~3,200 graft FUT with Dr. Konior - March 8, 2021

Egott92

On 2/22/2022 at 8:15 PM, Egott92 said:

They actually said I can place my head on a pillow and lay down normally but just to be careful not to roll around too much. I thought they'd make me sleep vertically. I guess gentle pressure was fine, but any left/right tugging while laying down was not. Recovery and post-op was honestly a breeze this time with FUE

I used to get topical dutasteride from Strutyours.com, but recently moved to California and they don't service CA, so now I order it from Happy Head. I'm pretty sure Strut and Happy Head are the only two providers offering topical dutasteride at the moment, so your options are unfortunately limited.

You must have a strong mid scalp. Did he say how much you have left in the bank? Do you anticipate further loss or are you good?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/28/2022 at 9:02 PM, Pubehead said:

You must have a strong mid scalp. Did he say how much you have left in the bank? Do you anticipate further loss or are you good?

After my 2nd procedure (2200 grafts) Dr. Konior said I had a good amount left - probably 5-7k, I think? I’m only 29 so I should anticipate further loss, but I’m on a pretty strong cocktail of topicals (topical dutasteride + minoxidil) so hopefully those’ll give me plenty of time until I need more work. 

Edited by Egott92

• Administrators

How about a finale 12+ months update?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 2/23/2022 at 2:26 AM, Egott92 said:

Nope, just on topical dutasteride (0.25%) and topical minoxidil (8%).

As for donor area, I've posted donor pics from when it was healed and grown in before on this thread - please scroll back to find them. It's basically invisible, but I want to be able to cut my sides shorter so during my recent crown FUE procedure Dr. Konior put around 250 grafts into my FUT scar, which is why it's bright red. See image below.

IMG_8246.jpg

That scar would look even better after this.

Amazing front result. Now I can not wait for the crown!

Congratulations and thanks for sharing 😉

• 2 months later...