FUE Experience w/Dr. Diep MHTA Clinic

I’m neutral on diep ,  he has good density n volume from his transplants .. he has a theory to why he transplants that way and it provides the patient good coverage with a high graft survival rate. so he won’t be changing his technique Any time soon ..

but it’s true, you can spot his technique is different than the other doctors..

but really tho , the guy has great coverage ,, sometimes people be too nit picky and not appreciate what has actually grown .. .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Legend007 said:

I’m neutral on diep ,  he has good density n volume from his transplants .. he has a theory to why he transplants that way and it provides the patient good coverage with a high graft survival rate. so he won’t be changing his technique Any time soon ..

but it’s true, you can spot his technique is different than the other doctors..

but really tho , the guy has great coverage ,, sometimes people be too nit picky and not appreciate what has actually grown .. .

Diep definitely gets good yield. My issue is with the rows. Hair doesn't grow like that. Hair transplants need to replicate nature. In addition to the unnatural appearance, the rows don't provide as much coverage. Imagine yourself in front of a corn field. You're able to see straight through the gaps. Now imagine the corn was planted more randomly, like our native hair, this would reduce the see through effect.

Until he changes this technique I don't see how you can justify going to him at this price point coupled with the fact there are plenty great surgeons in the area.

Edited by PluggedIn

2 hours ago, PluggedIn said:

Diep definitely gets good yield. My issue is with the rows. Hair doesn't grow like that. Hair transplants need to replicate nature. In addition to the unnatural appearance, the rows don't provide as much coverage. Imagine yourself in front of a corn field. You're able to see straight through the gaps. Now imagine the corn was planted more randomly, like our native hair, this would reduce the see through effect.

Until he changes this technique I don't see how you can justify going to him at this price point coupled with the fact there are plenty great surgeons in the area.

By area, do you mean Diep's SF Bay Area location? What other surgeons are operating there at his level (or greater)?

• Like 1

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, motegam said:

By area, do you mean Diep's SF Bay Area location? What other surgeons are operating there at his level (or greater)?

Guys,

can you please take this conversation to your thread, this isn’t the thread to be having this conversation.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/8/2022 at 3:37 PM, AlexMeister21 said:

For anyone curious of Jimcraig's final results, he posted it here on Reddit. Doesn't look too good.

Why was the link to the final result on reddit removed? OP ended up with a very unnatural looking hairline.

• 4 months later...

These are pics taken 2 years post surgery. My hair is shoulder length in these pics.

kmpbqvke3nf91.thumb.jpeg.8cc825a43e6ea39487756979fa7bccfb.jpeg

This is the same pic. One is turned vertical to illustrate how straight and pluggy the hair line is.

IxFTYev.jpeg.73257e4f8e421ad720ff614752b3d30f.jpeg

The cobblestoning and ridging are pretty apparent in this pic.

v01tpGv.thumb.jpeg.fb5bc9fb14ca16c87bc89ab2c70635f0.jpeg

Sometimes, I feel as if I got a lace front weave hair system, and not a hair transplant.

OLUnAfn.jpeg.22d30df91ff71a8915429f00482be559.jpeg

I feel my results are refund-in-full+restitution worthy.

Edited by jimcraig152
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

I think this is a poor final result and is very similar to other results produced by Dr. Diep, mine included. Even if the hair is styled, the hairline looks unnatural when the hair is pushed back. Interesting that your concerns and criticisms post-op were quite valid. 

I remember before I joined this forum and before my deciding on my second procedure with Dr. Diep, I saw this thread. I didn't know much about hair transplants back then and expected the final result here would be good. Glad that this post was finally approved, but it would have been more beneficial to others if we were able to see your final results sooner. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

Thanks for updating us Jim. I believe your repair is not gonna be as complex as others. The previous work can be camouflaged pretty well if you go to a good surgeon for round two. I don’t think there’s much that can be done regarding the cobblestoning but if it’s hidden well, it shouldn’t matter too much.

• Like 1

I think Jim's account is still restricted and he is unable to respond. That two-year update was a post he submitted a while ago and it was just finally approved to be shown. Basically got the Randle McMurphy treatment.

ECT Scene, "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" 1975 - YouTube

Edited by AlexMeister21
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s a very underwhelming result. Do you have any psychological problems with it?

I got pretty depressed after my failed HT. I felt very insecure. 

Thanks for showing this btw and keeping this log. It must help to prevent other from going to doctors like this. 

I hope he’s not in business anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've talked to this person on reddit, he is very helpful and insightful and we bonded over both having procedures with him that we weren't satisfied with. He helps alotta people out both in comments and over pm. He might be having a repair soon but he is keeping the repair doctor underwraps. I am curious about who he picked. He is  Lopsided_Pair5727 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/19/2022 at 9:19 AM, Pubichair said:

It’s a very underwhelming result. Do you have any psychological problems with it?

I got pretty depressed after my failed HT. I felt very insecure.

No psychological problems.

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

I am just going to get this botch job repaired.

On 12/19/2022 at 9:19 AM, Pubichair said:

Thanks for showing this btw and keeping this log. It must help to prevent other from going to doctors like this. 

I hope he’s not in business anymore. 

Hope it saves someone else too.

• Like 2

Outside of no growth, this is a disgraceful result. Turkish hair-mill style placement. The pictures speak for themselves.

Sorry, Jim -- I hope you're able to find a great repair surgeon.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey all, brand new member here.  I'm trying to make the go-no go decision on a doctor for an afro hair transplant.  

Dr. Diep's photos look FANTASTIC, but it sounds like the consensus here is to stay away? 

I've been waffling between him or Dr. Sam Lam here in Dallas who I've been going to for years for hair loss mitigation. 

6 minutes ago, Hexayne said:

Hey all, brand new member here.  I'm trying to make the go-no go decision on a doctor for an afro hair transplant.  

Dr. Diep's photos look FANTASTIC, but it sounds like the consensus here is to stay away? 

I've been waffling between him or Dr. Sam Lam here in Dallas who I've been going to for years for hair loss mitigation. 

Diep is an insanely expensive mess, for that money you could go to Konior who is first class. Or you could go to literally any top tier European surgeon for less money

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hexayne said:

image.png.5de0692d8a0f135634dd3d1d61e10ba1.png

If Diep does two patients a day and has around 480 patients a year, all he needs is to produce 10% good results to keep his YouTube channel going. There have also been mentions from other people who say he has a backlog of suitable patient result videos to upload.

Note: Can't post the text in the attached image for some reason.

Edited by AlexMeister21
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

I wish I had seen a review like this one before I went with the Dr. I still don't have the guts to go public with my experience, but it was REALLY heartbreaking for me. I have moved on to another Dr. since, but I am still stuck with the consequences.