My hairline and crown results from FUT in July 2020

EvoXOhio

Just now, EvoXOhio said:

Side note: does anyone know why I can no longer edit my posts in here? I used to be able to, but now I’ve lost the ability. I wanted to edit the first post and the title but it will no longer let me. 

You can make a request to @Melvin-Moderatorfor the title to be changed. There is a time limit on editing any posts. Melvin should be able to say exactly what this is. 

• Administrators

The hair hasn’t matured, but man looks right on track. My hair is very similar to yours, so this thread is encouraging 🙌🏼

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

The hair hasn’t matured, but man looks right on track. My hair is very similar to yours, so this thread is encouraging 🙌🏼

Thanks! Hey did you see my post above where I tagged you? Any chance you could change the post title for me since it won’t let me edit it?

Replied to your post over in the smp section before noticing you had a topic here for a recent HT. Front really looks good, as you age that will continue to frame your face realistically. Thinking about both your threads, its great that you are working from home for the foreseeable future. I'm in the same boat for the rest of the year at least and in 2022 the company is restructuring their office space leasing so that being in the office will be optional and for those that do come in it will be rotational. Its a great time to be getting these kinds of procedures done discretely.

I hear your frustration about the crown growth and wishing the final result was yesterday. If you're itching to add some smp back there now, I'd try to wait until at least a year if not the full 18 mos and be evaluated for how much additional real hair would get the job done first. Since you'll have your hair longer the ink would be like a permanent concealer which means you'll probably be able to go alot more years in between ink touch ups than guys that shave their heads...but still, in my opinion, given how much beard hair you have in addition to what ever is still available in your scalp donor, I would rather have as much real hair back there than ink as possible. And then use the ink to blend and conceal future loss after your donor areas are all tapped out. 

1 minute ago, ciaus said:

Replied to your post over in the smp section before noticing you had a topic here for a recent HT. Front really looks good, as you age that will continue to frame your face realistically. Thinking about both your threads, its great that you are working from home for the foreseeable future. I'm in the same boat for the rest of the year at least and in 2022 the company is restructuring their office space leasing so that being in the office will be optional and for those that do come in it will be rotational. Its a great time to be getting these kinds of procedures done discretely.

I hear your frustration about the crown growth and wishing the final result was yesterday. If you're itching to add some smp back there now, I'd try to wait until at least a year if not the full 18 mos and be evaluated for how much additional real hair would get the job done first. Since you'll have your hair longer the ink would be like a permanent concealer which means you'll probably be able to go alot more years in between ink touch ups than guys that shave their heads...but still, in my opinion, given how much beard hair you have in addition to what ever is still available in your scalp donor, I would rather have as much real hair back there than ink as possible. And then use the ink to blend and conceal future loss after your donor areas are all tapped out. 

I’ll definitely wait 12-18 months before considering another HT or SMP. This is more just fact finding and research  

I’ll likely be working from home forever, so hiding another HT isn’t a big deal. I just don’t know if I can put myself through this all again. I’m growing my hair out now, and after 12-18 months the length is going to be where I want it. So Having to shave it and start all over, then go through the ugly duckling phase, hide my bloody scalp from my kids for a few months (I wore a hat or a scarf over my head until I was healed), plus the entire healing process - just now sure I can do it again. But SMP wouldn’t require any of that, so it would be much easier to handle. 

i do likely have more than enough donor hair to completely fill in my crown (and even lower my hair line if I wanted to), just not sure I want to go through another surgery. Also, my beard hair likely wouldn’t work as my beard is naturally red with lots of gray, I dye it because I don’t like the red beard with my black hair. I’ll post a picture below of my normal beard color. 

my biggest concern with SMP is what happens when my hair goes complete gray or white. I will have dark brown/black SMP under my white and gray hair. I know SMP fades but it won’t fade that much from what I’ve read. I guess I’d have to dye my hair forever?

Hey man, your progress looks pretty good for less than 7 months, especially the frontal area. That said, your crown looks to be improving and from my experience it definitely can take anywhere from month 15 up to 24 to see the crown results fully. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

My dumb red and white beard when I don’t dye it. 

7929628B-D9E5-43D9-B8B4-3694091EE0D1.png

59A37487-792A-433F-8404-31CB389C7F00.png

I don’t grow a beard because there’s too much grey and white as much as I’d like to...but I don’t want the dye hassle...thankfully tho my face shaved looks younger than my age...as I’ve been told so I stick to that haha.

2 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

my biggest concern with SMP is what happens when my hair goes complete gray or white. I will have dark brown/black SMP under my white and gray hair. I know SMP fades but it won’t fade that much from what I’ve read. I guess I’d have to dye my hair forever?

Thats an interesting question, I've seen smp artists asked about grey hair but its always been in the context of guys that are going to keep their head shaved forever. The reply there is that even grey hair when shaved down to a 0 guard looks like darker hair, the grey coloring manifests as the hair shaft grows longer. 

I would expect they would be able to layer the gray ink on as the years go by. We have a member here  @hairthere that runs a clinic and he should be able to help answer that.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

I don’t grow a beard because there’s too much grey and white as much as I’d like to...but I don’t want the dye hassle...thankfully tho my face shaved looks younger than my age...as I’ve been told so I stick to that haha.

I look awful without a beard. I have no chin and my face looks like a chipmunk. I pretty much have to have a beard just to avoid frightening people that look at me.

coloring it isn’t bad at all. Every Saturday I brush some just for men on it, wait 5 minutes, the wash it off. 

I don’t mind the grey per se, I mind that it’s not cohesive. I have these giant white stripes and then a few white hairs throughout. I honestly wish it would go entirely gray and white, getting rid of the strip look and getting rid of the red. Whenever it goes full gray and white I’ll stop coloring it. 

• Like 1

• Melvin- Admin changed the title to My hairline and crown results from FUT in July 2020
  • Administrators
24 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

My dumb red and white beard when I don’t dye it. 

7929628B-D9E5-43D9-B8B4-3694091EE0D1.png

59A37487-792A-433F-8404-31CB389C7F00.png

Tom segura

image.jpeg

• Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 minutes ago, SLA said:

Looking good for this amount of time in your journey. Feel free to share the name of the doctor when you feel comfortable.

Thanks I will. I’m a little embarrassed because I didn’t know of this forum before I made my decision. the place I went to isn’t necessarily a hair mill, but they are a larger organization that spans multiple locations. The name of the doctor that did my work only shows up in a few posts here, and they are really old posts.  I believe each location is independently owned and operated though. All of the consultation was done via the person who owns and runs the clinic, and not the doctor, and I know now that’s a big red flag. I didn’t even meet the doctor until 5 minutes before surgery. But like I said, I didn’t know any better. All their results and reviews are all great, I couldn’t find a single bad review anywhere. 

I’m happy with the results so far but I wish I had found this forum beforehand, as I likely would have gone to one of the recommended doctors on here. 

Edited by EvoXOhio

7 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

I look awful without a beard. I have no chin and my face looks like a chipmunk. I pretty much have to have a beard just to avoid frightening people that look at me.

coloring it isn’t bad at all. Every Saturday I brush some just for men on it, wait 5 minutes, the wash it off. 

I don’t mind the grey per se, I mind that it’s not cohesive. I have these giant white stripes and then a few white hairs throughout. I honestly wish it would go entirely gray and white, getting rid of the strip look and getting rid of the red. Whenever it goes full gray and white I’ll stop coloring it. 

Haha your first paragraph. 😉

Yeah, if I had the grey hair and beard from that dude who started BeardBrand I’d rock it happily...maybe when I get older ha!

Just now, CosmoKramer said:

Haha your first paragraph. 😉

Yeah, if I had the grey hair and beard from that dude who started BeardBrand I’d rock it happily...maybe when I get older ha!

I looked ok without a beard when I was younger and had a slimmer face, more defined chin, and a lower hairline. But now in my old age a beard is a must. 

By the way...after you’ve waited say another year for your full results...if not satisfied with your crown results...you might wanna add a derma roller & Minox...just saw this guys results...thought it might interest you since your crown obsession 😉

2 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

I looked ok without a beard when I was younger and had a slimmer face, more defined chin, and a lower hairline. But now in my old age a beard is a must. 

I hear ya man, the year-round “winter” bulking via pandemic shutdowns not helping me any haha..

3 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

By the way...after you’ve waited say another year for your full results...if not satisfied with your crown results...you might wanna add a derma roller & Minox...just saw this guys results...thought it might interest you since your crown obsession 😉

Thanks I will definitely look into it. I’ve seen derma rolling mentioned here but haven’t researched it much. 

I am already using minoxidil though, been using it about 2 years. Been on fin about 2 years too. I have one of those iRestore laser helmet things too I have been using for about a year and a half. I doubt the helmet works at all but I paid for it so might as well use it until it dies. 

I would like to get on DUT but all the places I’ve seen selling it are charging a lot and I have no idea I’d they’re legit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

I hear ya man, the year-round “winter” bulking via pandemic shutdowns not helping me any haha..

Haha, even when I am leaner, I still have some double chin fat and fatter cheeks which makes my weak chin look worse. The perils of aging.