FUE Experience w/Dr. Diep MHTA Clinic

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Flash10 said:

How's it going buddy?

He’s on a mandatory vacation until the end of January. When he returns, he’ll have to shape up, or he’ll be gone. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Melvin-Moderator

I completely understand, however strongly disagree. Not allowing him to post updates is depriving all your forum members the ability to objectively view his results. It looks like you're protecting Diep when in fact you are doing him a disservice by not allowing the results to speak for themselves. I would have constrained him to only his fourm. Regardless of my opinion, you're the boss and I appreciate the update. Hopefully you see this Jim - wish you all the best and hope you have a Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas to you too Melvin and whomever else is reading this.

• Like 1

• Administrators
Just now, Flash10 said:

@Melvin-Moderator

I completely understand, however strongly disagree. Not allowing him to post updates is depriving all your forum members the ability to objectively view his results. It looks like you're protecting Diep when in fact you are doing him a disservice by not allowing the results to speak for themselves. I would have constrained him to only his fourm. Regardless of my opinion, you're the boss and I appreciate the update. Hopefully you see this Jim - wish you all the best and hope you have a Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas to you too Melvin and whomever else is reading this.

This has nothing to do with Diep, and everything to do with Jim’s behavior, and posting practices. I gave him ample time and multiple chances to correct his behavior. I’m giving him one last chance.

He’ll be able to post an update, and continue to post if he behaves. But if I start getting his posts reported again and again, he’ll be gone. My last response on the subject. I’d rather preoccupy my time and focus on positivity. Happy holidays. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, what a thread. I read through all 12 pages.  

I just had a Zoom consult with Diep this week. TBH, my opinions on Diep feels congruent to what Jim is describing.   It is difficult communicating to their office through Email.  Questionaires that has been asked before are re-asked.   My post-consult for procedure scheduling never happened, i had to reach out multiple times about it, where they reasked questionaire that has been answered multiple times.   My impression is they are short staffed on that part.  It may not be representive of the work they do, but just sharing my experience so far.

My biggest redflag though is Diep is telling me things that  completely differ from what other Drs have suggested.   Other FUE doctors have told me I have limited harvest due to some previous scaring.  Limitation numbers ranged from 800-1500 from various doctors.   Diep says they just don't know what they're talking about and says my harvest isn't an issue.     Its possible he didn't even look at the pictures I sent, but I've brought it up a few times during the consult and he just kept suggesting that he is a better surgeon than the others. 

15 hours ago, JavierMarc said:

Wow, what a thread. I read through all 12 pages.  

I just had a Zoom consult with Diep this week. TBH, my opinions on Diep feels congruent to what Jim is describing.   It is difficult communicating to their office through Email.  Questionaires that has been asked before are re-asked.   My post-consult for procedure scheduling never happened, i had to reach out multiple times about it, where they reasked questionaire that has been answered multiple times.   My impression is they are short staffed on that part.  It may not be representive of the work they do, but just sharing my experience so far.

My biggest redflag though is Diep is telling me things that  completely differ from what other Drs have suggested.   Other FUE doctors have told me I have limited harvest due to some previous scaring.  Limitation numbers ranged from 800-1500 from various doctors.   Diep says they just don't know what they're talking about and says my harvest isn't an issue.     Its possible he didn't even look at the pictures I sent, but I've brought it up a few times during the consult and he just kept suggesting that he is a better surgeon than the others. 

I am actually heading to Diep's office for a 2 month follow up today. Yours is different than my experience. When I was his office (twice), his staff looked busy but unsure about the short staff. I think he has more than 10 office staff there.
Since you are a forum member, you should dm Mervin who maybe able to help. 

• 2 weeks later...

I disagree with everything jim craig has been posting about Dr Diep. I just had a Fue Procedure with dr diep on february 2, 2021 (2525 graphs) i was a norwood 3/4 . From the start of process his staff treated me with the upmost respect and professionalism. Dr diep spent more the 75% of the day with me . I was in and out of sleep but every-time i woke up he was there.  He personally extracted all my graphs from my donor area and made my incisions. He personally doesn't place his graphs after extraction as of 99% of surgeons don't but during the process he supervised his technicians. His staff was amazing and very professional . I was very nervous upon arrival and they made me feel very comfortable. This is only day 2 and i don't know what my results will be but as far as professionalism and courtesy his staff is amazing . i know 3 other men personally that have had procedures done by Dr Diep and there results are phenomenal. I will be sharing my journey on here starting tomorrow. Also i feel like anyone getting a HT should not give a review until after 12 months . 

P.S 

If his staff does seem busy its because they have tons of clients calling from all over the planet to schedule a consultation and surgery. Dr Diep is Great . 

IMG_5106.jpg

• Like 1

I’m happy you’ve had a great customer service experience, but don’t you think it’s too early to say you disagree with Jim? You literally just had a surgery 2 days ago..

Don’t get me wrong though, I’ve personally had a great experience with Diep. However, Jim’s concerns are valid and shouldn’t be dismissed

With that being said, i’m looking to forward to seeing your results. Bless up 🙏

• Like 2

As i said in my post i wasn't debating my results its only been 2 days . But as far as professionalism, courtesy and customer service i was treated very well. I did my research and 99% of doctors do not place graphs. They do the extractions and incisions so the techs can follow a carefully planned blue print. Dr diep was there 75% of the time. And the cornroll format of placing graphs is for density. So yes i stand on what i said i disagree. I know 3 other men who've personally seen Dr diep and they're results after 12 months are phenominal. I hope and pray my results are as good. I feel like jim spoke too soon and wasn't accurate with a lot of information. 

God Bless

1 hour ago, RandoBrando517 said:

What are the cliffs? Freak out in the beginning and then disappears.

From what I remember Jim got put in a mandatory digital isolation so to speak by @Melvin-Moderator because he was causing drama. Not sure if he's still there or he just decided to not come back yet. Either way I believe the results are going to be very good and I hope he posts them.

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

From what I remember Jim got put in a mandatory digital isolation so to speak by @Melvin-Moderator because he was causing drama. Not sure if he's still there or he just decided to not come back yet. Either way I believe the results are going to be very good and I hope he posts them.

I gave him three warnings before banning him. His ban expired last month. If he does decide to come back, I’ll be monitoring his posts first. It’s been a nice two months without him here. If he does come back, hopefully he shares his results, but one more report and he’s gone for good.

@RandoBrando517 In a sense, yes he freaked out in the beginning. He knew nothing about hair transplants, which was evident in his posts about tech’s placing grafts. Then, after a few weeks here, he asserted himself as an authority on hair transplants and best practices. His overall demeanor and attitude was toxic, and I rarely say that about anybody.

He posted with an agenda. That’s a real problem on forums, you get someone disgruntled with a surgeon and then their whole objective becomes to ruin their reputation. The sad thing is he was on track to having a good result. Anyway I do not miss this thread at all. Good riddance. If he would’ve just stuck to facts and presenting his case instead of speaking for everyone, there wouldn’t have been so many issues with angry members.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

View my thread

That’s awesome!! Thanks for sharing your experience man. I also did a 2nd procedure just 3 weeks ago and everything you highlighted I got too. Can’t wait to see your results. Dr Diep track record is incredible impressive. Keep in mind he shares a new patient result every Friday (raw unedited) ranging from all races and hair type. I have yet to see anyone else produce this type of practice.

In all fairness to Dr. Diep, I look much better now than before the procedure with him. Been on a plateau since about Christmas but have also been an early grower. There hasn't been much change since Christmas. I know that the months of best growth after a hair transplant is between 6-thru-9. I am right at the start of that period and look forward to gains.

In certain positions when I look at my hair, I think "HELL YES!!!!" Like in the next picture where my head is pointed down a bit. Looks great, yeah?

IMG_3073.thumb.jpg.9223993538bb8948e5144d9ed9ceec89.jpg

But then it is like a children's pop-up book. Looks good only one way. Tilting the head back even just a bit reveals the straightness of the hair line. Even the zig zags have grown in, but they really do nothing to break up straightness of the hairline.

IMG_3080.jpg.a1f0a78ccac66a1e450cacd99354967a.jpg

IMG_3085.jpg.47a7cd6316cd0b58bd52a7494c47eda8.jpgIMG_3086.jpg.adf5cc88bc3727c572ad6ec2e8f92a1b.jpg

All the pics above are taken right out of the shower. No Rogaine foam. Few presses of Tresseme Strong Hold hair spray, combed back with a long-wide tooth detangling comb, and locked in with medium heat.

Then the below pics really show the issues with my procedure. Really shows the unnaturalness. The rows down to the scalp look like a really bad hair system to me.

IMG_2932.thumb.jpg.773ad94bb4a483a6ee878a0850efeb36.jpg6Months_01.thumb.jpg.949971a4f9742bfe382fd5cadcad59da.jpg6Months_02.thumb.jpg.b6c43ad55fda94a3512d10d01653ed6d.jpgIMG_2927.thumb.jpg.b49e6f5b7e0df2483d3a84c2f0bf0b9b.jpgIMG_2928.thumb.jpg.8cfc7678efc73e76830d1f930b566759.jpg

Halfway through and I feel I have satisfactory density/yield in 75%-80% of the recipient area. The unsatisfactory 20%-25% is due to the wide row spacing on the right side which makes the unnaturalness so glaring. The grafts are planted in rows and shall grow in rows. Meaning, no hairs shall sprout between the rows. Given that, I feel I am looking at a repair.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Good to have you back @jimcraig152! How's the donor doing?

Donor is looking normal in all spots except where extractions were made near the vertex, which is good. Excisions near vertex shows scalp where it didn't before, which is bad. My hair grows fast and it is right now well beyond an 8-guard, so I can't tell. Will post donor pics when I can get a professional haircut; soon as salons open back up on California.

• Like 1

Looking really good man!

But I do see what you mean, if you look very closely from a particular angle you can see the cornrow. I wonder how it looks in real life though, probably not very noticeable even if you know what you're looking for.

+1 on the donor pic if possible

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

• Administrators

Glad to see I was right about you getting good results. Keep in mind, this isn’t done refining or growing. See below thread for reference. Whenever someone freaks out the first week, this thread will be a good reference. 0383C841-F51E-4D6C-98B9-50CCA049EBE2.jpeg

• Like 4

View my thread

These results are INSANE in my honest opinion. This makes me second guess passing up on Diep, but wow. Great job. I can see the "pluggy" look on your right side, but I bet it's not that bad in person. Also, you gotta wait until 9 months - 1 year to really see the final results. However, Diep does it again...

Edited by hybonix
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1st Procedure: 3332 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 10.29.20
2nd Procedure: 1908 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 11.13.23