~3,200 graft FUT with Dr. Konior - March 8, 2021

Egott92

7 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Wow is all I have to say 🤯

2C7D9271-93FF-413B-9EA2-49EDC1667E51.jpeg

Melvin coming up clutch with the side-by-side! I appreciate you and appreciate this forum man. Seriously so grateful for everyone's support and willingness to share their experiences in the wild wild west of hair restoration.

• Like 3

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Egott92 said:

Melvin coming up clutch with the side-by-side! I appreciate you and appreciate this forum man. Seriously so grateful for everyone's support and willingness to share their experiences in the wild wild west of hair restoration.

You’ve been resurrected my man looking fantastic 🙌🏼

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

17 minutes ago, Ads said:

Amazing results! Hair envy here. What grade is the back cut to? Looks pretty short.

Thank you! It's down to about a 3 guard here. I probably can get it down lower without revealing the scar, but I actually prefer this length for work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Egott92 said:

Thank you! It's down to about a 3 guard here. I probably can get it down lower without revealing the scar, but I actually prefer this length for work.

Looks great. Out of curiosity, can you see the outline of the scar if you tilt your head forward?

11 hours ago, kramer79 said:

Looks great. Out of curiosity, can you see the outline of the scar if you tilt your head forward?

Thanks! Hmm, I don’t believe so. I tried to take a few angles and I don’t see the scar significantly more prominent in that angle. 

On 3/12/2021 at 8:18 AM, Egott92 said:

Thanks so much Aaron. Luckily I hopped on the minoxidil train about 5 years ago once I started to notice frontal thinning, and then 1 year ago with topical finasteride once thinning my crown started to become more apparent. 

I am also impressed with the dense packing -- I admit I didn't even know or expect it was possible to pack that densely! 

Amazing result. Congrats!

wondering if you’ve been able to see any results from the topical fin, and whether you’ve noticed any side effects at all? 

@Egott92 Congrats on your awesome hair and thanks for this very helpful thread!  I'm considering a HT and one of the things that scared me was the FUT scar because I'd like to wear my hair relative short (3-4 guard).  Your clean "linear" post-op scar looked amazing and random graft locations looked very natural.  You must have good genes and a good doctor to boot 🙂  I'm going to book and consult with Konior.

• Thanks 1

On 10/3/2021 at 11:45 AM, sbguy01 said:

@Egott92 ... one of the things that scared me was the FUT scar because I'd like to wear my hair relative short (3-4 guard).  Your clean "linear" post-op scar looked amazing and random graft locations looked very natural.  You must have good genes and a good doctor to boot 🙂  I'm going to book and consult with Konior.

Dr. Konior's remarkable scars are what drew me to him originally.  I'm a 3-4 gaurd fella myself and had those same fears over a decade ago when FUE was not as prevalent.  

I scoured many of his results specifically for scars.  I was always and still am impressed by their low visibility. 

• Like 1

Wait, I thought strip scars were supposed to be barbaric? 🤣 Practically invisible. 

• Like 2

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

On 10/2/2021 at 11:01 AM, yesplease said:

Amazing result. Congrats!

wondering if you’ve been able to see any results from the topical fin, and whether you’ve noticed any side effects at all? 

I've actually switched to a topical dutasteride solution (0.1% dutasteride and 7.5% minoxidil from Strutyours.com) and I think I've seen some thickening throughout my scalp, but at a minimum definitely no more loss. I use it once a day before bed. No side effects whatsoever.

7 minutes ago, Egott92 said:

I've actually switched to a topical dutasteride solution (0.1% dutasteride and 7.5% minoxidil from Strutyours.com) and I think I've seen some thickening throughout my scalp, but at a minimum definitely no more loss. I use it once a day before bed. No side effects whatsoever.

I see, that's awesome that it seems to be working for you but no sides.

So, you aren't taking any oral fin or dut, then? Did you have sides with oral meds before, and that's why you're using a topical solution now? Or you just skipped the oral meds and went straight to topical?

Thanks for sharing. 

2 hours ago, yesplease said:

I see, that's awesome that it seems to be working for you but no sides.

So, you aren't taking any oral fin or dut, then? Did you have sides with oral meds before, and that's why you're using a topical solution now? Or you just skipped the oral meds and went straight to topical?

Thanks for sharing. 

That's right, I am not taking any oral meds. Immediately after the procedure I took oral finasteride (twice a week) plus oral minoxidil (daily). The intention was just to help expedite results. It was fine for 3 or so months, but once I saw growth I tapered off and decided to return to a topical solution -- mostly because I preferred not to have this stuff go systemic, and the effects of topical solutions are generally thought to be more localized. I did try to bump up my oral finasteride dose to 3x per week at around month 3 and started to feel some slight depression. I was going through life stuff at the time, so I can't exactly say it caused it (and perhaps there was some placebo at work), but it was enough for me to want to return to topical rather than oral treatment.

Edited by Egott92

• 4 months later...
On 2/9/2022 at 3:00 PM, cheeseywonder said:

@Egott92update?

No major update, other than I had my 2nd procedure (~2,100 FUE) with Dr. Konior for my crown last month (Jan 5). I think I'll create a thread once results are in.

I had to shave my head for the crown procedure, but here are some pics I took around the month before out in the wild. This would have been ~9-10 months post-op. Obviously thrilled with the result. 

IMG_9276.thumb.jpg.68ca394db5e32278e1eaa219a67d3506.jpg

IMG_9275.thumb.PNG.84258b39c0255acf283c70991cf39a86.PNG

IMG_9274.thumb.jpg.f1e5fc084401a041915e73f28cbe08ff.jpg

• Like 6

• Administrators

This is absolutely jaw dropping results damn!

C27D2416-D039-41C2-A174-33AC67E5EA98.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 2/17/2022 at 2:59 PM, stephcurry30 said:

Any photos of the donor area? 

Are you on oral minoxidil by any chance? 

Nope, just on topical dutasteride (0.25%) and topical minoxidil (8%).

As for donor area, I've posted donor pics from when it was healed and grown in before on this thread - please scroll back to find them. It's basically invisible, but I want to be able to cut my sides shorter so during my recent crown FUE procedure Dr. Konior put around 250 grafts into my FUT scar, which is why it's bright red. See image below.

IMG_8246.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That FUT scar healed amazingly and your FUE extraction pattern is flawless. No doubt you'll be able to go short on the sides. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

36 minutes ago, Egott92 said:

Nope, just on topical dutasteride (0.25%) and topical minoxidil (8%).

As for donor area, I've posted donor pics from when it was healed and grown in before on this thread - please scroll back to find them. It's basically invisible, but I want to be able to cut my sides shorter so during my recent crown FUE procedure Dr. Konior put around 250 grafts into my FUT scar, which is why it's bright red. See image below.

IMG_8246.jpg

Unreal result. How were your post OP instructions with grafts being placed in the back of the head. 

Also may I ask where you get your topical dutasitirde? 

Edited by stephcurry30

9 minutes ago, stephcurry30 said:

Unreal result. How were your post OP instructions with grafts being placed in the back of the head. 

Also may I ask where you get your topical dutasitirde? 

They actually said I can place my head on a pillow and lay down normally but just to be careful not to roll around too much. I thought they'd make me sleep vertically. I guess gentle pressure was fine, but any left/right tugging while laying down was not. Recovery and post-op was honestly a breeze this time with FUE

I used to get topical dutasteride from Strutyours.com, but recently moved to California and they don't service CA, so now I order it from Happy Head. I'm pretty sure Strut and Happy Head are the only two providers offering topical dutasteride at the moment, so your options are unfortunately limited.

38 minutes ago, BDK081522 said:

That FUT scar healed amazingly and your FUE extraction pattern is flawless. No doubt you'll be able to go short on the sides. 

Actually it's hard to see but on a section of the right side of my head/scar it did widen significantly but that was my own fault. I hit my head on a wall 4 days post-op and opened up a few sutures. At least it wasn't my recipient area, and as you mentioned nothing 20-30 grafts can't (hopefully) fix :)

• Like 1