FUE Experience w/Dr. Diep MHTA Clinic

Ok brah..now I’m starting to catch on to you Jim. You are another one of those loser forum trolls that I see on reddit. I’m just trying to provide a positive feedback while your playing Cuck to all these people. It’s a beautiful day shut the laptop off. Lol

D2B4317B-274D-458B-95E5-873E3D4DFC8E.png

• Like 2

Jim, thank you for this thread! I was seriously considering Dr. Diep but now i have filtered the list to doctors who perform the extraction and implantation and willing to pay a premium for this level of service. I think you were promised something and then expectations were not what you thought. 

You helped me on my search!

• Like 1

I just reread your first post, the fact that you paid premium prices of $8/ FUE and the doctor did not perform the surgery is puzzling. I would be pissed actually... Konior and Nadimi would have served you far better imo. Konior quoted $12/ FUE while Nadimi quoted $8/FUE, all their hands extracting and implanting

On 7/29/2020 at 2:09 AM, jimcraig152 said:

EDIT:  From discussion with other forum members, assistants placing the grafts into the incisions is done at 90% of all other clinics. So I do feel better now. But that also does not change that coming to know this during the middle of the procedure was the worst part of the procedure. You can read further discussion on this subject in subsequent replies.

after reading more threads, i not gonna even risk this. pay top dollar and do it right the first time rather than revisions and corrections. Have the damn doctor do everything

• Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 10:05 AM, BDK081522 said:

One of my biggest concerns was that his graft angles were not natural, however. They did not follow the pattern and direction of surrounding hair. They were too perpendicular to the skin. The casual observer would not notice this unless you knew what to look for. So how could it be called a failure? From a macro perspective it was anything but a failure. He delivered great yield in the hairline and allowed me to expose my hairline for the first time in 15 years. Where Dr. Diep failed is in the attention to detail in placement, angles, and donor management. My donor looked destroyed after surgery. His punches were way too large and too concentrated. At the bottom he left a linear pattern that resembled an FUT scar.

On 11/12/2020 at 10:05 AM, BDK081522 said:

My experience with Dr. Konior in every way possible was more professional, detail oriented, and patient focused. I believe Diep does what he does out of urgency. Urgency to get the quickest acceptable outcome without spending 12 hours a day on one patient. Dr. Konior is the exact opposite. He literally spent from 0630 until 2130 working on only me. He gives you his undivided attention and is so meticulous with every aspect of surgery. He genuinely wants the best most natural result for every patient that walks through the door. I completely understand that Dr. Konior is expensive and not everyone can afford it. However, he delivers and the end result is worth it in my opinion.

thanks for this value. pretty much what im guessing, you just validated more..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skyb said:

Ok brah..now I’m starting to catch on to you Jim. You are another one of those loser forum trolls that I see on reddit. I’m just trying to provide a positive feedback while your playing Cuck to all these people. It’s a beautiful day shut the laptop off. Lol

It is a beautiful day. Sorry brutha. Didn't mean to upset you. Nice hair, like I said.

36 minutes ago, smurf said:

after reading more threads, i not gonna even risk this. pay top dollar and do it right the first time rather than revisions and corrections. Have the damn doctor do everything

There are elite surgeons that farm out the work to their techs. Those techs are highly skilled and keeps the surgeons fresh and well rested to perform the more meticulous grafting work. Hasson & Wong farm out the excisions to the their techs. Those techs though, have transection loss down to 2%. Setting the bar.

But rather than look at it as being a must that the surgeon does both, I've come to realize what's more important is that the fundamental goals of the patient are achieved. So as I've said, humility. The ability to reject one's own ideas as being invalid and to accept new ones. I've long since thrown out those conclusions. Of course, having the surgeon do 100% of the work still has its advantages. Here is what I believe those fundamental goals are for the patient:

1. With any surgical hair restoration, the primary goal is naturalness.
  2. If paying the higher premium for FUE, the primary goal is less visible scarring to allow for shorter hairstyles. The secondary goal is low transection loss (5% or less), as higher transection loss leads to more visible scarring.
  3. If choosing FUT, the primary goal is to maximize donor supply. The secondary goal is to minimize the linear scar. The tertiary goal is cost savings.

How the goals are achieved, does not matter. What matters is that the goals are achieved. The fundamental goals for the clinic/surgeon are different. I'll touch upon what I think that is with my next update.

I am a big fan of Nadimi's work. Every time I look at her work, it is if Mother Nature guided her hand with the grafting and she wins the "Like A Virgin" award with her donor management. One word of caution, her hairlines are on the conservative side. Put in a bit of work before hand and really gain an understanding of where you want that hairline placed. Dr. Diep on the other hand, places hairlines exceedingly well. Just look at @Skyb's work.

• Like 2

• Administrators

I cannot with this thread reports every single day @jimcraig152 you need a break from this forum. There’s been so much misinformation provided by you here. First Diep rushes, the patient says he stayed till 12:45am, so now you flipped it to say it’s a dice roll cause he’s tired. The whole extraction on the one side being lazy was from you, which caused another surgeon here to be attacked. The forum needs a break from this constant nonsense. When you come back, hopefully you’ll be more level headed and objective. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Dear Community,

Many of you need a break, I will no longer tolerate any discussions on this thread that isn’t about Jim’s specific results. I have been to lax, but it stops now. We’re all here for the same reason, to learn, share and get more hair. 

Best wishes,

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, smurf said:

I just reread your first post, the fact that you paid premium prices of $8/ FUE and the doctor did not perform the surgery is puzzling. I would be pissed actually... Konior and Nadimi would have served you far better imo. Konior quoted $12/ FUE while Nadimi quoted $8/FUE, all their hands extracting and implanting

What are you talking about, Dr. Diep does perform the surgery, he does the extractions and creates the recipient sites. He doesn’t place the grafts, and neither does 95% of the clinics recommended here. If Jim said he doesn’t perform the surgery that is a flat out lie. Best wishes on your procedure, but I cannot let false information circle around the forum. Enough is enough.

• Like 1

View my thread

Guys,

my honest opinion with dealing with both doctor diep and doctor hasson .. 

I feel like I should of went to doctor diep . He would of gave me more density. H&w is a top notch clinic , n they are more meticulous n detailed oriented .. but all this negativity towards doctor diep is what scared me n cAnceld on Doctor diep + the customer service from the office manager made me nervous about spending $16,000..

I ended up spending $20,000 at hnw, for more grafts n less results .. so honestly, I think they are both great clinics .. don’t overthink it . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

What are you talking about, Dr. Diep does perform the surgery, he does the extractions and creates the recipient sites. He doesn’t place the grafts, and neither does 95% of the clinics recommended here. If Jim said he doesn’t perform the surgery that is a flat out lie. Best wishes on your procedure, but I cannot let false information circle around the forum. Enough is enough.

apologies, yes Dr. Diep performs the extractions but doesnt place the grafts.

Jim's results arent bad! 

Right?

Hey, @Skyb, my bad bruh. What I said was out of line. Even if that was my thought, I shouldn't have said it. We may be on the other side of the fence on this subject, but we are brothers in the struggle and aren't too different. After Melvin stated to keep on the subject, I was wondering why you were inserting your results into the discussion. Now I realize you you were doing exactly what you said you were doing:  providing positive feedback. Thank you for that. I've deleted that statement. Your hair is enviable brutha!

Anyhoo, Dr. Diep's work is polarizing. We might not all agree on that. But @Melvin-Moderator's work isn't. And we all unanimously agree on that. He is a good dude and has a fantastic head of hair thanks to Dr. Diep. He needs a break from this thread. And shoot, I need a break from this thread/forum myself. The Holidays are around the corner. We don't need to be carrying any further negativity into these times. If I am stirring that up, that isn't what I want or am about at all. I am logging off for a couple of weeks. See y'all later.

• Administrators
20 hours ago, smurf said:

apologies, yes Dr. Diep performs the extractions but doesnt place the grafts.

Jim's results arent bad! 

Right?

95% of the clinics in the world don’t place grafts. You cannot expect a surgeon to do the entire surgery, that is why he has technicians to assist in less crucial parts of surgery, and yes placing grafts is less crucial. A well trained technician should have no problem. 

Hasson and Wong techs place grafts, Cooley, techs place grafts, Bloxham techs place grafts, Shapiro techs place grafts,Wesley techs place grafts, Mohebi techs place grafts, Gabel assists in placing grafts, but still has help from techs should I go on?

The whole graft placement is a non-issue that was raised because Jim didn’t know that hair transplantation is a team effort, and that’s because he didn’t do enough research prior. He’s not an expert, he’s been here a few months. 

In my opinion, objectively speaking, his results look above average at 3.5 months. He looks on course for an above average result. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
8 hours ago, jimcraig152 said:

Hey, @Skyb, my bad bruh. What I said was out of line. Even if that was my thought, I shouldn't have said it. We may be on the other side of the fence on this subject, but we are brothers in the struggle and aren't too different. After Melvin stated to keep on the subject, I was wondering why you were inserting your results into the discussion. Now I realize you you were doing exactly what you said you were doing:  providing positive feedback. Thank you for that. I've deleted that statement. Your hair is enviable brutha!

Anyhoo, Dr. Diep's work is polarizing. We might not all agree on that. But @Melvin-Moderator's work isn't. And we all unanimously agree on that. He is a good dude and has a fantastic head of hair thanks to Dr. Diep. He needs a break from this thread. And shoot, I need a break from this thread/forum myself. The Holidays are around the corner. We don't need to be carrying any further negativity into these times. If I am stirring that up, that isn't what I want or am about at all. I am logging off for a couple of weeks. See y'all later.

The truth is your thread is polarizing. Please take at least a month off. At this point updating monthly is better than weekly. Wish you the best and have a good thanksgiving. 

Peace ✌🏼 

• Like 1

View my thread

On 7/29/2020 at 3:09 AM, jimcraig152 said:

About an hour after I arrived, I finally was able to see Dr. Diep in his office. We had to cover business stuff. I relented on some of my original answers and allowed him to harvest beyond the estimated 2250 grafts (In the end, 87 extra grafts were extracted for a total of 2337 grafts). Honestly, I understand the graft amount is an estimate. But I feel this is some corrupt auto industry-type billing. A trained doctor should be able to give an estimated range to the patient. If under, then the patient should be due some money back. If over, some transparency would go a long way to fostering confidence for the patient to at least know what they are up against. This running up billable hours/events practice is off-putting. I am pretty sure, no one has left Dr. Diep's office with a windfall.

I wouldn't be too alarmed at this.  Unfortunately once you've gotten that far you're all in.  Ironically my graft count came in lower and I got a small refund.

On 7/29/2020 at 3:09 AM, jimcraig152 said:

I'll edit this post with pics shortly. But let me ask for those that have had work done with Dr. Diep, who performed the grafts? Did Dr. Diep do them for you?

• If YES, are you happy with the results?
  • If NO, are you happy with the results?

I'm happy with my results.  It's not perfect but that's not because of him, it's because I have additional thinning in my crown due to more diffuse hair loss.  Nobody can see it if I wear my hair low.  My hairline makes me look much younger.  Ultimately that's what the goal was and it worked.

I documented my results in my thread here:  

I will say that I have the benefit of thick curly hair that can mask a lot of thin areas.  So my hairline looks 100% natural.  I've even had friends make remarks such as, "It's unfair you still have your hairline."  lol.  I'm at 10 months, hoping to see some more progress in the next two months.  I know I might now but if this is the end result, I would still say I'm happy.

My only gripes with Diep were scheduling and communication.  I do sometimes wonder if I could have gotten the same result at 1/6th the price in Turkey tho.

• Like 3

On 11/13/2020 at 8:37 PM, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

Can you please start a new thread for your experience? It would be another Dr. Diep's work data point for everyone else to see and could really help us compare against @jimcraig152's experience. More pics pre-op and post-op donor would be great!

@jimcraig152 agrees with me!

Here is my new review thread. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JohnBob said:

@jimcraig152 do you know what are those brownish spots in your donor area? do you think they were caused by the surgery?

Yeah, they were. It's scarring from the excisions. Should fade with time as I reach the full 12-month recovery cycle.

I've experimented with viewing my donor in grayscale to see how it might look once healed. Check it out here:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/57329-fue-experience-wdr-diep-mhta-clinic/?do=findComment&comment=559302

20 hours ago, jimcraig152 said:

Yeah, they were. It's scarring from the excisions. Should fade with time as I reach the full 12-month recovery cycle.

I've experimented with viewing my donor in grayscale to see how it might look once healed. Check it out here:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/57329-fue-experience-wdr-diep-mhta-clinic/?do=findComment&comment=559302

This is not something normal to happen, right? I hope you recover 100%!

• 2 weeks later...