FUE Experience w/Dr. Diep MHTA Clinic

Thanks @BDK081522. Eloquently put. At the end of any journey, one wants to be able to pragmatically answer affirmatively these types of question:

• "Did I do it right?"
  • "Did I make the best use of my time?"
  • "Did I get my money's worth?"
  • "Did I help people along the way?"

But like anything, it is a process. Along the way, critical actions must be taken. Investment in time made. Critical decisions. Other patients chiming in do so with their pragmatic conclusions. That's something I can't do yet. But what I can do is show the journey I am on through my critical lens before I reach that conclusion. Along the way, there is going to be discussion reflective of my present journey in that moment. Those discussions may shift later on. Contextualized in that moment however, the validity of these discussions have their place and are welcomed. Whereas juxtaposing these same discussions against the experience of others' that have since passed can be cataclysmic. Many of the things I've talked about early in my experience I no longer agree with. I have called these things out.

If you are going to comment in my experience thread, I am going to respond with my contextual opinion. I haven't attacked anyone in my time on this forum. So I don't know where this flagging/reporting of my posts comes from. If you don't like what I am saying, perhaps you may feel I have some sort of agenda against you, I don't. Everyone has something they want to share, to say. I get that. But this is my experience thread. For which, I am the only authority of my own experience. If you have a different view, put in the same level of effort that I do and express it accordingly in your own threads. Why flag an opinion stated in someone else's experience thread? All you are doing is making Melvin's job harder.

I think I've come pretty far in the time I've been here. I have received lots of flack along they way but that is ok. In keeping with Melvin's desire to focus on the positive, there have been many more people that have responded to me with gratitude, here in this forum, elsewhere, and particularly in PM. I was given the highest of compliments by another member which I would like to share with you all:

industry.thumb.jpg.f85e4fe59c232f1f9f521b5b24649b2d.jpg

Now that..........isn't this why, after all, we are here? This isn't Facebook or Instagram. I am not here for likes. With that said, my next update will be in the next 24 hours.

• Like 5

• Administrators

Jim,

There’s a flagging system for a reason, saying no one should flag anything you say is nonsense. People haven’t only flagged your posts, there were many others that got flagged.

Also, how can you with a straight face say you’ve never attacked anyone in this forum. I can quote a few pages back where you called me “Diep mafia.” Regardless, the purpose of my post wasn’t to say: “Hey guys, don’t flag anymore posts, so we can say whatever we want.”

The purpose of my last post was to say: “Hey guys, let’s keep this thread on topic and about Jim’s results, there’s also a way to share your opinion without being sensational or rude.” 

Of course other happy Diep patients will be offended if someone says “All of Dieps FUT scars look like _&$@ why?  Because it’s not true, and that is why these patients share their pictures here. 

I want this to stop, if someone wants to go on a specific persons thread and share their thoughts that’s fine. If they see a strip scar they think looks bad, say it, but also, there’s a way to say things to people without being rude. 

This thread will be about Jim, his progress or lack there of, if some of you have criticisms about his particular results that’s fine. But this will no longer be the circus it was yesterday. I hope I’ve made myself clear. Also, I don’t mind posts getting flagged, it’s just taxing on me, but it’s my job, and I have to keep things fair and balanced. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The "Mafia Protection" comment was my attempt at being funny. I was building a joke after reading this post from some time back that still tickles me when I think of it:

On 3/30/2020 at 6:02 PM, Abi28 said:

Melvin and Diep better love story than twilight 😍

I was out of line and offensive. I apologized then and apologize again for it now.

• Haha 1

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, jimcraig152 said:

The "Mafia Protection" comment was my attempt at being funny. I was building a joke after reading this post from some time back that still tickles me when I think of it:

I was out of line and offensive. I apologized then and apologize again for it now.

You apologize for an insult by quoting another insult lol okay. Anyways, as long as we keep this thread about you, and your results were good 🤝

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Melvin trying so hard to defuse the situation and remain professional. 🤣🤝

Poor Melvin.

Jim I'm on this ride with you brother.. next couple months are going to literally be life changing for us! Wish you all the absolute best. 

Edited by Flash10
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Hairgain22 said:

These results look decent to me, bottom pic in the harsh lighting looks a little thin, but I wouldn’t say it’s a botch job or  unnatural. Being totally honest here I can’t notice any rows, but It’s definitely not the BLM hairline that we all desire.

Barren scalp between the rows is observable to my eyes. I feel they could have benefited from natural placement or interlocking to alleviate the visibility of barren scalp.

I’m total neutral here, I’m not trying to defend anyone. I love your thread. I’ve observed both arguments. I’m just saying, there was an example posted earlier where the hairline looked really bad at 6 months and then turned out incredible by 12.

So it is very fair to wait the full 12 month term to come to a conclusive review. I've cited BLM's results early as as encouragement. I am just not there yet. Where I was 3 months ago and where I'll be 9 months from now aren't real now. One exists in memory, the other in imagination. Of course I know where I've come and where I should end up being. But I am in the moment now where I need, should, and can only be.

Based on that, in my opinion it’s fair to wait to pass judgement on those pictures, till 12 months, considering the similarities and the surgeon. Again, as a casual observer, I believe what’s happened here is you’ve rattled some of Diep’s happy patients, which turned out to be quite a few. I can understand where they’re coming from just like I can understand and appreciate you.

I am putting in the investment to be as consistent and thorough as possible. Coupled with being a critical thinker, what I post may be off-putting to those happy Diep patients. But they are in a different place. They aren't here with me in the here and now. Those that understand that are with me in the moment and appreciative of the effort. Being that I am a critical thinker, along the way, I am going to push those goal posts back. But I'll also have the humility to reject my own ideas and accept new ones if need be.

Certainly, what I am doing is different than all that have come before me.

Earlier in the thread, I was thinking this Diep guy was a monster. 

Dr. Diep's work is polarizing:

• polarize - cause (something) to acquire polarity
  • polarity - the state of having two opposite or contradictory tendencies, opinions, or aspects

In general, Dr. Diep's work isn't outrage:

• outrage - an extremely strong reaction of anger, shock, or indignation

There is a huge difference. However, there are confirmed cases of high transection loss. And one case of very high transection loss along with Dr. Diep's response to it that did set off outrage.

After seeing the back and forth and looking up all of those other reviews that Mel provided. I started to think differently. I’m not giving him a pass at all, you are totally right mate, this is your review and it should be about your experience. It took a turn somehow and became something different, which is a shame. I hope you can go back to sharing the meticulous details and facts without all of the other nonsense.

Agreed 🙌.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jimcraig152 said:

Barren scalp between the rows is observable to my eyes. I feel they could have benefited from natural placement or interlocking to alleviate the visibility of barren scalp.

So it is very fair to wait the full 12 month term to come to a conclusive review. I've cited BLM's results early as as encouragement. I am just not there yet. Where I was 3 months ago and where I'll be 9 months from now aren't real now. One exists in memory, the other in imagination. Of course I know where I've come and where I should end up being. But I am in the moment now where I need, should, and can only be.

I am putting in the investment to be as consistent and thorough as possible. Coupled with being a critical thinker, what I post may be off-putting to those happy Diep patients. But they are in a different place. They aren't here with me in the here and now. Those that understand that are with me in the moment and appreciative of the effort. Being that I am a critical thinker, along the way, I am going to push those goal posts back. But I'll also have the humility to reject my own ideas and accept new ones if need be.

Certainly, what I am doing is different than all that have come before me.

Dr. Diep's work is polarizing:

• polarize - cause (something) to acquire polarity
  • polarity - the state of having two opposite or contradictory tendencies, opinions, or aspects

In general, Dr. Diep's work isn't outrage:

• outrage - an extremely strong reaction of anger, shock, or indignation

There is a huge difference. However, there are confirmed cases of high transection loss. And one case of very high transection loss along with Dr. Diep's response to it that did set off outrage.

Agreed 🙌.

I finally did my procedure and everyone was beyond nice to me. I spent close to 25 minutes chatting with Dr Diep in his office prior to the procedure about our families, Vietnam, and other topics including our children educations. Btw, this was the very first time I talked to him beyond the initial consultation.

Regarding the results, it is too early to talk. Don't want to jump the gun. The procedure was longer than it should because I have high blood pressure. I bleed a lot during the process (not Diep fault) and on IV for a while. It ended up I spent the last two hours with the two technicians on laughing and making fun the movie "Pretty woman" on TV while they were injecting my hair in my head. When it said and done, it was past mid-night, Dr. Diep greeted me and we went our ways.

I can totally feel your passion here but it will be much better to bring all your none satisfactions up to the man (Dr. Diep) himself including all the other people's pics with the "botch jobs" that you collected. I know everyone get your points now after 10 pages of content. I hope I am wrong but I feel there is some anger when I read your posts.

Upload my one and only photo, so people knows I am not trolling here.

Hair.jpg

Edited by WS2020
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, WS2020 said:

it will be much better to bring all your none satisfactions up to the man (Dr. Diep) himself

I did. Below are the answers I received.  Another patient raised similar concerns and near had their appointment canceled after being in queue for months.

I am glad you had a pleasant experience. That certainly was not the experience that I or others received. As mentioned before, the Dr. Diep's work is polarizing. I also stated that Dr. Diep is likely watching and didn't doubt that you would be fine as a result of your participation in this thread. Tells me that Dr. Diep is hearing the criticism and is doing something about it. And as I stated here, doesn't matter the criticism. What matters is what is done with it. As for the anger thing, I'll address it on a whole with my next update.

Please start your thread. There are a few questions I have and things I would like to see. I hope you have the pictures I asked you to take.

On 10/13/2020 at 11:11 AM, jimcraig152 said:

"To achieve the density we have produced with our patients, we implant in rows. We can implant in randomly but you will not achieve the same density. The blood supply is limited for the grafts. Other doctors....Hasson & Wong do not achieve our levels of density. If you look at farmers, they do not grow in random patterns........"

That was Dr. Diep's answer to my question presented to him last night as to why he implants in rows. So there you have it. The answer and reason why Dr. Diep implants in rows. Admittedly, Dr. Diep does achieve excellent density.

I'll leave that here for you guys to mull over before my next update. Paging a few folks who've wondered why this is done as so:  @Tentpole91, @Dadda, @Noodles123, @Buffaloboy, @hybonix, @BDK081522. Feel free to discuss.

On 10/16/2020 at 4:31 PM, jimcraig152 said:

I didn't buy it either. I also asked why grafts weren't mapped out for even extraction. He denied it. He said he extracted grafts from all over while whirling his hands around his head in demonstration. Which is somewhat true. I emphasized that some areas clearly had too many grafts extracted and are patchy. He said I might be experiencing shock loss and to give it a year for recovery. I don't think I am experiencing shock loss. But ok, I'll give it a year. Because what else that can be done?

Whether for the sake of speed, efficiency, or to take a shortcut, a compromise is being made. Once one makes that compromise, it makes it that much easier to make that same compromise the next time. Inertia sets in, then everything done is compromise. And that is the state of where Dr. Diep's work is these days; compromised. I think it is a dice roll if you get good work from Dr. Diep these days. Dr. Diep's answer for the row placement is obvious quackery. In any case, I did not ask why he places grafts in rows in hopes of being delivered a reckoning. I was gauging his ethics. And thus the answer received wasn't a lie. It is something much much worse.

16 minutes ago, jimcraig152 said:

I did. Below are the answers I received.  Another patient raised similar concerns and near had their appointment canceled after being in queue for months.

I am glad you had a pleasant experience. That certainly was not the experience that I or others received. As mentioned before, the Dr. Diep's work is polarizing. I also stated that Dr. Diep is likely watching and didn't doubt that you would be fine as a result of your participation in this thread. Tells me that Dr. Diep is hearing the criticism and is doing something about it. And as I stated here, doesn't matter the criticism. What matters is what is done with it. As for the anger thing, I'll address it on a whole with my next update.

Please start your thread. There are a few questions I have and things I would like to see. I hope you have the pictures I asked you to take.

If this is the case, maybe he has made a difference to his patients after your posts. You should be happy that he did take your opinion seriously. 

To me, he was super nice and I don't want to say he has done a great job yet, since it is still too early. However, maybe he had listened to you and now do things differently. 

Edited by WS2020

Never was Dr. Diep not nice to me. And never have I said a bad thing about his personal disposition. If you find otherwise, please correct me. My criticisms of Dr. Diep are stated below.

Please start your thread. I would like to see if he has taken the criticisms and done something with it. I want to be able to heap praise on someone. Believe it or not, I too am a positive person. You can see that for yourself in other areas on this forum where I've been. Also, criticism isn't the same thing as negativity. There is a difference.

On 11/3/2020 at 10:59 PM, jimcraig152 said:

I don't believe I've ever taken my criticism of Dr. Diep down the ad hominem path. You can correct me if you feel otherwise. My critiques of Dr. Diep have been directed towards the application of his techniques, the reasonings he provides for his methods, the compromises he takes/his MO, and the operation of his clinic.

3 hours ago, WS2020 said:

I finally did my procedure

Can you please start a new thread for your experience? It would be another Dr. Diep's work data point for everyone else to see and could really help us compare against @jimcraig152's experience. More pics pre-op and post-op donor would be great!

Please start your thread. I would like to see if he has taken the criticisms and done something with it.

@jimcraig152 agrees with me!

Edited by anotherhairlosssufferer

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

24 minutes ago, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

Can you please start a new thread for your experience? It would be another Dr. Diep's work data point for everyone else to see and could really help us compare against @jimcraig152's experience. More pics pre-op and post-op donor would be great!

2 hours ago, jimcraig152 said:

Never was Dr. Diep not nice to me. And never have I said a bad thing about his personal disposition. If you find otherwise, please correct me. My criticisms of Dr. Diep are stated below.

Please start your thread. I would like to see if he has taken the criticisms and done something with it. I want to be able to heap praise on someone. Believe it or not, I too am a positive person. You can see that for yourself in other areas on this forum where I've been. Also, criticism isn't the same thing as negativity. There is a difference.

Jim, almost every single posts of yours here is trying to stop other patients to see Dr. Diep. When I first read the forum, I truly thought Dr. Diep mistreated you and was trying to screw you over. If he didn't even mean to you, why are you using an open forum to destroy his reputation and business? This is not what a decent person should do, even on internet.

I seriously don't know what is your end game. Do you want him to shut down his business? Do you get commissions from other surgeons to bad mouth him? Do you do it just for fun, even though you mention your HT will likely be successful? When people does things, everyone has an end goal. What is your end game?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WS2020 said:

Jim, almost every single posts of yours here is trying to stop other patients to see Dr. Diep. When I first read the forum, I truly thought Dr. Diep mistreated you and was trying to screw you over. If he didn't even mean to you, why are you using an open forum to destroy his reputation and business? This is not what a decent person should do, even on internet.

I seriously don't know what is your end game. Do you want him to shut down his business? Do you get commissions from other surgeons to bad mouth him? Do you do it just for fun, even though you mention your HT will likely be successful? When people does things, everyone has an end goal. What is your end game?

You seem like a very pragmatic guy, as opposed to being a critical thinker. That is not an insult. It is an assessment. Each half the world falls on either side:  pragmatic thinking vs. critical thinking. Being as such, pragmatic people tend to lean heavily on reputation in the decision making and sentiments. And it is next to impossible to change a pragmatic person's mind. You've met Dr. Diep and think how can a surgeon and such a nice guy do anyone wrong right?

Good God, I so wish you could have seen this thread. Read just the title of the URL to get an understanding of what it was about. It was started by another Dr. Diep patient about 2 weeks after mine. If you could have only seen it, your understanding of decency would turn. You would ask instead "What decent doctor could ever do this and then deny it?" If that thread ever comes back, and all that saw it are hoping that it does, you'll ask yourself "Did I really go to that surgeon?" That thread would be all the exculpatory evidence needed to render your accusation of me as being a shill for other surgeons (which I could flag you for, but I won't) to be fodder. Then rather than the crusade against the haters you think you are on, your sentiments would turn to guilt of being one of the lucky ones that nearly became a victim yourself. Go see for yourself what another recent Dr. Diep patient, @Tentpole91, feels regarding that subject. Because he like I, saw that thread which you didn't, and bear that guilt. The subject of that thread isn't a middle-aged man like you or I. He is in 20's. He hasn't even reached the prime of his life yet. And you would be outraged if you saw it and disgusted by Dr. Diep's denial of it. That young man is lurking this thread now and your baseless accusation levied against me might just give him the impetus needed to return.

I've only been on this forum for 3 months. Go look around at other Dr. Diep patient threads that came before mine. Some will praise Dr. Diep. Others will not. Aside from those differing sentiments, you'll find the only difference is that they aren't as thoroughly documented as mine. COVID-19 times allows me to be thorough and prolific, but none of my critiques of Dr. Diep are new. They aren't echos either. An echo is sound bounced around from one original source. They are new testimonies. Sadly, the story is the same. I am on no mission to shut down anyone's business. Because I would feel even more guilt if I did. Like anyone else here on this forum suffering from hair loss, it is about helping everyone else.

Look man, you are probably in your second day. You shouldn't be fighting any fight now, least of all with me. I want what is best for you. I am a brother in the struggle just like you are. I have never told anyone not to go to Dr. Diep. Particularly you. As a matter of fact, I applauded you for absorbing the information that was conveyed here and demanding them of Dr. Diep. Now, I really want to know if he has taken the criticism (your demands) and done something with it.

My end goal I've quoted for you below.

On 11/11/2020 at 9:21 AM, jimcraig152 said:

I do have an agenda. Besides seeing through my own personal journey and sharing it with others, I, like anyone else, want to leave the paths we travel better than when we found it. How does a patient do that? Simple. Hold their surgeon accountable.

Edited by jimcraig152
  • Like 2

I am not sure why people react so emotionally to criticism. I have been following this thread and I haven't seen a more level-headed person than @jimcraig152 over the entire course of the discussion. If anything, those who have had successful procedures with the said surgeon have jumped into to hijack the thread and are trying to make him look like the bad guy. It doesn't even make sense to me how others sharing their successfuly procedures invalidates @jimcraig152's concern.

He's been honestly documenting his surgery experience and he spent his hard earned money on a top surgeon. I don't see why doesn't get to share his constructive critcism?

Everytime patients try to document their bad experience with surgeries, I see a small bunch of people start attacking the patient and questioning their sanity. I noticed this behaviour on threads complaining abour Dr. Bhatti before he was removed from the list of recommended surgeons.

There's no 100% clean track record. Every surgeon has some failed procedures. Let the patients document their experience. This isn't supposed to be fantasyland where everyone's having the best time of their lives and patients are singing praises of their surgeons all day long.

Reminds me of tech forums where every once in a while a person having a serious issue with their device will report it and 15 other users who don't have the same problem will jump in and attack the OP with comments like "No such issues here", "Maybe you dropped it", "Did you install something that contained a malware?", which completely sidelines the actual concern of the OP!

Edited by tressful11
  • Like 1

There have been a few fellow Dr. Diep patients that have reached out to me that I am in dialog with here in PM and elsewhere that are in a state of utter rigor mortis. And since someone else brought up the subject of anger, I thought I might address it openly. Within me, the furious-type subsided about the 6th day after the procedure. I didn't know enough then to combat the immediate aftermath. My musings then have since been thrown out. I am in a different more peaceful place now. But everything is relative and where those who have expressed their despair, you are not dismissed; not by me. Hair loss is a painful subject. So should any of my brothers and sisters in the struggle that see further pain being added to their own or anyone else's suffering become more unsettled with anger? The answer is here.....

“If you're not angry, you're either a stone, or you're too sick to be angry. You should be angry. Now, mind you, there is a difference. You must not be bitter. Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. It doesn’t do anything to the object of its displeasure. So use that anger, yes. You write it. You paint it. You dance it. You march it. You vote it. You do everything about it. You talk it. Never stop talking it.”

-Maya Angelou

End of Week 16 Update:

In preparation of the impending self-haircut, I am checking out how low I have to cut my hair. I just want a blend with my transplanted hair to me natural hair for the Holidays where I need to come out of the COVID hermit shell.

This is the area I want to blend into:

IMG_2557.jpg.edb2e2ac67fcdf19bd7c1439113343a1.jpg

At an 8-guard, barely any recipient hair gets nicked:

IMG_2567.jpg.3651e6b460aa32f416b9feb0c4d08dff.jpg

At a 7-guard, things should be just right. I'll be even more careful with the sides and the back because the scarring is pretty visible now. I'll post pics after the cut next week. I think I will wear the hair low through the 6th month so that natural growth doesn't overtake progress that would be shown in my pics. Then months 7-12, let it grow to styling length and trim as needed. Of course, I can always evalucept things as there is no telling what the future may hold.

IMG_2566.jpg.ba364706ac7d47eea8583e07ca764323.jpg

IMG_2548.jpg.5878ddb6e520990d2e97d1efa5bceeb8.jpg

IMG_2549.jpg.6ccae6efb36ecb67e1fe1b4628622ad9.jpg

IMG_2536.jpg.1eef8e058cecd4a9a98468d3c5ed474a.jpg

IMG_2551.jpg.8a66b6059ee798c8e26f21094f14dd77.jpg

IMG_2550.jpg.2e03a10fe68d616d84861f4d439e9417.jpg

IMG_2547.jpg.ef9d3c247ef47a00fc0be59e6130ed5a.jpg

IMG_2538.jpg.ae3b252ff8adad3d43a2eed65cb179a7.jpg

IMG_2539.jpg.54cdc223a02d2aaff0ac4e9dfe893665.jpg

IMG_2553.jpg.419152137e01acacf316eca10b6328d4.jpg

IMG_2545.jpg.eba11c64d030adda70f8d3e7c4b54040.jpg

Comparison.thumb.jpg.aa5a5677dae6aa08207d389afaf369db.jpg

IMG_2554.jpg

Edited by jimcraig152

Even with your legitimate concerns, I think you're on track for an exciting month ahead.  

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

here is what I will say...

I’ve been on this forum for 3 years. 3.5 if you count the time I didn’t have an account. People come and go in waves. They do their research, they have their procedure, and then they leave. Maybe they come back, maybe they don’t, but then a new wave of guppies come in asking the same basic HT research questions.

The most important thing you can do is document your journey if you want to make future patients aware. If a future Diep prospect is searching his name here, he will come across this 11 page thread and many others that show the bad (and good) of the surgeon, and they will read and take that into account in their decision. There is no convincing the current wave of people on this forum. You can only hope to inform the future patients.

It’s pretty clear Diep won’t be removed from the recommended list. There is no end game with bashing Diep over and over. Yes he puts out great recipient results. Yes he has failure cases. Yes unhappy patients can voice their concerns and potential/alleged ethical issues.

So let’s all just move on, hope @jimcraig152 gets a killer recipient result, and he can make his own informed decision going forward with future surgeries and addressing any donor repairs.

PEACE

• Like 4

• Administrators

I have asked tentpole to come and update us with recent pictures. It’s my understanding that he met with Diep, and that Diep himself wasn’t satisfied with one side of his hairline, and offered a free touch-up. That is what we come to expect from a physician in the event that a patient isn’t happy. Plenty of examples here where it’s been done. It is not exclusive to Diep. Also, we keep bringing up patients who aren’t done in their growing months 3-5 as results of failure. We all know it takes 12 months. 

That said, once again we’ve veered away from the topic of Jim and his progress. It’s not about anyone else or their “pms” it’s about Jim. I will say I love how you have all of the days compiled together, it really does paint a picture. At a little over 3.5 months, the growth is pretty remarkable in my opinion. 

4DB10A01-E116-4C83-8DD0-816B833F0DAC.jpeg

• Like 4

View my thread

Melvin the moderator asked if I could dig up some early pics of my progression with from 3 -6 month mark from my surgery. I did an FUT session a few years ago and I can assure you that at 3-4 months my results at that time were unpleasant. I had done my research and I knew that was the “ugly duckling phase” all these concerns that people are having I experienced first hand. But let me tell you something on the 6-7 month the transplanted hair exploded with great density. My shock loss had recovered and all my natural hair grew In to match the rest of my hair. My hair line soften up and every implanted hair that stood out matched evenly. 

I remember Leaving the clinic after my surgery and Dr Diep gave me his personal cell phone number and told me I could call him anytime I had questions. Dr Dieps clinic reached the next day to check up on me as well as in person follow up 2 weeks with Diep himself. We talked and joked for 30 mins about sports and how great my hair was going to look. Never felt rushed and took his time with me. 

Id love to hear from any of these guys after 12 months post op. I don’t think it’s fair to speak negatively about Dr Diep until the results are in. This isn’t like getting a nose job or tit implants when you know if you got botched after the dressing comes off. 

Still have not seen any HT physician show results consistently as Diep. I’m sure I can dig up some sub par results from these other docs and in the forums and light them up. Any ways I will find some old pics to post.

A0DF4899-6CEF-4F9F-9392-2169C43A0CAC.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jimcraig152 said:

You seem like a very pragmatic guy, as opposed to being a critical thinker. That is not an insult. It is an assessment. Each half the world falls on either side:  pragmatic thinking vs. critical thinking. Being as such, pragmatic people tend to lean heavily on reputation in the decision making and sentiments. And it is next to impossible to change a pragmatic person's mind. You've met Dr. Diep and think how can a surgeon and such a nice guy do anyone wrong right?

Good God, I so wish you could have seen this thread. Read just the title of the URL to get an understanding of what it was about. It was started by another Dr. Diep patient about 2 weeks after mine. If you could have only seen it, your understanding of decency would turn. You would ask instead "What decent doctor could ever do this and then deny it?" If that thread ever comes back, and all that saw it are hoping that it does, you'll ask yourself "Did I really go to that surgeon?" That thread would be all the exculpatory evidence needed to render your accusation of me as being a shill for other surgeons (which I could flag you for, but I won't) to be fodder. Then rather than the crusade against the haters you think you are on, your sentiments would turn to guilt of being one of the lucky ones that nearly became a victim yourself. Go see for yourself what another recent Dr. Diep patient, @Tentpole91, feels regarding that subject. Because he like I, saw that thread which you didn't, and bear that guilt. The subject of that thread isn't a middle-aged man like you or I. He is in 20's. He hasn't even reached the prime of his life yet. And you would be outraged if you saw it and disgusted by Dr. Diep's denial of it. That young man is lurking this thread now and your baseless accusation levied against me might just give him the impetus needed to return.

I've only been on this forum for 3 months. Go look around at other Dr. Diep patient threads that came before mine. Some will praise Dr. Diep. Others will not. Aside from those differing sentiments, you'll find the only difference is that they aren't as thoroughly documented as mine. COVID-19 times allows me to be thorough and prolific, but none of my critiques of Dr. Diep are new. They aren't echos either. An echo is sound bounced around from one original source. They are new testimonies. Sadly, the story is the same. I am on no mission to shut down anyone's business. Because I would feel even more guilt if I did. Like anyone else here on this forum suffering from hair loss, it is about helping everyone else.

Look man, you are probably in your second day. You shouldn't be fighting any fight now, least of all with me. I want what is best for you. I am a brother in the struggle just like you are. I have never told anyone not to go to Dr. Diep. Particularly you. As a matter of fact, I applauded you for absorbing the information that was conveyed here and demanding them of Dr. Diep. Now, I really want to know if he has taken the criticism (your demands) and done something with it.

My end goal I've quoted for you below.

@jimcraig152 This is your review thread and I realize it is not respectful for me to take it off topic. My advice to you is take a step back and don't be too judgmental. Your result is looking good so far and like I stated before, if mine looks as good as yours, I will be happy.

Life is a journey and I read your whole thread. I truly hope you can have more fun along the way. Also, I hope you understand there is a true different between a "critical thinker" vs a person just being critical. This is a hair restoration forum and it is a place for people to do research and also gets some entertainment. If you are able to focus your own results (not other people) to be the primary message, people will get more from all of your hard work. 

Btw, I am neither a pragmatic guy nor a critical thinker. You should consider me as a happy go lucky guy and someone who just doesn't take things too seriously. I also don't give a crap of what people thinks of me. You maybe surprise that can bring more positive energy to others and also for you to get some unexpected benefits.

End of the day, your hair is progressing well. Good luck.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

@anotherhairlosssufferer Give me time. I am not some one percenter (I do think I fit into the 50 percentile) that some member mentioned earlier. I have a day job and I took only one day off (surgery day) due to my work schedule. 

For people who is planning or considering Dr Diep, I personally think you will be fine. Maybe because of Jim's comments here or else, I am very pleased with my Op experience. My surgery is only two days old, so I have no idea how the end result will turn out. One thing is true that I had a great time with her staff (Pam, Jennifer, Kwan (sp?), and Linsey.) They were all so friendly to me and two of them + Dr Diep were with me to finish my surgery well past 12:30am. It was truly a long day for everyone, especially Dr Diep and the staff will do this all over again at 7:30 am the next day.

CluelessDefinitiveBongo-size_restricted.gif.88aaae5bf04ed6cfe6b6ca907dda1060.gif

It's a dice roll.

Nice hair. Your experience with MHTA isn't what other people got. Here is potentially why.........

14 hours ago, WS2020 said:

They were all so friendly to me and two of them + Dr Diep were with me to finish my surgery well past 12:30am. It was truly a long day for everyone, especially Dr Diep and the staff will do this all over again at 7:30 am the next day.

The next day, brings two new surgical patients (too many by a factor of one) and numerous consultation patients through the doors of MHTA. With a long day ahead for each patient, a finite amount of hours in a day, and MHTA's staff, Dr. Diep included, not being robots thus deprived of rest, some unfortunate circumstances are going to arise. Comprises taken and mistakes are inevitably going to be made. It's a dice roll.

CluelessDefinitiveBongo-size_restricted.gif.88aaae5bf04ed6cfe6b6ca907dda1060.gif

Edited by jimcraig152