~3,200 graft FUT with Dr. Konior - March 8, 2021

Egott92

On 3/11/2021 at 4:37 PM, Egott92 said:

I can only hope so!

So what made you choose FUT over FUE for yout first procedure? And how much does Dr Konior charge per graft? 

Edited by Smacias15

21 hours ago, Smacias15 said:

So what made you choose FUT over FUE for yout first procedure? And how much does Dr Konior charge per graft? 

1) Around 1,000 more grafts can be harvested with FUT for the same price as FUE, and 2) Starting with FUT first maximizes donor availabilities over time. 

I would reach out to Dr. Konior directly for fee quote. It believe it depends on individual procedure difficulty and total grafts. As an estimate, expect to pay between 12-14 per graft for FUE, and between 8-10 for FUT

Edited by Egott92

@Egott92Thanks for sharing your journey! Progress looking good :) 

Do you feel any numbness around the scar area? In reading online it was said that one of the possible side effects of having FUT is that the scar (donor) region might have some permanent tissue damage and loss of sensitivity. Wanted to double check this.

Just now, hairophile said:

Do you feel any numbness around the scar area? In reading online it was said that one of the possible side effects of having FUT is that the scar (donor) region might have some permanent tissue damage and loss of sensitivity. Wanted to double check this.

Thanks! Feeling has returned to about 60% normal. I expect the rest to return over the coming months. Honestly, if the end result is great, I personally could care less about the numbness/sensitivity — the price to pay for density and a larger procedure. 

58 minutes ago, Egott92 said:

1) Around 1,000 more grafts can be harvested with FUT for the same price as FUE, and 2) Starting with FUT first maximizes donor availabilities over time. 

I would reach out to Dr. Konior directly for fee quote. It believe it depends on individual procedure difficulty and total grafts. As an estimate, expect to pay between 12-14 per graft for FUE, and between 8-10 for FUT

What is his role in the procedure? Does he do the extractions, incision, Implanting, etc? 

4 minutes ago, Smacias15 said:

What is his role in the procedure? Does he do the extractions, incision, Implanting, etc? 

He is hyper-involved and is in the room at all times. I know he only does 1 patient at a time. My eyes were covered to help with relaxation so it’s best best to reach out to Dr. Konior directly for questions about specific involvement. 

29 minutes ago, hairophile said:

Doesn't fue have the same tissue/sensitivity risks as well? 

7 minutes ago, Smacias15 said:

Doesn't fue have the same tissue/sensitivity risks as well? 

No idea. Logically thinking, it's not as invasive so I would think not. Even if it does, it would be more scattered so less noticeable even if the spots would actually have tissue loss. But, again something to ask the doctor I would say.

1 hour ago, hairophile said:

No idea. Logically thinking, it's not as invasive so I would think not. Even if it does, it would be more scattered so less noticeable even if the spots would actually have tissue loss. But, again something to ask the doctor I would say.

Yea that's something is should ask. I'm just so confliclted if I should do FUT or FUE 

1 hour ago, Smacias15 said:

Yea that's something is should ask. I'm just so confliclted if I should do FUT or FUE 

If you have aggressive balding and don’t mind keeping your hair longer (>4 guard on sides) then I’d recommend FUT to preserve and maximize future donor. Of course, it’s always best to speak to your doctor to weigh pros/cons. 

• 4 weeks later...

3 month update: Houston -- we have lift off!

Finally some growth, particularly on left side (3rd pic), right side (4th pic) has some catching up to do.

FUT scar is still healing and pink (particularly on left side where I bumped my head post-op and opened up a suture). Sides are buzzed to 3.5 guard.

Hairline: 

IMG_4440.thumb.jpeg.0ece6479c781c59abc33031d2b38d2e3.jpegIMG_4446.thumb.jpeg.749509acb98c83a78f3fa0210a65c0e2.jpeg

IMG_4441.thumb.jpeg.49373b584158fd1c4bc903a41031b7d4.jpegIMG_4442.thumb.jpeg.48c115dd5ad02ec1f3601ba27c3cf5dd.jpeg

FUT scar:

IMG_4451.thumb.jpeg.9ba9f33404164a056841756ef2cb8f79.jpegIMG_4452.thumb.jpeg.e0abee9c8a45fdbd90fc61c3daaeda19.jpeg

IMG_4453.thumb.jpeg.a184b77b91cf9c30d6458d906c93cd6b.jpeg

Edited by Egott92
Typo
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, notsosure said:

Awesome.

Thanks for the update! I'm at 2 months, 5 days now. No growth for me yet 🙂

Hang in there! I didn't see anything until the 3rd month, and I'm on a pretty intense cocktail of meds (daily oral minoxidil, and topical dutasteride). You've gone to the best -- it's only up from here :)

you definately have nothing to worry about here

• Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

4 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

you definately have nothing to worry about here

Thanks! Definitely not worried, very excited. Do you by any chance have 3-month photos of your progress you'd be able to share (or links to your original hairline procedures)? I've tried searching your earlier results but haven't been able to find them.

Edited by Egott92

24 minutes ago, Egott92 said:

Thanks! Definitely not worried, very excited. Do you by any chance have 3-month photos of your progress you'd be able to share (or links to your original hairline procedures)? I've tried searching your earlier results but haven't been able to find them.

The link in my signature has been fixed.

• Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

On 6/10/2021 at 10:19 PM, Egott92 said:

3 month update: Houston -- we have lift off!

Finally some growth, particularly on left side (3rd pic), right side (4th pic) has some catching up to do.

FUT scar is still healing and pink (particularly on left side where I bumped my head post-op and opened up a suture). Sides are buzzed to 3.5 guard.

Hairline: 

IMG_4440.thumb.jpeg.0ece6479c781c59abc33031d2b38d2e3.jpegIMG_4446.thumb.jpeg.749509acb98c83a78f3fa0210a65c0e2.jpeg

IMG_4441.thumb.jpeg.49373b584158fd1c4bc903a41031b7d4.jpegIMG_4442.thumb.jpeg.48c115dd5ad02ec1f3601ba27c3cf5dd.jpeg

FUT scar:

IMG_4451.thumb.jpeg.9ba9f33404164a056841756ef2cb8f79.jpegIMG_4452.thumb.jpeg.e0abee9c8a45fdbd90fc61c3daaeda19.jpeg

IMG_4453.thumb.jpeg.a184b77b91cf9c30d6458d906c93cd6b.jpeg

That is already kicking off. In just 3 more months that will look completely different!

And the donor area, looking amazing. 

Please, do not stop updating. Thanks a lot.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

It’s coming on quick!

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looking forward to see how this hairline turns out!  That's great to have so much early growth too!

I always admired Konior's low visibility scars.  I wear my hair with a 3.5 guard as well and admittedly got a tiny bit of "FUT FOMO" here haha

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 3:28 PM, notsosure said:

Awesome.

Thanks for the update! I'm at 2 months, 5 days now. No growth for me yet 🙂

Don't sweat it.  I was 1 week before you and no growth here just shy of 4 months

This site really helped manage my expectations so I don't anticipate seeing noticeable sprouting until late July or August.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...