giving you the same benefits you think? How did Dr Konior compare oral vs topical options?

42 minutes ago, hairophile said:

@Egott92

Awesome progress bro! Super happy for you :) 

I reached out to Dr Konior and he said that I need to be on oral finasteride in order to avoid further hair loss even after surgery as I have diffused pattern hair loss. I am a bit reluctant to go that path but is topical finasteride/duasteride giving you the same benefits you think? How did Dr Konior compare oral vs topical options?

Thank you bro!

I have been on topical finasteride for about a year, and only recently switched to topical dutasteride. Right after my surgery, I did try oral finasteride 2x a week with no issues so bumped it to 3-4 and started experiencing depression so immediately discontinued and returned to topical solutions. 

It’s hard to tell if I’m getting the same benefit as oral finasteride since I only used it for about 2 months. I have a PhD so I’m adept at reading research studies, and so what I can say is that the published studies looking at oral versus topical finasteride show comparable efficacy. In other words, topical finasteride appears to show similar effectiveness as oral finasteride. There are no studies to date on topical dutasteride, but in theory given it’s potent anti-androgen effects it should work just as well (if not better) than topical finasteride - although still unclear since they have different molecular weights and that may affect absorption. 

In short, I’d continue speaking with Dr. Konior and listen to all his advice. He’s a clinician scientist - he’s published tons in this area - so he really is the expert :) 

Good luck! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2021 at 2:36 PM, Egott92 said:

Thank you bro!

I have been on topical finasteride for about a year, and only recently switched to topical dutasteride. Right after my surgery, I did try oral finasteride 2x a week with no issues so bumped it to 3-4 and started experiencing depression so immediately discontinued and returned to topical solutions. 

It’s hard to tell if I’m getting the same benefit as oral finasteride since I only used it for about 2 months. I have a PhD so I’m adept at reading research studies, and so what I can say is that the published studies looking at oral versus topical finasteride show comparable efficacy. In other words, topical finasteride appears to show similar effectiveness as oral finasteride. There are no studies to date on topical dutasteride, but in theory given it’s potent anti-androgen effects it should work just as well (if not better) than topical finasteride - although still unclear since they have different molecular weights and that may affect absorption. 

In short, I’d continue speaking with Dr. Konior and listen to all his advice. He’s a clinician scientist - he’s published tons in this area - so he really is the expert :) 

Good luck! 

Thanks bro! 

btw any issues with scalp tightness? I read online that FUT may cause scalp tightness in some cases. How’s that feeling when you turn your head side to side or when you drive and check the blind spot?

8 hours ago, hairophile said:

Thanks bro! 

btw any issues with scalp tightness? I read online that FUT may cause scalp tightness in some cases. How’s that feeling when you turn your head side to side or when you drive and check the blind spot?

You got it! And nope not anymore. I had it for the first 2 months or so but scalp feels just about back to normal now. All feeling has returned too. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 7/10/2021 at 11:48 AM, Egott92 said:

4 Month update:

Finally starting to fill up and already pretty happy with the results :)

IMG_4967.jpg

IMG_4966.jpg

IMG_4983.jpg

Holy cow thats a staggering difference in a month

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 7/28/2021 at 5:41 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Holy cow thats a staggering difference in a month

Thanks man! Appreciate it. So happy with the results, especially now coming up at about 5 months.

Wow, that sprouted fast!  Looking forward to seeing future updates!

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. So, here are the ~6 month updates:

Suffice to say, I have the hair of my dreams now and the results have honestly been life changing. I've attached 3 photos with flash and harsh lighting, and then another photo my friend took of me out in the wild. Even with the harshest lighting, I'm incredibly happy with the density and naturalness. 

I just wanted to say thank you to this forum for directing me towards Dr. Konior and making this result possible. I have my second  procedure scheduled with Dr. Konior for my crown in January (~2,200 FUE), so will make another update then.

IMG_6119.thumb.jpg.2d6d51dcead4c237e35e8789045dddc0.jpgIMG_6123.thumb.jpg.fdbc0d5a4a7c9ada36767c632451c996.jpgIMG_6122.thumb.jpg.d49c6007b376ef79237e3dfb644605ad.jpgIMG_2815.thumb.jpg.af91d90a8bde3f8f369da5cbea97e166.jpg

• Like 6

Damn!!! That's all that needs to be said.

• Like 2

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

6 hours ago, Hairdom said:

Holy s..., 😲 Can we get some scar pictures?

15 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Please tell us all how invisible your FUT scar has become 😝

What scar? :)  This is with flash and bright lights, so it's totally invisible in everyday lighting.

IMG_6169.jpeg

IMG_6170.jpeg

Edited by Egott92
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Wow is all I have to say 🤯

2C7D9271-93FF-413B-9EA2-49EDC1667E51.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.